neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Hey, let's record this show on my shitty phone that won't pick up the sound quality very well. Wooooo, look at me having fun, this is going on twitter later.

Fuck, when did I become a grumpy old man?

People are learning to filter life through a lens. It drives me crazy too. As a camera operator who often has to get the shot the one time it happens, I know full well that the only way to be aware of your surroundings and filming them at the same time is to look at what you're doing with one eye and look through the lens with the other. I see people crossing the road typing on their phones and i want to run at them screaming and slap them out of their hands and point gibbering at the oncoming traffic. You can't wait until after you've crossed the road? how could you possibly choose to miss the real event over seeing parts of it on a pocket-sized screen?

Also if i was on stage and a crowd of people held up their phones during a slow song I would probably start to cry. That's not a goddamn flame no matter how you stretch your imagination. We want flickering stars in the dark, not tiny rectangles of backlit sadness.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:08 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Yeah, I totally get that. People are so damn enraptured in their stupid little digital world that they can't stop and see the real one right in front of them.

So, uh, last night, my friend got shitfaced and ended up passing out in my other friend's kitchen sink. Like, standing up over it, barfing into the sink, so, he looked kind of like an ostrich or something.

We got some booze, and my friends wanted to hang out and drink a bit. He smoked some, and then he came back and drank like two coffee mugs full of rum in like a five minute period. After the second one, he was reaching for some chips, and we noticed like a drool spike out of his mouth that reached to the floor, so we were like "uuuh, fuck, here it comes." And then he just kinda like :herpderp: and flopping around for awhile, and he ended up throwing up in the kitchen sink, and passing out there for awhile. We got him a chair to sit on after he fell asleep standing up for a bit.

The dumbest part is that my friends were moving into their apartment that day, and this happened at like...6 pm. My friend's mom and her boyfriend were there, so my friend went up to them and explained the situation and apologized for the drunk guy passed out in the sink. They were okay with it, and were mostly in the one room helping get everything set up. But, man, that was awkward.

Kinda hoping this makes him slow the fuck down a bit. He's never been sick before from drinking, so, I think this'll kinda change how he treats alcohol. We'll see, though.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
Also if i was on stage and a crowd of people held up their phones during a slow song I would probably start to cry. That's not a goddamn flame no matter how you stretch your imagination. We want flickering stars in the dark, not tiny rectangles of backlit sadness.

I will say, sometimes, if done well, they can look like stars in the dark

(about 30 seconds in, but it's a bit of a build up for that 30 seconds)

Edit: Although, I miss real cameras being used by everyone. Back when Stone Cold, The Rock, or Triple H entered...it looked incredible.

Also, went to Gencon this weekend. Had lots of fun. I felt weird, as I don't normally take pictures of things at all, but needed some for a thing I'll be writing. I just don't like to stand with my phone on a camera taking pictures. I'd rather do stuff, see it, remember it, talk about it. I just felt weird doing it.

In other news, I played a crazy amount of games this weekend. It was enormous. Might I say, if you enjoy miniature games, that you check out Golem Arcana? It's a great miniature game that takes away some of the issues I have with Warhammer. Besides the time investment (painting, sculpting, etc), and money (Golem has 3-packs for $30...so, not as bad sometimes), it's all the books, the stat tracking, the distance tracking. Nope, that shit is out the window. Golem Arcana uses your smartphone/tablet to take care of the number crunching. Your figures have a ring on it with a place to touch for moving, their moves, stats, all that. You have some cards that have the same base info. The game comes with this blue-tooth pen. You touch the figure, touch where you're going/want to attack, and you touch your attack. The game then tells you "hey, yo, you're a few spaces too short for that shot. Or "hey, the terrain knocked your movement back". It works without any problems and was a great time.

base game (includes pen, terrain boards, and two teams), 2 bonus teams, and a bonus terrain pack cost me about $130 overall. Which wasn't shabby at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I'm on make-sure-the-drunk-guy-is-okay duty right now. He's currently snoring in the bathroom with some pillows propped between him and the bathtub so he's on his side.

So, about...pphhhff....4 hours ago? We finished up at the con we're working at, and we went back to the hotel room, game plan: get a good buzz going, and go do some Cards Against Humanity downstairs with me, my brother, our buddy, and cute chick that's working the booth with us this weekend. My phone's almost dead, and, in my infinite wisdom, I think "ah, I don't need it, we're just going downstairs, it'll be fiiinnne." So I plug it in, and we leave.

My brother and our buddy basically polish off a bottle of Kraken, and as we're walking to the elevator, I realize buddy's doing the ministry of sillywalks cuz he's shithammered and can't walk straight, my brother's a little bit behind him but he's like...maybe a 6/10-7/10, buddy is a solid 9/10. We get down there, and he polishes off a bottle of Red's Apple Ale while getting progressively more loopy from the alcohol. I kinda push the 6 pack back so he can't snag another one, and a few minutes later my brother is helping him to the bathroom (which, hey, that's cool, that gave me a second to talk to cute girl one on one, but she was having a shitty night for other reasons already, so I'm trying to cheer her up from that while we both except that CAH isn't happening tonight), and a few minutes after that, some guy comes out of the bathroom and is like "Hey, uh, you got a drunk friend that's in there? He needs your help." Apparently Buddy is throwing up pretty hard in there. So, I sit there while my brother goes to find something to eat for him (we luckily had the foresight to get extra pizza earlier tonight in case of need of alcohol sponge).

So, anyway, long story short, I'm in the bathroom with him down there for like a half hour, he passes out and my brother goes off again to find like a soda or some coffee or something for him, dude's using a box of breadsticks as a pillow, and when some of my other friends came in to take a piss, I get them to help me try to get him up to our hotel room, he's like "Shit, gotta barf again" and we run back in. At THAT point, Security shows up, but they're really cool, and since I only had one drink earlier I'm totally sober enough to talk to them, explain that my friend just had too much to drink, he's of the legal drinking age, and we're able to secure a ride from the valet people to get us back to our hotel from the convention center.

So, now he's passed out in the bathroom, my brother sobered up a lot but went downstairs to go play some Nidhog, and I didn't want to disturb my friend's sleeping or try to use the toilet while a big dude was passed out drunk under it, so I just pissed in the sink. That tile countertop was about 4 inches too tall so I had to tippytoes it, and it was cold (feelsgoodman.jpeg)

TL;DR: The Kraken claims another one.

(edit)
My brother came back to the room with two pepsis, a wrist band for something he can't remember going to, and some bananas that he thinks he took from the hotel staff kitchen.

You know when you let you cat out for the night, and he comes back with a different collar on, and you're like "Where the fuck were you tonight, man?"...yeah...Yeeeaah, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:13 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

1. Kraken is amazing, but yeah, it'll fuck you up.

2. Nidhogg is incredible. We need to play some time.

3. You are a good friend.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:47 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
1. Kraken is amazing, but yeah, it'll fuck you up.

2. Nidhogg is incredible. We need to play some time.

3. You are a good friend.

Several times that I've had friends barfing their souls out, it's been from Kraken.

Nidhogg IS amazing. I was in a tournament today at the con. Got my ass kicked, but the guy who beat me in the first round and knocked me out actually won the tournament...and I did give him a run for his money, at least, and didn't give up immediately. My two friends got 2nd and 3rd place, so, I'm happy. Watching other people play that game is fantastically fun, too, so I had a good time just watching.

And, thanks, I really try to be. I've been the one throwing up drunk (DragonCon drunk is what I call that level now), and I try to help my friends out when they're there, too. I've kinda become a Den Mother to my younger friends down in Melbourne at school. Guys love to drink, but they do it reeallly dumb sometimes, haha.

I've never been around my con vendor buddy when he's been drinking, and I think him and my brother were trying to see who could drink more, and just kinda both lost. :coookieesssss: On the plus side, brother didn't throw up, I think our friend throwing up got him to sober up kinda so he could help me. Honestly glad he was, cuz I can not lift a dude like twice my size. I fuck a lot of fat chicks, but I don't try to lift em up and carry em deadweight drunk, ya know? haha

Also, before I delete the texts, I want to post something me and my brother were saying back and forth after he disappeared to go downstairs and wander the con drunk:

Him: "Once upon a midnight dreary, while I Jaegered drunk and bleary, over many peculiar matches of Nidhogg"
Me: "Suddenly there came a texting, from your brother vexing, vexing at the drunken friend on the floor. I hath to pee it said but Jimmy takes up the bathroom floor. He drank the Kraken nevermore."

I'm kinda proud of that one :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:05 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

The other night, while sleeping, I got a call (and accompanying voice mail) from an ex around 3am. It was her having sex with some other dude. It was just about 2 minutes of her screaming and moaning his name over and over with his grunts and stuff in the background.

That was my 7am the other day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:20 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Bogey wrote:
The other night, while sleeping, I got a call (and accompanying voice mail) from an ex around 3am. It was her having sex with some other dude. It was just about 2 minutes of her screaming and moaning his name over and over with his grunts and stuff in the background.

What in the actual fuck?

You think she did that on purpose? Like, is she just that much of a shitty person?

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Bogey wrote:

What in the actual fuck?

You think she did that on purpose? Like, is she just that much of a shitty person?

I'd assume on purpose? I don't know. I don't plan to ask and converse. All I know is you have to sit through about 4 rings, and then a 15-20 second stupid voice mail message I made before even beginning to leave a message.

Weirdest part: been broken up for almost a year or so...not sure why this random contact would be made.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:49 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I would assume she didn't just butt dial you or something, way too much of a coincidence.

Still, what an odd, petty thing to do to an ex. Especially a year out of it, too. I mean, you'd think she'd lose the number, or, ya know...get the fuck over it after a year of being apart.

Silver lining, at least you know that she's a shitty person, and going your separate ways was a good move.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:14 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I saw Sheevil today. I don't think I've seen her in person in like...8 or 9 years? I was working the Flea Market with my brother, and she was apparently in town just hanging out or something. It's been a really long time, so it was cool seeing her again.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:06 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Went to see The Whitest Kids U Know last night. We got the front table in the club. My buddy got to play a part in a skit, some drunk girl stole his straw wrapper and then ate it. She then grabbed his plate and started to lick chocolate off of it. Her night ended (before getting kicked out for being loud and disruptive) with taking a selfie w/ my friend and then asking him to put her phone into her vagina.

Also, I got to see this amazing thing live:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:20 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Bogey wrote:
My buddy got to play a part in a skit, some drunk girl stole his straw wrapper and then ate it. She then grabbed his plate and started to lick chocolate off of it. Her night ended (before getting kicked out for being loud and disruptive) with taking a selfie w/ my friend and then asking him to put her phone into her vagina.

Was that part of the skit, or was he in a skit, and then some drunk asshole just did all that on her own?

Cuz that'd make a pretty funny skit, too, actually, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:35 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

separate things:

Girl was super drunk, ate his straw wrapper (because she wanted fries), licked his plate for chocolate, wanted a selfie with him, and then asked him to put her phone into her "pussy" because "there is nothing wrong with a woman knowing what she wants".

Then, after she was kicked out?, my friend got to play TarterAppleSauceBaseball Skywalker, the strongest user of the force, and most retarded being ever born, as he was the incest love child of Luke and Liea.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:56 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

I posted a shit ton in these forums TO GIVE THEM MOTHER FUCKING LIFE.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:22 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

More of an ongoing thing, than a "today" thing....but I've been talking and hanging out with this lady a bit. She is pretty cool. Things seem to be progressing into us going on a date or something at some point. Like, her friends are starting to vibe towards me that she is into me and I should ask her out.

I don't know, though. I'm kind of hung up on the age. She is 21. While I'm only 28, that just feels like a big age gap. I think my younger sister being 21 is the thing that really has me in a loop about it. "Hey, you might know this girl from your graduation class". Something about that....

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:59 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I've never really understood the "I can't date her, she's young enough to be my little sister/old enough to be my mom" argument.

Like, I don't have an opposite-sex sibling, so maybe it's just something I can't understand, but like, I assume that the age difference is not the primary reason you don't have sex with your younger sister, correct? There's other factors going on there. If she was the same age as you, you still would not be banging your sister, I'd assume. So, if someone is the same age as her, it's not really particularly gross or weird in any similar way to if you had sex with your sister, right? :coookieesssss:

Anyway, for a more serious response, I think you should go for it. People in their twenties tend to vary a LOT in terms of maturity. If you think she's someone you can be happy hanging out with and not feel like you're babysitting, but actually engaging with a peer, then I think age shouldn't really be a factor as long as she's, you know, a legal adult and stuff.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:08 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

my main baseline in this sort of thinking is the maturity level. My sister's isn't high, and her friends (+ her) have sort of put a narrow field of view on that particular age group. We're going to an arcade and probably dinner sometime this weekend, and our local theater started up an open mic night her and I both want to check out. It'll either be cringe-worthy or surprisingly good. More than likely, mixes of the extremes.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:34 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Good luck, man.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:16 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bought all the Amiibos today. Ugh, my Nintendo fandom. On the opposite side, I have all these awesome looking amiibo. I'm also adult enough to have managed my money and had the excess that this is something I can afford. The back part of that is something that is still a bit new and strange to me sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:42 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Forgot to cancel a trial to Audible....so now I have Ready Player One, American Gods, and Patton Oswalt's Silver-Screen Fiend on audio book. Should be an enjoyable listen. Also, got tickets to Who's Bad the Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute band for July 10th, the night before I'm going to Competitive Erotic Fan Fiction, and on the 11th a friend is getting married. That'll be a fun weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23