neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 pm 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

So, I am not a huge Kickstarter backer. I have backed 3 total projects in my time since finding out about it. One is Wasteland 2.

The other 2 are the reason I am posting. One is the action RPG called Cryamore, and the second is another action RPG / Monster Hunter like hybrid called Artizens

Now, both these games are funded, but do not let that stop you! Lets talk about Cryamore first.

Cryamore is about a spunky bookworm who goes by the name of Esmyrelda Maximus! Cryamore is a mineral discovered by her early settlers on Noka Island to replace the now-ancient steam-powered technology. It was later found out that they could be used as elemental catalysts to power a wide variety of things, even humans.

But this is causing an imbalance on the island, causing monsters to appear out of nowhere and sapping the town's resources. Since Esmy (the nickname she prefers to be called) is passionate and a good candidate for Cryamore research, she's commissioned by the Town Council Chief to search for alternate Cryamore resources, which spirals into a much more ominous dilemma.

This is an action-adventure game (with a few role playing elements), to be released on Windows and Mac!

It takes the best facets out of yesteryear's gaming, like inventive puzzles, well-balanced action gameplay, quirky story, hand-drawn backgrounds, and gorgeous pixel art, and blends it in not only just one yummy nostalgia cake, but a classically fresh take on the genre.

"From what I've seen and heard, this is shaping up to be a beautiful game." - Indiegames.com
"Seeing all this stuff is giving me the "Nintendo 64 kid" feeling that I rarely get from the videogame industry anymore." - Destructoid
"Just when I was thinking we'd never get another Bastion, in comes Cryamore... taking the genre back to its roots." - Crunchyroll

Cryamore is already looking amazing, and its Kickstarter ends on 2/26. They are already way into their stretch goals and are aiming to reach the point of being on consoles. If you want a few more tastes, they have a Soundcloud Page where you can freely listen to their tracks for their soundtrack! The music is amazing! And those who are backers get access to special builds to test the game and give feedback. The Cryamore team are also very vocal and give plenty of updates. I have been getting updates almost daily! Here are a couple of screenshots:

Now, lets talk about Artizens. They are much less funded (still funded though). Best way to describe it is a side scrolling action RPG crossed with Monster Hunter, where you can create and design your own gear, even the ART STYLE! You wanna wield a giant flaming fish? Get out those Paint skills and draw it! And then you can trade your creations to your friends. Here is the open letter from the game world calling out to the Artizens!

Artizens actually has a few gameplay and preview vids. Here they are!

Amazing looking and lots of fun to be had! I know I will be there. Will you?

And again, the Artizen team are pretty frequent with updates. Not as often as the Cryamore guys, but at least weekly thus far. Keeping us backers in the loop.

I am not one to back or even promote things that I feel are "unworthy", and I am rather picky on what I buy and what I am willing to pay for. These games both look amazing, have vocal and friendly developers, and are already way in progress to being awesome games! Why not help out a few small time dev houses and help them reach their dreams, while at the same time getting two fairly interesting and unique games!

Joins us!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:30 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

That doesn't really sound like Monster Hunter at all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:51 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

It looks like a 2d Monster Hunter with an art direction I vastly prefer.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.