neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Well... 1.2 is out.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:23 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Fallout wrote:
SERVER IS UP

Image ?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:47 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Fallout wrote:
SERVER IS UP

We're making final tweaks to Tekkit.

Did we actually give anyone the IP for it yet?

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:15 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

No, and because it's dead otherwise (no one on but me, and I even went to find the small rubber trees, cacti, mushrooms, and reeds from across the (freakin HUGE) seas....

The server IP is 199.167.134.205

Look for the village. It's reasonably safe, but we aren't going to force you to stay put; just remember that we are on hard, and you will starve to death without food, so you should at least stop by and stock up on wheat seeds and bread. And from personal experience, if you go to sea, you'll be travelling for a while before you reach land. Oh, and we will be putting in a mod to make aggressive mobs much more dangerous in various ways.

Hint: Use 'U' and 'R' in the crafting screen to find out what the item you're clicking is "U"sed in, or has a "R"ecipie. You can also enter the name of what you're looking for in the text bar below, and have the item list get filtered down to something more appropriate.

Also Hint: If you go after rubber (the yellow spots on the small dark trees), use a tree tap on the yellow spots before you take out the tree. Then, please make sure to plant saplings. We need lots of rubber in order to get to the higher-level stuff.

Also Also Hint: When felling the regular trees (Apple, birch, and pine), use an axe on the very bottom wood block... it'll save you a lot of time. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:57 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Image !

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:59 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Yeah, I'll be on more next week after Wednesday (final exam is that day).

Lemme know how everything is going in the mean time, though. :buddy:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I would be on but Diablo III Open Beta. :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I say, old chaps. Spiffing day for a bit of mining, eh? :wotwot: I'll be on the Neskimos server. Feel free to join me in our mining and crafting shenanigans.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am 
Ptooie
Ptooie

We have a nether portal, all the renewable natural resources, and the microblocks are fascinating things. Oh, right. I did make an enchanting table, but I haven't installed it yet...

Trying to figure out these newfangled machineomisms.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

The_Shrike wrote:
We have a nether portal, all the renewable natural resources, and the microblocks are fascinating things. Oh, right. I did make an enchanting table, but I haven't installed it yet...

I got on for a few minutes, realized that I know none of the recipes, and no one else was on, and kind of just wandered off again.

I played a little bit of Evil Minecraft. Fuck, it's a great mod, haha.

I'll try to get on every now and then and check out this one. If anyone else is playing, hit me up on Steam and I'll jump on and join you. I just get lonesome when I'm by myself.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 am 
In-House Sax Machine

Nameless88 wrote:
The_Shrike wrote:

I got on for a few minutes, realized that I know none of the recipes, and no one else was on, and kind of just wandered off again.

I played a little bit of Evil Minecraft. Fuck, it's a great mod, haha.

I'll try to get on every now and then and check out this one. If anyone else is playing, hit me up on Steam and I'll jump on and join you. I just get lonesome when I'm by myself.

Hmm.

I kinda wanna just play Vanilla minecraft. Or maybe things like, the lightweight chest protection mod, or something for building towns, that kinda thing. This seems like a lot of stuff I'm just not interested in :-/

I like exploring caves, heh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:37 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

Vanilla minecraft is still there; if you haven't tried the Tekkit/Technic pack, you might want to. Tekkit adds a lot of stuff, but you aren't compelled to use it; and, right now, I could really use some explorers/miners to feed the industrial complex I'm trying to figure out.

Heck, my place is set over one of the most amazing cavern systems I've ever seen, and the increase in the number of ores, gems, and such means it's rich pickings...!

That is, of course, until you realize just HOW MUCH stuff you need to make those new shiny pieces of technology. The economy is now totally viable; you wanna spend your time spelunking, not farming? Want someone who knows how to set up those tesla coil cannons to help your defenses, but don't want to spend time figuring it out?

For copper, iron, and tin, I'll totally help out. :)

It's sort of weird. In vanilla MC, it was easy to amass huge piles of iron, stone, diamonds, etc. because there wasn't much to use it on. A careful player could stockpile and stockpile and thereby lose all sense of challenge unless they had a project for themselves.
Tekkit makes it so that you have to really work for a longer amount of time and risk a lot more to get the nifty stuff, and even then you're still doing a balancing act with resources, since you can't make the high end stuff without a somewhat reasonable climb up the tech tree, making machines to improve fuel and upgrading them to work faster (at higher power consumption) and to be able to take larger amounts of power without exploding.

This greatly elongates play time, and appeals to me (as an engineer). But, especially with me just starting out, I've made a few (expensive) mistakes... like solar panels... not exactly the best thing for power, and take more effort/resources than a windmill. But now, whenever the sun is shining, I've got a machine extracting rubber so we can make more batteries and power more stuff.

Last night, I shorted a battery storage box. The wires I was using evaporated, just like in real life! So cool. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

Maybe I can give it a shot - do I need to download some kind of alternate launcher or anything?

Here's what I like to do when I play minecraft:
Explore caves
Build infrastructure (railways and rail stations, subways, that sort of thing).

So, as long as I can do these things, i'm happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:14 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

Check out the 'technic' post.

The downloader is there. I was having trouble getting it to run on XP, but it seems to be just fine in Win7.

If it's infrastructure you're looking for... Yeah, this adds that. Boy does it ever!

And if you don't like it, it's totally separate from your Vanilla MC... you can select 1 of 4 options from the launcher.
Tekkit (for Multiplayer)
Technic (for Single Player)
YogsBox (Will never touch because I hate Yogscast)
Vanilla (May use the latest version of MC... not sure, haven't tried it).

What it does is give you some extra stuff (like more blocks and a minimap and new sounds) that the server is configured to work with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

The_Shrike wrote:
YogsBox (Will never touch because I hate Yogscast).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!</annoyingshriek>

EDIT:
Oh wait, I forgot the :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:02 am 
Goomba
Goomba

So what's the plan then? Any more surprise world changes or can we settle in? I explored the new map a bit and found some things:

2 villages in the desert at 200, 800 and -200, 250
Some giant rubber trees at -200, 250
A huge swamp with loads of small rubber trees at -50, -550
Epic volcanos at 250, 200 and -250, 500
A crazy tall oil spout at -150, 50
Spawn is around 200, 50

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:36 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

well. this one goes to me. i didn't realize i was using 'use development build' in my launch options.

this is like being able to toggle between release version and snapshot version in minecraft.
i got super excited and shit my brains right out when i saw a 1.2.5 in the corner.
unfortunately it uses server version 3.0 which is not out yet.

the good news is: they've been keep a world converter going, so when 3.0 hits we probably will be able to carry the world over. but it would be lacking certain features from the newer version. you'd have to generate more map, basically, to fill in the new blocks or whatever(eg:jungle). this will hopefully be able to convert the 128 height maps to 256 height maps. HOPEFULLY. if not we're going to be doing this all over again.

i don't know how big the change was. from what i under stand the map matrix was changed from an 8-bit matrix to a 16-bit matrix. afaik there should be no major problems converting a map in such a way. but how long before/after the 3.0 server launches we will see a converter i can't say.

as far as the forestry mod goes, and any blocks associated with it(being removed in the upcoming version): from what i've seen a null block ID will display as coal ore.

we should be in the green after this reset.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:23 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

I like our map :3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:26 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

If that's the case, should we instead look for more awesome maps now?

Since people tend to spread out, I can only imagine that the new map type will require us to restart again to find any new chunks near to spawn.

The first tekkit world is gone completely... unless fallout can reverse my foolhardy rm -rf.

In the meantime, I have a challenge for us all...

Nuke the enderdragon.

To this end, I have set up a forestry area/farm so that we won't starve. It's near Omega's place (look around for the wind generator tower), or wait for nightfall and look for a large lit area. It's safe, I think, and there's the opening to what is hopefully a large cavern system... I'm also adding space for more farming/people by the lake, since there's a shoreline and an overhanging cliff to keep things from dropping in and not dying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:32 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

And there's a Nether portal near my place too, for those brave or foolhardy enough. Watch your step. I've also got a grid of rubber trees you can tap if you like. Please don't chop them down though. The sap regenerates indefinitely. My place is at 100, -50 And I forgot to mention I found an epic mountain range at 50, 100

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 am 
Goomba
Goomba

What happened? I logged out to resolve some lag and now I can't reach the server. Tried restarting the client. Maybe I'll try restarting my machine. I've been saying no to the update. Should I say yes?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:37 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I updated before I logged in today, Nameless and I couldn't see the server either so it's not just you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:18 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

It seems to be server-side. The linux screen it's running on isn't working, either.

Edit:
It's all fixed now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:00 am 
Goomba
Goomba

So, uh... it happened again. I can't log back in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

:cookieshuh:

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:27 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

Yeah, there's something a touch unstable, I'm looking into it. It has the unfortunate side effect of locking up the linux screen it's running on, but I can fix that when it pops up. Side effect: Weird, very weird, rollbacks (IE, I lost items from a cavern crawl back to the torches I made before starting, but still had all the sticks left... and none of the charcoal that I had made before making the sticks.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next