neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:51 pm 
Offline
Fucking Sandals!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 5005
Location: Ego tripping at the gates of Hell (Minnesota)
I love Jones Soda in general, I'm one of those rare folks who even likes their diet stuff. Honestly, their cream soda and root beer are my two favorite flavors they have. I'm a sucker for cream soda.

And not all diet sodas taste like shit. Diet Pepsi is way better than normal Pepsi, IMO. I can also drink Diet Mountain Dew and not hate it, that stuff is alright.

_________________
Image
I'm sciencing as fast as I can!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:57 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Diet still has that really weird aftertaste, though. It has that overly fake sweet afterbite. I just don't care for it at all.

Plus, diet soda actually makes you gain more weight. Something about the sweeteners actually cause your body to want to eat more or something.

They did a study of it with rats, they gave some rats regular soda, and the others diet, and the ones that had diet would eat more. Or something like that.

Point being: diet soda tastes bad and it should feel bad.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:00 pm 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
The cans smell like hot garbage if you leave them out. :(

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:07 pm 
Offline
Fucking Sandals!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 5005
Location: Ego tripping at the gates of Hell (Minnesota)
Soruja wrote:
The cans smell like hot garbage if you leave them out. :(


Diet Soda -5

This is so true. I've been hanging out with one of my good friends at his girlfriend's place a lot over the past few weeks since we bought a hookah and a rather large HDTV and made her place the general place to be until we move into our actual house. One night we had a bunch of people over including someone who drinks Diet Pepsi and no other soda. He left 6 or 7 empty cans out in various places in the living room, and the next morning the whole apartment smelled awful. We cleaned the place up thoroughly but neglected to throw out the pop cans, and the next day it still stank.

So yeah moral of the story: throw away your empty diet soda cans immediately :P

_________________
Image
I'm sciencing as fast as I can!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
Veginator wrote:
Soruja wrote:
The cans smell like hot garbage if you leave them out. :(


Diet Soda -5

This is so true. I've been hanging out with one of my good friends at his girlfriend's place a lot over the past few weeks since we bought a hookah and a rather large HDTV and made her place the general place to be until we move into our actual house. One night we had a bunch of people over including someone who drinks Diet Pepsi and no other soda. He left 6 or 7 empty cans out in various places in the living room, and the next morning the whole apartment smelled awful. We cleaned the place up thoroughly but neglected to throw out the pop cans, and the next day it still stank.

So yeah moral of the story: throw away your empty diet soda cans immediately :P

I was talking about the normal Jones cream soda. But yea, diet too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:01 pm 
Offline
Fucking Sandals!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 5005
Location: Ego tripping at the gates of Hell (Minnesota)
Ah. I've never had that problem with Jones cans, but I get it with diet soda cans all the time :?

_________________
Image
I'm sciencing as fast as I can!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:02 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
Here's why Diet Soda is awesome:
1) It doesn't get anything sticky if you spill it. You still have the mildew concern, but you can just wipe it off of most things no problem, no need for a wet towel.
2) ZERO CALORIES

Here's why Diet Soda is terrible:
There's two parts to enjoying sweet things. One part is the taste, the other part is your body getting a good feeling from the sugar. They've done studies with mice on this - there's a breed of mouse that can't actually taste sweet things, but they'll still go for sugar water over regular water, because you get that good feeling from sugar.

When you drink diet soda, your brain goes "Oh man, something sweet, let's start getting ready for a sugar jolt!"

This jolt doesn't happen, so your body starts craving it, and you tend to eat more because you feel unsatisfied.

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:36 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Dude, you know your shit, hehe.

Also, I'm drinking Dr. Pepper right now.

On a related subject of what I'm eating, Cashews > all other nuts

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:34 pm 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14669
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
Nameless88 wrote:
On a related subject of what I'm eating, (Cashews = Macadamia) > all other nuts


fixed

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:30 pm 
Offline
Fucking Sandals!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 5005
Location: Ego tripping at the gates of Hell (Minnesota)
Toast w/ peanut butter, an apple and two cinnamon rolls. A strange breakfast (or lunch, whatever), but it is damn good.

_________________
Image
I'm sciencing as fast as I can!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:25 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
i made a lot of pasta and it is delicious. Garlic, onions, beef, pork, capsicum, chilli, tomato and mushroom sauce, tomato, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, fettuccine.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
deep dish pizza from Rosatti's

holy fuck this pizza is a king amongst kings. the bastard weighs about ten pounds and tastes better than baby back newborn riblets.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:55 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Going to eat some cashews, fruitsnacks, pear, and cookies that I brought for lunch. Om nom nom nom nom

I think I'm gonna get sushi on the way home from work tonight, too, maybe. Haven't decided on that yet.

*edit*

Got sushi on the way home from work. It was delicious. But I had the stupid idea to get only really spicy rolls. And they were made pretty thick tonight, too. So I bite into one particularly large Dynamite roll, and I feel the familiar crunch of a pepper. Only, it was a really, really big pepper.

You know in cartoons when someone bites into something really spicy, and their face goes red, smoke comes out of their ears, and they dunk their head under water? I basically did the latter part of that, I swallowed the sushi, tried to take a sip of my pepsi, realized that wasn't doing shit, then promptly went to the kitchen sink and stuck my face into the water stream. I did that about two times before I could get the burning out of my mouth. And even then, I could still feel kinda tingly. I think my eyes also started watering a little bit, and I had to blow my nose because it was clearing the fuck out of my sinuses.

That, my friends, is some good sushi right there.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:01 am 
Offline
Dragon Slaying NESkimite
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 12842
Location: Seattle, WA
Nameless88 wrote:
Going to eat some cashews, fruitsnacks, pear, and cookies that I brought for lunch. Om nom nom nom nom

I think I'm gonna get sushi on the way home from work tonight, too, maybe. Haven't decided on that yet.

*edit*

Got sushi on the way home from work. It was delicious. But I had the stupid idea to get only really spicy rolls. And they were made pretty thick tonight, too. So I bite into one particularly large Dynamite roll, and I feel the familiar crunch of a pepper. Only, it was a really, really big pepper.

You know in cartoons when someone bites into something really spicy, and their face goes red, smoke comes out of their ears, and they dunk their head under water? I basically did the latter part of that, I swallowed the sushi, tried to take a sip of my pepsi, realized that wasn't doing shit, then promptly went to the kitchen sink and stuck my face into the water stream. I did that about two times before I could get the burning out of my mouth. And even then, I could still feel kinda tingly. I think my eyes also started watering a little bit, and I had to blow my nose because it was clearing the fuck out of my sinuses.

That, my friends, is some good sushi right there.


No, that's BAD sushi. Good sushi should taste like delicious fish :D

_________________
xkcd must die.
Nameless wrote:
Do you mind? He's on official trolling business. Very important. :redv:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:35 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Fallout wrote:
No, that's BAD sushi. Good sushi should taste like delicious fish :D

Well, okay, it was pretty tasty, though, regardless of the burning, haha.

I should really limit myself to one sushi roll named after an explosive, though. And maybe get something that can neutralize the "Oh God my tongue is on fire!" factor whenever I get one of them.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:55 am 
Offline
Bucket Of Flud
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:53 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Bucheon, South Korea
Ramen with hotpocket broke up in it....


yum..

~the college life

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Oatmeal w/ brown sugar and sliced bananas, egg whites mixed into a glass of orange juice, and coffee. Not a bad breakfast, though I usually prefer my eggs to be cooked.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 pm 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14669
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
Wheat thins and alcohol

...I need to go to the store

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:12 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
Snifit wrote:
Wheat thins and alcohol

...I need to go to the store

why?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:33 am 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17390
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
Grilled-cheese

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:07 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
left over pizza hut :buddy:

How is it that Pizza is one of the few foods that tastes just as awesome reheated? Tis a mystery of life...

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:27 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
Nameless88 wrote:
left over pizza hut :buddy:

How is it that Pizza is one of the few foods that tastes just as awesome reheated? Tis a mystery of life...

pizza hut is terrible pizza. so is dominos.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:29 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 6997
I'll take Pizza Hut over Dominos any day.
But yeah, certainly neither ranks THAT high.
Still, for what you pay, Pizza Hut is pretty good, IMO. 3.50 for a personal pan is enjoyable.

_________________
Don't trust the skull.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
i have yet to find a pizza from any independantly owned local pizzaria that is worse than pizza hut, dominoes, or papa johns. But I also live in NJ, and supposedly (as i've heard from many other people from many places) its almost impossible to find an actual BAD pizza in the NJ NY area.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:38 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 6997
illblamesum1else wrote:
i have yet to find a pizza from any independantly owned local pizzaria that is worse than pizza hut, dominoes, or papa johns. But I also live in NJ, and supposedly (as i've heard from many other people from many places) its almost impossible to find an actual BAD pizza in the NJ NY area.

yeah, I live in the Midwest, so I have to settle for chain restaurants.

_________________
Don't trust the skull.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group