neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Bogey wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Gamma World is incredibly fun and a nice turn on the normal D&D.

It really is, haha. It's like a gutted version of 4th Edition, but it's so damn easy to pick up, and it's a lot of fun.

I actually enjoy this, whereas I didn't really have as much fun with regular 4th ed.

Gamma World just gets points for making everything zany and incredibly random from me. I love the character creation in it One time I played I got "electrified ratswarm" so I thought about it and decided I was a group of six Pikachu. :awesome:

If you're a D&D player at heart I wouldn't worry too much. It seems Wizard is sweeping all 4E under the rug and acting like it never existed. They filled everything they could at Gencon with "Ok, so we know 4E wasn't for everyone. You're all playing Pathfinder now? And you're checking out a bunch of other RPGs from different companies? Well, have you seen D&D Next? It's going to be that game you all fell in love with and respected but with improvements throughout."

Seriously. All weekend long with that kind of thing. To their credit everyone wants D&D to be D&D and they sold out all their preview slots all weekend long.

One of our characters in the game is a cat/plant hybrid, so I think we decided that he was what grew when you bury your cat in the backyard. :coookieesssss:

Also, good to know about D&D Next. I should try checking it out, I think one of the guys at the sci-fi fantasy club on campus actually has the books for the beta version of it.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 pm 
KSK Mastermind

man, i wanna play this Gamma game..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:40 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

stayed up late night after hours in the local comic book/card/game shop in town. We stayed until about 1am playing random games.

We destroyed in a game of Elder Sign. By destroyed I mean that I died, the other guy next to me did nothing, and 1 dude just destroyed at will. We then picked up on a game of Red Tavern Inn. Basically you're all adventures AFTER the adventure back in the local tavern. You're all there to spend your money gambling or just get drunk. The last person left who has money, self respect, or isn't completely shit-faced wins. It was fun. I got down to a near win and lost due to a glass of wine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

You got board games? You want easy travel? Solution FOUND

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/128 ... f=category

I have a Bag of Holding (called the Bag of Devouring). It holds about 3-4 basic sized card games and a few fluxx's.

This system (I'm probably going with "the horror" for extra bit pits for carcassone, and the dividers for all my card games) would be able to hold the following games I own:

Killer Bunnies (all of them), munchkin (all of them), Whitewater, Catan, Carcassone, my Raw Deal Decks, Fluxx (all of them), encore, Dixit (maybe in the keep? I'm not sure on Dixit), and almost all the games I already own.

This thing is looking good. If it truly holds as much as they show it does it would probably fit my entire gaming collection. I'd love to bring that to a friend's house and just say "Well, we can play aything" instead of "Oh man, I didn't bring that game. I only have these 4."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:39 pm 
KSK Mastermind

that thing is awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Them offering 4 different pre-set load outs + ability to purchase extra components is nice. I'm grabbing a basic Keep which is 2 boards, 5 cases and 5 bit pits + dividers. I might go for "the horror" to make it definite that carcassone will fit in too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:05 am 
KSK Mastermind

looks neat!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

the, good, problem with Gencon is this...I didn't see that anywhere. There is no way that was at the Gencon I went to. Yet, it totally was. There is so much shit in that convention center that even in 4 days you'll never play or see it all.

You guys should all come :awesome:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:45 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

That does look pretty fun :awesome: I'd have to do a Billy Mays voice for everything that I was pitching.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:19 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:

One thing I wanted to point out for The Keep (because I honestly think it looks like a great product) is that you can order parts separate with a pledge. So if you just want a water-proof slipcase that holds 3-5 board games you can get that or a magic chamber that'll hold 900 (600 sleeved) magic cards. It has what you need and all that.

It just looks like a great product and looks like all gamers can benefit from it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:16 am 
KSK Mastermind

bought King of Tokyo today :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Played Munchkin Quest a week or two ago. Game took 4 and a half goddamn hours.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:32 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:

Jackson stopped supporting that with updates a few years ago....because of obvious reasons.....(reasons: it's not that enjoyable / didn't really sell)

Everyone here who has ever enjoyed Magic The Gathering needs to spend some quality time looking (and then grabbing and enjoying) Android: Netrunner

Asymmetric card game for 2 players. LCG so there is no booster pack buying. You buy an expansion pack (one every two months or so for about $15) and you get all the cards from that set. Card pools are equal for everyone, it is all about the build and the play.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

Jackson stopped supporting that with updates a few years ago....because of obvious reasons.....(reasons: it's not that enjoyable / didn't really sell)

I enjoyed it. It's just not a game I'd like to play frequently. Mostly because of the amount of time it takes. Other than that I thought it was a decent game. But, I guess that is a pretty major issue, where even when your game is enjoyable, people still won't want to play it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:00 am 
KSK Mastermind

played a few rounds of King of Tokyo. ts so fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:49 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

I enjoyed it. It's just not a game I'd like to play frequently. Mostly because of the amount of time it takes. Other than that I thought it was a decent game. But, I guess that is a pretty major issue, where even when your game is enjoyable, people still won't want to play it.

Munchkin has hit a weird spot in the board game industry. People still play it, it is still popular, but it is slowly getting this backlash as time rolls on. People really dislike the gametype as it soon amounts to "everyone sits back and then beat the shit out of the guy at level 8/9 with cards." followed by the rinse repeat once someone else gets there.

I don't think Munchkin, card game or quest, are bad, but I have been burnt out on those games more than other board/card games. Once you've read the jokes and everything, sometimes the game can not hold up as well. It is still one of the very first games I pull out whenever I'm introducing brand new people to the board game world. Munchkin is a hoot. I think for people stepping into the world, or looking casually it is very fine. Over the years, personally, I've just found some other games that have warranted Munchkin being a shelf-sitter.

Also, Jessie, if you're enjoying King of Tokyo at some point, try out Rampage. It gets the name sake from the video game. You're still monster fighting and all that. You just get one awesome advantage...you're actually destroying a city together too. Very light and fun, even losing is a complete blast thanks to the destruction.

Hey guys, guys, guys...we really need to talk about board games more. They're a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:06 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
played a few rounds of King of Tokyo. ts so fun.

Played a round or two. It was fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9