neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:09 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Cool, man.

I need to read that book and/or watch that show, still.

Also, so you're not just talking to yourself in here: Munchkinnomicon is a pretty cool booster pack for the Munchkin game. Definitely worth checking out. Changes the gameplay a fairly decent amount.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:11 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/118 ... -card-game

Worth throwing some money into. Also, great stand alone game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So a buddy of mine works with these other 2 guys and they created, tested, and printed a card game called "mafioso". They told me about it and sold our local shop 5 copies. I played the game last night with the owner of the store and we broke the game by the fifth turn. It's ok, with a few fun concepts, but rules don't cover specific needs (if you need X to do Y or can you just do Y without X, etc) and the quality of the cards is kinda ok. Needless to say, broke a game on turn 5 YAY!

Also, played a new Mayfair Game (Settlers people) about white water rafting. Yeah, concept doesn't sound to interesting but the overall concept is pretty awesome. You control 2 rafts, one of yours and one of your opponents, and try to get them cross the finish line. Main thing is you have a 2x point card and a 1x point card which you choose to place on a specific raft. The game is played with 6 people. So you're working with someone else who controls one of your boats and someone else whose boat you control while trying to screw over 3 other players, including the guy whose boat you don't have which is normally the person who has your boat. Game doesn't last too long either.

=-=-==-

EDIT: FUND THIS GAME! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gam ... of-hip-hop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:14 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Bogey wrote:
Also, played a new Mayfair Game (Settlers people) about white water rafting. Yeah, concept doesn't sound to interesting but the overall concept is pretty awesome.

"Hey, you guys wanna play this new game? You build cities and trade resources so you can build more cities, and whoever builds the most cities wins."

Yeah, coming from Settlers? I can understand it sounding like a boring concept but being phenomenal to play. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:23 pm 
KSK Mastermind

the LoC game seems really complicated... but the concept seems ok.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Also, played a new Mayfair Game (Settlers people) about white water rafting. Yeah, concept doesn't sound to interesting but the overall concept is pretty awesome.

"Hey, you guys wanna play this new game? You build cities and trade resources so you can build more cities, and whoever builds the most cities wins."

Yeah, coming from Settlers? I can understand it sounding like a boring concept but being phenomenal to play. :awesome:

one thing holds true, the board and pieces all are hexagons. Mayfair loves that shape.

And yeah I think LoC is a TCG, but fuck...that battle mechanic. I just want to try it and I'd probably sit in and just watch a tournament at a con.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:49 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

:? @ LoC

looks like a hipster thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:13 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/93563/whitewater

this game is fucking fun. It's good with 3 players but you get 4-6 and it is fast paced with lots of sabotage and backstabbing.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:42 pm 
KSK Mastermind

i really wanna play HeroClix again...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crashman wrote:
i really wanna play HeroClix again...

I would too. I still have lots of characters from the first 2 sets. I remember Hulk being a beast in the original release.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:38 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Dfraz recently purchased Munchkin and Zombie Munchkin. We've never played. Might be playing tomorrow night. Should I be excite?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

yes. I only played it once, and the only thing that made me want to stop was the fact that Blackheart was six feet away from me playing street fighter. It's a real fun and ridiculous game

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:12 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

it is a great non-collectible card game. Sits only behind Killer Bunnies as my favorite.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:18 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Bought two boosters of HeroClix... Nova Prime is a badass :P

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:21 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

For the time being, I am undefeated at Munchkin. Played 2 games tonight. The second game, I was level 3 when everyone else was 6 or 7. I eventually won. When I was 6, Dfraz was 9, and he drew a level one monster and was about to win. I played a card that allowed me to throw another monster out, and played the Plutonium Dragon. He couldn't beat it, and thought of running (the cards he had pretty much guaranteed his escape) but instead decided to sick the monsters on me (if he hadn't, someone else had a flask of glue to stop him from running.) Someone helped me beat it for just one treasure in exchange. I gained 3 levels (now 9) and drew 5 treasure cards. One of said cards was a level up. Went from 6-10 and won all in one turn. when it wasn't even my own turn.

Oh, and that entire second game I had a chicken on my head. :cookieshuh:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:35 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

nerd rules note: To get to the final level in Munchkin you are not allowed to use a "go up a level" card. You must defeat a monster either by helping someone or defeating one yourself.

non-nerd rule follower comment: Seriously, games fucking awesome right?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:46 am 
KSK Mastermind

Bogey wrote:
nerd rules note: To get to the final level in Munchkin you are not allowed to use a "go up a level" card. You must defeat a monster either by helping someone or defeating one yourself.

wait, they LET you win that way?

i mean, i hate to be a rules nazi, but like Bogey said, you cant use a go up a level card to level up... UNLESS you use the cleric thing.....

BUT at the same time, if they didnt stop you, then they are idiots and you deserve to defeat them.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:33 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

The only one of the four of us that had played before didn't say anything about it so... eh. And what cleric thing, drawing the discard pile instead of kicking down a door? if you pick one up that way, it's usable then?

EDIT: Would "kill the hireling" count as killing something? Because I had that card too, and the hireling. I also had some card (i forget what) worth 1,300 gold that I could have sold. And I THINK I had a Cheat card which I guess if they tried to stop me I could have played. I don't remember what the Cheat card says though so I don't remember if it applies to level up cards.

Either way, FTMFW. Now I need to try killer bunnies...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:45 pm 
KSK Mastermind

cheat is so you can use extra weapons and armor and stuff.

and it has to be from killing a monster unless...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:39 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Good to know for next time. Surprised the one person there that had played (a lot) before didn't catch that. Although he's the one that helped me beat the dragon for next to nothing, so maybe he just wanted the game to end. There was only one more person to go before my turn. He was also level 9 but i had a level 4 monster in my hand to use if I didn't run into a monster on my turn, and a few cards to fuck him over and stop him from winning. Probably would have won if they argued the level card thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

munchkin is a very interesting game of balancing. One second you'll willingly help anyone who needs it and the next everyone is out for blood or the entire treasure.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:43 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

worth a double post. I just want to say that fans so dedicated that they create virtual sets that are play tested with the original playtesting team and such to continue a game after it's death is fantastic. My favorite CCG ever has continued living all these years because of it. (Note: The game itself is actually good, for me, the license is a great bonus)

also me and Jessie have been talking way too much Heroclix lately. My gencon spending is going to be retarded now.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:32 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Crashman wrote:
Bogey wrote:

wait, they LET you win that way?

i mean, i hate to be a rules nazi, but like Bogey said, you cant use a go up a level card to level up... UNLESS you use the cleric thing.....

BUT at the same time, if they didnt stop you, then they are idiots and you deserve to defeat them.

In his defense, if they let that happen, they deserve to lose. :coookieesssss:

The first time I played Munchkin, we had a house rule where you could snag a card from the deck as long as no one was looking.

Someone went to the bathroom, and we had half the deck in front of us. :coookieesssss: :awesome:

But, I've played it where we rule nazi, and it's actually a really sound game if you actually play it legitimately, too.

I think the best game mode I've played of Munchkin is Munchkin Cthulhu. It's sooo fucking good. And the dungeons in that game mode are fucking merciless.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:12 am 
KSK Mastermind

Star Munchkin is probably my favorite.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:49 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm a huge fan of Axe Cop Munchkin and Zombie Munchkin. Mixing every type together is an insane amount of fun. I really can't wait for Munchkin Apocolypse. There will be a lot to work with there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next