neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Well... 1.2 is out.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

The_Shrike wrote:
Yeah, there's something a touch unstable, I'm looking into it. It has the unfortunate side effect of locking up the linux screen it's running on, but I can fix that when it pops up. Side effect: Weird, very weird, rollbacks (IE, I lost items from a cavern crawl back to the torches I made before starting, but still had all the sticks left... and none of the charcoal that I had made before making the sticks.)

The same happened to me the first time (but not the second time, oddly enough). My location was also rolled back the first time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

OmegaLambda wrote:
The_Shrike wrote:
Yeah, there's something a touch unstable, I'm looking into it. It has the unfortunate side effect of locking up the linux screen it's running on, but I can fix that when it pops up. Side effect: Weird, very weird, rollbacks (IE, I lost items from a cavern crawl back to the torches I made before starting, but still had all the sticks left... and none of the charcoal that I had made before making the sticks.)

The same happened to me the first time (but not the second time, oddly enough). My location was also rolled back the first time.

my test server was up for a little over a month. ran solid without a single crash.

the only crashes i'd experienced were client side and related to crafting bench2.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 am 
Goomba
Goomba

The server was kind of laggy tonight. Not totally sure why. May have had to do with machines running for long periods of time.

Edit: or it might have to do with the inordinate amount of miniblocks one of my unattended machines was spitting out.... Whoops. Sorry Sleepy and anyone else who might have wanted to play tonight. I think it's fixed now and I'm installing an automatic cutoff to prevent this in the future.

Edit Edit: We're good. It shouldn't overflow for at least 9 days now (real-time). And when it does I've set up an overflow cut-off and a pipe to dispose of the excess blocks. I tested it a few times and the cutoff works consistently.

The Omega Corporation expects no further problems arising from our Alpha Facility operations. If you have been inconvenienced in any way, please come to our client lounge and claim your free gift as a token of our apologies. Remember: you can always trust The Omega Corporation.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:37 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

Still laggy and unstable, I'm afraid. Damn you, progress! Damn you, Omega corp! *Shakes fist*

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:32 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i'm trying to shut off the machine, but i'm getting there at about half a frame a second.

edit: fixded. your overflow was the right idea, but the blocks were collecting on top of the chest. i think if you had another two gems it would work without issue. maybe scale back your block breakers until you get another gem?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:43 am 
Goomba
Goomba

So, the server's down and I'm reasonably certain it's not my fault this time. I shut off the cobble generator a couple minutes before it went down. Also, apparently you can't place BC pipes in the nether. Sad day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5