neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm 
The so-called robot with admin powers

Post 'em here and let the news roll!

Confirmed Characters

New Challengers

Greninja

Little Mac

Rosalina & Luma

Animal Crossing Villager

Megaman

Wii Fit Trainer

Returning Characters

Mario

Luigi

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus

Kirby

Fox

Pikachu

Bowser

Pit

Olimar

Peach

Toon Link

Sonic

Marth

King Dedede

Lucario

Diddy Kong

Zero suit samus

Charizard

Yoshi

Sheik

-

News about the game:

No More Tripping In The New Smash Bros (Source: Kotaku)

http://kotaku.com/no-more-tripping-in-t ... -513187770

Don't Expect A Lot Of Third-Party Characters In The Next Smash Bros (Source: Kotaku)

http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-a-lot-of- ... Socialflow

Smash Bros. will not feature 3DS and Wii U cross-play (Source: Destructoid)

http://www.destructoid.com/smash-bros-w ... 6312.phtml

Masahiro Sakurai Discusses Balance Patches in Super Smash Bros., Says He’s Not Opposed to Downloadable Content (Source: Shoryuken)

http://shoryuken.com/2013/06/26/masahir ... e-content/

Sakurai Says New Smash Bros. Won’t Include Story Mode or Fighting Game Characters (Source: Shoryuken)

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/27/sakurai ... haracters/

The game will feature assist trophies! (Source: Destructoid)

http://www.destructoid.com/majora-s-mas ... 7012.phtml

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:01 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I only really expected Sonic to show up in the new Smash. Either that or a character that is really linked to the GB/NES/SNES. I could see Simon Belmont be in the game and have it be totally justifiable. Little to no 3rd party is super fine too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:35 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

oh internets.

if the new SSB had Snake again; it could only have one character and i'd still buy it.

no Snake will make me substantially less interested.

he was perfect in Brawl. i don't see them topping just how fun he was to play proper.
though you probably will get whopped if you're not 3 steps ahead of everyone most of the match.
you have to remember: you're not playing Snake. he is just an instrument in your orchestra. your goal is to play everyone at once.
the true art of war.

actually; i take that back. Diddy was a ton of fun too, but Snake was perfection achieved.
i know all of the characters were pretty damn good, but those two are by far the most technical.
followed by. . . .i want to say Olimar.

Metaknight can appear to be, but playing him is 90% air juggling. there's not much setup.
and let's face it: he's op as fuck. playing 1v1 you have no excuses for losing. 3v1 isn't even that bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

If Lucas isn't in I'll be kinda mad for obvious reasons but unless something more interesting than Wii Fit Trainer happens I'm running with her right outta the gate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:14 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I have no idea how they can top the Wii Fit Trainer for me, I still can't believe it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:58 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Now I get, why you are so excited about that trainer gal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

We'll see Excitebike show up or something and we'll all just have :cookieshmm: reactions for about a week before being totally game about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:03 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I'm amazed at how many people are pissed about Wii Fit Trainer. I hear people yell "Waste of a character slot!" and I'm thinking, how many people were fans of Mr Game & Watch, or the Ice Climbers, or ROB when they were first announced? Wii Fit Trainer looks awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:07 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

The only character that has ever disappointed me was Pit, I just don't like Pit, not even a little bit.

Also, Sakurai said that the game is just called Super Smash Bros. and to just refer to them as Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Wii U

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I think I had more fun with Wario than most people did. I really hope the Pokémon Trainer shows back up, but maybe he has 4-6 pokemon at his disposal. I mean, it looks like there might be a few more strings of moves in this version.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 am 

I hope the Pokemon Trainer is back too, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a different trainer. Maybe the trainer from X/Y with the new starters?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:29 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
I hope the Pokemon Trainer is back too, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a different trainer. Maybe the trainer from X/Y with the new starters?

That wouldn't be terrible, but the pokemon trainer with Ash's lineup would be awesome. buttefree, pidgeotto and such

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

wario was awesome. up A in the air.

i'd rather seen more pokemon than the trainer come back again. having more of them didn't really give you any additional opportunities. the change time was too slow to make switching do anything other than break up your own combo or win you a few falcon fists in the face.

pit was a bunch of B spam for players who forget the A button exists.

the Wii Fit Trainer doesn't get a foul from me. it's a first party Nintendo title. it flies. i thought ice climbers were sweet right away, same for game and watch. then i went through the bother of unlocking game and watch in melee and was immensely disappointed. bacon fusillade withstanding: he's not much fun to play.

i think i was more pissed that little mac wasn't a full character.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

S1eepy wrote:

Some irritating kid on Miiverse insists that Little Mac will be a full character in the new game. That's as reliable a source as I have for that.

I'm getting the feeling that Snake isn't gonna be in the new one, which will force me to master a different character. I'm a little more interested in Pit now that they have changed some of his moves I always hated him in Brawl. Same for Wario, fuck him.

I was trying to think of a Namco character besides Pac-Man that would make sense in the game, and I drew a complete blank.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:51 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

Some irritating kid on Miiverse insists that Little Mac will be a full character in the new game. That's as reliable a source as I have for that.

I'm getting the feeling that Snake isn't gonna be in the new one, which will force me to master a different character. I'm a little more interested in Pit now that they have changed some of his moves I always hated him in Brawl. Same for Wario, fuck him.

I was trying to think of a Namco character besides Pac-Man that would make sense in the game, and I drew a complete blank.

i'd be really surprised if Snake comes back. i don't expect him to either.

i played wario occasionally. mostly aerial and occasional grabs. his ground game blew though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:

I don't have any links but there's a guy on NeoGAF that has been doing pretty accurate leaks for a while who called Wii Fit Trainer the day before, and later claimed Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man were going to be shown at e3 afterwards

E3 is obviously over now and that didn't happen, but the current narrative is that Nintendo got wind of the leak and decided not to do the extra reveals until later.

Take that with a huge grain of salt but hey, nobody else predicted Trainer :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:44 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

I mean, basically any protagonist from a Tales Of game would work, but is there a reason why you think we'd be getting Namco characters?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:33 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Pretty sure Namco are developing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:48 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
Pretty sure Namco are developing it.

Wait really? I figured it was the guys from HAL laboratories under some other name.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:57 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Wiki says this: The game is a joint-project between Sora Ltd. and Namco Bandai with Yoshito Higuchi, as director.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:19 am 

Supposedly Nintendo ran into problems with Brawl due to development time. The game was delayed twice and still launched with glitches and bad online. Nintendo wanted to make sure that didn't happen, plus they're making two versions so they branched out and got help from some extra developers. Apparently Namco was chosen for 1) Working with Nintendo before and 2) Having experience with two different successful fighting series.

I really truly believe Lil Mac will make the cut. I COULD see Mii but don't really think it'll happen. Pac-Man? Sure he's an "icon" but only when he's a circle. Nobody really cares about the Pac-World games and Sakurai said Nacmo's involvement doesn't give them any extra sway. Lloyd Irving and Heihachi are also big contenders for Namco reps, according to the internet at least.

EDIT-
Sakurai wrote:
"To paint in broad strokes, Melee is for the maniac, the veteran player, while Brawl is for a newer, more casual gamer, as far as the speed goes. Melee, of course, is super fast, and the people who are used to that game love that gameplay. But it may be a barrier for folks who found it a little imposing. Brawl was designed to be more approachable and accessible by folks who might [used to be playing] Wii Fit or Wii Play. Now, with the new Smash Bros., we're thinking the positioning will be really right in the middle.

The idea with Smash Bros., you have four players come together, and it's a fair playing field. The idea of having one person with this special controller and special features that are only available to the gamepad player flies in the face of that. Right now, we're not adding any additional [GamePad] functionality at all. With Smash Bros. being a four-player game we want people to be on equal footing. That's our main philosophy when it comes to control features.

There will be a single player [campaign], but it won't be like the [Subspace Emissary] mode in Brawl. One thing we can do with the Smash Bros. series that's unique to us — because we have all these different disparate characters brought together — is we can create that sort of fan-movie experience as a special gift. But now those things are posted on the internet, it doesn't really become a gift for people who played the game.

What we decided this time around, we're just going to have [those movies unlocked] from the beginning. We're going to have a movie for Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager and Mega Man and they'll be viewable right at the beginning, you can watch those right away.

At this point we have no plans for downloadable content. Our goal is to have a Smash Bros. that has enough content, in terms of characters and stages, and that's where all our energies are focused. There's no fundamental opposition to downloadable content if it's something that felt like it worked. We haven't really decided whether we're going to do it or not. We're not opposed to it, we just need to work on completing the full package."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:22 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I hope they get a bunch of composers to remix all those songs like they did in Brawl, I really enjoyed that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 am 

Me too. Brawl's soundtrack was amazing. I'd also love to hear the new Mega Man music. Just imagining fighint to a remix of "We're the Robots" from Mega Man 9 makes me smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:44 am 
KSK Mastermind

We the level designer still be included? Nothing like fighting with your friends on top of a giant dick.

I am super excited for Megaman to be included (finally) simply because i am huge fan of the character and I think he's perfect for this style of fighter. I have already named him my main shortly after the reveal at E3.

Villager however looks to be hilariously fun. He looks like so much fun to play that i will eventually use him a lot I am sure.

Wii Fit Trainer is perfect for the game too and it really sparked up some great /r/rule34 images >.>

I think Sonic has to stay in the game. Sega and Nintendo have been working together for a bit and seems like a neat friendship so yeah. Plus, Blue Blur vs Blue Bomber! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next