neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:29 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

Cup ramen > Bag ramen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:36 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

mmmmmm

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:01 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I like getting like 4 bricks of ramen and tossing them all in a large pot spaghetti style, cooking them all the way, with the seasoning (almost always shrimp flavor) then draing them tosing them back into the pot with a little butter and a couple bags of crab and lobster meat (real if i can afford ti faux if i cant) and heating all that up for a badass cheap seafood pasta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:16 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheBatman wrote:
Cup ramen > Bag ramen

true, but any ramen at all >>> any other cheap meal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:58 pm 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

gimp wrote:

mmmmmm

It seems to me that these ramen noodles are far superior to other ramen noodles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:46 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

ZeldaWhore wrote:
gimp wrote:

mmmmmm

It seems to me that these ramen noodles are far superior to other ramen noodles...

They're not ramen they're Mi Goreng, an Indonesian noodle dish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi_goreng

There has to be some benefit to being so close to Indonesia. :P

I have three packets of these in my room right now, I have to hide them so noone else eats them.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:25 am 
Koopa Paratroopa
Koopa Paratroopa

you can buy a big ass bag of pancakes to keep in the freezer for really cheap. i forgot waht they are called but talking about them makes me want to get some, so i'll edit with name after i eat. they take 1 minute and 15 seconds to microwave and slop em with peanut butter and syrup.

I have found that teh chickies are also particularly fond of the wii, even though I'm not at college yet. When I go to parties my friends tell people I have one and we always end up going back to my place and playing wario ware or some shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:18 am 
He who has seen beyond the veil

Edit: This is nikki btw, I didn't realize until after I posted that I had forgotten to log out/log in as myself.

Since I was one of the ones that did the whole "go to a community college, live at home and deal with the comute" the only advice I can give is get a job within 5 miles of whichever school you chose so it makes it worth while when you have class...because then you are being paid to drive there! Since I was entered into the PSEO program at my college I didn't want to deal with all the yahoos in the dorm life and I wanted my free ride at college to be nice and relaxing. Also living at home = cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:06 am 
keyboard swinging neskimite

Well with me heading back to school in a few weeks, I figured I would go ahead and post something. So far I have lived on campus for 4 semesters, and am planning on spending my remaining 3 there as well.
Also, i'm pretty sure some of these topics have been covered, but I"m being to lazy to compare my post to others.

Keep your door open: I've lived in New Hall (they finally named it, this semester, but it will always be New Hall, to those who have lived in it) which is a suite style living. In other words 2 separate rooms linked by a bathroom and 2 people per room. Normally everyone has their door closed and it seems more like apartments where no one knows each other. Get out their and be social. The Wii was a great way to meet new people. People would walk by and more or less be intrigued and it was a good ice breaker.

Work: If possible, try and get a job on campus. Since you already live on campus, you should have no reason to drive to work, which will save you some gas money. Plus if you can find the right campus job, they tend to be really flexible with your schedule. I lost track of the times I called in to take care of assignments, and the boss is completely cool about it. Plus with working for the gov. (depending on college), I noticed hardly any taxes being taken out of my check.

Go to class: Honestly your paying for classes so go to them. In my 4 semesters, i have only missed approximately 3 classes (alarm, sick and stuck at home due to vehicle problems). Your there for an education and some professors will alter grades based on attendance. I've had a class where for every 3 days you missed, you dropped a letter grade.

Have fun but know limits: This doesn't mean go out and get wasted every night. I've seen my room mate pretty messed up at times. And the following days for him is never good. I have yet to drink (straight-edge :)), but there are other things to do besides drinking. You can still go to the parties and just have fun with friends.

Socialize: College is alot more enjoyable if you know alot of people. Sadly enough, i spent alot of time in my dorm, talking to my then gf over AIM or the phone. Looking back, i wish i would have got out a bit more and I see these up coming semesters being a bit different for me.

Scheduling: Pick a major and stick with it. I know alot of universities allow switching of majors and all that, but once you've decided stick with it. The longer your there the more money the college gets from you, so of course they will let you change. Have a game plan walking in and stick with it. I decided before going that I was going to do computer networking and telecommunications, and after this semester, I will be done with all but like 1 or 2 of the classes. Which that leaves my general courses for the remaining 2, which should make for a easy few years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:27 am 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

This is a sweet thread, tis my last year of high school :( I guarantee I actually remember these things in college and think back to this thead, assuming i still decide i want to go.

How many of us are graduating this year? I'm starting a thread, i'm curious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:07 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I thought you were only one year behind me in school...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:47 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Graduated last year. College isn't that scary. Just like High school but less Clique-y, and I can wake up at noon and do night classes instead of lametarded 9 am every morning. Yay!

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:58 pm 
The so-called robot with admin powers

College is a cakeride, University therefore is something else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:26 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

BlackHeart wrote:
College is a cakeride, University therefore is something else.

There's a difference?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:43 pm 

the scholar system is probably different down there but here we have

Elementary>Highschool>College>University

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:05 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

so university is like grad school...?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:08 pm 

If you can get bachelor and master degrees there then yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:55 am 
Resident Poet Laureate

YOUR WAYS ARE MOST STRANGE, FROSTMAN!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:59 am 

ಠ_ಠ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:50 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate

I reckon this would be a good place for this. I need a wiiiiiide array of opinions on my personal statement for my application to Seattle's Cornish College of the Arts. Any and all of your thoughts will help.

Here's the full instructions: Please describe your prior education and involvment in your art form. Describe the work you do and what influences it. What are your artistic goals, what are your passions and what has led you to pursue a career in the field? How will attending Cornish College of the Arts contribute to your plans and aspirations?

Here's what I've got:

My relationship with computerized abstraction began in my sophomore year, wherein I found myself cast into the dungeon of Graphic Arts I-II. I felt hopeless, subject to the axiomatic wrath of a lazy and grossly incompetent instructor who would retreat daily into this office, no doubt in preparation for some dark ritual. I was left to fend for myself, shackled to an expensive Macintosh computer with Adobe CS2 gnashing its toothy maw at my efforts. In the cryptic silence of that lab I managed to lasso the monstrosity and tame it to perform my will. Breaking the beast was painful and at times seemed to be a hopeless endeavor, but I can now boast that it serves me in all of my artistic adventures.

I would call the main body of my work “illustration”. The concept Autumnaton was conceived out of some unknown abyss, though I believe it surfaced somewhere in the blackened depths of the classroom. Two years have passed, and the legions of sad robots still follow me. I have tried to record the tale with words, though I now see that there are some things that simply can not be grasped properly by the human mind through language. The melancholy machines dwell all throughout my art, and I feel that they will have to live there until I can piece together their entire saga. Words may accompany them at that time, but considering the nature of my mind I can not promise their freedom. In the end I hope to see the entire picture spilled from my brain onto the pages of a graphic novel or some other media. I can only be content when the metal monstrosities are known and feared throughout the land as the children of my noxious mind. Infamy will be my prize, for as long as I place one oil-stained handprint on the tapestry of history I will be satisfied, my thirst for power quenched. Beyond that, I hope to donate the occasional oddity to publication or exhibition, hopefully in exchange for some manner of currency that I can support my decadent lifestyle with. I wish to be an artist in the old sense.

However, I am poorly armed at this time. Despite the pride I keep in my self attained skills there is nothing that can replace a sterling education. I wish to enhance my artistic arsenal, perhaps even beyond the realm of my mind where dark creatures dwell. I see vast quantities of knowledge on the horizon, and I hold that Cornish will fill my head with it until it oozes from the brim. There is a lingering feeling of excitement surrounding the prospect. Cornish may very well be the educational magnetic accelerator cannon to my artistic 50mm tungsten slug. I hope to see myself locked, loaded, and fired through the high-caliber barrel of merciless art instruction and into the shielded hull of the good ship Status Quo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:59 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i'd probably throw something in there describing your style a little more. eg; cubist, minimalist, ect. and also what influences them, weather its personal conflict, organic form, . . .

aside from those two small things i think it looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:38 pm 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG you guys are hillarious. LOL

dudes, picking up girls with the NES hehe, if you want a real chick that actually does enjoy playing video games, use an xbox 360 and play gears of war and halo 3! Now, this coming from a me, a girl's point of view (because, i am a girl) i'm a sophomore in college and I play my xbox all the time. and OMG, that is how i met my boyfriend who lives 4 doors down from me. We've been dating for a year tomorrow and we play halo 3 all the time and i just got him another year of xbox live for xmas. now don't get me wrong, the occasional super smash bros on the gamecube is nice, and soon one of us is getting a wii for brawl. I have my N64 in my room, playing goldeneye brings in a crowd all the time. I also have my NES in my dorm room as well as my Super NES and i do play them but, not as much as my 360. I have a nice HDTV and yeah, it makes college awesome.

anyway, then again, i am no ordinary prissy plastic barbie girl. I snowboard, play softball, soccer, swim and i even played football in high school for a year as a wide out and a corner back. I'm not fat, and not ugly and i don't party or smoke (i think drinking is dumb). I just like guy stuff more then girl stuff and my boyfriend and i enjoy playing xbox together, going paintballing and... other stuff =P We also enjoy playing magic (the card game) and warhammer 40k... and i do enjoy heavy metal and rock... why else would i be a part of this site! The NESkimos are teh awesome. If you really want to find the girls that actually enjoy the gaming and aren't faking it, good luck, because there aren't many out there, and play the hardcore games and never say a girl sucks at video games ever. I'm a happy level 43 in lone wolves in halo 3. And... um... yeah, hope you guys find the girl you're looking for.

(oh, and do your homework, i might play games all the time, but i still get A's and B's... which helps unless you want to get kicked out of college)

}

ahh, the infinit loopage...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:08 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Tits or GTFO.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

youre a girl? in that case, agreed with bats.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:15 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

BowserFool wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG you guys are hillarious. LOL

dudes, picking up girls with the NES hehe, if you want a real chick that actually does enjoy playing video games, use an xbox 360 and play gears of war and halo 3! Now, this coming from a me, a girl's point of view (because, i am a girl) i'm a sophomore in college and I play my xbox all the time. and OMG, that is how i met my boyfriend who lives 4 doors down from me. We've been dating for a year tomorrow and we play halo 3 all the time and i just got him another year of xbox live for xmas. now don't get me wrong, the occasional super smash bros on the gamecube is nice, and soon one of us is getting a wii for brawl. I have my N64 in my room, playing goldeneye brings in a crowd all the time. I also have my NES in my dorm room as well as my Super NES and i do play them but, not as much as my 360. I have a nice HDTV and yeah, it makes college awesome.

anyway, then again, i am no ordinary prissy plastic barbie girl. I snowboard, play softball, soccer, swim and i even played football in high school for a year as a wide out and a corner back. I'm not fat, and not ugly and i don't party or smoke (i think drinking is dumb). I just like guy stuff more then girl stuff and my boyfriend and i enjoy playing xbox together, going paintballing and... other stuff =P We also enjoy playing magic (the card game) and warhammer 40k... and i do enjoy heavy metal and rock... why else would i be a part of this site! The NESkimos are teh awesome. If you really want to find the girls that actually enjoy the gaming and aren't faking it, good luck, because there aren't many out there, and play the hardcore games and never say a girl sucks at video games ever. I'm a happy level 43 in lone wolves in halo 3. And... um... yeah, hope you guys find the girl you're looking for.

(oh, and do your homework, i might play games all the time, but i still get A's and B's... which helps unless you want to get kicked out of college)

Unless, y'know, we'd prefer to display the games and activities we personally enjoy, in order to draw in females with similar interests, rather than displaying a set of criteria apparently designed by you to pick up girls who are like you.

And yes.
Tits or GTFO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next