neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:31 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
we have the stupid news thread, and i was looking around for a good place to post this to no avail. so instead of just making a thread for one link; why not make a thread for articles that make you think a bit. anyway:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 111307.htm

edit:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 124156.htm
the last paragraph is a bit of kiss ass 'don't sue us' bullshit, but none the less i'm glad to see science finally starting to pursue the angle i've been pushing for the past few years.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:40 am 
Offline
Dragon Slaying NESkimite
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 12842
Location: Seattle, WA
This thread is relevant to my interests.

_________________
xkcd must die.
Nameless wrote:
Do you mind? He's on official trolling business. Very important. :redv:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:37 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 8668
http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/36941 :911::

_________________
ImageImage
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 am 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:47 am
Posts: 3181
Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482264,00.html

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 pm 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
roo wrote:
Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482264,00.html


I love how they had to define a meter, but then jump straight into quantum physics.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:57 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
Soruja wrote:
roo wrote:
Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482264,00.html


I love how they had to define a meter, but then jump straight into quantum physics.

a meter is a gauge, fuck, if you're going to use metric measurements for a change the least you could do is spell them correctly. it's french goddamn it. fucking webster. newspeak is doubleplusungood.
it's metric, not meteric.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
gimp wrote:
Soruja wrote:
roo wrote:
Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482264,00.html


I love how they had to define a meter, but then jump straight into quantum physics.

a meter is a gauge, fuck, if you're going to use metric measurements for a change the least you could do is spell them correctly. it's french goddamn it. fucking webster. newspeak is doubleplusungood.
it's metric, not meteric.

metre looks stupid.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
illblamesum1else wrote:
gimp wrote:
Soruja wrote:
roo wrote:
Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482264,00.html


I love how they had to define a meter, but then jump straight into quantum physics.

a meter is a gauge, fuck, if you're going to use metric measurements for a change the least you could do is spell them correctly. it's french goddamn it. fucking webster. newspeak is doubleplusungood.
it's metric, not meteric.

metre looks stupide.


Fixed for added emphasis. :awesome:

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:23 pm 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
Nameless88 wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
gimp wrote:
Soruja wrote:
roo wrote:
Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482264,00.html


I love how they had to define a meter, but then jump straight into quantum physics.

a meter is a gauge, fuck, if you're going to use metric measurements for a change the least you could do is spell them correctly. it's french goddamn it. fucking webster. newspeak is doubleplusungood.
it's metric, not meteric.

metre looks stupide.


Fixed for added emphasis. :awesome:

i lol'de

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 pm 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:47 am
Posts: 3181
an eye for an eye?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/02/ ... index.html

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:51 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
roo's article wrote:
"I told the judge I want an eye for an eye," Bahrami said. "People like him should be made to feel my suffering."


Fuck yeah. Vengeance is badass.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:25 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
roo's article wrote:
"I told the judge I want an eye for an eye," Bahrami said. "People like him should be made to feel my suffering."


Fuck yeah. Vengeance is badass.


But bloggers are outraged. :downswords:

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:27 pm 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:52 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Comstock Park, MI
FUCK BLOGGERS! MOAR ACID!

_________________
http://www.monsterhuntercommunity.com/license/NecDW4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 pm 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14670
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
Necrosaro wrote:
MOAR ACID!


Image

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:11 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 7000
While I can't blame a victim for having that sort of thought process, the fact of the matter is that if you just want the person to suffer, what you have is sadism, not punishment.

_________________
Don't trust the skull.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:14 am 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17391
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
Snifit wrote:
Necrosaro wrote:
MOAR ACID!


Image


:1up:

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:32 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
http://www.telegram.com/article/2009030 ... source=rss

Fuckin right, Obama. Let's get them little embryos workin for us! Scientists, get crackin, we got a lot of scrambled eggs embryos to make into new organs for me here!

Maybe we can stem cell up a couple of testicles for the vatican and all the conservatives that are menstrating about this, too.

:science: = 1
:catholic: and :downswords: = el zilcho

:bluev:

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:03 am 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:47 am
Posts: 3181
'Star Wars' scientists create laser gun to kill mosquitoes

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/16/mo ... index.html

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:13 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
pew pew.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:16 pm 
Offline
Thwomp
Thwomp
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 1488
I lol'd but was reticent to put it in the "lolworthy news" thread

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE53D5SH20090414?rpc=60


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
saw this coming miles away. shit's gonna get messy son. just you wait.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:28 pm 
Offline
Dragon Slaying NESkimite
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 12842
Location: Seattle, WA
S1eepy wrote:
saw this coming miles away. shit's gonna get messy son. just you wait.


It's really hard to get much more idiotic than the right-wing, they're flailing now.

_________________
xkcd must die.
Nameless wrote:
Do you mind? He's on official trolling business. Very important. :redv:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:34 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090422/ ... dawnoftime

Fucking spiffy :buddy:

tl;dr, astronomers found a huge object in space that's near the time that the universe began. Probably the biggest thing they've seen from that far back.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:30 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123458663412987489.html

go go capitalism go.

ladies and gentlemen; its almost time to start punching holes in the boat. lets make sure when this fucker (government/economy) tanks its on our terms.

i mean, lets look at this objectively: the way this country is run is absolutely destined for failure. using giant corporations as cornerstones; whose survival is entirely dependent on the public requiring a constant influx of excess is an awful idea. it doesn't account for anything aside from 'projected growth'. the country got off on the right foot; likely because intelligent people were calling most of the shots. take a look at the idiocy of the past few decades; note the declining trends. notice how everything becomes more standardized. more generalized. even opinions. living scripted lives.

i am by no means an anarchist. theres a lot about this country i love, and i for one am fucking sick and tired of seeing it becoming the land of social diarrhea and incompetence. theres all these people with 'power' but none of them actually do anything aside from cause play in a system of arbitrary numbers which, despite what you might think, isn't even worth what its printed on. we accumulate debt and export excess. i've been debating it for some time, but if i don't see us heading in the right direction soon (this does not mean throwing more money at the problem) i'm very likely to start becoming organized.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noteworthy News
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:11 am 
Offline
NESkimo International Affairs moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:41 pm
Posts: 7800
Location: Spittal - AUSTRIA
S1eepy wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123458663412987489.html

go go capitalism go.

ladies and gentlemen; its almost time to start punching holes in the boat. lets make sure when this fucker (government/economy) tanks its on our terms.

i mean, lets look at this objectively: the way this country is run is absolutely destined for failure. using giant corporations as cornerstones; whose survival is entirely dependent on the public requiring a constant influx of excess is an awful idea. it doesn't account for anything aside from 'projected growth'. the country got off on the right foot; likely because intelligent people were calling most of the shots. take a look at the idiocy of the past few decades; note the declining trends. notice how everything becomes more standardized. more generalized. even opinions. living scripted lives.

i am by no means an anarchist. theres a lot about this country i love, and i for one am fucking sick and tired of seeing it becoming the land of social diarrhea and incompetence. theres all these people with 'power' but none of them actually do anything aside from cause play in a system of arbitrary numbers which, despite what you might think, isn't even worth what its printed on. we accumulate debt and export excess. i've been debating it for some time, but if i don't see us heading in the right direction soon (this does not mean throwing more money at the problem) i'm very likely to start becoming organized.


I see a point, somewhere in your rant. The standardisation of our lives is something, Greg Graffin complained about some years ago. And yes, its a problem. You absolutely have to fit into some sort of compartment, or else you're shunned by society in any way.

Are you single, married, in a couple? What's your education? What food do you like? What music do you like? What are your opinions? Here, fit the mold, so you can consume our products like thousands upon thousands that are exactly like you are, as dictated by us.

I guess what I'm calling for is the return of individualism.

_________________
Nameless88 wrote:
Next stop, making fun of platypus. It's a trollfari!


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group