neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 am 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

Yes I am shilling this here. No I don't care. I don't think Wily or Mario or Bruce or Dylan would care either. In fact I dare say they would SUPPORT THIS. AND YOU SHOULD TOO!

Kickstarter Page: http://t.co/IZbrvTlWQl

Random Encounter is raising funds for their next album: LET ME TELL YOU A STORY

Hello, we are Random Encounter. That's us below.

We are an Orlando based video game rock group. We have an accordionist and a female bassist. Theoretically, that is all we need, But do we stop there? Nope, you also get three other sweaty guys.

We like to write originals about video games and the paranormal. We're also known to do arranged covers of classic video game songs.

We saw some success with our previous release "Unavenged," recorded in 2010 and released in 2011. We even made a single in 2012 to let everyone know we were actually working on new songs and growing up (Disclaimer: We may not have grown up). But now we think it's time for the next installment of Random Encounter's discography.

We took the majority of recording into our own hands this time around. Despite doing so, we have made sure that we are not sacrificing any quality or production value. As scary as that sounds. It was extremely frightening. Hundreds died.

We are looking at having 14+ tracks on the album. (There are 2 examples on the Kickstarter Page)

We are estimating that our goal of $5000 will:

Finish any recording costs (Drums were tracked in a studio)
Allow us to have the album mixed and mastered (Make those delicious tracks sound better)
Allow us the first print run of the album
Any extra left over will be channeled back to you guys. Some random swag and what have you.

With that being said, any -equipment backers- through this kickstarter will go towards funding better equipment. All of the other backers will go towards the album.

Here are some prizes you can get for donating!

$10              -Limited Edition Sticker + Digital Download
$15              -Physical Album + $10 Tier
$20              -Handmade Bracelet + $15 Tier
$30-$75       -Clothes that the band wears at shows + Respective Tiers
$35              -Limited Edition Poster + $20 Tier
$65              -Limited Edition T-shirt + $35 Tier
$100            -LMTYAS NES Cartridge CD + $65 Tier
$150-$175   -Cover Songs/Art from the band/Moose's boxers for some reason + $100 Tier
$500-$700   -Instruments/Equipment from the band +$100 Tier
$2000          -Personal show from the band + $100 Tier
$5000          -The band will remove all the hair from their body.

Risks and challenges

If we do not meet our goal, that is not the end of "Let Me Tell You a Story" by any means. It does mean, however, that there will be large delays in the project. Unfortunately, money is our biggest limiting factor at the moment.

A lot of the rewards here are limited to the success of the kickstarter. Without the funds these rewards will be unable to be created. And we really want to make these for you.

Help these guys create this awesome album!  Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I happen to be close friends with the man known as Careless from the band.  I was however a fan before I became a friend, so I honestly back these guys because they are damn talented and fun!

Oh, and Careless did this with me:

Oh and here is their Bandcamp, be sure to check out their tracks there - http://randomencounter.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 pm 
KSK Mastermind

They are in fact an incredible band, especially live... Only thing, shouldnt this be in the Musicana section?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 pm 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

So this happened.