neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:28 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

If you have a 3DS get Riskey's Revenge. It's a MUCH better game. The original was a bit archaic and has only gotten worse. Risky's Revenge fixes about 99% of the problems. So excited for Pirate's Curse and now 1/2 Genie Hero.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:12 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Hmm, I thought about downloading RR as well. My girlfriend is trying to branch out from her comfort zone and she liked the style of the Shantae KS's art, so I was like let's get the first game on Virtual Console. She was like, fuck this shit is hard. So maybe we'll try RR.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Fuck GTA, Sleeping Dogs is getting a sequel :D

http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/2013/10/news-from-ufg/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
Fuck GTA, Sleeping Dogs is getting a sequel :D

http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/2013/10/news-from-ufg/

Well shit, that's unexpected.
Last I heard Sleeping Dogs didn't do so well in sales and a followup was questionable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:06 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

not sure where to put this, but a bunch of video game writers and such are doing something unique on Kickstarter. They're kickstarting a new video game magazine called "Retro". It's all about the NES-N64 game era as well as games that are coming out now that are call-backs to that era. Reviews, interviews, previews of games in those veins, etc. It seems interesting and I figure 1-2 people here might want to check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soc ... z?ref=live

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:10 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

>Unique

>Retro game coverage

hahahaha

seriously tho it does look p cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheBatman wrote:
>Unique

>Retro game coverage

hahahaha

I just used it as "hey kick start a video game magazine" is a unique idea as that entire industry seems to be slowly slipping to video reviews and previews. At the least, you figure print media for it is almost completely dead. Risky venture that seems pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:39 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Bogey wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
>Unique

>Retro game coverage

hahahaha

I just used it as "hey kick start a video game magazine" is a unique idea as that entire industry seems to be slowly slipping to video reviews and previews. At the least, you figure print media for it is almost completely dead. Risky venture that seems pretty sweet.

yeah, it'll definitely be interesting to see if it can survive once the kickstarter money runs out

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:53 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm personally taking a risk by pledging at the 6 print issue pledge. I miss coming home and having an EGM and Nintendo Power waiting for me so I could see what came out and what was coming.

It's one of the main things I miss with the internet just having all the news as it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:46 am 

That's why I subscribed to Nintendo Force (now NF for legal reasons)
http://www.nfmagazine.com/

Its a spiritual successor to Nintendo Power and pretty cool. I like print media.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:54 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Blackthorne, the first game to bear the "Blizzard" logo, is now free on Battle.net. It's a 16-bit 2D plattformer in the tradition of Flashback, Heart of Darkness, Oddworld, Prince of Persia or Another World. A "realistic platformer" if you like. Artwork's great: Just like Lost Vikings and Rock'n'Roll Racing you can see the emergence of the typical Blizzard style. It's an overlooked gem so give it a try if you haven't already and if you like the above mentioned games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:23 pm 
The so-called robot with admin powers

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Blackthorne, the first game to bear the "Blizzard" logo, is now free on Battle.net. It's a 16-bit 2D plattformer in the tradition of Flashback, Heart of Darkness, Oddworld, Prince of Persia or Another World. A "realistic platformer" if you like. Artwork's great: Just like Lost Vikings and Rock'n'Roll Racing you can see the emergence of the typical Blizzard style. It's an overlooked gem so give it a try if you haven't already and if you like the above mentioned games.

I always loved blackthorne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:59 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

BlackHeart wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

+1

it's the most genuine game Blizzard has ever made. aside from maybe lost vikings. everything else has been just shy of being polished plagiarism. especially starcraft.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:41 am 

S1eepy wrote:
BlackHeart wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

+1

it's the most genuine game Blizzard has ever made. aside from maybe lost vikings. everything else has been just shy of being polished plagiarism. especially starcraft.

I'd say, only Lost Vikings is very genuine. R'n'R Racing was a SciFi Metal cover version of RC Pro AM and Blackthorne is very inspired by Flashback.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:36 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
BlackHeart wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

+1

I'd say, only Lost Vikings is very genuine. R'n'R Racing was a SciFi Metal cover version of RC Pro AM and Blackthorne is very inspired by Flashback.

i can see similarities in the movement, but i've never played flashback. only caught snippets of it on youtube. though i think there's a remake of it going on somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:40 am 

S1eepy wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
BlackHeart wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

+1

i can see similarities in the movement, but i've never played flashback. only caught snippets of it on youtube. though i think there's a remake of it going on somewhere.

Oh god, keep your hands off that dreadful remake. If you want to play Flashback, go with the SNES version, that's the best one. Blackthorn is pretty much the same game from a gameplay perspective. Just a little bit streamlined. Though Flashback has arguably the better story. Basically, it's a SciFi riff on Carpenter's "They Live!", complete with sunglasses uncovering the hidden aliens. No 10 Minute beatdown though, sadly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 am 

S1eepy wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
BlackHeart wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

+1

Oh god, keep your hands off that dreadful remake. If you want to play Flashback, go with the SNES version, that's the best one. Blackthorn is pretty much the same game from a gameplay perspective. Just a little bit streamlined. Though Flashback has arguably the better story. Basically, it's a SciFi riff on Carpenter's "They Live!", complete with sunglasses uncovering the hidden aliens. No 10 Minute beatdown though, sadly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:05 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
BlackHeart wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

+1

I've heard the Genesis and Sega CD versions are considered the best. The SNES one has some some content removed due to Nintendo's family-friendly policies at the time. I keep meaning to play it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

As far as I remember, the SNES version looked and sounded better. Probably some comparison videos on youtube if you care enough to look.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:03 am 

Neon Jackal wrote:
As far as I remember, the SNES version looked and sounded better. Probably some comparison videos on youtube if you care enough to look.

I think graphically, there's not much of a difference. I don't know about content. But the music and sound effects were leagues better on the SNES.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:12 am 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

I wrote another article

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:35 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Double post for Nintendo Direct. Not a whole lot to talk about. Miiverse on 3DS.

Oh, and Rosalina is a playable character in Super Mario 3D World. *cue Snifit freakout*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:51 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

He did it on Twitter the second it was announced.

Also, those 10 unknown things looked really awesome. 3DS has good stuff too. I just didn't realize Mario Party, Zelda, and Mario 3D World all came out on Nov 22. What the hell do they expect regular people to do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:12 pm 

I'm excited. Sue me.

In any case 3D World looks great. If you had told me at E3 it'd be my most anticipated game I'd have laughed. It looks really fun.

Fun thing I noticed during the Zelda video, it seems like Ganon is back. I'm pleased about this. Gannodorf is fine and all, but seeing blue pig Ganon return is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:50 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Wait, there's a new Zelda on the 22nd? I havent heard a thing about that. Or is that Link Between Worlds? For some reason I thought that already came out.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next