neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:02 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Hey, probably just my computer/the campus wifi being a turdburglar, but is the server being weird for anyone else, too?

(edit)

Mostly working, but sometimes I have to log in and out a few times to get shit working.

Here's what I was able to accomplish tonight:

Got melon seeds, and set up the farm, so we have every time of crop, and a pretty decent number of each growing at once, in a secure and well lit farm.

Got netherwarts growing in the overworld and a stockpile built up.

Made some healing II potions, and some potions of invisibility (remember to not wear any armor when you take them, or mobs can still see you)

What I want to accomplish next time:

Find a zombie villager, and convert him back into a villager (splash potion of weakness + right click on him with a golden apple, guard for 3 minutes). This is gonna be tricky because I'm gonna have to basically kite one back to a safe spot near our home. If I can do this for two of em, I can start a village by us by making them breed by building housing for em. Maybe that mountain range by our base? The area below the big wooden house thing that Napalm made.

I kinda wanna make a witch spawn in that hut by taking the lights out and pissing it off. Apparently they drop a lot of stuff, but I dunno if the risk is worth it. If that fucker gets out, it's going to cause some serious chaos.

That's about it, really.

Btw, here's what my place looks like now, for anyone who hasn't been around:

Attachment:
2013-03-29_19.09.52.png

Attachment:
2013-03-29_19.11.09.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:44 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Well...I did it. :coookieesssss:

Attachment:
2013-03-31_03.08.49.png

He was still a little feisty, so I had to climb up my house wall with some cobblestone and babysit him while he fought off the Zombie HIV

Attachment:
2013-03-31_03.15.50.png

My two cured zombie villagers, hanging out in my house.

Attachment:
2013-03-31_05.13.52.png

The start of a new village. New life. A better tomorrow. :911::

Also, I made a, uh...it's kinda hard to explain. I basically boxed in the two villagers above the common area, made a special ladder to access them so they don't get loose, and then threw like...50 doors in a room over their head so they fuck like rabbits because they think they're in a big city full of houses to occupy. Right behind me house. It's...interesting.

So: we have villagers now. Trading is a possibility. One of the zombie villagers I cured trades in wheat and raw chicken, so, we're set on that (I switched out the carrot/potato farm plot for more wheat so we can capitalize on that).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:44 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

there is a giant Chicken farm at the entrance to the cave I've been plunging down into for weeks. I mean, those dudes fuck like crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

So, what's going on with the server?

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

Sorry I've been out of commission! Preparing for the big move to Oklahoma and everything ate up most of my time.

Welp, the server changed IP addresses, I've got it up and running again - 209.222.17.27:25572 is the place to be, I've updated the first post with that.

The mumble server should be the same.

Yay!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:53 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Sweet, I played around a little bit. The villager love shack seems to have overflowed. I might need to cull the population by hunting them from a helicopter. :cookieshmm:

Also, I left a present by the tree farm. Good to have the server back, looking forward to playing with you in the future again :buddy:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i've been getting the itch again. though; can i has /op?

i've gotta be honest: there's only so many times i can rebuild a map by hand. and the addition of bats isn't enough of a justification to do it all over again.

otherwise i'm going to end up doing again what i did last time: soloing the enderdragon and building an enderfarm for unlimited exp and mats so i can 'win' the game. then i'll have started my 4th day of play.

i'd much rather be building amusement parks, dungeons, and puzzles.

RCTMC

nameless; want to help me make Dynamite Dunes?

edit: yes; i played for about 10 minutes. def not playing without either creative mode or mods to play with.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:56 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I was playing Walking Dead, but I might hop on for a little bit.

Also, we've got our big base out at 170, 660 (I think? The X of those might be negative)

I'm just currently absent mindedly building infrastructure while I listen to Feast For Crows. I've got some nice stuff going so far.

Also, I sorta built the start of a Villager/Iron Golem Farm, but I don't know how to contain the iron golems...so...they're just kind of all strutting around our island keeping it safe now, I guess? :coookieesssss:

Oh, and if you want, man, give me the word, and I'll collect materials for you to fuck around with. Gives me something to do, you know?

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:01 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Jesus fuck, I am pissed right now. A pigman wearing armor came out of nowhere, attacked me, so i killed it, and then all his bros got mad and attacked me.

I'm now down 2 sets of iron armor, a full set of diamond armor and an enchanted sword (that was honestly enchanted shittily with just Bane of Arthropod IV), 8 iron blocks (I was trying to make golems for back up), and my enchanted bow that had Power IV and Punch II. Oh, and my Fortune II/Unbreaking III diamond axe.

I can't fucking beat these assholes, because they punch me for half my health. Could I just get the items that I lost back? I didn't even hit that original guy, I think he was someone that Bogey pissed off (it was by his portal), and this must've been from months ago.

(edit) Yeah, I fought the good fight, and those assholes are impossible to kill. One of them hit me, when I was at full health, and it killed me.

So, if I get my stuff back from you, I'm going to go on a fucking rambo killing spree and make sure that I murder every last one of those little shits. Or, make a grinder for them or something. One of those cunts are wearing my old armor right now. So much rage. :fuckingsun:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I do not remember pissing off a giant pigman or anything. Possibly could've though? Sorry? We ransack it as a whole group. Find their fortress and destroy them all?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

The only thing I lost that I was pretty miffed about was my Cuntpunt bow. But, I can make a new one, I guess.

Also, there's a pigman in full diamond armor with a bane of arthopod IV sword. So, if you kill him, he's got a pretty nice prize. And another one wearing iron armor, with a blast I protection chest plate.

The Fortune II pickaxe I've already replaced from villagers, too.

I'm serious about murdering all of them, though. Like, make a pigman grinder or something. Or just make a sniper tower and stand up in there and murderlate all of them with a powerful bow. Really, fuck those guys, haha.

And, anything that happened, it must've happened like...months ago, and the pigman's just been wandering around since then. Seriously, it was weird. I saw one wearing armor, and I was like "Huh, that's new...Hey! HEY! Get off me, jerk!" and then I didn't have the intelligence to get the hell out of that area, I poked around other pigmen to see if any of the others were hostile, too, because that guy got all in my business for no reason.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i've got my own project going. expect my server up and running for table top goodness by the end of the month.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:22 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Are the pigmen assholes part of the game now? I kept running into armored pigmen on the last server who would attack me out of nowhere. Once they attack, the rest of the pigmen aggro. It makes the nether nearly impossible to navigate.

Is this part of the game, or an ad-on what I didn't know about? I could actually see Fallout tweaking their programming a little bit so that this would happen as part of the story line, but he was barely ever on the last server, so /shrug.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:27 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

once you make a portal to the nether, if they get out of that and into the overworld somehow...you'll have to deal with those kinds of assholes. Nameless loves his Nether.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Remember that time on the original server when the nether was just a giant lava-y and fire-y cave, before the portals came in? And we blew the fuck out of it with massive amounts of tnt that someone accidentally set off too soon? there were some casualties... and some that managed to jump out of the cave from the explosion, action movie style.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Wasn't that you who set it off? Or was the mountain we obliterated?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:43 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I accidentally set off the mountain we destroyed. I think Nameless set off the Nethercave iirc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:42 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I stood outside the nethercave and watched as you guys blew it up. I think I accidentally the mountain when we were doing that.

Also, I'm currently under bedrock, and I think I might be on fire.

Sooo...Napalm, I know you're at work now, probably, lemme know when you're free whenever so we can both hop on when you're free and hopefully port my ass out of Limbo.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:40 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

LocrianDm wrote:
I could actually see Fallout tweaking their programming a little bit so that this would happen as part of the story line, but he was barely ever on the last server, so /shrug.

afaik he hasn't been on this one. Nape is running this server.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:22 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I think if one person aggros them, and kills them, they grab up all their armor and everything, and then they stay aggro to players until you kill them, and then that causes a whole hoopla over again.

So, it's remnants of someone else pissing one off and dying to it, I think. It's just buggy as shit for multiplayer, I think.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 am 
Goomba
Goomba

Nameless88 wrote:
I stood outside the nethercave and watched as you guys blew it up. I think I accidentally the mountain when we were doing that.

Also, I'm currently under bedrock, and I think I might be on fire.

Sooo...Napalm, I know you're at work now, probably, lemme know when you're free whenever so we can both hop on when you're free and hopefully port my ass out of Limbo.

You dun fucked up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Somehow I logged back in and it was fine again. So, I think it was just serverside lag going crazy or something. I'm okay now :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

The server's acting wonky, I keep spawning in the floor, and when I go to mine stuff it doesn't drop a block, and I can't access chests.

Probably just needs a good reboot or something.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:09 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I found the stronghold. If you follow the southern road out of town, it leads to a village, and just behind it the edge of a jungle. I've marked the entrance to the stronghold there.

I'm going to go exploring it a little bit, but it seems pretty huge. So, if anyone else wants to investigate it, too, be my guest.

I'm also going to set up a small outpost inside one of the abandoned houses in the village, I think. Bed, enderchest, etc. Use it however you like.

Oh, also, the 1.6 update is coming next week. There are going to be some updates to the map and structures, supposedly. Like, new stuff in the Nether Forts and stuff.

Oh, and Horses, did I mention horses? That's going to be awesome. Also, hardened clay. Honestly, this all seems pretty kick ass.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:36 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

Nameless88 wrote:
I found the stronghold. If you follow the southern road out of town, it leads to a village, and just behind it the edge of a jungle. I've marked the entrance to the stronghold there.

I'm going to go exploring it a little bit, but it seems pretty huge. So, if anyone else wants to investigate it, too, be my guest.

I'm also going to set up a small outpost inside one of the abandoned houses in the village, I think. Bed, enderchest, etc. Use it however you like.

Oh, also, the 1.6 update is coming next week. There are going to be some updates to the map and structures, supposedly. Like, new stuff in the Nether Forts and stuff.

Oh, and Horses, did I mention horses? That's going to be awesome. Also, hardened clay. Honestly, this all seems pretty kick ass.

I was thinking about resetting the map for 1.6 - thoughts?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next