neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:06 am 
Offline
The NESkimullet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:44 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Houston, Texas
Gluttony - Thanksgiving
Avarice - Christmas
Pride - Independence Day
Sloth - Labor Day
Wrath - Halloween
Lust - Valentine's Day
Envy - Black History Month

_________________
"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... bitch." -Simon Belmont


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:09 am 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
Amairuhkuhfuckya

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:16 am 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
This clearly belongs in teh land of teh clevar.

Seriously, how does Halloween represent wrath? It always represented candy to me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:16 am 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17391
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
This clearly belongs in teh land of teh clevar.

Seriously, how does Halloween represent wrath? It always represented candy to me.


it doesn't.

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:22 am 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
BlackHeart wrote:
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
This clearly belongs in teh land of teh clevar.

Seriously, how does Halloween represent wrath? It always represented candy to me.


it doesn't.


No way. :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:32 am 
Offline
The NESkimullet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:44 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Houston, Texas
Halloween is all about pranks and mischief. It's about dressing up as monsters and devils. I'd call that wrath.

If not, then default to April Fool's Day

_________________
"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... bitch." -Simon Belmont


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:34 am 
Offline
Fire Brother
Fire Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:34 pm
Posts: 2711
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
BTB wrote:
Envy - Black History Month


Oh snap!

_________________
Dr Wily wrote:
Now THAT'S a VG cover band concept. *applause*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:42 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
I think Halloween could represent gluttony, too. I mean, come on "Zomg, Candy! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!"

...actually...St. Patrick's Day could represent that, too, to an extent. Does gluttony count towards over consumption of alcohol, too, or just towards food?

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:43 am 
Offline
Fire Brother
Fire Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:34 pm
Posts: 2711
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Well I guess if you wanted to be really technical it could represent anything from glutonny of food, to money, to alcohol, so really all holidays are gluttony.

_________________
Dr Wily wrote:
Now THAT'S a VG cover band concept. *applause*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:45 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Oh! April Fool's Day! That holiday is specifically in existence just to piss off your friends, basically. That could work for Wrath.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:49 am 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
I think Thanksgiving really nails the gluttony thing already.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:49 am 
Offline
Fire Brother
Fire Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:34 pm
Posts: 2711
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Nameless88 wrote:
Oh! April Fool's Day! That holiday is specifically in existence just to piss off your friends, basically. That could work for Wrath.


Yeah like when Wily says new material is being released. Then months later I don't realize it's an april fool's thread and bam...epic fail.

_________________
Dr Wily wrote:
Now THAT'S a VG cover band concept. *applause*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:51 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Soruja wrote:
I think Thanksgiving really nails the gluttony thing already.

Yeah, definitely. What would St. Patty's Day fall under than?

...well..let's see....lots of alcohol, consumption, so gluttony, pride for nation/heritage, and wrath because drunks can get mean sometimes.

Kinda an all encompassing holiday, lol. But, yeah, Turkey Day definitely hits Gluttony on the head, for sure. Sorta covers Sloth, too, but Labor Day really nails that one nicely.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:08 am 
Offline
KSK Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Orange Park
i think you might be trying too hard :P

but thats not a bad thing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:00 pm 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
Nameless88 wrote:
Oh! April Fool's Day! That holiday is specifically in existence just to piss off your friends, basically. That could work for Wrath.

BTB already said that.

And I wouldnt say national heritige for St. Patty's day. Just because nearly EVERYONE goes out to bars and celebrates it, whether they're irish or not.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:17 pm 
Offline
Thwomp
Thwomp
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 1488
illblamesum1else wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
Oh! April Fool's Day! That holiday is specifically in existence just to piss off your friends, basically. That could work for Wrath.

BTB already said that.

And I wouldnt say national heritige for St. Patty's day. Just because nearly EVERYONE goes out to bars and celebrates it, whether they're irish or not.

Fun fact, most Irish people don't celebrate St. Patricks Day


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:03 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
ExPostFacto wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
Oh! April Fool's Day! That holiday is specifically in existence just to piss off your friends, basically. That could work for Wrath.

BTB already said that.

And I wouldnt say national heritige for St. Patty's day. Just because nearly EVERYONE goes out to bars and celebrates it, whether they're irish or not.

Fun fact, most Irish people don't celebrate St. Patricks Day

Lies. Irish people find it an excuse to drink. Though we don't really need one... I see your point, if you're Irish you drink like fish anyway, so St Patty's day is really just any other day of the year.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:22 am 
Offline
Thwomp
Thwomp
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 1488
illblamesum1else wrote:
ExPostFacto wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
Oh! April Fool's Day! That holiday is specifically in existence just to piss off your friends, basically. That could work for Wrath.

BTB already said that.

And I wouldnt say national heritige for St. Patty's day. Just because nearly EVERYONE goes out to bars and celebrates it, whether they're irish or not.

Fun fact, most Irish people don't celebrate St. Patricks Day

Lies. Irish people find it an excuse to drink. Though we don't really need one... I see your point, if you're Irish you drink like fish anyway, so St Patty's day is really just any other day of the year.

I mean in Ireland it's practically ignored, and yes they drink as much as they do on any other day.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group