neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 pm 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

So there is a good chance I wont be showing up at Nerdapalooza, mainly because you guys are on Sunday, the other bands are on Saturday, and my wife nor me want to spend $50 to see everyone on both days. And $30 for one day (when I only care about 1 band) is a weee bit steep. I am still debating that though.

My hope then, is that you all intend to do another show sometime here in Orlando.

My suggestion would be to see about getting a show at the Haven Lounge. Its one of the few Rock oriented bars, the Protomen have played there twice in fact.

You could get Random Encounter (they are Orlando Natives) and maybe Marc with a C to open for ya? The Killer Robots are down here too!

I am just hoping I get SOME chance to see you guys here in Central Florida :\m/:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:36 pm 
KSK Mastermind

DONT WORRY STOMPHOOF!

I am about to save your life!

Nerdapalooza will be streamed... LIVE
http://www.nerdyshow.com/nerdyshowlive/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 pm 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

Hah thanks Crash.

Turns out I will be there :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:16 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

If they got more Orlando gigs, I would be able to show up a lot more for them, too. I'm going to be like 50 miles from Orlando, but about 180 miles from Jacksonville.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 pm 
Pork Town NESkimo
Pork Town NESkimo

sure we plan on playing more shows in the areas surrounding St. augustine and Orlando. After this slew of shoes is finished we'll be playing a show TBA in Jax in mid august then a bit of break (month or two) to focus on work and our other not-so-glamorous lives, then more shows. We also want to start writing new material and that can't happen as easily or quickly as before being as how we're spread out between otown and St. A.. So at some point that will taken precedence over playing shows.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:44 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

When are you playing NYC? :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:11 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Mariorg wrote:
St. augustine

is it just my perspective, or are the venues in st aug absolutely shithouse? do us a favour and get a recording at a venue where somebody has actually thought about the acoustics :D

also: are blackouts a florida thing?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

Last edited by gimp on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:26 pm 
Pork Town NESkimo
Pork Town NESkimo

Beggars can't be choosers people.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:55 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

gimp wrote:
Mariorg wrote:
St. augustine

is it just my perspective, or are the venues in st aug absolutely shithouse? do us a favour and get a soundboard recording at a venue where somebody has actually thought about the acoustics :D

I think that one place that my brother recorded the show at just has bad wiring or something.

The only time we have blackouts are during hurricanes, really, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:52 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
gimp wrote:
Mariorg wrote:
St. augustine

is it just my perspective, or are the venues in st aug absolutely shithouse? do us a favour and get a soundboard recording at a venue where somebody has actually thought about the acoustics :D

I think that one place that my brother recorded the show at just has bad wiring or something.

The only time we have blackouts are during hurricanes, really, haha.

Yup..

Would you ever consider doing another house party that that one time at Spidey's? I'm gonna be getting a house in about 6 months or so /wink /wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:21 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Mariorg wrote:

Completely agree, btw.

I'm just glad to see you guys back and doing shows again. I know that all the other venues that used to be your regular stomping grounds are kind of gone now. Backstreets, All Stars, Club Fusion (still around, but vastly different inside from my understanding? They do like weekly rave party things there now, I haven't been, though). I think Jack Rabbit's is still around, though? I know you guys did some shows there for awhile.

You guys might really want to look into more conventions. Gets the nerd demographic all together in a place, and you'll probably get a bigger crowd because of that. There's some pretty big ones in/around Florida, too, like MegaCon, SuperCon (I think? I haven't been yet), and then there's DragonCon which is like the biggest thing in the US South East for nerds.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 am 
KSK Mastermind

Megacon typically doesnt have musical acts, except for weird J-pop stuff. But i'd support them there for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 am 
Pork Town NESkimo
Pork Town NESkimo

Nameless88 wrote:
Mariorg wrote:

Completely agree, btw.

I'm just glad to see you guys back and doing shows again. I know that all the other venues that used to be your regular stomping grounds are kind of gone now. Backstreets, All Stars, Club Fusion (still around, but vastly different inside from my understanding? They do like weekly rave party things there now, I haven't been, though). I think Jack Rabbit's is still around, though? I know you guys did some shows there for awhile.

You guys might really want to look into more conventions. Gets the nerd demographic all together in a place, and you'll probably get a bigger crowd because of that. There's some pretty big ones in/around Florida, too, like MegaCon, SuperCon (I think? I haven't been yet), and then there's DragonCon which is like the biggest thing in the US South East for nerds.

Oh and BTDubs, if this didn't come across, this applies us as the band too. We don't know peeps any more. We will play where ever anyone lets us.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:35 am 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

Here in Orlando the Haven is one of the smaller bars, but has let VG Music acts perform there.

I rather like it, as far as venue goes.

Seen the Protomen twice there. Seen Killer Robots as well. Marc with a C and Random Encounter also (it was the Random Encounter album release)

So I think the NESkimos would be welcomed there ;)

Do it with Random Encounter and maybe one of the Nerdcore acts around Orlando and BAM. Done.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:43 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Mariorg wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
Mariorg wrote:

Completely agree, btw.

Oh and BTDubs, if this didn't come across, this applies us as the band too. We don't know peeps any more. We will play where ever anyone lets us.

magfest magfest magfest ahsdklalaefla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Mariorg wrote:

That...makes sense, too, actually, haha.

You guys probably lost connections since you've been out of the scene for awhile. Kind of a bummer.

But, your music is righteous, and you'll find new gigs. :911::

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

They're on a mission from God

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Stomphoof wrote:
Marc with a C

There's actually a band with that name? That's kind of awesome. Fairly obscure reference.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 pm 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

illblamesum1else wrote:
Stomphoof wrote:
Marc with a C

There's actually a band with that name? That's kind of awesome. Fairly obscure reference.

Yes there is, its just a single dude though not a full band.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:19 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Stomphoof wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Stomphoof wrote:
Marc with a C

Yes there is, its just a single dude though not a full band.

I'm still assuming it's an Empire Records reference. And if so, they need to sell "Marc Sucks" pins.