neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Blackman! wrote:
Breaking my forum hiatus with a question....

I'm trying shrooms this weekend... any tips/shit I should watch out for?

Blue glow sticks.

How'd you go?

the only advice i'd give is don't think about it, have as good a week as you can, eat a good meal, chow down on shrooms, and just keep on hanging out and talking or whatever you were doing. stay relaxed and just go with it. Don't stress out if it's overwhelming, everything goes back to normal afterwards. 8)
im pretty jelly, i haven't shroomed in years.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:07 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Two touch downs in our town this afternoon. Roof of the Subaru plant caved in. Mom works there, was off today. Tornado jumped over my friends comic shop, my house, and my best friends house.

This town got f'd up a bit though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:02 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

yikes

been reading Flim-Flam! by James Randi, and listened to 3 George Carlin albums, On the Road, Class Clown and A Place for My Stuff

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

gimp wrote:
yikes

been reading Flim-Flam! by James Randi, and listened to 3 George Carlin albums, On the Road, Class Clown and A Place for My Stuff

So, basically, what you're saying is that you have a fetish for crotchety, old (but awesome) whide dudes with beards :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:21 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
gimp wrote:
yikes

So, basically, what you're saying is that you have a fetish for crotchety, old (but awesome) whide dudes with beards :)

Gandolf?... Sauraman?... Pai Mae?

Also, I got my super fun time happy cough syrup from the doctor today because I'M COUGHING BLOOD! HORAY!!!

Probably gonna be high for like a week from this stuff, cuz that's what happened last time I took it. So be warned, I might post some really out there shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:41 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Double post because RELATED!

I had a new life experience today. I licked liquid hydrocodone from my bathroom counter. Spilled a little of it and was like "No fucking way, I will NOT waste this!" and SLURP.

If it was cocaine or something, I would say I've hit bottom.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:44 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Ok, so I've been looking into online dating services lately. The one I chose turns out to be a square haven apparently. I put the Chtulhu prayer front and center on my profile page as sort of a litmus test.

Sometimes I do get reqests. Two days ago, some girl from Vienna sent me a greeting. Says, she's a journalist, but not for what paper or agency.

Now, I know four, maybe five people in Vienna. One of them is a journalist (used to be a collegue of mine). Now, I think you can guess where this is going...

So, I was talking to him yesterday, telling him about this girl who wrote me. He asced for a description and if I new a name. I provided. 5 minutes later, he came back with a link to her Facebook wall. Turns out, she used to be friends with his ex girlfriend. WTF are the odds?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:46 pm 
KSK Mastermind

So.... Because of a long weird complicated situation, Noel had not spoken to her parents and her daughter before me for like over 8 years. (They were crazy and took her away from Noel and crazy shit).

ANYWAYS, her mother contacted her via facebook and they started casually talking, then she called her and sounded legitimately like she missed her. She spoke to her father and he cried and stuff. It was all super mushy and stuff and wonderful. Her daughter is still a little cold to her, but its understandable as a twelve year old she doesnt understand what all went down and stuff.

SO, this past weekend we went up to visit and stuff and it was really awesome. First off, these people are pretty well off. They had a nice house with fancy furniture, huge kitchen, awesome deck, sweet view of the river and a fucking boat almost as big as our apartment.

They were incredibly nice (noel says they are completely different now and its great). Her mom was super sweet and her dad was friendly, though a little intimidating, but hell, i was meeting her dad for the first time. Plus he's incredibly crafty, he built/is building a Japanese Tea House in their back yard and it looks epic as fuck. He's a cool guy. He kinda reminded me of Ron Swanson a little bit. He also made an amazing standing rib roast. She had made a chocolate cake for her daughter the day before and that was delicious as well.

We had bought a present for Olivia (Noel's daughter) and gave it to her. Tomodachi Life for 3DS (i believe). She was happy to get it. She was super excited to hear I was a gamer and we spent most of the day playing smash bros brawl. It was kinda magical. She's funny too and loves to talk about zelda.

Everyone loved Betsy of course. So it was a magical weekend that makes our family much bigger. its a welcome change for sure as it fills a noticeable void in Noel. While the daughter thing is a little awkward still, i did notice moments where she wasn't putting up that "Tough 12 year old" front and seemed genuinely happy to be with her mom after all this time. So there is work to be done from that angle, but if she likes me that will help obviously.

So yeah, I have a twelve year old step daughter who likes video games.

Oh and they invited us to stay at their beach house in a few weekends.... :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:39 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

This probably doesn't do justice to the experience, but I all I can really say is "cool, man!" Step-dad thing can be really cool. They live close by?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:16 pm 
KSK Mastermind

about an hour away in St Mary's GA.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:31 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Jessie: That's pretty great! I hope it's real and lasts, for Noel's sake.

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
gimp wrote:
yikes

I have a hard on for everyone awesome.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:37 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

That's really awesome, Jessie!

I remember maybe about a year ago or something, we were hanging out, and Noel or someone casually mentioned her daughter, and the conversation quickly changed gears. So, I have to admit, I've always kind of wondered about that, but I kind of didn't want to go poking at that just out of curiosity or anything, because I kind of felt like it was a sensitive subject, and making someone feel bad just because I was curious seems like a really terrible thing to do.

But, from someone who had some trouble with family and didn't talk to them for a while, I can totally understand what she's going through (admittedly to a lesser degree, but I still understand it). Rekindling a friendship with family members that you haven't talked to in a long time feels really good, and it sounds like it's a really good experience for her.

I'm happy for both of you, I really hope this works out. Also really cool that you and her daughter already bonded over something.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 pm 
KSK Mastermind

yeah its exciting. They text back and forth all the time so its working good between them too. I cant wait for this coming weekend at that beach house. gonna be so fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:05 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Mom backed out of taking my little brother to the Warped Tour because she thought it was an 8pm-11pm type of thing and not all day (thus didn't think to get work off). Since it was promised to him as a birthday present I stepped up and went to the Warped Tour 2014.

I saw The Protomen, I Fight Dragons, and MC Chris. There was also this band I'll probably never be able to remember/find but they did a cover of Waterfalls by TLC that let into a Miley Cyrus cover and then quickly into a chrous from Adele. They had horns and came off very ska-esk. It was a nice surprise.

Everything else was almost an entire decade away from me demographically.

Although, from what I saw, we're coming full circle for the angsty teen. When I was his age it was Limp Bizkit and Korn. The Rap/Metal era. Then there was the emo thing (Fallout Boy, etc), then Screamo really became the big thing. Now it is this screamo/rap hybrid thing. Somewhat comical in places when a guy starts to flow then just does that scream almost unintelligibly for a few lines right back to rapping.

It seems to play a stage near other bands at Warped Tour your band is either pop/punk-emo in the Fallout Boy, Yellowcard, Green Day, Simple Plan sort of way. Or you have to be the straight screaming with occasional growling. There will be a part where you rap in either one very important song, or a little bit in a lot of songs.

fun stuff: My brother (just turned 14) wanted to get really, really close for a band called "Motionless in White" (small aside: wasn't too bad). As we stand in the spot he has found I look around and our view to the stage. I tell him "Hey, I just want you to know we're basically in the center of either where the mosh pit will begin or where the crowdsurfing happens. Are you okay with being here?" He says he is. I tell him if it starts to happen and he doesn't like it then grab me and I'll move him away from it.

Immediately when the band starts to play, mosh pit to the left. Most pit to the right. We're in this small line in the middle that hasn't joined in. Thus, two big most pits with a line of about 3 people thick down the middle keeping them from joining. He gave a look of "I don't want to go into that." So I stepped him back and kind of took a bunch of side hits as things progressed in their velocity. Within two songs the middle began to join and I had to pull him back out of his first pit because he was trying to get out and people kept shoving him back into it.

The crowd surfing started around the first song and I tried to keep as many people from crushing the kid's head as possible. I stopped at least 2 straight kicks to the back of his head. There were, also, these two teenage girls right next to us who didn't want to mosh or surf either. Some people tried to force them to surf a few times (teenagers are dicks). Others attempted to push them into a pit a few times as they were continued to be reluctant. So I stood and basically tried to make sure they were safe like him.

After that set finished we talked about it. He said crowd surfing seemed stupid. Moshing looked cool but he didn't want to go into it. He'd rather just stand outside of it.

tl;dr went to warped tour. I'm not their demo anymore. Brother got in the middle of his first pit and saw what crowd surfing is like. I basically became a body guard for him during a set of his favorite band to make sure he could enjoy it to it's fullest.

Granted, I could just be too old.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:01 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I think moshing is dumb. It reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Bart is swinging his arms and Lisa is kicking as they move towards each other.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:03 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I got kicked in the face by a bunch of dicksniffers trying to crowdsurf to the front of the crowd at The Big Ticket a few years ago.

Crowdsurfing is fucking obnoxious. I'd prefer a mosh pit over crowdsurfing any day because I can at least push your dumb rampaging ass back into the mix, whereas it's a lot harder to deflect some asshole's size 10 converse from ramming into you when they're coming from the back of the crowd. I'm not looking behind me, I'm looking at the band that I paid to come see.

At least mosh pits are kind of centralized, and I can usually find someone bigger than me to meat shield for me if I'm on the edge.

Also, hasn't Screamo/Rap hybrid been around for awhile? Linkin Park was kinda doing that back in the day with Hybrid Theory. Maybe it's just kind of evolved from there, though.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:37 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

maybe, the next concert you go to, make a game of it. be there to look for crowd surfers, and shoryuken them right in the butthole.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:46 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i slept with a very beautiful young lady this morning

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:50 am 
KSK Mastermind

gimp wrote:
i slept with a very beautiful young lady this morning

Awesome!

As for crowd surfing and stuff... I just dont get it. When i pay a lot of money to go to a concert, its usually to see the band/s on stage, not to run around acting like a fool running into people or carrying people over my head. It makes VERY LITTLE sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:43 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Crashman wrote:
Awesome!

As for crowd surfing and stuff... I just dont get it. When i pay a lot of money to go to a concert, its usually to see the band/s on stage, not to run around acting like a fool running into people or carrying people over my head. It makes VERY LITTLE sense to me.

I think the main point of crowd surfing is that they're trying to get to the front of the crowd, or get a better view of the band.

What actually happens is they get to the front, and security grabs them and makes them march back.

The only thing that is useful about them, though, is if you're trying to get to the front, too, you can kinda follow one, and use them as a wedge and walk with them a bit in the crowd to get up closer.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:06 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
Crashman wrote:
Awesome!

I think the main point of crowd surfing is that they're trying to get to the front of the crowd, or get a better view of the band.

What actually happens is they get to the front, and security grabs them and makes them march back.

The only thing that is useful about them, though, is if you're trying to get to the front, too, you can kinda follow one, and use them as a wedge and walk with them a bit in the crowd to get up closer.

I get in the pits, but if it's during the main act I'm only in there for a single song or two. I jump in the pits during bands that I'm not a huge fan of, like opening acts or the earlier bands at festivals.

Crowd surfers are, by large, assholes. If you're more than 10% higher than the average weight for a person your height, you should not crowd surf. Someone my size, for example, should keep their fat ass on the ground. Also, lay the fuck still when you're up there. Assholes at Welcome to Rockville were doing flips and shit. Fucking cunts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

the new thing with crowdsurfing, at least with that age group, is when you're crowd surfing you pull out your cellphone and record a video of you surfing and singing the song you're currently hearing.

Also, dumb. Why risk an expensive phone?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:38 am 
In-House Sax Machine

Bogey wrote:
the new thing with crowdsurfing, at least with that age group, is when you're crowd surfing you pull out your cellphone and record a video of you surfing and singing the song you're currently hearing.

Also, dumb. Why risk an expensive phone?

Well most crowdsurfers didn't pay for their phone, I would imagine.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:14 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Hey, let's record this show on my shitty phone that won't pick up the sound quality very well. Wooooo, look at me having fun, this is going on twitter later.

Fuck, when did I become a grumpy old man?

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Story Time!
First off, last night was awesome regardless of what transpired. It was awesome hanging out with Anthony and Donnie. Anyways let me tell you a story.
Anthony and Donnie picked me up around 7 and what not and we had a pleasant drive to Riverside. We ate at Hawkers(Asian street food) which was badass. definitely going back.
So, we get to the bad and walk in. Like 12 people with fiddles and banjos. We all look at each other confused for a moment and walk outside to find out what's going on. Making sure we are at the right place, we see K-Murdock standing outside on the phone. He hangs up and walks over to us and we all say hi and stuff. We tell him about the fiddles and our confusion and he tells is there is a back room. Crisis averted... For now.
The first act comes on and he's a local rapper, and pretty good too. He was fun and friendly and stuff. As he's playing, I feel some hands on my butt briefly and then this woman twirls past me and starts dancing really strangely.
Now let me paint a picture of tragic for you. Picture if you will a woman who looks almost 40, but she is so afraid of that transition that she dresses like she's 18. She has short platinum colored hair and giant fake breasts and is covered in tattoos. Granted I generally try not to judge people by looks, these negative feelings became realized as time goes by.
So she's dancing funny and stuff and it's whatever at this point. Another local group starts and our group kinda chilled in the back. Of course we saw the lady "dancing" some more but it was just whatever again.
Ok, so finally the nerdcore portion of the show was going to start soon. So we move closer to the stage. Tribe One does his set and kills it. Glad I got to see him. While he was performing our dancing Queen was all up on this Lenny Kravitz looking dude. Now it appeared to me that he had a girlfriend. At one point Lady Tragic was talking to her and looking like she wanted all three to dance with her. Well she didn't really want to it seemed, so Lenny and Tragic were dancing all crazy and almost dry humping at times. In between songs while Tribe One was trying to banter with the crowd, our heroine of the story would yell weird things back at him that made little sense or she would demand that he shut up and just rap. This continued.
Doug Funnie came up next and while he had some technical issues, I thought he had some fun stuff. He did a Fist of the North Star rap that I think Patrick would like. During this set, the lady did all the same things.
Finally it was time for MegaRan and K-Murdock to go on stage. Anthony, Donnie, and Myself moved as close to the stage as possible, hoping it would make the crazy bitch dance somewhere else. Oh were we wrong. She twirls up right next to me and with this nasally voice goes "I hope you guys are gonna DANCE!" And I just kinda shrugged. She yells at MegaRan "tell these boys that they have to dance!" He kinda plays along but sort of like "just do the stuff I ask, you know have fun."
So he breaks into the first song and she starts rubbing her butt on me. I slide away slightly and she looks at me completely puzzled. She then goes "Oh, are you gay?" And I'm like "nope" and turn back to the show.
Now, MegaRan likes to tell stories sometimes about how he used to be a teacher and stuff, well anytime he would, this lady would yell "no one cares, just rap!" Wtf!
So she goes around to the other side of the stage thankfully... Or so we think. MegaRan surprises us all by doing the Fresh Prince song. Then half way through the lights go up and the music stops and we see this dude covered in blood and that lady yelling at him about getting in her face. She had broken a beer bottle over his face. So while I don't know exactly what happened I can imagine she was dancing on someone who didn't want that kind of attention and told her off and she went bat shit. So one of the owners runs out and shuts the whole thing down. We got like 5 songs and had to leave because of some crazy person. It was obvious she didn't know or care about who the acts were, she just wanted to go out and be an attention whore and try and escape becoming 40 or something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next