neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goblin Mini Mart
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:23 pm 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

Hi, I'm Bitterman. You might remember me from such web sites as Poison the Mind or, my nine posts on this forum. And I've got a question for you.

Who here likes Warhammer 40k? Show of hands?

Who among you enjoys tabletop mini games in general?

Then you need to go to: The Goblin Mini Mart

Your crazy ass wrote:
WTF? Goblin Mini Mart? What's this hippy shit?

Our man Skeller over at Poison? He is all about the Warhammer. Minis, painting, terrains. He builds stuff like this:

Or this:

And he's taken his love for that game, that craft, and he's bundled it up inside a web site for everybody to enjoy. This place is going to be the spot for news, for trading your minis and bits, for showing off your paint jobs. He'll show you how you can make your own terrains like pictured above. You can trade tips on painting. Everything, man.

And you're invited. Sure, there ain't nothing on the damn web site right now, but this is the ground floor, baby. This is the grand opening party. Stop by, say hi. If you're in to the game, then upload some of your stuff, meet some new people. If you're not in to the game, check it out anyway. You might like what you find.

http://www.goblinminimart.com

Post subject: Re: Goblin Mini Mart
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:50 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I wanna get into Warhammer, but it's kinda expensive from what I've heard. I need to find some friends who already play it so they can give me a test run on it before I get into it.

I know some other forum members like it, though, so this could be promising. Also, bad ass website name. I like it, hehe

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:14 am 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

Yeah, Warhammer isn't too much unlike any other hobby though. Once you get in to it you find you've spent far too much money; video games, dungeons and dragons books, painting minis, recreational drugs, white women, musical equipment, fisting. Whatever you're in to, it winds up costing money.

That's what is so cool about some of the stuff Skeller has put together though. That Ork Stompa crazy robot deth masheen pictured above? Features a pill bottle, part of a marker, and other miscellaneous plastic bits found around his house all disguised under a coat of gunmetal grey paint. Those terrains? Foam and paint. One of the things I personally hope to see on this web site are some in depth "How the fuck did you do that?" guides. Sure he's shown me a couple of pictures of the process, but it doesn't cease to amaze me.

And that's another crucial point you've probably noticed by now. This web site doesn't have anything on it. We're not even 24 hours after launch day, we're right at the cusp here. I know Wayne has ideas of what he wants to do, because he's all about the Warhammer. But what would you people like to see? We're at the stage where we can really mold and shape this thing in the image of what the people want; what the visitors will be entertained by.

So, if you dig the concept, and want to be a part of a budding Warhammer/table top gaming community. Head over there, register on the forum, at least say hello.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Bitterman wrote:
One of the things I personally hope to see on this web site are some in depth "How the fuck did you do that?" guides. Sure he's shown me a couple of pictures of the process, but it doesn't cease to amaze me.

That would be pretty cool. I love seeing sites that give a run down on how to do stuff like that.

The thing that I think I'd have fun doing is making terrain for Warhammer. I always like the building aspect of games. SimCity was one of my favorites growing up, and I'd always make crazy terrain for my cities, hehe

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:06 am 
Shredder's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Warhammer isn't too much unlike any other hobby though. Once you get in to it you find you've spent far too much money; video games, dungeons and dragons books, painting minis, recreational drugs, white women, musical equipment, fisting. Whatever you're in to, it winds up costing money.

Fisting costs money? You mean I should have been charging Fallout's mom this whole time? Man I'm never sticking my hand in there for free again. Thanks, dude!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:02 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

Shevil wrote:
Quote:

Fisting costs money? You mean I should have been charging Fallout's mom this whole time? Man I'm never sticking my hand in there for free again. Thanks, dude!

Fine, but she'll start charging you for "fun time" with Fido.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:22 pm 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

Shevil wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:52 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I STILL SURF!

Yes, that is relevant to this thread's interests.