neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:17 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

huh, I mean I know that players who get the cup really make a day of it. Some drive it in their front seat and take it out to dinner and shit. It's pretty awesome. I know I've seen a picture of some player out at a pretty nice dinner in some good clothes sitting across from the cup just having a meal with it.

Someone has had to have had a bowl of cereal out of that thing on their morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Someone baptized their baby in it. Another team, I think the Dallas Stars in 1999, got really drink and tried to throw it into a pool from a 3rd story window. They missed. It got dented to shit and had to be repaired haha. Now they have someone monitor activity with the cup to make sure no one drunkenly breaks it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:44 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I joined a bowling league with 2 of my bosses a few weeks ago at their request. It's been fun. I use to bowl all the time back in High School but I haven't done it regularly in about 4-5 years. So last night we bowled against he 2nd place team in the league right now. They're only in 2nd because of handicap and all that. They have one guy on the team who has done PBA qualifying stuff and has bowled in at least 1 PBA event. The guy is literally rock solid at bowling.
So when we set up bowling order our team tries to match people on handicap. Thus I'm put against Mr. PBA as I have a 10 pin handicap because my average is about 210 pins. It's a little like "damn, I'm screwed" from the start in my mind. We go through game one and he rolls a 276. I roll a 253. Game two he rolls a 246. I roll a 221. Game 3 he rolls a 298. I roll a 242.

I lost but I didn't get destroyed. I wasn't too unhappy with my performance except where I threw the ball and knew I was missing right as the ball left my hand. Anyways, I haven't bowled regularly in awhile and I'd just bought a new ball as my old one had a crack in it. Once the game was over and everything we were standing around and talking with them because they were pretty damn cool people. The guy I was paired against tells me "You have a pretty great throw. I was impressed." He said it because he wanted to and seemingly because he meant it. We all shook, said good game, and headed home.

I was debating putting this in the happy thread. I'm just not sure. But it honestly made me feel pretty damn good and proud the rest of the night. I love bowling and thought I was ok. The guy gave me a hell of a confidence boost. We lost all three games. This team has dropped 2 throughout all 7 weeks of the season so it wasn't a big deal though. Next week we're playing the #1 team who has been bowling extremely well AND they all have some big handicaps. That might be a challenge.

tl;dr a guy who has bowled PBA events complimented me on my ability and I stayed within range of him throughout 3 games of bowling. I got a big confidence boost and felt pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Bogey wrote:
Game 3 he rolls a 298.

Seriously? No handicap or anything? Because I would not have fun watching someone roll 11 straight strikes, and they would hate me when I burst out laughing at them for blowing it on the last roll.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:27 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Game 3 he rolls a 298.

Seriously? No handicap or anything? Because I would not have fun watching someone roll 11 straight strikes, and they would hate me when I burst out laughing at them for blowing it on the last roll.

yeah he was the guy with no handicap. Handicap hits if you average under 220 and then you just get pins to make your average 220. His girlfriend has a 30 pin handicap and their third player has like a 12 pin handicap. Tough mofos. And anytime you see someone a single throw from a perfect game it's impressive. What sucks is I was going strike for strike with him the first 5 frames. I thought i was going to get super interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I was a single strike away from a perfect game. It happened late in the game too. I now know how that feels. Just, damn...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:49 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

So, our family has a tradition of passing around a He-Man action figure. Basically, whoever gets married, it'll end up in their luggage when they're going on their honeymoon or something. I finally learned his origin today, apparently my uncle found the toy on the floor in a mall in DC back in the late 80s, and put in on his wife's pillow so she could be like "He-man was in my bed tonight! lol" or something. Cute, right? haha Then they snuck it into someone's luggage, and it's been going around the world ever since, he's made it to Washington state, I think he even went with my cousin on her honeymoon to Italy.

Well, my brother ended up getting him shortly after he got married. We're at a wedding this weekend, and it's going to the newly wed couple. I thought it'd be interesting to figure out what set this guy came from, he looks sorta like he'd be a cheap-o knock off from a McDonalds meal or something, maybe I could find a Skeletor to go with him.

Turns out, he isn't even a He-Man. He's from a 1987 Playskool set called Definitely Dinosaurs. He's a caveman named Kronar.

He-Man is adopted. :cookieshuh:

I found this online after a bit of investigating:
Attachment:
heman.JPG
heman.JPG [ 22.51 KiB | Viewed 7359 times ]

He's the little one on the left. So, I guess I can't find a matching Skeletor for him. Fuck, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Kronar... I mean He-Man, got super drunk at the wedding. He did a few lines of sugar, downed a bottle of bacardi, drank on my uncle's boat, played DJ and ended up puking blood in the bathroom by the end of the night.

I have pictures... they'll be up in a couple days after I've confirmed the the newlyweds (my cousin) found him in their luggage already.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

To celebrate the 'Year of Luigi' Nintendo and the CTA collaborated to turn the 'L train' into the 'Luigi train.' One of the Brown Line trains, which I live about a half a block away from, was decked out in Luigi pictures and a downtown station had kiosks and demos set up for New Super Luigi U. I never got to see the train but I did spend like an hour playing the demo, hanging out with a group of cool people covering the event for a gaming website, and help some kids get into the game. As it turns out I knew just as much about the game as the Nintendo rep, so I could always fall back to applying for them as a career choice ha ha.

Also, I met Luigi.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

:\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/:

See you guys sometime Sunday/Monday

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Bogey wrote:

:\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/:

See you guys sometime Sunday/Monday

I can't wait until I have enough money to do things like this again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I will honestly try to save a spot for anyone who ever wants to make the trip to Indy for a 4 day game-a-thon. You'll get a spot in the room for some $$$$ and no guarantee on bed space. (unless it's like 2-3 people only)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:57 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
Also, I met Luigi.

huh, i thought he'd be taller in real life.

wait...

why, these people must be tiny!!

TO SCALE (?)

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Saw Weird Al, was really awesome.

Leaving the show I'm pretty sure I saw a friend's (who I'm into and she knows it and a mutual friend has told me that she really enjoys my company) boyfriend totally leaving in a very romantic way with someone who was definitely not her. I'm not sure how to handle that part of my evening. Because I figure I might just come off as the guy who likes her and is trying to nudge out a douche?

Other than that, Weird Al played "You Make Me" which made me :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:04 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:

Leaving the show I'm pretty sure I saw a friend's (who I'm into and she knows it and a mutual friend has told me that she really enjoys my company) boyfriend totally leaving in a very romantic way with someone who was definitely not her. I'm not sure how to handle that part of my evening. Because I figure I might just come off as the guy who likes her and is trying to nudge out a douche?

Other than that, Weird Al played "You Make Me" which made me :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

if she's your good friend you'd tell her. if not and you're close to one of her good friends, tell them. I broke up a couple and felt like shit about it, but when they finally saw the end of each other she thanked me profusely and I have no regrets.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:32 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

gimp wrote:
Bogey wrote:

if she's your good friend you'd tell her. if not and you're close to one of her good friends, tell them. I broke up a couple and felt like shit about it, but when they finally saw the end of each other she thanked me profusely and I have no regrets.

Yeah, I did a similar thing in high school. Actually, it was a lot more direct than that.

Friend of mine was dating this girl a few years younger than me. He was convinced that she was his girlfriend, but whenever we hung out she would try to hold my hand and shit, and hint that I should come over and hang out without him. Tried to tell him, but he didn't believe me. Then I heard that she had been screwing around with a few other people. He still didn't believe me, so I went to her place and got PG-rated busy with her. She then told me how she would fuck if I wanted to, even though she hadn't yet. Considering that her dad was a preacher and was in the next room, I just tipped out the door at that point.

Told my friend about an hour later. He was pissed as hell for a couple of days, and never actually thanked me, but he went out of the way to hang out with me for a while afterwards, like, paid for my lunches a few times and shit too.

And I just re-read the post and realized that this situation doesn't really apply. Oh well, if it feels right, tell your friend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

if there's anything i've found: most women tend to have enormously shitty taste in men. i'm not saying that from a place of bitter rejection: i'm saying it because of the countless scum i've seen most of the women in my life date. is self-worth not included with the X chromosome package or something?
i'm talking name tattooed on their neck scum here.

sometimes i swear they have an annual event to see who can stay with the biggest piece of shit for the longest.
and then they finally get tired and settle for someone who is capable of using words correctly and making a degree of sense.

if women existed on the internet: one may be able to provide an answer to this inquiry as it seems to me something within the mate selection process is terribly broken and is resulting in a gene pool fraught with idiocy. or is it that "too stupid to defend own points, throws tantrums consisting of mostly noise and punching/throwing things, and strong enough to give me a black eye when i want my friends to pity me" the official checklist for a third of women?

and while i'm hinting at it already: how is it in perfect fucking hell that calling someone "baby" is considered intimate, affectionate, or sexy?
it's derogatory at best, and a manipulative and not so subtle game of thumb-war over who wears the pants, at worst. the point of a committed relationship is that with another you have found that the functionality exceeds the sum of it's parts. having another mouth to feed and ass to wipe, as having a baby implies, is nowhere near conducive to this given that no conception has actually taken place yet.

tl:dr: ITT:
woman's greatest fantasy?

/rant

EDIT:

this was too good not to cap:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

I'd link affirmingly to a song that underscores your points but it's in german.

Fuck it, I'll do it anyway :)

(at least you've got some nearly naked, fully tattood, bald headed german prancing about, that's got to count for something, right?)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:50 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Most people have shitty taste in sexual partners because that's not an area where critical thinking comes into play very much. You only notice this trait in women because (to the best of my knowledge) you aren't actively trying to sleep with or date any men. Trust me when I say women make precisely the same observation about men that you're making about women here, with roughly the same degree of validity. Men just benefit from a double standard where sleeping with a bunch of less than appealing women is viewed as silly or at worst a sort of immature indulgence, and dating women who aren't good partners is dismissed as "bitches be crazy" or something along those lines, whereas with women these behaviors are correctly identified as a result of poor decision making.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Most people have shitty taste in sexual partners because that's not an area where critical thinking comes into play very much. You only notice this trait in women because (to the best of my knowledge) you aren't actively trying to sleep with or date any men. Trust me when I say women make precisely the same observation about men that you're making about women here, with roughly the same degree of validity. Men just benefit from a double standard where sleeping with a bunch of less than appealing women is viewed as silly or at worst a sort of immature indulgence, and dating women who aren't good partners is dismissed as "bitches be crazy" or something along those lines, whereas with women these behaviors are correctly identified as a result of poor decision making.

nailed it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i agree. it is also true for men.
i just got on a roll and thought the particular stream of thought was pretty silly, so i amped up the character along the way.

more thoughts later. maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:28 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

some of us live with the same woman like all the time yet we aren't those dudes. Coincidence? :cookieshmm:

IMO most people are waiting for someone to come along and magically solve all of their problems. everything before then doesn't count.

on a related note, one of my friends never cheats but hooks up with girls while they're in relationships. he doesn't use condoms either. now he very probably has two kids he'll never meet but he'll never know if they're his. :roll: GG

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:04 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
some of us live with the same woman like all the time yet we aren't those dudes. Coincidence? :cookieshmm:

IMO most people are waiting for someone to come along and magically solve all of their problems. everything before then doesn't count.

on a related note, one of my friends never cheats but hooks up with girls while they're in relationships. he doesn't use condoms either. now he very probably has two kids he'll never meet but he'll never know if they're his. :roll: GG

i think that's very gengis kahn of him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:57 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

except the girls are doing all the fucking (inc. craigslist hookup in a car in his driveway while he was asleep inside). he's pure sucker.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:52 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Yesterday was very weird...

I was in the kitchen pulling the tails off of shrimp so i could cook them into magical shrimp tacos. I slowly started to feel weird. My stomach was doing strange things, almost as if i had to poop but different. My vision started to get a little cloudy around the edges and i had the sudden realization that if I didnt sit down soon I was probably going to fall over. I staggered to a chair with a bottle of water in hand. I started chugging it. I felt weird. I walked into the living room and sat on the floor. Noel looked extremely worried, but i tried to keep my cool. I still felt weird and my body was slow to do things and i felt as though i would not be able to stand up. My vision started to clear up and i began to sweat a LOT. Like, more sweat than if i were out working in the middle of summer. I was pretty sure I almost passed out. Noel started gathering things because she wanted to take Betsy to my parents and then take me to the ER. I was sort of reluctant, partially because i felt as though i as starting to feel better but also because i was afraid of what they might say.

I finished a second bottle of water and stood up on my own accord. I was starting to feel normal, just clammy and sweaty. Luckily the ER was at a new much closer hospital so i got a room right away.

I have not been to a doctor in some time and have never had an IV (I had gotten an AIDs test about ten years ago and that involved drawing blood, but this was different) and i was scared, partly because i am giant swollen puss when it comes to pain. But i got through it and it wasnt that bad, it still hurt, but i expected worse apparently. It had a nagging pain all through the night though.

So they did an EKG, tested my blood and Urine, and X-rayed my chest. I waited a long time, but i got to watch two episodes of Always Sunny, so thats not too bad :P as well as checking my phone for the Lightning Blackhawks score (GO BOLTS!). They were pumping Saline into my veins which made me have to pee, a lot. The problem was I was hooked up to all these things so i couldnt just walk off. I couldnt find my nurse button, so noel walked around looking for something. She found a button on the wall and pressed it. We then heard this crazy alarm go off. Three nurses ran into my room. I was like "oops, but i got pee!" They game me this urinal bottle thing :(

I made a joke to Noel earlier about how all the nurses wanted to see my dick and make fun of me and humiliate me. When the nurse gave me the bottle thing to pee in, she left the room. As soon as i got my dick in it, she opens the door and just stares. I swear to you, i have no idea why, and she never said sorry or anything. She finally shut the door when i hid myself. WTF!

anyways, those things are a bitch to piss in unless you got a fucking 9 incher (which i dont). Finally the doctor came in and said my EKG was fine, Blood and pee was fine, my xray was fine, and essentially it was http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vasovagal-syncope/DS00806.

The key things is i never felt chest or arm pain, or any kind of numbness... it was just like how i imagine a robot shutting down..

So, they say I am fine, but fuck man, Anxiety sure doesnt want to listen so all these retarded scenarios keep playing out in my head because of it.

Hopefully in a few days i can just let it pass, but medically speaking I guess if the doctors say I am fine, then I am fine..... right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next