neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howdy y'all!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 pm 
Fucking Sandals!

To spare you the whining, I'll make a long story short: life has been busy, still don't have my own internet.

There. Now onto the real topic at hand, I'm leaving tomorrow to fly out to Olympia, Washington to visit two of my best friends whom I haven't really seen in three years. It was brought to my attention by a mister Eric Taylor (ExPostFacto? or MorteTheSkull? Sry, my memory of some of your names has become slightly fuzzy since I've been away) that there are several Neskimites now residing in the very state I am visiting. My question is, where in Washington is everyone and is a mini-Neskigathering possible? I'll be arriving sometime late Thursday/Friday morning possibly and I'll be there until the 29th or 30th, not sure yet. I do know I'll be there for more than a week. My friends both live in Olympia but I've been told that it's part of a greater tri-city area and commuting to Seattle or wherever-the-fuck-else people would wanna be in Washington is very doable.

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN! I haven't met a single one of you in person and I still lament my inability to make it to the Neskiparties of yore. This vacation will be the farthest I've ever been from Minnesota since the day I was born (I travelled to Arkansas once, no amount of "meh"s can accurately describe how lame it was) and I intend for it to be hella fucking awesome. So holler and let me know what's going on. It would be nice to have a real return to this lovely little community, if even for a day or so.

Also, I herd they got the band back together >_>

Post subject: Re: Howdy y'all!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:22 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Yeah, myself (Eric) and ExPostFacto (Evan) both live out here. Soruja...MIGHT still live out here? I know he said he was moving to Portland in the near future. But yeah, ExPostFacto and myself are both in the town of Renton, which is a southern suburb of Seattle. Fallout (Bradford) also used to live here, but moved to San Francisco a while back.

I'd be into hanging out at some point. My schedule is pretty open for the time being. I BELIEVE that ExPostFacto works something like Sundays through Thursdays or something weird like that. I don't know. Either way, we can figure something out with that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Let's get an East Coast gathering, too. And then skype. Or just start a 90s hip hop style East Coast vs West Coast war.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

and just like in the 90s the mid-west is left scattered and in the middle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 am 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

OMFG <3 <3 ur aliev

tho why do I not live in Seattle anymore :(

You should hit up everyone on fb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:35 pm 
The so-called robot with admin powers

I thought you died in Iraq

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

every now and then feces rain from the sky; it happens.

welcome back. the true lords of the Internets must be reassembling. TGFA just clocked back in not very long ago too.

how fares the world through your eyes?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Good to hear from you again, man.

You guys should definitely get your west coast party on if you can.

Also, yeah, the band's back together, which is awesome, right? :awesome: They've got some details in the "Update on the Neskimos" thread, and my brother uploaded most of one of their concerts onto youtube.

Oh, and also, they're making a couple of new songs, and they've already previewed their metal version of Portal's Still Alive. It's like NIN style, definitely worth a listen.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:24 pm 
Fucking Sandals!

I is here, I'm posted up along Conger Road in Olympia. I believe we're heading back to Minnesota sometime Saturday which gives me roughly three more days for shenanigans. My only setback at the moment is that I flew out here so I don't have my own means of motorized transportation. Of the two friends I have out here, only one of them has a car and his work schedule is bonkers. I might be able to convince him to take me to Seattle for a half a day, if not I can use the bus (public transportation is fucking awesome out here btw >_>). Otherwise I'll be holed up in Olympia for the remainder of the trip. What about youse?

p.s. Mount Rainier is the shit, I went up there on Sunday and hiked a few miles. Weather was just right and I got to nerd out over all the massive piles of snow that still exist. Our winter was really strange this year but all traces of it are gone by now, so having a snowball fight in June was pretty much the most :awesome: thing that could've happened.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Well, my schedule is mostly open, but I also don't have a car, so I'm not entirely sure if I'd be able to arrange something.