neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1199, 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:40 am 
In-House Sax Machine

gimp wrote:
napalm, batman, i honestly don't care that much for either of you

:(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:23 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:

It's okay Napalm. I still sort of like you :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:33 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

illblamesum1else wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:

It's okay Napalm. I still sort of like you :coookieesssss:

:)

Also got another article up. This time I'm getting paid

http://blog.tutum.co/2014/12/02/docker- ... upervisor/

You uh you should upvote it

https://www.reddit.com/r/docker/comment ... vorite_pro

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/co ... ew_favorit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:33 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

gimp wrote:
napalm, batman, i honestly don't care that much for either of you but i would actually put some thought into criticising you if i was going to do it.

welp so much for ever sleeping at night again :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:29 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

crack a tinny. crack a fat. just don't crack the shits.

nape: this is news to you?

I don't spend much time on this forum attempting any kind of serious communication so pay attention because I'm only going to say this once: I don't spend much time on this forum attempting any kind of serious communication. ... Twice.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

gimp wrote:

I don't spend much time on this forum attempting any kind of serious communication so pay attention because I'm only going to say this once: I don't spend much time on this forum attempting any kind of serious communication. ... Twice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:03 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:

nape just gets protective. he's a good dude though. i don't know how many IT guys you know, but they tend to feel like their being challenged often. it comes with the work environment.

bats will always be the coolest person in the room according to himself. he has a good wit, and if he could exchange a couple more breaths of fresh air for the self-branded farts he's been recirculating since the dawn of /b: he'd be able to make a very compelling case for his side of an argument. he's someone i want to see do well. i see potential, but i also see someone who lets their persona limit the scope of their interactions more than is beneficial.

i dunno. what we have here is a bunch of people who are widely dispersed and know each other pretty well. it's small, but it is a global community...allbeit barely qualifying (5 countries?). but it's still something. if we ever chose to use that: we could do something. i'm willing to let a lot of things go and stay patient with everyone because i want to keep that potential open. look at it like this: half of us don't really get along or have much in common, but it's been. . . shit, like ten years now. how many people tend to stay friends for that long IRL? a lot of us are still here, and i still talk to a couple people on steam. i text crash, but if you've seen some of our arguments you'd swear we hated each other. truth be told: we get along very well when we've met.

also look at our talent base. a number are very good musicians, nape is great web admin, locrain has connections at conventions. . .

shit. how's this for an idea: resurrect the Neskimos as a web collaboration and have every character be a Wily bot. it makes it easy for nape. get snifit to do the web art, then neon, gimp, and johnny can divy up the parts, you all have equipment. i also have a recording studio in my house and my roommate is an engineer. i also am good friends with a mastering engineer. i could get an album through production as a favor. i also know a video editor. if it goes over well the act could go to a convention or something pretty easily riding off of the neskimos clout. and it would be, more or less, official. more if somebody wants to run the idea by Wily.

i could contribute just about anywhere as needed. i'm very much a jack of all trades.

the only things i see which stifle what potential there is are pride and laziness. that's one of about five projects i can think of. and that's only know which contacts i have personally. if i knew who everyone here had around them: i could envision something much larger. we're still here. might as well roll us the sleeves and pool our resources. you'd be very surprised what can be done with the amount of social distribution between the members here.

if anyone else is at the point where they want to nut up on a forum endeavor: i'll make a thread about it later tonight. we'll come up with a set of goals and requirements: any requirements which are out of reach will be my job to procure. i'm lazy, but i know a ton of people and never spend my money.

i'm helping crash with something currently. speaking of which: my other roommate might be getting a job at a print shop soon. i might be able to get a discount on the first run if he does. also: i'm going to be meeting with my artist sometime in the next couple of weeks. i'll talk more about it later, i just wanted to mention it publicly all things considered. i just wanted to show i'm serious. i know people who can help anyone here. i've got a guy for damn near everything, and i know how to get their attention.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:11 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

S1eepy wrote:
nape just gets protective. he's a good dude though. i don't know how many IT guys you know, but they tend to feel like their being challenged often. it comes with the work environment.

Hey, thanks man. I do appreciate it.

I've seriously been getting turned off by the forums more and more and more.

I mean, from my perspective, here's what's happened over the past coupla months:

gimp: "Hey, I wanna play minecraft"

others: "Hey I do, too"

me: "Well I don't really wanna deal with running it..."
(crickets)
me: "Well alright, it's $18 to rent a server for a year? Fuck it I'll do it"

(everybody plays, gimp seems to like me)

(about two weeks pass)

During this time, I'm dealing with keeping the damn thing running (it seems to be really crashy). Texts from people when it's down, etc.

(about a month and a half passes)

gimp (last login to mc server: oct 29): "honestly john I don't really like you"

Between that and Cid biting my head off when I asked about the benefits of preordering downloadable games (I still don't see where I implied anything for him to get upset about...)

It just seems like, I dunno. Fuck it? Fuck it.

As cool as your project sounds, S1eepy, my energy has been sapped by the overall negativity of this place.

Even posts like this, I spend a decent amount of time debating between voicing my frustrations or just saying "fuck it"

Yeah. I don't care for the forums so much anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:06 pm 
KSK Mastermind

S1eepy: I dont remember those arguments. :/

Napes: I still need to send you back Moonwalker. Also, I started on that mine craft but after the first week I never saw anyone on much.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Napalm Man wrote:

Yeah. I don't care for the forums so much anymore.

Yeah I mostly pop in out of force of habit at this point tbh

God forbid I miss golden discussions such as this

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:26 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I think it's also mostly force of habit that I still come here too, I check it every day at least once.
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter or any of that so apart from Steam this is the only place I talk to people online. Forums in general are often horrible places, but I like everyone here, even when I disagree with them, which is odd because I don't like many people.
BTW, I'm still apparently having a holiday in America next year and would love to hang out with you guys, let you know more when details are final.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:42 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

@crash: they were mostly aesthetic things. i remember a couple about MMOs that got a bit heated.

@nape: i know how it gets when the majority of people in proximity just don't get where you're coming from on something. it's frustrating as fuck, and after a while you start to feel the better option is to come out the gate swinging. honestly, i still haven't figured it out yet.

@gimp: more or less the same thing i said to nape. you just have two wildly different perspectives and experiences. that gap is a bit bigger.

damn near every project i've worked on i've wound up being the only one doing work while everyone is excited to the point of having to lift a finger. and i have a very hard time keeping myself motivated when it's a solo effort. so then i tend to slip back into old habits. . . and, well, i'm not the kind of person who wants to have their promise of a more fruitful future lorded over them by an employer. i want to build up myself and those around me by using my own hands. advancing a shared agenda. i want to look back and think "fuck yeah, i did that" and not "i had the best life someone else was willing to afford me".

the biggest road block to advancing any life is agreement. people fight over so many pointless things. erecting barriers of interaction to the point where we become so cloistered up in our own preferences and opinions that it becomes hard to agree on anything. we become isolated. and there is a point where you just have to become comfortable truly being alone. a truth so many seem to try and bury into the back corners of their mind with idle and fruitless activity. the way forward is to bring that isolation front and center and use it to make yourself stronger. once you accept it, accept that we're all alone, always, it makes the contrast between cooperation and subjugation much more significant. and you realize that the reason it's so much easier for two people to change the world than it is for one is purely because two sets of hands will be roughly 50% more capable than any one set. it's really that simple. we fail alone because we're competing with everyone else on that same level. having two people who agree is an automatic advantage, and a serious one at that.

so. we can either get caught up on our bumps and bruises, or we can set a marker off in the distance and come screaming through the underbrush towards it like a bunch of fucking vikings.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... ur/cmw7jxs

This is really beautiful.

Then I realized that it was written by a guy whose screenname is VaginalBurp. But...I'm kinda okay with this.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:36 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Christmas is exhausting, get woken up early because my mother is mad at my brother and I then have to spend the day visiting all the family wishing I was still asleep. I do enjoy seeing my family, but I don't really enjoy being woken up early and summer in general.
My brother and I stayed up late wrapping our mother's things, things she already owned like ornaments, fancy chairs and the living room TV. If we had more wrapping paper we were going to wrap the couches and her car. She spent about an hour calling us idiots telling us we're not funny, we responded with "Don't you want to see what you got?"
Anyway, I was given a bass guitar, a Luigi amiibo and some games I bought myself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I miss this thread, and this forum, going crazy with multiple new posts a day. Where'd everyone go?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:34 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I don't know, man. I still check in daily but rarely have anything worth talking about, in a bit of a long rut.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:43 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I've gotten the Amiibo bug pretty hard.

So much nostalgia...and they look so damn good on display.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:29 am 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

My cousin is dating a guy that used to be a main cast member on Salute Your Shorts. Is anyone here old enough to remember anything about that show?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:34 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
My cousin is dating a guy that used to be a main cast member on Salute Your Shorts. Is anyone here old enough to remember anything about that show?

Duuuuuuuuuuude yes. Which guy? Buttnick? Donkeylips? I hope it's Donkeylips. That dude needs love.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:14 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Pinsky. The guy has done a lot of stuff since Salute Your Shorts, but I could barely control myself when I met him. Luckily, it was a short meeting, otherwise I would've embarrassed myself and my cousin.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:23 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Dude, we're all the perfect age to remember Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, SNICK, etc.

Is it going to be weird going all Chris Farley on him next time you see him?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Oh shit, he was also Joey The Rat on Boy Meets World!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:38 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Neon Jackal wrote:
I don't know, man. I still check in daily but rarely have anything worth talking about, in a bit of a long rut.

I think everyone is each others friends on facebook now, so we've kind of migrated over there.

I was worried that we kinda abandoned this place. I was really sad that maybe we were all done here or something.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:21 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Well, I don't have a facebook, so yeah, oh well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:24 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Hey, as long as someone is posting here, I'll post here, too.

I think if/when we ever hear from the band again, too, it'll liven up a bit. But, I dunno, I'm kinda doubtful at this point. They came back for like 3 shows and then disappeared again.

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1199, 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205  Next