neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:46 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah, i was thinking of farmin up some bagi claws to gem my blos set too. I know the Agna set is mostly for lancers, but i just really suck with the lance in this one. The timing of the attacks is subtly different than it was from 1 though MHFU, and unfortunately ive had a LOT of lance time to un-train if i ever want to get used to using one in Tri. As far as blocking i got pretty darn proficient at draw blocks (R1, x and a all at once) in tri. They were a lot more useful in the PS2 version because the r2 button was just block, but the CCP doesnt recognize it as such.

What i NEED to do is finish my Uragaan GS for that sweet sweet 1000+ attack power for use with crit draw.

The hammer set i use is either just the Lagi for element up if i'm using an element hammer, or a mix of lagi and Bnabra for status up when i use paralykeet.

IDH the blos sword quite yet, though it is my next upgrade from the jawbone, i think i just need the ridges or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:02 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

You have the majestic horn? Because those are a bitch to get.

Element/status hammer has never seemed very appealing to me...I tend to prefer just as high of a raw as possible. Hammer already does stun damage as a function of its raw, which is honestly better than most status since you're not sacrificing one for the other.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:33 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
You have the majestic horn? Because those are a bitch to get.

Element/status hammer has never seemed very appealing to me...I tend to prefer just as high of a raw as possible. Hammer already does stun damage as a function of its raw, which is honestly better than most status since you're not sacrificing one for the other.

High raw is great for hammers, but the KO damange only really matters when you focus solely on the head, which gets tougher the more people you have on a hunt. However with a spin attack you can get a LOT of status off, usually enough to get the first paralyze/stun/sleep in a single spin at normal HR, and maybe a spin and 1 or 2 hits at high HR. And considering a paralyzed monster takes double damage, on a team the "dps increase" (to use an MMO term) from EVERYONE doing double damage, even if for a short while, outweighs an extra small amount per hit, usually by a lot if you have GS and lancers getting off several powerful hits in that time frame.

I think ill hop on now for a little while and maybe work on some weapons. If you feel like joining me we can take another couple stabs at it as long as my cash and mats hold out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:00 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I just made a Monster Hunter circle for google+ If youre on it give me a holler and ill add you to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:04 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

GOD! FINALLY! it only took 2 endgame dudes with Jhen GS to come help us get my fucking urgent done. Obviously the first thing we needed to do after overcoming a massively tough challenge, is do HARDER ONES!

First quest as a high rank? Agnator+ FUCK YEAH! Second? CAP A LAGI+ BOOYAH! Those things also shit an almost full box of rewards.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Necrosaro wrote:
GOD! FINALLY! it only took 2 endgame dudes with Jhen GS to come help us get my fucking urgent done. Obviously the first thing we needed to do after overcoming a massively tough challenge, is do HARDER ONES!

First quest as a high rank? Agnator+ FUCK YEAH! Second? CAP A LAGI+ BOOYAH! Those things also shit an almost full box of rewards.

Lagi + was surprisingly easy. I just used para lance (lance is awesome underwater) and had everyone else beat the shit out of it, got like, 4 paras off, repeated that a bunch to overforge my full Lagi set. Shit is so cash.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:10 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Nice, i used my Babel and Agna set and just went right on in to all his giant AoE spam. Unfortunately i sucked it up more than i normally do on Lagi since he stayed in that smmmaallll area the entire time. I was fighting with my camera trying to just gauge my distance from him about as much as i was actually fighting HIM.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:44 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Ever since I hit High Rank I have been flooded by low rank guys joining my city and demanding help, I never asked anyone higher rank than me to help, I figured if they wanted to help, they'd come to me. So now I think I'm turning into a high rank dick, at least only to these guys. If they won't leave me alone I'll join their quest, take all the guild supplies, use any chance to uppercut them with my SA(preferably off a cliff) and sit back watching them get their arses kicked by the Monster.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Just from being into MMORPGs for awhile, I can say that some people in games are fucking stupid.

If they don't leave you alone, be a dick, join the quest, and sit back and let them get their asses kicked, yeah. It'll teach em to stop pestering you. :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:39 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I'm surprised by some people, one guy(about a rank or two lower than me) was about to join my quest when I decided to check his skills, he had one, auto-guard and he was using a long-sword... So realising that this guy might be an idiot I left without him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:55 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
I'm surprised by some people, one guy(about a rank or two lower than me) was about to join my quest when I decided to check his skills, he had one, auto-guard and he was using a long-sword... So realising that this guy might be an idiot I left without him.

Full Rathian+Guan Dao is the one that kills me. Two useless skills and the worst tech tree of any weapon...nice work. It's SO FUCKING COMMON, too. I don't know if people think it looks cool or what, but I've seriously gone into rooms with three longsword users ALL with that set. And of course all tripping everybody else because they do nothing but spirit combo.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I hate how careless people are with attacking just swinging wildly hoping for a hit, like you pointed out, LS users and spamming the spirit combo is the worst.
I use a Switch-Axe and I have a lot of range in both modes, but I know my weapon well enough to attack without hitting my god damn team mates mid-combo/charge. My buddy uses Great Sword and whenever we play with randoms he gets knocked flying mid-charge by some losers carelessness. We had one guy with a long sword hitting me during Jhen once while we were attacking it's spines, I got fed up enough to turn around and uppercut him off of Jhen's back and into the sand, anytimew he got near me after that and I uppercut him off the boat.

How about something nice? I beat a Ceadeus and it was easy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:00 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

My rank 4 Urgent is sucks. High rank Rathian and Rathalos.
Our first attempt was terrible but we had been playing for 6 hours and I was pretty exhausted, second attempt the next day? Killed the Rathian pretty quick but ran out of time to kill the Rathalos, in the last 5 minutes it would land, we'd maybe get an attack in before it moved to a different area which really sucked. At first we had trouble fighting them in the same area but it turns out the Rathian really doesn't like dung bombs so separating them wasn't really a problem.
Now I'm primarily a Switch-Axe user, but I've been playing around with Swords and Shields, got a Blood Tabar and Almighty Dahaka, they both do alright damage(For SnS anyway) and they both do a bunch of status damage (poison and paralyse respectively). I was using the Dahaka with a friend online to take down a HR Rathian and I think I only needed to heal once.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Poison is pretty worthless, but yeah, Dhaka's not bad. I personally have never had much luck SnSing the Raths, I find it's hard to hit high enough to reach them most of the time.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

It's pretty useless against the Rathalos but the Rathian is on the ground a lot so I can get in, make a few quick strikes then bail before it get's an attack in on me.
I thought poison might speed things up a little since it always fucks me up when I have no antidotes, but I do prefer paralysing shit instead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
It's pretty useless against the Rathalos but the Rathian is on the ground a lot so I can get in, make a few quick strikes then bail before it get's an attack in on me.
I thought poison might speed things up a little since it always fucks me up when I have no antidotes, but I do prefer paralysing shit instead.

they're weak against dragon type weapons. i found the undertaker very useful on them. wait until they're about to land and throw a good charge at 'em. then take off before they can counter. every other charge, provided you're landing good hits, should at least be a knock down.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:14 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

S1eepy wrote:
Neon Jackal wrote:

they're weak against dragon type weapons. i found the undertaker very useful on them. wait until they're about to land and throw a good charge at 'em. then take off before they can counter. every other charge, provided you're landing good hits, should at least be a knock down.

Only Dragon weapon I have at the moment is my Switch-Axe Tough Break(R), that's what I used when we fought them both. Our only trouble was getting them to stand still long enough for us to hit them :lol:
It was only the two of us, I'm sure once we have third party member we'll be good. The 3 of us seem to work pretty well together.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Lance charging is awful for anything except inflicting status quickly. The damage output even on a high-element lance is incredibly low, it drains sharpness ridiculously fast, knocks over teammates, etc. Only use I've found for it is paralyzing stuff a whole bunch...the Gobul lance is how I beat high rank Lagi, I must've paralyzed him four or five times in the one hunt...my teammates were fucking amazed.

Oh, and it's good for moving in quickly as long as you don't run anyone over. But for actual damage, the standard combo is ALWAYS better.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:44 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Hopping on to reduce the general wyvern population a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm definitely down for hunting some monsters some time during this 3 day weekend. What are y'all folks up to?

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Killin some monsters sounds damn fine right about now. I really need to finish a few weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:14 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... d_options/

GOD, this needs to hurry the fuck up and make it over here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:09 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Whoa what?! Fuck portable 3rd, I want this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Monster hunter does NOT need platforming. Though maps that arent just flatish arenas would be a welcome change. I like the rolling hills and ledges, but that jumping/climbing stuff can fuck off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next