neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:16 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

<3 hammerwatch. it reminds me of The Chaos Engine, but so much better. have you ever tried non-local multiplayer with an 'obtained' copy?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:24 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I've played with people on steam with my gog version, assuming that's extremely similar.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:28 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
I've played with people on steam with my gog version, assuming that's extremely similar.

i bet so also. goood. guuuud...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor [PC]

Because I like killing Orcs and Uruks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:01 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Haven't played online yet, just been hooking up controllers to my friend's laptop and doing it on there. It's been damn fun locally, though.

I've got a list of games that I'm so going to grab when the winter sale comes around. Nidhog, Hammerwatch, and Walking Dead Season 2. Oh, and if I can't get it sooner, Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:53 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Quick SSB4 thoughts.

Palutena takes a while to get used to and her default specials are terrible. Customization is her friend.
Rosalina is fun and challenging to use but man is she floaty. Way too easy to get knocked around.
Little Mac should never be in the air. Ever.
Bowser Jr. is a whole mess of fun to use.
Wii Fit Trainer is actually a really solid and enjoyable fighter.
Mii Fighters are really great.
The New Mute City is one fucking AMAZING stage.
Find Mii is fun to fight on. The Dark Emperor can affect things but not too much. Except when it takes away one of the platforms. That's a bit much.
Unlocking characters seems to go a lot quicker this time around and Classic mode feels way too short.
Master Core's Sword form can eat a bag of dicks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:10 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
Little Mac should never be in the air. Ever.

One thing I've learned is that you're often better off doing his left/right+B high in the air rather than even fucking around with that Up+B move. Little Mac is strong...but the second he gets hit in the air he is fuuuuuucked. It's a pretty fair balance. Killer on the ground, air and he is toast. Just get him tossed into the air as fast as possible.

Keep playing as all these different guys, and I keep going back to Pacman. I don't know why, but man he is goooooooooood.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:01 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

fallout new vegas. is it just me or did this team have a better sense of humour?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
fallout new vegas. is it just me or did this team have a better sense of humour?

Bethesda isn't exactly known for their wit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So I'm really happy Dr. Mario is back. I know he is just, basically, a palette swap, but I like Mario having the spinning tornado Down+B instead of FLUDD. The sound effects also make me smile more. Wario seems more stable this time around and a guy who can do some more damage than I remember in Melee.

As of now: Pacman, Dr. Mario, Wario, Luigi is the order of guys I'm using the most. Very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:15 am 

I'm trying really hard to get better with Rosalina. I'm doing ok with the Luma aspect but she's just so damn floaty and light. Really want to use her though. I'm finding myself gravitating towards Dark Pit and Little Mac. Mac is just fun as hell to use, even if his air game is atrocious. I haven't been using Pit as much but Dark Pit seems pretty fun. His slower attacks are harder to get used to but I'll definitely stay with either him or Pit. I just unlocked R.O.B. and man is he better than last game. Definitely enjoy him and his Virtual Boy red color swap.
I'd say for me its Rosalina, Dark Pit/Pit, Mac, R.O.B., Bowser Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I just got Dark Pit...knowing ROB is coming has me excited. Everyone seems to be gushing over Bowser Jr. I really want to see what he is all about.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:41 am 

Bowser Jr. is the Tron Bonne of Smash. Plus he has every Koopaling as an alternate. I usually roll as Wendy or Roy.

And disregard everything I said about main characters to use. I've completely changed my mind. Wii Fit Trainer all day, e'ery day. (not really but she's fun to use)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:47 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Got Smash today, Mii Fighter is cool.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:24 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

does somebody have a remote mine?

please oh please say yes.

i won't lie: not having snake on the roster again took a lot of the wind out of my sails towards purchasing this game. he was very unique when stacked up against the other fighters. you have the B-spammers, the grabbers, airborne characters, and the smash/tilters; snake didn't really fit into any of those boxes. he could be very aggressive, but to play him well there was always this very indirect aspect to his play. you had to sneak things in; to be aware that not every player is seeing everything that is happening. and while you can say the same may be true for anyone trying to gank in a 4 player match: it was standard for snake in 1v1 matches. that sort of preparation and planning is something that's almost entirely absent from any other fighter they've ever had on a roster.

olimar maybe gets a nod here, but in his heart of hearts: that character is a grabber/sub-airborne. if you haven't played him that way: OMFG, for cereals, take a look at that extreme grab range. it's got more reach than 80% of the frontal A attacks.

i dunno. i'm sure i'll get it eventually. it's just not very high up there because i feel like th last entry gave me a rather large cookie which this entry isn't going to deliver on again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:30 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

playing a lot of new vegas. i just finished all of the companion quests. I've been putting off the final moment where the legion will hate me forever for as long as possible. Tomorrow I shall kill caesar then pretend to be all buddy buddy with the NCR for a while. Mr House is long gone.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Played Space Engineers on the weekend(free weekend) and thoujght it was fun. Only played around with creative mode and made a bunch of dumb spaceships, that was a lot of fun though.
Also playing a bunch of Smash Bros, unlocked a bunch of bros and played a little of everyone so far. Returning characters feel good and the changes are mostly for the best. Haven't made up my mind completely on the new characters but I do love the Mii brawler. I don't know what it is but the only characters I can't stand are Pit(and Dark Pit as well obviously, seriously though, Dark Pit? What a joke) and Palutena, I think the Kid Icarus series must have threw rocks at me when I was a kid or something. When I got the "Challenger Approaching" for Dark Pit I almost failed it on purpose so I wouldn't unlock him, then I realised that he'd show up after every fight and that would be more of a punishment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:50 pm 

I first played Smash Run and didn't care for ti at all. Rarely touched it. Now I find myself going to that mode A LOT. Something about fine tuning and tweaking my character and running through the big maze makes me happy. I'm really loving this mode.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:37 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
I first played Smash Run and didn't care for ti at all. Rarely touched it. Now I find myself going to that mode A LOT. Something about fine tuning and tweaking my character and running through the big maze makes me happy. I'm really loving this mode.

the board game version in the Wii-U version looks super fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:48 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Binding of Isaac Rebirth is fucking gooooood.

If anyone wants some good seeds, I've been posting a shit ton to my Steam profile.

I just got out of a Ludovico Technique + Technology run. I was nigh unstoppable. Felt good, man.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:09 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

A friend bought the first one for me a while back, I didn't get it at all, 10 minutes of it was more than enough for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:23 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

It's interesting. It's basically if you took the dungeons from the game Zelda, added a bit of Smash TV in there, and then turned it into a Rogue Like with procedurally generated floors.

And each time you go a little deeper, and unlock more content for the future runs.

Half of the fun is seeing what combinations work, and getting further than before.

The only way it could be any more awesome was if there was an endless mode that increased in difficultly along with your level.

There's an endless mode right now, but after about 10 floors, you just get so insanely overpowered that you steamroll everything in your path. (It's the seed BASE MENT, for anyone curious).

Rebirth took everything that was great about the first game and improved on it, and then added some more depth to it, too. Like, giving an alternative path to take, and adding a lot more synergies between the items so that weird combos work.

And it's great because for every insanely over powered run you get where you steamroll everything before you, you have about 10 runs where you get your ass kicked, or you just kinda limp to the finish line and die on the end boss. So, becoming overpowered, you're just like "Ha ha! I'm comin for ya, bitch! t('-'t)" and it feels amazing, like a validation for all the shit the game put you through that day.

I think my favorite new feature is Eden. He starts with completely random stats and starting items, and it's just really fun to have that option and to try to make it work with him. Most of the time, you can do it, and sometimes you get a really great combo to start...but then other times, you get terrible starting items, and you just gotta kinda try to work with what you've got.

I'd argue that it's worth checking out, and giving a fair play on. It's a lot of fun, and Rebirth is just an entirely new level of depth that the original tried to have, but the limitations of Flash didn't really allow for.

Sorry for the wall of text, btw. I really like this game, if you can't tell, haha :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:46 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Finally got Smash for Wii U, bunch of people at the store this morning, only 3 copies with the GC adapter, I can get the adapter later. Amiibos went quick too, grabbed a Link one mostly for Hyrule Warriors(which I'm still playing a bunch of), waiting for Bowser and Ganondorf ones.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:50 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Just beat Monument Valley and Device 6 on iOS. Excellent puzzle games.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:24 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Been playing through a fan translation of Shin Megami Tensei 1 and enjoying it immensely. A bit dated, but still super cool, in some ways moreso than the more recent games.

Also been playing Gunvolt Azure Striker on 3DS, which is a spiritual successor to Mega Man X I think. It's really fun, although not QUITE X 1-3 level good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463  Next