neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Convention Ever
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:12 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

As if this wasn't the most awesome thing I've ever done, there's more!

Sean said that they were actually hanging out doing some promo for MTV and they were playing the hunting game and someone said, "hey check it out, Twilight!" So Reedus grabbed it and was like "We gotta waste this fucker!" so they posed for 3 or 4 pics of that. I printed that one myself.

Apparently Bill and Ted 3 is in the works, but they're taking their time so they can make sure that it doesn't suck and turn into something like the Alladin series.

The Bruce was there. He was fucking hilarious, but way over-the-top full of his hilarity. I have video clips of his Q&A up in a couple days. It was pretty much a stand-up routine where he would get asked a question by the audience, he would rip on them for about a minute, then would answer the question in the form of a joke. Best hour ever.

Here's my lame attempt at an impersonation of someone you may know. Hint : Creeper is winning!

I call this one "Hungover"

There's about 20 more pics, but these are the best. I'll end with this group shot and a comment about certain famous people.
Alex Winter = Awesome
Anthony Michael Hall = Awesome
Sean Patrick Flanerry, Norman Reedus and David Della Rocco = Coolest celebs ever

They all fall under the same category that I place Johnathan Frakes and Dr. Adam Savage. These people are so fucking cool, down to Earth and incredibly appreciative of their fame. Unlike some celebs (a certain Vulcan that had 10 bodyguards that blocked your cameras at FX last year) they take their time and talk to you, share stories and goto the parties to get smashed at the poolside with the rest of the con-goers.

There were also a lot of good costumes, which I'll put up on my facebook. I'll have some videos up soon, but they're mostly minecraft cosplay related, so I'll put them in the appropriate place.

Oh, also, they're making a Boondock Saints 3.

Post subject: Re: Best Convention Ever
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:21 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Very bad ass, man. I could see your hands in the creeper pics, though :P Gotta be careful about that, haha.

Wish I could've gone, but, money and all, ya know. Still, glad you had fun!

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:30 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I heard Troy Duffy wanted to make another movie or two before going back and doing boondock 3. Maybe that changed, but really, with the ending All Saints Day had, they can't NOT make another sequel.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:06 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

That first picture is amazing on about 20 different levels.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:00 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I love Reedus' shirt in that last picutre, and the blank stare Flannery has in the first one. Also Rocco looks weird for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:49 pm 
KSK Mastermind

awesome

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:18 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

illblamesum1else wrote:
I love Reedus' shirt in that last picutre, and the blank stare Flannery has in the first one. Also Rocco looks weird for some reason.

yeah Rocco cut his hair at one point and has aged a lot in the face.

Reedus wore that same shirt for 3 days straight. He didn't get the con-funk going on tho (he still showered and like washed the shirt) and he was in the hotel gym every day at 8 am, but it's like he started partying Friday and said "Fuck it, it's still clean!" so he just kept it on till he left to catch his plane Sunday.

Edit : Apparently he changed shirts for a bit on Saturday, but I swear he had that same one on first thing in the morning until about time for the photo op.