neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:24 pm 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Been playing through a fan translation of Shin Megami Tensei 1 and enjoying it immensely. A bit dated, but still super cool, in some ways moreso than the more recent games.

Also been playing Gunvolt Azure Striker on 3DS, which is a spiritual successor to Mega Man X I think. It's really fun, although not QUITE X 1-3 level good.

That's the one for SNES right?

Gunvolt was made by the same dudes who made the Mega Man Zero series, so I put it more akin to those than X.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:10 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Rocket League and Destiny.

Rocket League is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Also, this terrible injustice happened to me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Destiny

Actually, it has basically been Destiny for the last year. The first year the game had flaws, many. The mechanics within the actually gameplay were very, very solid. Playing control with a full fire team of 6 was always enjoyable. Raiding was great. With the release of the Taken King, as many have probably read around gaming sites, the game is showing the potential it truly has going forward the next 9 years. I cannot wait to see what is coming.

Warlock master race, but damn if that Nightstalker Hunter isn't pulling at my heart strings. I fucking hated the Hunter in year one. This one, though, has me by the balls.

Rockband comes out in 2 weeks. Super-duper pumped for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:11 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Been playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC.
Plan on playing Final Fantasy Explorers next week.

edit: Double post!
... Though does it count if it's a month difference?

Played Black Desert Online this weekend for the final Closed Beta.
Release is next Thursday, March 3rd.unless you preorder the $50 edition. $30 otherwise.

Enjoyed it, but I can definitely see it not being for everyone.

No.

-BH.

Stop it, Tyler.

-blame.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:43 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Stardew Valley [PC]

You want a Harvest Moon-like game on PC that's good? MOTHERFUCKIN' STARDEW VALLEY!

IT'S WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Seriously though, put about 13 hours into it and don't regret the $15 I paid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:48 am 
He who has seen beyond the veil

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Every several months I make another attempt at getting into Fire Emblem and give up shortly after because my refusal to accept anything other than a perfect completion of each chapter gets tiring as fuck super quickly. Usually it's Shadow Dragon, but I feel like Sacred Stones is sticking now. Still going OCD perfectionist with it but at least I'm making progress in spite of myself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:08 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Got the Deadpool game for about $15 a few weeks ago. It's okay. That is about the price you should play it at if there is any interest on your part.

The Division comes out tomorrow, I got the gold bundle for $50 launch day w/ $10 back so I'm taking the dive into that. Hopefully, the game can go for a bit. Other than that, Destiny's FPS mechanics are still so damn solid. I use it to just play a game while listening to some podcasts/audiobooks.

Worth a double (triple?) post:

Got a new S7 edge (it's nice, bloatware is eh). Began using the VR Gear today....and most of the assumptions I had about VR games kind of slowly went out the window. I really, really want a Vive or Oculus now. I want something powerful that can take this thing deeper. There was this Jurassic Park video demo that was super simple and short, but it scared the hell out of me. I have fallen a bit for this whole VR thing, now.

Edited.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:28 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

60 hours into Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, it's so good. I have this one person from Czech Republic who visits my castle every day and gives me accessories, so I return the favour and that's how I discovered the Bond Units feature. Visit someone enough and trade accessories and you make babies together basically. I have 3 kids with this lady and I make them fight to defend my castle.

I also got a demo code for the new Monster Hunter, holy shit. The new Hunter Styles and Hunter Arts make you feel like such a badarse. And for once the action in the trailer more closely represented the action in game. I am favouring the Adept style because it looks so cool, you time your dodges perfectly and kind of twirl through the air into a dash and can follow up into an attack.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:46 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Neon Jackal wrote:
I also got a demo code for the new Monster Hunter, holy shit. The new Hunter Styles and Hunter Arts make you feel like such a badarse. And for once the action in the trailer more closely represented the action in game. I am favouring the Adept style because it looks so cool, you time your dodges perfectly and kind of twirl through the air into a dash and can follow up into an attack.

I've never played a Monster Hunter but I'm thinking of this new one. My biggest fear is this'll become an obsession and I won't play any other games but the idea of making weapons and hunting dinosaurs sounds like an amazing game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:29 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Who needs other games when you have Monster Hunter? Besides, Zelda is still ages away.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:44 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I suppose I could use a good "Play for weeks, put down for weeks, come back to for weeks" game. Especially now that Infinity is gone...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:20 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I've been playing the crap out of Bravely Default. Kinda digging the job system. The story is a little generic, and the main characters are sorta annoying...but I'm enjoying the mechanics. I've been wanting to play a good old fashion punch stuff and grind levels style JRPG for awhile.

Rocket League has a new update tomorrow, so I'm probably gonna get in on that, too.

Also, I bought Hotline Miami 2 on a sale, and I've been playing that. But, man, I am terrible at it, haha

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:48 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Snifit wrote:
I suppose I could use a good "Play for weeks, put down for weeks, come back to for weeks" game. Especially now that Infinity is gone...

I've found I play it in spurts like that. And I find it's not too much of an issue if you take a break and come back but your friends kept playing, because often they won't mind going through the earlier stuff with you. When I do that I just try out a different weapon or something.
Also, I feel like every new entry seems to be more and more friendly for newer players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:48 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Stardew Valley, The Witness, Destiny (RISE OF IRON HYPE!), and Overwatch all up on my consoles and PC.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:19 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Watched Guyver and it got me back into Warframe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Stood in line for a few hours at Best Buy and got an NES Classic for $8 with a bonus controller. It's super, duper nice. Got myself the one actual present I wanted for Christmas. Time to get with my Dad and play some Double Dragon II: The Revenge like we did when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:50 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

With Black Friday and such come and gone, I've added some games to my collection to play:

Titanfall 2 (Single player campaign was really enjoyable. The multiplayer I'm not feeling as much as I did Titanfall)
Red Dead Redemption (never played it before and for $10 I figured it'd be a good barometer to judge how a sequel would go)
Ratchet and Clank ($10 super excited to play the ps4 game)
Forza Horizon 3 (It's very beautiful and fun to race)
Re-Core (Metroid Prime guys and the game is $10 on sale? Sure)
That Dragon, Cancer (I just want to feel really, really sad)

Then I picked up the Jackbox Party Pack 3, Overcooked, and Genital Jousting for a future game night with buddies. Now all I need is Civ VI and I can waste the next year of entertainment on all of these games and Destiny 2.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:55 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Red Dead Redemption is by far the best game Rockstar have made.
My top 3 of their games being RDR, The Warriors and Bully.
GTA can suck my dick.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:44 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I've been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 3. It's a ridiculously great racing game. There is enough sim-racing for my sim-heavy friend, and enough wild off-roading fun for someone like me (Mario Kart and Burnout are my racing games). We can both play regardless of if we're next to our PC or Xbox, and we can play with our other buddy who just has the xbox copy. Play Anywhere is fantastic so far.

I raced a train once. It was pretty sweet. I'm driving a Tesla with a Pikachu paint job that just looks siiiiiiick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463