neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:26 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

We ran into several other people in Minecraft costumes almost immediately when we hit the con, so I started telling everyone to meet at 2pm in the back for a photo shoot. Before the photo op, I counted 55 seprate people that stopped us for pics. About 30 people passed by and took pics when we were grouped together. Total count for the day is way over 100, which is far more than any costume nameless and I have worn at any convention. Even beat our count of photo ops for the entirety of running around in Vault Dweller outfits for 4 days at Dragon Con. Anyhow, here's the best of them. More videos to come soon.

We spent the majority of the convention chasing people the recognized us. Nameless ran this one guy around the food court 2 or 3 times before he quit. I made 4 people run away by screaming like a ghast :bluev:

My Liege!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:39 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I love the pictures of you guys looking at the lego cities. especially nameless. he just looks like "THIS NEEDS TO BE EXPLOD"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:43 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

I think those are my favorites as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:21 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

The white faced one with the constant :-O is awesome. Also the ones dude with just the head and the sweet pick-axe is great.

Giganto props to the "Old Spice Guy" cosplay

and what is the costplay you speak of? :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:42 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Cost effective Cosplay?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:21 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Cid_Highwind wrote:
Cost effective Cosplay?

touche

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:34 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

The costume's total cost was under $20. Coat = $3, Tie = $0.50, foam board for the Ghast head was a total of $12. Paints from lots of old d&d stuff too.

Also, that's a typo, just noticed it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:39 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

the oddly shaped creeper with the grey box and green and white rectangles all over it looks like shit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 pm 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Mother fucking awesome. The cosplays are badass and make me much more inspired to pull of my Gabriel Belmont.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:29 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

kliqIMB wrote:
Mother fucking awesome. The cosplays are badass and make me much more inspired to pull of my Gabriel Belmont.

I've still gotta get a Cid Highwind ready. :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

My favorite picture is easily the one of us in front of the legos. It was just a flash of brilliance like "Wait a minute, there's a fucking city of Legos at every con...what are we waiting for?!"

In hindsight, I should've gotten one of me in the kid's lego build area smashing something. Not something a kid made, like, a prop we built beforehand or something.

I really want to get a montage of me running around the con hopping and hissing at people and put it to Tiny Tim's Living In The Sunlight. I don't think we have enough clips to make that good, though. I'll have to work on that at FX Con or something, haha.

I posted it on facebook, but I have a picture of me and like 6 or 7 guys dressed as Anon and they're all pointing at me like "Heeeey, this guy! :awesome: "

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:05 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

I'm gonna put together a creeper costume as well now so we can go as a duo. I'm modifying the ghast helm into something I can put on an extend-able poll so he can follow the creepers around the con, hovering above the crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:08 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I saw a group that made a kite into part of their cosplay group. Maybe we could turn a box kite into a ghast?

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:26 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

ooh, fun. Hmm, I kinda like idea of an extenda-pole tho.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:30 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Might work. But, remember that just a cardboard box was kind of a pain in the ass to lug around. We'd want something lightweight and easy to transport around.

Also, I'm thinking I want like, ice packs in my suit's armpits or something if we're doing another con in the summer with those outfits, haha. :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:34 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
Might work. But, remember that just a cardboard box was kind of a pain in the ass to lug around. We'd want something lightweight and easy to transport around.

Also, I'm thinking I want like, ice packs in my suit's armpits or something if we're doing another con in the summer with those outfits, haha. :coookieesssss:

good idea. I'm thinking like a super-large poster tube for the ghast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:49 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

We need to make you Ghast Tentacle Fist things, like what I had, too. The socks were a good placeholder, but it needs to be boxier.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
We need to make you Ghast Tentacle Fist things, like what I had, too. The socks were a good placeholder, but it needs to be boxier.

True. I estimated about a week's worth of work I'd have to put into those tho, and at that point I had 12 hours before the con.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:44 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

If we could figure out how to add a second sleeve to each arm, too, with dummied out Tentacles, that would be awesome. :awesome:

But, in the mean time, just a pair of boxes over the hands would do nicely, I think. :buddy:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:13 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

These are some great pictures; I love when cosplayers goof around cons in character outside of photo moments. At Otakon last year there was a Hughes cosplayer who decided to just sit under one of the pay phones with the phone off the hook and play dead for however long he was there (we kept walking after seeing and laughing/being sad so I don't know how long he was there. Maybe he needed a nap)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheBatman wrote:
These are some great pictures; I love when cosplayers goof around cons in character outside of photo moments. At Otakon last year there was a Hughes cosplayer who decided to just sit under one of the pay phones with the phone off the hook and play dead for however long he was there (we kept walking after seeing and laughing/being sad so I don't know how long he was there. Maybe he needed a nap)

This is equal parts :awesome: and :911::

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:50 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
TheBatman wrote:

I lol'd and then felt really bad.

I also kept chasing people around in the con whenever they yelled "CREEPER!"

While I was walking by, people would be like "HEY! You blew up my house yesterday" to which I responded by putting down my creeper head, saying "Deal with it." and doing my best Haters Gon' Hate strut. :awesome: This is easily the most fun I've had at a con in a long time, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
TheBatman wrote:

I lol'd and then felt really bad.

I also kept chasing people around in the con whenever they yelled "CREEPER!"

While I was walking by, people would be like "HEY! You blew up my house yesterday" to which I responded by putting down my creeper head, saying "Deal with it." and doing my best Haters Gon' Hate strut. :awesome: This is easily the most fun I've had at a con in a long time, haha.

I should know this, who the fuck is Hughes?

And yeah, people responded to the creeper costume with a kind of revered respect, but all I got from people were exclamations of OH GOD, ONE OF THOSE!!! I need a creeper costume...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:37 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Mae Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist. Brotherhood is on Netflix now, you need to watch that shit, haha.

In the series, Envy shapeshifts to look like one of his pals, and while he's on the phone with the main offices about to totally spoil the Big Bad's plan, Envy walks up behind him and goes BOOM HEADSHOT!

I think that's a spoiler for like...episode 5 or 6 in the series, so it's not a HUGE one. But, man, if you don't expect it coming...shit.

Also, I need to rework the hands I made, too. Make them smaller so I can have the whole sleeve of my jacket instead of have the wrist things go over the sleeves. Looks kinda doofy.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:50 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 7#p3437887

I made a thread about our cosplays when I just finished the head part before the con. I went ahead and uploaded the photos you put onto here on that page, too, so the official forums now have a post about our cosplay. After I uploaded the photos, someone immediately posted a response saying how much they loved the Ghastbusters photo. :awesome:

Oh, also, we can use that forum post as the link to the pictures now, if we want. I'll probably use that link on the videos I'm going to upload with me doing Creeper stuff on youtube.

ExPostFacto wrote: