neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

There was so much in this Direct.

I love that there's a Balloon Fight stage and Palutena's Temple looks massive and fun.
Little Mac has a wire frame color palette. Hilariously awesome.
Midna, Elec Man, Dark Samus as Assist Trophies are cool but nothing beats the fucking Color TV-Game 15 Assist.
The Rocket Belt and Fire Bar items look amazing to use. Never would've seen either one coming.
A little sad to see the Pokemon Trainer go but seeing Shiek and ZSSamus as standalone characters is pretty cool. Wonder what ZSSamus' Final Smash will be...
Speaking of, Rosalina's Final Smash looks pretty cool. I hope they change it to a Grand Star instead of just a regular Power Star though. Villager's Final Smash is fun but I was still hoping for bees. Mega Man's is my favorite though. I had no idea what to expect, I did not expect that, and it is glorious.
I wasn't blown away by Greninja in Pokemon X/Y like some people were but it looks like a cool character in Smash. It seems to make blades out of water for Smash attacks and that's pretty cool. It also seems to teleport around and have some weird ninja counter move. I wasn't rooting for a new Pokemon character, except maybe Mewtwo, but I'm definitely intrigued by Greninja. I certainly like it better than Lucario.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:00 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm stoked about Greninja. Looks very fun to play as.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:18 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I'm pretty stoked about Greninja, he looks super speedy and like he's going to be a lot of fun.

Any videos floating around of the final smashes that are new? I haven't seen any of them yet.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:29 am 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

It seems that Sakurai and Greninja both use substitute. I'm excited about Greninja, he looks fun. I'm also glad that apparently so many people thought it was gonna be Mewtwo. Any time that something comes along and shakes things up for the Smash fans who cling to the past, I'm in favor of it.

I'm also glad that there's no more transforming. If it means we don't get Ivysaur and Squirtle back, oh well. I'm trying to think of a badass stand alone grass type since we already have fire and water, but I'm blanking.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Villager's final smash gif, shit's awesome :awesome: :
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Maybe Chestnaught? That would be pretty cool, but it looks like Fenekin is an assist trophy judging by some pictures I saw, so I doubt they would make Delphox be the odd man out if they included the other starter, too.

Ummm...maybe Grovyle? I never really played with that guy, though, so I wouldn't really know, honestly.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am 

A bunch of photos for press got put online. A shit ton of info here. A bunch of returning and new items and some close ups of new characters, stages, etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/

Interestingly there seems to be two retro themed Namco items, the Galaga ship and the Rally-X Special flag.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:07 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

so much stuff. Looks great

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:05 pm 
KSK Mastermind

those screen shots really show just how beautiful this game looks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I an a bit disappointed Pokemon Trainer has been taken out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Presence of Namco stuff has me hopeful for a "Tales of" character, even though I'm sure that'd never happen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:53 pm 

Most popular theory is that Pac-Man will be the Namco rep if we get one. Lloyd Irving is another popular choice and some people have said Nightmare based on how SoulCalibur the Final Destination looks like.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:33 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
Most popular theory is that Pac-Man will be the Namco rep if we get one. Lloyd Irving is another popular choice and some people have said Nightmare based on how SoulCalibur the Final Destination looks like.

i hope not pac-man. he was lame enough before he got a 3d makeover. Lloyd would be alright, but nightmare would be tits, but he must retain his POWAH FIST. that sneaky little punch makes him every bit the beast that he is.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 pm 

I really don't want to see Pac-Man in the game. I mean he COULD be cool, but I don't see him being needed.

Also, Nintendo has updated their online modes for the game:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:19 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i wonder if those fun matches will be hosted by not-garbage servers this time. the monster hunter guys can figure it out, but nintendo only has like, half an idea how the internet works still. . . you're syncing 4 players who all see the same thing. how the fuck many packets do you have to pass when there's, usually, less than 20 non-static objects in the entire game at any given point? players only have about 10 properties each, collision is detected in radial volumes, and other objects have up to about 4 properties. from a programming perspective those are all cheap (resource wise) assets/methods. i can't for the life of me see a reason for brawl to have lagged so awfully aside from garbage server setup. it's a very well done game, but it is a far cry from a complicated game.

i hope they figure it out. i'd like to be able to play with people awake during the same hours i am and not have a ridiculous latency.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:16 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah, I couldn't even play Brawl with people in my own timezone...
Could they use that GGPO thing that Skullgirls and Divekick uses? It's like magic, I could play Skullgirls online with people in other countries and it wasn't a laggy piece of shit match.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 am 

I doubt this is 100% accurate but still, DAAMMNNNN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
I doubt this is 100% accurate but still, DAAMMNNNN

Is that video narrated by Mr. Slave?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:18 am 

I was KIND OF hoping he'd be playable just because it would be nice to see some of the smaller characters in and he's a relatively interesting new Nintendo character. That said, I'm glad to see him in period. I guess with him off the list my most wanted characters would be Ridley, Issac (or any other Golden Sun character), and Takamaru.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:42 pm 
KSK Mastermind

I fucking love DIllon's rollin western.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:12 am 

This stage looks pretty damn cool. I hope there are transformations for every area of the game. I'd love to see that Starry Night background and maybe those rotating star platforms.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:22 am 
The so-called robot with admin powers

Well looks like a lot of new fighters got revealed: Pac-Man, Palutena, Mii Fighter. I'm afraid that leak is starting to be real.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:42 am 

I wouldn't mind if that leak is real to be honest. I think Shulk would be interesting and its good to see new franchises get representation. Chorus Men...well Nobody was expecting Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, ROB, or Wii Fit Trainer and they are all pretty fun (at elast based on what I've seen of WFT)

I'm actually kind of meh on all the E3 newcomers. Miis look fun but I've never been big on using them. The custom movesets may be fun. I know Pac-Man is an icon but he never struck me as an iconic character just an iconic arcade game. His moveset looks interesting so I'll reserve judgement til I play him but I'm not super thrilled. Palutena, well I feel like I should be head over heels for her being such a Kid Icarus fan but I was hoping for someone else. Magnus, Viridi, or even Medusa would've been awesome. I guess Palutena should've been the most expected but I dunno. It also doesn't help that her moveset will totally change based on the customization thing. I mean say I like Recovery Move 3 but when I go online for random matches I HAVE to use Recovery Move 1. Not really a fan of that...

All the matches and videos I've seen of the game just make me want it more but the new character reveals were kind of lukewarm for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:45 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Palutena makes it two more Kid Icarus characters than I'd like. Miis are interesting, the brawler looks fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:58 pm 

Awww, I love Kid Icarus...

Relevant new info:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:20 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
I wouldn't mind if that leak is real to be honest. I think Shulk would be interesting and its good to see new franchises get representation. Chorus Men...well Nobody was expecting Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, ROB, or Wii Fit Trainer and they are all pretty fun (at elast based on what I've seen of WFT)

I'm actually kind of meh on all the E3 newcomers. Miis look fun but I've never been big on using them. The custom movesets may be fun. I know Pac-Man is an icon but he never struck me as an iconic character just an iconic arcade game. His moveset looks interesting so I'll reserve judgement til I play him but I'm not super thrilled. Palutena, well I feel like I should be head over heels for her being such a Kid Icarus fan but I was hoping for someone else. Magnus, Viridi, or even Medusa would've been awesome. I guess Palutena should've been the most expected but I dunno. It also doesn't help that her moveset will totally change based on the customization thing. I mean say I like Recovery Move 3 but when I go online for random matches I HAVE to use Recovery Move 1. Not really a fan of that...

All the matches and videos I've seen of the game just make me want it more but the new character reveals were kind of lukewarm for me.

I'm pretty sure the move customization thing is only for Miis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next