neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Terraria
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:56 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

*nut*

I'll be on tonight. :awesome:

Think I'm gonna roll a new character so I can fully appreciate this new update. :cookieshmm:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:14 am 
Pirahna Plant
Pirahna Plant

I heard about this game on ign. They gave it a 9.0. unfortunately it's PC only. Do you guys play enough to warrant me getting it on my old laptop?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:36 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

If we had more players, I'd love to do more stuff. Locrian bought the game but hasn't played it yet. Sleepy hasn't played lately. Sanct and Cid and myself play enough, though. I've been splitting my time between Minecraft, Terraria, and a few other games, though.

But, by all means, yeah, it's totally worth it, man. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:12 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Gal Edge informed me that a pirated version of this game is playable online still. How accurate is this, and how much would a legit version cost?

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

$10
It's not like it's asking for your first born.

For fuck's sake people act like every single dollar is sacred, and that's why indie devs like this suffer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Oh, I thought it was a large retail game.

Well, yeah, I'd shell out ten dollars for this.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:04 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

My counter in Steam says I've been playing it for 74+ hours.

Yeah, it's worth 10 bucks, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:15 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I think I wouldn't mind throwing $10 for it so I can try it out, sucks that I don't have $10.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
I think I wouldn't mind throwing $10 for it so I can try it out, sucks that I don't have $10.

See, now THAT is a good excuse.
The people who probably pirate it have the money, but don't care. :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:01 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

The legit version has frequent updates, though, which make it a better pay off in the end.

We now have items that affect our looks. I'm trying to get a pair of sunglasses so I can wear the tux and be a secret agent looking motherfucker. So cool. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Double Post: I'm making a server (or, trying to, at least).

namelessterraria.dyndns.org
password: nes

Someone hop on here and give it a test, see if we can get it to work? I'll be on with a brand new character fucking around and building some shit near spawn.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:24 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Double Post: I'm making a server (or, trying to, at least).

namelessterraria.dyndns.org
password: nes

Someone hop on here and give it a test, see if we can get it to work? I'll be on with a brand new character fucking around and building some shit near spawn.

Ha ha! Plagiarism. :coookieesssss:

One of these days when I get tMod I'll bring Neskiraria back up.

EDIT:
Eh... I got tired of messing with the website for tMod.

Neskitopia is up at
cidterraria.dyndns.org port 7777
Password: nes

EDIT2:
In my mildly drunken state, I added an s to the address. :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:42 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I gave up trying to make my own server and just joined his again ^ lol.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:58 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm still trying to get tMod.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:58 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Cid_Highwind wrote:
Neon Jackal wrote:

See, now THAT is a good excuse.
The people who probably pirate it have the money, but don't care. :coookieesssss:

It WAS a good excuse, until a friend gifted it to me on steam this morning :awesome:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this, but make a Blood Moon zombie horde be the target instead. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:44 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I played this last night and a little bit today and I think I love it.
I got a boomerang and a hookshot, this made me very happy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:08 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Yeah, the game is tons of fun when you get the Grappling Hook or Ivy Whip.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:11 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Whelp, after trying it out for a while, i'm just not terribly impressed with this game. I'm not even ENTIRELY sure why.

I dig the fact that for crafting you only have to have the items you need in your inventory, and what you can make shows up in the list. I guess the greater emphasis on "adventure" is kinda neat too. I like how many different things there are to find make and acquire as far as weapons, armor and accessories go.

Unfortunately those are the only 2 things i actually liked about the game. Fighting was a huge pain in the ass, even once i managed to get a gold sword and armor. It was downright bullshit before that point. 40 HP zombies, when the best you could do was 6 damage, and the game shits them out like it had tacos for breakfast lunch and dinner? Seriously? Backing myself into a corner and holding down a mouse button until it was day isn't exactly what i'd call engaging combat. And since without better weapons you couldnt possibly kill one zombie before 2 more showed up meant that's about the only way you COULD fight, unless you lucked out and found gold or something early on.

Hell, at least in Minecraft you had a very reasonable chance to defend yourself competently with only a wooden sword.

I guess the whole NPC thing was kinda neat, even if getting them to actually show up was annoying and somewhat random.

I can see how the game is so damn popular, and it really ISNT as much of a Minecraft rip off as people make it out to be, but it just bored the fuck out of me. Maybe ill have to try multi player.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:24 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

After a bit, you learn to just deal with the zombies. They're annoying, but aren't deadly once you build a shelter.

Also, they can only bust down doors when they have flat terrain in front of it. So, dig a small hole, and they just converge there, and go "Durp, how I open door? :cookieshuh: " It's awesome, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:41 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah, i was fairly far at one point, but shit NEVER stopped being annoying, usually when i was trying to actually get something DONE. Hell, even with the best weapon i could possibly make at the time, 1 zombie took 5 hits to kill, and the literally came in swarms of 6 or 7. Usually 3 or so from each side on the overworld, or all from whatever place they could manage under ground. I wouldn't mind if combat were actually FUN, but right now, starting fresh it is LITERALLY just putting my back to a wall, equipping something fast, and holding down the mouse button until they stop spawning, which is usually morning. Most of the time they come in such huge numbers that i cant even keep up with the tide of zombies and they start to make it past my swings, and with no way to run, or even heal since it takes a full second after switching to my potions to be able to use them, i usually end up dying a stupid cheap death when all i was trying to do was grab the copper i saw.

I know most people just make a bunch of small maps, rape the land for whatever easily accessible mats they can, THEN start up a serious world, but having to do that, just to be able to survive the first hour or so, is terrible game design. You shouldn't have to exploit JUST to make the game bearable.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:22 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

The best way I found to do it was build a small shelter immediately, and at night, go below ground to mine. After a few nights, you should be well prepared enough to fuck some shit up.

Oh, and if you break cobwebs to make silk, you can make a bed, and move your spawn point at night. The zombies mob you, but they're kinda pussies after a bit.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:42 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah, all stuff i already know. I had about 16 hours on my first save. I'm just saying that things like the excessively tedious combat, or the fact that you can wall yourself off as much as you want, but the second you scroll the wall off the screen so much as a pixel it's ZOMG enemies everywhere, makes it frustrating to start over.

I did at least manage to find some neat stuff today, though again getting it was INSANELY frustrating due to bad gear so far and overly hyper enemy spawns. Not too far from spawn i found corruption, with a shadow orb at teh bottom of the first shaft. Actually GETTING to the orb, without being nudged off the precarious edge of teh pit as i tried to both build platforms and fend off eaters in an unending wave, only to fall to my death over, and over, and over and over, before i could remotely make it down safely was maddening.

Discovering there was a floating island about a screen and a half further over, and up about a full screen was nice too. Except for the part that again, while trying to simply build a vertical tower up to it, i was under constant assault by both eaters, and eyes once it became dark, with no way to fight back. I did find a Starfury in a chest up there, right before the harpies swarmed me. Now i just need stars for mana so i can actually USE the first decent thing i've found ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:13 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Dude, come play online with Cid and me. We hooked Neon up tonight. He started off with no mana, when he left, he had a max bar. :P

We figured out that if a blood moon rises, and you use server commands to make night reset while the moon is going, it has to go through the entire night legitimately before it ends.

So, you can keep getting waves and waves of enemies. We used this to farm the monsters for vanity items. We got a couple of Archeologist Hats, and we actually managed to make 2 pairs of sunglasses (sunglasses take 2 items that have a 1/100 chance of dropping. I found both parts to it tonight, within a 5 minute span...after farming for over an hour, haha).

Overall, good night. We also found the joy of pits filled with zombies, and bombs. Apparently bombs don't break brick walls. So you can use that to make a zombie pit that you can drop bombs into without having to repair it. Lololol.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:36 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595814531173122496/3C60C160366D46FB2A82C8077CA1EEC76646A90B/

Link for Large Size.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next