neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:08 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

this seems like an appropriate thread for this forum.

for: what have you been playing, ones that piss you off, war stories, ect

played Lionheart earlier tonight. fantastic game for those who enjoy chess. gives you a surprising amount of setup variance, and offers a staggering amount of play options for such a simple game rules wise. how unit facing plays into the game is brilliant.

you can get it for $10-20 on ebay. amazon wants $90. or just construct your own.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1150/lionheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:16 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

Board games are okay

Zombies is kinda fun

I don't really like long strategy type games; I get bored

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:23 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'll be playing a game of Arkham Horror over Thanksgiving break.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:39 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheBatman wrote:
Board games are okay

Zombies is kinda fun

I don't really like long strategy type games; I get bored

i'm a big fan of how they handle the map in zombies.
you might actually like the doom board game if zombies is a type of game that gets you.
i was expecting it to be crap. its a 1-4 vs 1 type of game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:00 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I've had a lot of fun playing Khet before. aka Laser Chess by my friends and I

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:02 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I own the Doom boardgame but have never once played it.

Catan is always pull-outable. I actually have a new group of people from work who like to hang out and play all types of games. We've done Risk, Cthulhu Dice, Zombie Dice, and Killer Bunnies recently. I'm bringing Munchkin, Catan, Talisman (amazing game), and probably Are you a Werewolf sometime soon.

-0-0-0

I've always been crazy interested to try Bloodbowl.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:15 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

My board game collection:

The classics:
Simpsons Clue
Risk
Monopoly

The nerdy/obscure:
Bang! Bullet edition (complete with Fistful of Cards and High Noon expansions)
Munchkin
Loaded Questions
Cranium
Munchkin Cthulhu
Are You A Werewolf (this version called Lupus in Tabula [kinda gay, but the cards are legit, lolol])
Chrononauts: Early American Edition

My brother owns Ticket to Ride Europe and Catan.

I love me some boardgaming. I kinda want to get more, but no one ever wants to play, it's easier to just spend money on video games or something.

I absolutely love Munchkin, though. Especially the Cthulhu version. The dungeons in the latest expansion are a fucking beast.

Also, other games that I don't own but have had the pleasure of playing:
Descent
Arkham Horror
Munchkin Quest
Twilight Emperium

For those of you who've never played Twilight Emperium, it's like Risk, but in Space and with D&D rules/economies/Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri-like tech trees and shit.

Oh, and I'm proud to say, I have actually beat a game of Arkham Horror. We beat Yig-something-or-other. I was a spunky scientist chick, and I beat that fucker down with an elephant gun. Feels good, man. We got our shit ruined by Cthulhu, though. Fuckin dick.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

s an elephant gun.... a gun.... that shoots out elephants?

:herpderp:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:45 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

illblamesum1else wrote:
s an elephant gun.... a gun.... that shoots out elephants?

:herpderp:

:psyduck:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I don't play many boardgames since its just the lady and I most nights.

My collection is mostly classics like Scrabble and Nintendo Monopoly. I do have a thing for chess sets. I've got like three, a Transformers one, a plain one, and a Lord of the Rings one somewhere. I also wanna buy the Mario chess set.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
I also wanna buy the Mario chess set.

+1

=-=-=-=-

I'm totally gonna pick up a game today. Either Gamma World, Munchkin (Cthulhu or Super...maybe Good Bad and the Munchkin) and the Red booster of Killer Bunnies, or some other game.

Any suggestions? I was maybe gonna lean towards talisman or Catan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Snifit wrote:

Translation: Instead of boardgames, we fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

2 other nice cheap games (both can be picked up for $15 total) Zombie Dice and Cthulhu Dice.

Zombie Dice includes 13 dice. Green (easy), yellow (medium), red (hard) dice. 3 red, 4 yellow, 6 green. Dice have 3 symbols on them: Shotgun blast, footsteps, brains. Your goal is to score points by getting brains. footsteps are people who ran away, shotgun is you get shot. Turn ends when either you roll 3 shotguns, and get no points, or choose to end your turn. You gain points equal to how many brains you've gotten. When a player hits 13 their turn is over and the round finishes. Highest score wins.

You put dice into cup pull out 3 random without looking. Separate shotguns, brains, and runners. Pull out 3 more dice, rinse, repeat. Run out of dice put back in all the runners. Quick fun game that can be played by anyone and a big group.

Cthulhu Dice is just a 6 side with symbols on it. Everyone playing gets 3 sanity tokens. You choose to attack someone (roll dice), they counter-attack, then the next person in clockwise order goes. The player who wins is the last player with any Sanity left at all. Lose all your tokens, you've gone insane. And yes, Cthulhu can win. Thus we all go insane. YAY!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:30 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit wrote:

Translation: Instead of boardgames, we fuck.

1:19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:36 pm 
KSK Mastermind

the dice games sound epic!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crashman wrote:
the dice games sound epic!

I believe there is a drinking game in Cthulhu Dice. Everytime Cthulhu is rolled (in which all players must give up 1 sanity token to Cthulhu) everyone takes a drink/shot/whatever. All losers of game take shot/drink/whatever. If Cthulhu wins all players take 2

Also I just purchased Gamma World and Super Munchkin. Because all the stores around are out of Killer Bunnies Red for awhile because they are currently reprinting it.

Game idea for Gamma World: Essentially going to take Bill&Ted's time traveling phone booth and mix it with the overseers of the Matrix. Upon completing a few quests on a planet facing serious problems two men, in cheeto stained suits, with neckbeards shall come out and exclaim "We are very proud of the work you've been doing. We have been watching. The creator, the architect, has a job for you...an important job. You see in all of universes a problem occurs. Nothing is perfect...yet. But in this universe, on this world, at this time our creator has made his biggest of mistakes. He is powerless to do anything now. The problem has become too large. You have been summoned to help the creator and extinguish the flame of his most horrid creation. You....must kill Justin Bieber."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:22 am 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

I own about 30 games.

One of my favorite memories is all of us getting hooked on Catan at NESkiparty at my parents' place. We blasted Nightwish all night.

Nameless's brother -- "OH CAN'T I JUST NUKE THIS ISLAND NO FAIR WHINE WHINE"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:27 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Fallout wrote:

Tonight must be "Nameless' Family is :herpderp:" night.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

illblamesum1else wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Tonight must be "Nameless' Family is :herpderp:" night.

My brother gets bored with board games, so he likes to try to invent new rules so the game stays "interesting", but it's really just a way for him to get new rules in so he can win, lol. Like, play with two sets in Catan so we can go to 20 points on a huge board, or play to Epic where we go to level 20. The rule that Fallout is referring to is he wanted to try to do something like blow up someone's town so he could build a road? Like, everyone gets one nuke or something. In my brother's defense, he was drinking at that party, so, maybe we can chalk up that dumb rule idea to being drunk? :coookieesssss: Also, I usually don't let him get away with making a new rule. Like, last time, we were playing Munchkin, he wanted to go to Epic because I was ahead, and I was like "Phft, fuck that shit. When I beat you this time, though, we'll play another game. :buddy: "

I'm also pretty bad, though, because I never win against him, so I tend to troll him when I'm ahead, and then I get my ass kicked in the end anyway. I did actually beat him a few times in Munchkin the other night, though.

Oh, almost forgot, I have Jenga. I'm pretty damn good at it, too, I think. I love being able to just jam a piece out of there in one fell swoop, and have everyone else go like "Holy shit, how'd he do that?!" Especially when the tower is already pretty fucked, it's a great intimidation tactic to scare whoever is next, haha.

Oh, and while speaking of Munchkin, anyone see the Christmas or Good Fairy expansions they came out with? I found all three of them at DragonCon this year. They're all 15 card boosters for the original munchkin, two Christmas ones, and one where you have a lvl 20 monster called The Good Fairy, and includes a draw pile of Fairy Items that you get by trading in Fairy Dust. I haven't played with them yet, but it sounds interesting. I think I'm going to bring them along with me to my friend's house Thanksgiving weekend, should be fun to try it with him, because he's big on Munchkin.

Also - last time making another subject change - anyone ever play Ninja Burger? Awesome game. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Well all munchkin sets can all be mixed together so the 3 boosters can go with any munchkin. I was actually gonna pick those up today and add them to Super Munchkin for random LULZ.

Also opinion from you guys. Zombies or Last Night On Earth?

Both games have crazy positive reviews on amazon and I can't decide between the two. Zombies is cheaper and has lots of expansions, both of them look completely sweet though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Zombie is a really simple game, it's fun, though, because you build the city as you go along. Never played the other.

I was saying the boosters for Munchkin are for the original because that's the design on the back of them. My problem is, if I toss them into Munchkin Cthulhu, it'll be pretty obvious where they are in the deck, cuz they'll be the only cards with that back to them, you know? It'd be kind of easy to stack the deck on accident or something.

Oh, man, the other night when we were playing Munchkin Cthulhu, my brother and I completely destroyed each other within the first round. He won the game, but for the first half of it, I just threw everything I had at him and made his game hell for him, haha. Like, we were playing a variant where we could both be cultists (we were playing two player, so we didn't want that class to be completely useless in that game setting). I offered to put a +3 cultist level card on him if he used his wishing ring to take a Madness off of me. So, we did that, then once he got rid of his wishing ring, I plopped a Madness that makes him get -4 to every combat he isn't being helped by someone.

Oh, and within the first round, he got killed by Cowthulhu, and then when he came back, he almost got killed again by another monster because I pumped it up. Much lulz were had. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:53 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

yeah I like that about Munchkin and Killer bunnies. The backs all having the set backs are nice. I'm teaching some people Super Munchkin soon. And gonna pick up all the others as I go. I got the 4 booster packs. Waiting for Santa, Marked for death (new I believe), Fairy Dust (last pack left at store), and Santa's Revenge (new booster set). Santa's revenge...title alone :awesome:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:33 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Marked for Death? Oooooh, I forgot I had that one, too!!!

That's a booster pack that doubles as a demonstration for the game, right? Yeah, I forgot I had that shit. It's pretty awesome, hehe.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:56 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Marked for Death? Oooooh, I forgot I had that one, too!!!

That's a booster pack that doubles as a demonstration for the game, right? Yeah, I forgot I had that shit. It's pretty awesome, hehe.

Yep. Its how I'm gonna teach 2-3 other people real quick about how the game works. Steve Jackson is a genious at 2 things. 1) Smart, quirky, fun, nerdy games. 2) Whoring that shit out without making it feel like whoring out. T-shirts, bobbleheads, Iphone apps all that give IN-GAME benefits if you have them. Fucking brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:04 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:

My collection is mostly classics like Scrabble and Nintendo Monopoly. I do have a thing for chess sets. I've got like three, a Transformers one, a plain one, and a Lord of the Rings one somewhere. I also wanna buy the Mario chess set.

They have a set at the Nintendo World in NY but it's super expensive and kinda lame, I'd spend my cash on one of the awesome Samus statues they had there

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next