neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:23 pm 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

I am back, and with me, the RADCUNTS are reborn!

The Resistance Against Deviant Cultist Undertakings Never To Surrender!

On the first Minecraft map in which Fallout decided that he was alligned with the dark God, I was the first victim. He and his cultists attacked my stronghold. Many of you will not know this. Many of you were not here when this happened. But this event was the catalyst for the creation of the RADCUNTS. We are a group of Minecraft idealists who swear to never surrender to the Dark God or his avatar Fallout.

I am putting forward a suggestion that Fallout (although he is an avatar of the dark god) host a server in which we can continue the fun and the story. I'm not claiming any sense of entitlement and many of us who remember, LOVE Fallout for both hosting the server and for providing an interesting story. We are extremely appreciative of the effort he put in. I'd love to see that happen again. I completely understand if Fallout can not give as much time to the story that he did previously, but this is not a bad thing. It gives us time to build up our defences against his minions. When he has the time to attack, we will be ready.

Just my opinion.

Mew. - Leader of the RADCUNTS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:39 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Our great leader returns!!! :awesome:

Whichever map is up, we should make a new castle somewhere. I've got a glorious looking mountain top that I've cleared off in Hyperbolea (sp?). I think Valusia (the "new" map from about a year ago) is down for a bit until we can get it updated.

Also, I'm not sure, but we might not have a server for this game right now. I forget if it's back up or not yet.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

The server isn't back yet; I'd be glad to try getting a story going again, but I'm really quite busy these days.

A new map for a new battle, yes. I think the map we were making for the next story stage will need to be rebuilt (and I'd want to do it anyway since I did the volcano totally wrong and took a lot of time and effort messing it up) with a 1.2 map for the full biome experience.

I've learned a lot about server administration and the tools at our disposal, and now know better than to try making stuff 'perfect' when I have no idea what that is. :P

And bad news, Nameless... Hyperborea is totally gone. Totally. We hadn't backed it up, especially since we put it up just as 1.2's new biome code requiring a newly genned world came along.

... Holy crap. Imagine what you guys for a citadel in a height of 256.... :kefka:

Imagine what we could do, too.... of course, I now know how to make realistic landmasses in minutes, not days. Muahah.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Only issue I have with the new height map? Fallout loves to throw Ghasts at us, and those assholes rise to the top of the world's height constantly.

Unless Jeb fixed that in their coding, I'm not sure. :cookieshmm:

Lemme know when we have a 1.2 map up, I want to just sink my teeth into that.

Plus, making a floating island/castle at near height limit would be bad ass.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 pm 
Ptooie
Ptooie

I'm seeing a defensive crown of dispensers loaded with arrows solving that problem.

also...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_fort

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i'd very much like a 256 map height

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:20 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

Mewshew wrote:
I am back, and with me, the RADCUNTS are reborn!

The Resistance Against Deviant Cultist Undertakings Never To Surrender!

On the first Minecraft map in which Fallout decided that he was alligned with the dark God, I was the first victim. He and his cultists attacked my stronghold. Many of you will not know this. Many of you were not here when this happened. But this event was the catalyst for the creation of the RADCUNTS. We are a group of Minecraft idealists who swear to never surrender to the Dark God or his avatar Fallout.

I am putting forward a suggestion that Fallout (although he is an avatar of the dark god) host a server in which we can continue the fun and the story. I'm not claiming any sense of entitlement and many of us who remember, LOVE Fallout for both hosting the server and for providing an interesting story. We are extremely appreciative of the effort he put in. I'd love to see that happen again. I completely understand if Fallout can not give as much time to the story that he did previously, but this is not a bad thing. It gives us time to build up our defences against his minions. When he has the time to attack, we will be ready.

Just my opinion.

Mew. - Leader of the RADCUNTS

YESSSSS!! <3 <3 <3

New server with 2.0's bukkit release. Promise.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 am 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

I've got to admit I'm very happily suprised by the responses thus far. This really just came about because I was on Steam voice chat with Neon the other night and basically said "Good Sir, dost thou recollect the struggle of the RADCUNTS? That was noble battle." And he agreed. Then I basically said "Fuck it. I'm going back to the forums and reviving the revolution!" At least that's my current recollection of the conversation. It may have been somewhat less eloquent at the time. But a leader must "tweak" facts at times in order to keep up morale. I'm sure you all understand.

Nameless, It's great to see you again noble knight. Shrike, great to see you also, though I seem to have some vague memory of you being a turncoat... I could be wrong. It's been a while. Forgtive me if that's the case.

Fallout, I'm very happy to hear you're on board. :)

Perhaps we should consider what mods we would like? I'm happy to go vanilla, but I've been playing with some intereting mods that might add a little more depth. Just an idea. Obviously we don't want any of the mods that allow players to become overly powerful. We need to give Fallout and Ghasthulu a chance after all. It's the gentlemanly thing to do. And we, as RADCUNTS, must adhere to the morals and standards of honour that (note: I can not spell 'separate' correctly) us from the minions of Ghasthulu. No doubt the promise of infinate power is what lead Fallout down his dark path. Temptation is a struggle, and should the RADCUNTS falter in adhering to our noble idealogogy, we are all surely doomed to fall.

Unless Ghasthulu promises sexy ladies and beer... Then I'm on board........... NO! No. See? See what temptation can do? Be strong my brothers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:56 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i'd like there to be more in house code, but that is pretty dependant on what happens with the sdk. there's not a lot you can do with work around scripting that hasn't already been done. updating with every patch turns a modset into a full time job. easily.

i'd like to see mods not having to be updated every patch. and notch to declare which functions he's fucking with each patch. so if your mod is effected you'll know in advance.

once we see integrated modding support and not this third party bs we'll be playing a whole new game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:14 am 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

S1eepy wrote:
i'd like there to be more in house code, but that is pretty dependant on what happens with the sdk. there's not a lot you can do with work around scripting that hasn't already been done. updating with every patch turns a modset into a full time job. easily.

i'd like to see mods not having to be updated every patch. and notch to declare which functions he's fucking with each patch. so if your mod is effected you'll know in advance.

once we see integrated modding support and not this third party bs we'll be playing a whole new game.

Totally agree. However Notch isn't fucking with any functions these days. Jeb is the Minecraft head programmer. Notch it too busy rolling around in his mountain of cash (and good on him).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:52 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Mewshew wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

Totally agree. However Notch isn't fucking with any functions these days. Jeb is the Minecraft head programmer. Notch it too busy rolling around in his mountain of cash (and good on him).

fine [arbitrary name guy]. doesn't matter who is what is phone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:08 am 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

S1eepy wrote:
fine [arbitrary name guy]. doesn't matter who is what is phone.

I'd like to respond with something intelligent but I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Didn't mean to offend you in any way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:57 am 
Ptooie
Ptooie

Believe me... I can make things very, very, very !!fun!!.

And, given the resourcefulness and speed of the Neskimites/Radcunts, we may need to make things very !!fun!! indeed.

And Sleepy was just putting in a generic [notch/jeb/whoever] thing... not sure where the phone comes into it, though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

who was phone?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:05 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

how i shot web

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 am 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

Oh shit. The RADCUNTS accidently all over this thread.

Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

sounds fun

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house