neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:51 am 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17391
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
The ultimate arguing session begins between blamesum and I

Quote:
[00:08] illblamesum1else: or YOU can not give me warnings for thinnngs that are CLEARLY not meant to be flamebaiting.
[00:08] ChainsawDemon666: you have to win a SFA3 match against Guy
[00:08] ChainsawDemon666: :P
[00:09] ChainsawDemon666: yes I can
[00:09] ChainsawDemon666: because I'm detective john kimble
[00:09] illblamesum1else: oh yeah, well I'M A DOCTOR!
[00:10] ChainsawDemon666: like doctor house
[00:10] ChainsawDemon666: which sucks ass
[00:10] ChainsawDemon666: or scrubs
[00:10] ChainsawDemon666: which is the worst show ever
[00:10] ChainsawDemon666: either way
[00:10] illblamesum1else: NO U.
[00:10] ChainsawDemon666: bad television
[00:11] illblamesum1else: i <3 scrubs. hate pretty much every other hospital drama beause they take themselves WAAAAY too seriously.
[00:11] ChainsawDemon666: Ehhh
[00:11] ChainsawDemon666: They're basing themselves too much on comedy
[00:11] ChainsawDemon666: its like sabrina the teenage witch
[00:11] ChainsawDemon666: but in an hospital
[00:11] illblamesum1else: like greys anatomy. i dont see why people think its a good show
[00:11] ChainsawDemon666: never heard of it
[00:12] illblamesum1else: PLEASE dont compare scrubs to sabrina.
[00:12] ChainsawDemon666: Dude
[00:12] ChainsawDemon666: its the same thing
[00:12] illblamesum1else: scrubs has pretty much better everything. writing, acting, directing....
[00:12] illblamesum1else: not at all
[00:12] ChainsawDemon666: it just needed a talking cat
[00:13] ChainsawDemon666: but that'd be entirely plagism
[00:13] illblamesum1else: ok now i think youre just TRYING to piss me off.
[00:13] ChainsawDemon666: on that note i'm serious
[00:13] ChainsawDemon666: have you ever watched Sabrina the teenage witch?
[00:13] illblamesum1else: yes. i used to have to sit through it when my sister used to watch it.
[00:13] illblamesum1else: the two have NOTHING in common
[00:14] ChainsawDemon666: well they do have puny jokes
[00:14] ChainsawDemon666: and sometimes flashbacks of garbage
[00:14] illblamesum1else: except they both have a blond chick and a darkhaired guy.
[00:14] ChainsawDemon666: and stereotypes
[00:15] illblamesum1else: my friends mom works in a hospital. she said she and all her coworkers agree that scrubs is the most acurate depiction of what working in a hospital is REALLY like.
[00:15] illblamesum1else: which kind of scares me, with some of the stuff that they do on that show....
[00:15] ChainsawDemon666: I mean if scrubs knew magic they'd be using the same scenarios as sabrina the teenage witch except that some places would have some changes
[00:16] ChainsawDemon666: yeah like golf on the rooftop
[00:16] illblamesum1else: yeah, but the magic is like, the main focus of sabrina
[00:16] ChainsawDemon666: like hospital is the main focus of scrubs
[00:16] ChainsawDemon666: except that scrubs writing isn't worth a dime
[00:16] illblamesum1else: thats like saying if the simpsons was much more violent it would be EXACTLY like death nore, because theyre both cartoons.
[00:17] illblamesum1else: *note
[00:17] ChainsawDemon666: well I've never seen death note
[00:17] illblamesum1else: me either, just using it as an example, because i know what its about and the style of show it is
[00:17] ChainsawDemon666: But don't you agree that if Scrubs knew magic it'd be entirely the same
[00:18] illblamesum1else: not at all
[00:18] ChainsawDemon666: except for the talking cat and better scripting
[00:18] illblamesum1else: i see scrubs as more of a live action family guy set in a hospital (early family guy)
[00:18] illblamesum1else: not quite as random, but full of pop culture references
[00:18] ChainsawDemon666: bad ones at that IMO
[00:18] ChainsawDemon666: I tried to watch it though, I really did
[00:19] ChainsawDemon666: I guess it's just not for me
[00:19] ChainsawDemon666: kinda like when everyone was all for Buffy
[00:19] illblamesum1else: scrubs pulls it off better than family guy does. at least the earlier seasons
[00:19] illblamesum1else: i hated buffy.
[00:19] ChainsawDemon666: same here
[00:19] illblamesum1else: tv show based on a horrible early 90s movie....
[00:19] ChainsawDemon666: or Charmed
[00:19] illblamesum1else: who thought that was a good idea?
[00:19] ChainsawDemon666: I don't know
[00:19] ChainsawDemon666: but it lasted quite a while
[00:20] illblamesum1else: charmed and buffy both took themselves way too seriously.
[00:20] ChainsawDemon666: Yeah
[00:20] ChainsawDemon666: I had to watch charmed because my EX liked that crap
[00:20] illblamesum1else: both had potential to be decent imo too. but they went WAY overboard with EVERYTHING.
[00:21] ChainsawDemon666: yeah and sometimes went way too kiddy
[00:21] illblamesum1else: yeah
[00:21] ChainsawDemon666: I mean, buffy could've died like a thousand times
[00:21] ChainsawDemon666: but the vampires were too much pussies
[00:22] illblamesum1else: i mean, with scrubs, i can understand not liking it because the humor can be a bit random at times. its not the kind of show that EVERYONE would like. i just think comparing it to sabrina is a HUGE stretch and exaggeration.
[00:22] illblamesum1else: btw i own all 6 seasons of scrubs so far....
[00:22] ChainsawDemon666: I find them both equal honestly
[00:23] ChainsawDemon666: you have to admit that a talking cat would be exactly the same
[00:23] illblamesum1else: you cant just throw one element into another show and call them similar
[00:23] illblamesum1else: theres really no similarities between the two in terms of writing, directing, acting, or even style of show
[00:24] ChainsawDemon666: You think?
[00:24] ChainsawDemon666: Why can I come to such conclusion then
[00:24] ChainsawDemon666: I could've compared it to buffy but that doesn't make sense
[00:24] illblamesum1else: neither does sabrina
[00:24] illblamesum1else: the only thing they have in common is that theyre both comedies.
[00:25] ChainsawDemon666: and one needs a talking cat amongst the technical stuff like better concept and scripting
[00:25] illblamesum1else: you cant draw any parallels between characters or events in the shows because theyre completely different
[00:25] ChainsawDemon666: you're just defending your show now
[00:25] illblamesum1else: no...
[00:26] illblamesum1else: point out some legitimate similarities between characters from one show to another.
[00:26] illblamesum1else: that actually make sense
[00:26] ChainsawDemon666: alright
[00:27] illblamesum1else: just because you dislike the two equally does not mean the styles and/or contents of the shows are similar
[00:27] ChainsawDemon666: Donald Faison
[00:27] ChainsawDemon666: he played in Sabrina the teenage witch
[00:27] illblamesum1else: hes black. so is the cat.
[00:27] ChainsawDemon666: as the comedic relief
[00:27] ChainsawDemon666: is he in scrubs?
[00:27] ChainsawDemon666: YES
[00:27] ChainsawDemon666: he was called Dashiell
[00:27] illblamesum1else: thats not what i mean as "parallels"
[00:28] ChainsawDemon666: Theres that episode in which Sabrina is in the hospital and battered and bruised because she received a basketball net on the face
[00:29] illblamesum1else: and scrubs takes place in a hospital...?
[00:29] ChainsawDemon666: when she's at the hopital she points out alot of "funny" things about hospitals
[00:29] ChainsawDemon666: and comes up with alot of liches
[00:29] ChainsawDemon666: *cliches
[00:30] ChainsawDemon666: it just all adds up
[00:30] illblamesum1else: no it doesnt
[00:30] ChainsawDemon666: Scrubs based a bit on sabrina the teenage witch
[00:30] ChainsawDemon666: not to say alot
[00:30] illblamesum1else: and im not just defending a show i like. i honestly fail to see any connection between the two.
[00:30] ChainsawDemon666: well I've elabored alot and you're denying it
[00:31] illblamesum1else: because theyre not solid arguments.
[00:31] ChainsawDemon666: a solid argument would be having sabrina herself in it?
[00:31] ChainsawDemon666: that'd make things funnier
[00:31] illblamesum1else: theyre all very thin, forced arguments to make your point more valid
[00:31] illblamesum1else: no
[00:31] ChainsawDemon666: not at all
[00:32] illblamesum1else: a solid argument would be something that COULDNT be bullshitted and said about pretty much any show.
[00:32] illblamesum1else: EVERY sitcom has cliches
[00:32] ChainsawDemon666: not every single one of them
[00:32] illblamesum1else: majority of sitcoms have at least one episode in a hospital
[00:32] ChainsawDemon666: But you have to admit
[00:32] ChainsawDemon666: in terms of mediocrity
[00:33] ChainsawDemon666: both has the same level
[00:33] illblamesum1else: not at all.
[00:33] ChainsawDemon666: The writing is way too corny
[00:34] illblamesum1else: but where th writing in scrubs is corny, it works because it fits the events and personalities of the characters in it. corny writing fits a huge nerd like jd.
[00:34] ChainsawDemon666: like in sabrina the teenage witch
[00:34] ChainsawDemon666: see?
[00:34] illblamesum1else: the writing in sabrina was sooooo forced that pretty much everyone i know sat there GROANING at every freaking joke because it was just so BAD.
[00:35] ChainsawDemon666: like scrubs
[00:35] illblamesum1else: lately, yes i could agree. alot of season 6 and most of season 7 wasnt exactly the best written stuff on tv.
[00:35] ChainsawDemon666: that must've been what I watched
[00:36] illblamesum1else: and season 4 kind of sucked too.
[00:36] illblamesum1else: but 1 2 3 5 and about half of 6 fit with the characters so well.
[00:36] ChainsawDemon666: it was that episode about someone named Jill Tracy or something
[00:37] ChainsawDemon666: I couldn't get a single giggle
[00:37] illblamesum1else: it does have its moments when its forced, but i will admit that it definitely has gone downhill. and as much as i want the 8th season to start, at the same time imm kinda mad the writer strike prevented them from ending this past season.
[00:38] illblamesum1else: because the show will probably go out on a low note.
[00:38] ChainsawDemon666: like sabrina the teenage witch when it was renamed "Sabrina goes to college"
[00:39] ChainsawDemon666: next thing you know they'll rename the new season "The doctors"
[00:39] ChainsawDemon666: like sabrina
[00:39] illblamesum1else: except scrubs is less (and i hate using this word because my friend uses it all the time) campy.
[00:39] ChainsawDemon666: campy?
[00:39] ChainsawDemon666: meaning?
[00:39] illblamesum1else: sabrina always seemed to me that it was almost INTENTIONALLY making fun of itself
[00:39] ChainsawDemon666: scrubs does too
[00:39] illblamesum1else: not nearly as much
[00:40] ChainsawDemon666: but it has it's similarities
[00:40] illblamesum1else: i still fail to see any similarities that ar strong enough to call the two shows similar
[00:40] ChainsawDemon666: i'm not saying they both have sabrina the teenage witch in the show
[00:40] ChainsawDemon666: just that it has different points that are similar
[00:40] illblamesum1else: and im not saying they should
[00:41] illblamesum1else: i just fail to see any strong similarities between the two
[00:41] ChainsawDemon666: now if Sabrina the teenage witch was in it I'd probably watch it
[00:41] illblamesum1else: at the very most, the only similarity i see is the "will-they-wont-they" between jd and elliot
[00:41] illblamesum1else: and similar relationship with sabrina and harvey
[00:42] ChainsawDemon666: Sabrina was a slut seriously
[00:42] illblamesum1else: but again, thats someting that can be said about most shows
[00:42] ChainsawDemon666: she used to date harvey and then some other guy on a motorcycle
[00:42] ChainsawDemon666: see
[00:42] ChainsawDemon666: there is some similarities
[00:42] illblamesum1else: but theyre similarities that can easily be said about majority of shows on tv.
[00:43] ChainsawDemon666: not all of them
[00:43] ChainsawDemon666: as far as I'm concerned theres no vampires in scrubs
[00:43] illblamesum1else: i didnt say all. i said majority
[00:43] illblamesum1else: youre arguing in circles here.
[00:43] illblamesum1else: you keep avoiding my point
[00:43] ChainsawDemon666: not at all
[00:43] ChainsawDemon666: your point is defending your show
[00:43] ChainsawDemon666: i'm just trying to make you understand that it has it's similarities
[00:43] ChainsawDemon666: even you admitted it
[00:43] ChainsawDemon666: and now you're denying it
[00:44] illblamesum1else: no, my point is that there are no similarities that make scrubs and sabrina more alike than any other two shows on tv
[00:44] ChainsawDemon666: there is alot of similarities but there is surely others that beats them
[00:44] ChainsawDemon666: it can't be on top
[00:44] ChainsawDemon666: nor can Sarah michelle-gellar
[00:44] ChainsawDemon666: har har
[00:45] illblamesum1else: completely differnt themes and events, completely different styles of writing, completely different personalities in the characters, hell theyre not even shot in the same style
[00:45] ChainsawDemon666: hold it
[00:45] ChainsawDemon666: the writing is similar
[00:45] illblamesum1else: sabrina was a studio set-up with multiple cameras and laughtracks/audience
[00:45] ChainsawDemon666: and the style, it's obviously different since sabrina has more age than scrubs
[00:46] illblamesum1else: age has nothing to do with it. not with what i mean by style
[00:46] ChainsawDemon666: what do you mean by style
[00:46] illblamesum1else: i mean between multicamera-studio style
[00:46] illblamesum1else: and single camera
[00:46] ChainsawDemon666: oh, that style
[00:46] ChainsawDemon666: it's different
[00:47] ChainsawDemon666: amongst a vast majority of points which arent
[00:48] illblamesum1else: i fail to see any similarities in the writing as well.
[00:49] illblamesum1else: but that might also be due in part to the difference in acting ability and styles
[00:49] illblamesum1else: IMO, scrubs is a much more well acted show
[00:49] ChainsawDemon666: Acting is completely the same
[00:49] ChainsawDemon666: if you see JD and harvey
[00:49] ChainsawDemon666: they're both awful actors
[00:50] illblamesum1else: zach braff is by no means awful.
[00:50] illblamesum1else: mediocre, i can agree with
[00:50] illblamesum1else: but i have seen some AWFUL actors before
[00:50] ChainsawDemon666: well awful was a bit too much
[00:50] ChainsawDemon666: but mediocre is what I was aiming for
[00:51] ChainsawDemon666: I swear, if we played both shows at the same time i'd probably hear the same joke
[00:51] illblamesum1else: neil flynn, john c. mcginley, and the guy that plays bob kelso who's name i forget, can outact anyone on sabrina
[00:51] illblamesum1else: unfortunately, theyre not the main characters though.....
[00:52] illblamesum1else: but sarah chalk, judy reyes, and donald faison could probably hold their own as well
[00:52] ChainsawDemon666: that they could!
[00:52] ChainsawDemon666: just like sabrina the teenage witch could do without sabrina
[00:53] illblamesum1else: zach braff IS the least talented of the entire cast, but on average, even with him considered, i think the quality of acting provided by everyone on that show is higher than sabrina
[00:53] ChainsawDemon666: but you have to admit that they all show up the same mediocrity as the cast of Sabrina
[00:54] illblamesum1else: on occasion, but again, almost every actor on every show has an off episode.
[00:54] ChainsawDemon666: see, you're pointing the globality of shows again
[00:55] illblamesum1else: i found t he performances on sabrina to be less convincing and more mediocre much more often than those of the cast of scrubs
[00:56] ChainsawDemon666: but at least salem had some potential
[00:56] ChainsawDemon666: and that midget that played in are you afraid of the dark
[00:56] ChainsawDemon666: he's a barrel of laughs
[00:56] illblamesum1else: i think youre only arguing for sabrina because it had a talking cat.
[00:56] ChainsawDemon666: Not at all
[00:56] ChainsawDemon666: I couldn't care less about talking cats
[00:57] ChainsawDemon666: i'm not involving luna from sailormoon
[01:02] ChainsawDemon666: and that concludes my theory
[01:02] ChainsawDemon666: :)
[01:03] illblamesum1else: im not arguing that you should like scrubs. im just arguing that there really arent any similarities that make them more similar than any other shows on tv.
[01:04] illblamesum1else: the similarities that DO exist are so miniscule that they dont even matter.
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: they're not minuscule
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: even you admitted it earlier
[01:04] illblamesum1else: when?
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: there is strong parallels
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: earlier
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: I dont feel like catching it back
[01:04] illblamesum1else: because its not there
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: i've proven my point like 38536583965 times
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: its there
[01:04] ChainsawDemon666: hold on
[01:05] illblamesum1else: because your definition of parallels is complletely different from mine
[01:05] ChainsawDemon666: [00:41] illblamesum1else: at the very most, the only similarity i see is the "will-they-wont-they" between jd and elliot
[00:41] illblamesum1else: and similar relationship with sabrina and harvey
[01:05] illblamesum1else: which i pointed out is a major theme in a TON of other shows
[01:05] ChainsawDemon666: in globality
[01:05] ChainsawDemon666: wtf
[01:05] ChainsawDemon666: what happened to my text
[01:06] ChainsawDemon666: oh well
[01:06] illblamesum1else: which goes back to my point that theres no similarities that make them more alike than any other two shows on tv.
[01:06] ChainsawDemon666: now you're arguing in circles
[01:06] illblamesum1else: therefore, the similarities are miniscule in that regard.
[01:06] illblamesum1else: no, youre twisting my words around and omitting the rest of my argument
[01:07] ChainsawDemon666: not at all
[01:07] ChainsawDemon666: i'm just mentionning that you're trying to defend a point with nothing but feble arguments
[01:07] illblamesum1else: which is exactly what youre doing
[01:07] ChainsawDemon666: not at all
[01:08] illblamesum1else: my argument is that anything that can be said to support your arguments of the similarities of the two shows are common themes amongs a very vast amount of television shows
[01:08] illblamesum1else: thats not arguing in circles
[01:09] ChainsawDemon666: you just wont admit that a show like sabrina can be like your favorite show ever
[01:10] illblamesum1else: thats pointing out that your argument is attempting to zone in 2 very specifics in a near limitless number of potential shows and/or movies
[01:10] illblamesum1else: if given time, anyone can do the same with any 2 shows
[01:10] ChainsawDemon666: like scrubs did compared to Sabrina
[01:10] illblamesum1else: there just arent enough similarities to say that the shows are "basically the same"
[01:11] illblamesum1else: because if you argue it that way, then every show on television is "basically the same"
[01:11] ChainsawDemon666: Not at all
[01:11] ChainsawDemon666: if I did, Reboot would be like Pokemon
[01:11] ChainsawDemon666: which is entirely false and absurd
[01:12] illblamesum1else: again, if you get someone willing to argue the point enough, im sure it could be done
[01:12] ChainsawDemon666: I doubt it
[01:12] ChainsawDemon666: I can't see anything related
[01:12] ChainsawDemon666: nothing as flagrant as Sabrina and scrubs
[01:12] illblamesum1else: but theres nothing FLAGRANT about sabrina and scrubs
[01:13] illblamesum1else: thats what i'm trying to say, and you have yet to give a solid answer to that, aside from "cheesy writing"
[01:13] illblamesum1else: and even at that, its a weak argument because although both may be corny, theyre both written very different
[01:14] ChainsawDemon666: dude
[01:14] ChainsawDemon666: we've been arguing for an hour
[01:14] illblamesum1else: if anything the writing and directing in scrubs mirrors spin city, which could probably be attributed to the same creator and many of the same writers
[01:14] ChainsawDemon666: I kept on proving points times and times again
[01:14] illblamesum1else: and so have i
[01:14] ChainsawDemon666: I guess it comes equal
[01:15] illblamesum1else: the way i see it, scrubs and sabrina are completely differnt shows....
[01:15] ChainsawDemon666: they aren't
[01:15] ChainsawDemon666: you just wont admit it
[01:16] illblamesum1else: if someone did manage to draw similarities between reboot and pokemon and bring it up to you, youd be making the same argument i'm making now
[01:16] ChainsawDemon666: not at all
[01:16] ChainsawDemon666: if it really had strong points like I did
[01:16] ChainsawDemon666: i'd be convinced
[01:16] illblamesum1else: ...
[01:16] illblamesum1else: BUT YOU DIDNT.
[01:16] ChainsawDemon666: but act like a complete fanboy
[01:17] illblamesum1else: the only thing that could even be CONSIDERED a solid point was something that was brought up be ME.
[01:17] ChainsawDemon666: you're the solid point?
[01:18] illblamesum1else: no, the only thing that could be considered a solid point in your argument on similarity is the relationships between jd and elliot, and sabrina and harvey. and you werent even the one to point that out.
[01:18] ChainsawDemon666: and the scripting
[01:18] ChainsawDemon666: and the jokes
[01:18] illblamesum1else: the scripting and jokes are nothing alike
[01:18] ChainsawDemon666: and the mediocrity of the dialogs
[01:19] ChainsawDemon666: and themes
[01:19] ChainsawDemon666: and lack of a talking cat
[01:19] illblamesum1else: scrubs relies much more on sight gags (again, like spin city) and sabrina was more (in my opinion, very forced) dialogue based
[01:20] ChainsawDemon666: never seen spin city
[01:20] ChainsawDemon666: thats still your personal opinion
[01:20] ChainsawDemon666: not solid facts
[01:20] illblamesum1else: sabrina was much more mediocre in dialogue writing. scrubs' dialogue sounds very close to actual conversations that people have. its just more natural
[01:21] ChainsawDemon666: very close?
[01:21] ChainsawDemon666: I can certainly say that it's not
[01:21] ChainsawDemon666: it's jokes after punchlines
[01:21] ChainsawDemon666: like sabrina
[01:21] illblamesum1else: with the exception of jd's random daydreams because hes an idiot.
[01:21] ChainsawDemon666: like harvey


we've argued for an hour and 20 mins.

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:39 am 
Offline
VAN DAMMAGE
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm
Posts: 9336
Location: Gotham City
My god BH, your arguments are so bad and nonsensical that the quality of blamesum's points gradually degrade as the argument goes on.

The only thing those shows have in common is that they both fit into the sitcom genre.

Let me try.

Speed racer and Fast and the Furious are practically the same because of silly dialog and cars.

Take the monkey away from Speed Racer and Vin Diesel away from F&F and you've got the same shit. PROVE ME WRONG.

_________________
Image


Last edited by TheBatman on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:56 am 
Offline
Thwomp
Thwomp
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 1488
TheBatman wrote:
My god BH, your arguments are so bad and nonsensical that the quality of blamesum's points gradually degrade as the argument goes on.

The only thing those shows have in common is that they both fit into the sitcom genre.

Let me try.

Speed racer and Fast and the Furious are practically the same because of silly dialog and cars.

Tale the monkey away from Speed Racer and Vin Diesel away from F&F and you've got the same shit. PROVE ME WRONG.

That arguement's stupid, you're stupid.


Going on a tangent here has anyone else noticed the similarities between the neskimos and the minibosses? I mean I can hardly tell them apart.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:25 am 
Offline
VAN DAMMAGE
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm
Posts: 9336
Location: Gotham City
:awesome: and :buddy: are like the same thing, I mean come on.

And Christ, look at :psyduck: and :wotwot: ! Why do we even have both of these?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:28 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
I have only one problem with scrubs: every episode has the same pattern. Musical montage with a voice over monologue.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Last edited by Nameless88 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
Quote:
2. No posting IM or PM conversations.
This is not only a breach of privacy, but it is also incredibly annoying. Most people are not going to want to wade through an IM conversation you had with someone.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:30 am 
Offline
VAN DAMMAGE
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm
Posts: 9336
Location: Gotham City
Nameless88 wrote:
I have only one problem with scrubs: every episode has the same pattern. Musical montage with a voice over monologue.


Yeah, I've only seen a few episodes of Scrubs, but they all seemed pretty formulaic.

But then again, what sitcom isn't?

_________________
Image


Last edited by TheBatman on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:30 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Voice over monologue. With a lame song playing in the background, and it's always a montage of people all BAWW over their problems.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:46 am 
Offline
KSK Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Orange Park
i hate doctor shows.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:51 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:34 pm
Posts: 9147
Location: One Day's Brain Flight From Earth
Nameless88 wrote:
Voice over monologue. With a lame song playing in the background, and it's always a montage of people all BAWW over their problems.



=-=-=-=-

yeah they rip on themselves about that later on alot

also


I Hate all the bands you like

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:46 am 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14670
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
TheBatman wrote:
Yeah, I've only seen a few episodes of Scrubs, but they all seemed pretty formulaic.

But then again, what sitcom isn't?


This is the only thing here to make sense.

Scrubs is a regular sitcom and some people like it, such as myself, and some people don't, such as BH.

If you like a TV show you like it and that's all there is to it. You find it funny, you like its writing, you like its characters, whatever. If you don't like a TV show then obviously you aren't going to agree on the quality of the aforementioned things.

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 8668
wow I didn't read all of that and it was like my friend trying to argue with me over how the PS3 is the best console ever and I kept proving him wrong with sales figures and editorial reviews, and he was like "O STFU UR ON M$'S DICK LOL!" "360 CAME OUT B 4 PS3 LOL!" Then why is the wii out selling both consoles "CUZ ITS CHEAPER LOL, WII IS GAY N E WAY LOL"...and I hate to say this...but BH you're my ps3 loving friend in this conversation...

_________________
ImageImage
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:06 am 
Offline
Battle Ready Neskimite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 1179
Location: A place that needs additional PYLONS!!!
Scrubs is more like Clueless the tv show.

Its even got the same token black guy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 pm 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17391
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
Blackman! wrote:
wow I didn't read all of that and it was like my friend trying to argue with me over how the PS3 is the best console ever and I kept proving him wrong with sales figures and editorial reviews, and he was like "O STFU UR ON M$'S DICK LOL!" "360 CAME OUT B 4 PS3 LOL!" Then why is the wii out selling both consoles "CUZ ITS CHEAPER LOL, WII IS GAY N E WAY LOL"...and I hate to say this...but BH you're my ps3 loving friend in this conversation...


You're aware that i've been toying with blamesum from the beginning?

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
Thwomp
Thwomp
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 1488
BlackHeart wrote:
Blackman! wrote:
wow I didn't read all of that and it was like my friend trying to argue with me over how the PS3 is the best console ever and I kept proving him wrong with sales figures and editorial reviews, and he was like "O STFU UR ON M$'S DICK LOL!" "360 CAME OUT B 4 PS3 LOL!" Then why is the wii out selling both consoles "CUZ ITS CHEAPER LOL, WII IS GAY N E WAY LOL"...and I hate to say this...but BH you're my ps3 loving friend in this conversation...


You're aware that i've been toying with blamesum from the beginning?

Effective troll is effective.

I'm amazed somepeople got serious in here...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 8668
Image

_________________
ImageImage
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:10 pm 
Offline
Bucket Of Flud
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:53 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Bucheon, South Korea
tl;dr

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 pm 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:52 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Comstock Park, MI
I decided BH had no credibility during that entire argument the very second he claimed [H]ouse sucked ass.... Scrubs is a decent comedy, but worth following IMHO. It seems to interest me best in bits and pieces.

_________________
http://www.monsterhuntercommunity.com/license/NecDW4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:30 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
I like Scrubs, I just can't stand how they have to fit in a voice over monologue with music playing in the background to people looking mopey because they have problems in their lives that are about to be resolved in about 5 minutes in the show anyway in every single episode.

That's kinda my pet peeve about the show. I like everything else about it though...except maybe some of the non sequester jokes they have where he does a goofy daydream or a flashback or something. Granted some of them are really funny, but others are like "eh." It's kinda hit or miss on some of the gags in the show.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:33 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:52 pm
Posts: 8559
Location: My house
gimp wrote:
Quote:
2. No posting IM or PM conversations.
This is not only a breach of privacy, but it is also incredibly annoying. Most people are not going to want to wade through an IM conversation you had with someone.


Then the IRC thread should die.
IRC is like an IM except with multiple people.
Take away the people and you have an IM.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:40 pm 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17391
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
Necrosaro wrote:
I decided BH had no credibility during that entire argument the very second he claimed [H]ouse sucked ass.... Scrubs is a decent comedy, but worth following IMHO. It seems to interest me best in bits and pieces.


I personaly don't like house.

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
I knew all along you were messing with me. There was no way anyone could make that legitimate argument. I just really like arguing things to death. Sleepy seems to be the best at it though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:06 am 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 3917
BlackHeart wrote:
Necrosaro wrote:
I decided BH had no credibility during that entire argument the very second he claimed [H]ouse sucked ass.... Scrubs is a decent comedy, but worth following IMHO. It seems to interest me best in bits and pieces.


I personaly don't like house.


Do you like Scrubs?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:12 am 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17391
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
Sanctusorium wrote:
BlackHeart wrote:
Necrosaro wrote:
I decided BH had no credibility during that entire argument the very second he claimed [H]ouse sucked ass.... Scrubs is a decent comedy, but worth following IMHO. It seems to interest me best in bits and pieces.


I personaly don't like house.


Do you like Scrubs?


Ehh, it's alright. The only time I've watched it was at Jessie's place.

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:09 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
Blackman! wrote:
Image

<.<

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group