neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walking Dead Comics
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:00 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Anyone else read them? I want to discuss them, but I don't want to talk about them in the TV show thread since there's enough similarities that the events of the comics could end up being spoilers to the show, but enough differences that they should be separate, anyway.

I just finished issue 88 the other day. Need to find 89-93 online and I'll be all caught up. If anyone actually is keeping up, I just got to where The people in the town they're currently in are starting to revolt and try to get rid of Rick and his group. Or maybe just one guy, really. The cliffhanger in the last issue I read was someone trying to convince other people that Rick is basically ruining the town.

Also, Carl recently got shot again....This time in the face!

Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Comics
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:10 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

I read them for awhile but I grew tired of the melodrama after a while.

Zombie stuff has to either be concise, or wacky if it wants to keep my attention for a long time

Can't remember how far I got

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:07 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I can see that. It's not an easy series to stick with. I think the hardest part with sticking with it is knowing that no one is safe, and your favorite characters will probably die soon. Did you get through the whole prison storyline, with The Governer and the town of Woodbury? Holy fuck that was a complete massacre.

I'm still spoilering things incase people pick it up, or someone clicks here and reads things that may happen somewhere down the line in the show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:59 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

hey! hey pat! post here about comics! so you read issue 57? I looked it up at http://walkingdead.wikia.com/ and saw that its the issue where bandits try to rape Carl. I personally would love to see the first or second episode of season 4 being Carl thinking Rick is dead and he's all alone now. Except by then Chandler Riggs will be like 14 so it'll be a little less interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:29 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

yeah issue 57 Carl nearly getting butt sexed but Rick fucking snaps and kills nearly all of them (Abraham did kill one of them). I think that's the most brutal thing in the comic so far aside from Michonne getting revenge on The Govener. I agree season four should start after The Prison gets over run season three should end with Carl and Rick by themselves in the the house with Zombies surrounding them, or at least those three like in the comics then season four picks up from there. It would suck to have that cliff hanger but at the same time I think it'd be fitting for the comics, but as we've seen they're not going by the source material too much, more like a guideline. I doubt they're gonna show Carl almost getting it in the butt but I hope they show Rick snapping like that in the future after all the shit in season three...

I was hoping Axel survived a bit longer, It would've been interesting to have a jailbird running around with the crew, and to have him grow as a character, but well... he got shot like a whiteboy in the head so I guess that's never gonna happen hahaha. I'm on issue 62 and feel like plowing through the rest right now

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:54 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

just finished book 3 which takes me into the Episode 36 range as I believe the hardbacks go 12 comics each.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

wait until the cannibal story arc. One of my favorite parts of the series is in that arc.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Dale
HAHA! I'M TAINTED MEAT!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

hahaha just finished that one last night... That was pretty funny but I still don't like the guy with the mullet... He doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing, something's off (trying my best not to wiki him)

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:04 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Eugene?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:38 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Eugene?

Yeah him, I just read the next one.... hahaha my gut was right, I wonder how long before someone kills Eugene for leading everyone on

You know what was also an awesome part in the comics?

When Tyrese cleared the entire gym area of zombies with nothing but a mother fucking hammer, I seriously thought that guy was dead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:42 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Blackman! wrote:
You know what was also an awesome part in the comics?

When Tyrese cleared the entire gym area of zombies with nothing but a mother fucking hammer, I seriously thought that guy was dead

I really hope they introduce that character just so that can happen. Like make it a cliffhanger between episodes. Or just let T-dog do it, since I won't be surprised if in order to give the character meaning, they just put him in Tyrese's role. But yeah. That was pretty fucking badass. Too bad he gets his head hacked the fuck off. With Michonne's sword no less.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So I just finished Hardcover Book 4, and again going on the assumption these are 12 issues per book I just finished issue 48. Needless to say for the first time ever reading a comic I feel legit sick, shocked, and disgusted by actions of a character.

Lori? Really? Fucker murdered an infant. Cold fucking blood.

I am also ashamed at how long I've had these hardcovers and how long I put off reading through them straight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:43 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
So I just finished Hardcover Book 4, and again going on the assumption these are 12 issues per book I just finished issue 48. Needless to say for the first time ever reading a comic I feel legit sick, shocked, and disgusted by actions of a character.

I am also ashamed at how long I've had these hardcovers and how long I put off reading through them straight.

If you're just at the point where the prison is gone, Rick and Carl got separated from the other survivors, and half the cast just got wiped out at once then yes, that was issue 48. That's where the first compendium ends.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:

If you're just at the point where the prison is gone, Rick and Carl got separated from the other survivors, and half the cast just got wiped out at once then yes, that was issue 48. That's where the first compendium ends.

yep, right there. So it is 12 issues per hardback. I knew the compendium ended around there. But seriously....fuck man..........fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I just finished the No Way Out arc (issues79-84)

God damn.....

Also Abraham is jumping up my list of favorites just because of the potty mouth hahahaha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:12 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Blackman! wrote:

God damn.....

Also Abraham is jumping up my list of favorites just because of the potty mouth hahahaha

was that the horde breaking down the wall? and the guy in charge of the town going nuts and firing blindly?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Blackman! wrote:

God damn.....

was that the horde breaking down the wall? and the guy in charge of the town going nuts and firing blindly?

and Carl getting shot in the mother fucking FACE... yes that is part of the No Way Out arc of the comics.

I finished reading up to issue 90 and I can't find torrents for copies 91-94, I'm gonna get Compendiums 1 and 2 once 2 is released, but I'm on the fence about the trade paperbacks... They take at least 6 months to come out (seeing as this thing is released monthly as long as they don't fall behind schedule). I'll definitely TPB vol 16, but after that I might just go single issue... I dunno... or I can keep pirating until they reach Compendium 3 and buy that hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:25 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

i've had no issue with isohunt or demonoid finding up to 94. i think 95 just came out this week. havent looked for it yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:00 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

As a guy who just downloaded it last night I can confirm that demonoid has #95, I grabbed a torrent that had #1-95 plus a couple of other things.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Finally got around to reading 95. I lol'd at the ending

"...What?" - Rick, covered in blood

Also, oh shit, 96 came out today and is the finale of the "Larger World" arc.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:21 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I dont like the way issue 97 ended. Go ahead and kill Eugene. I don't care. But they better not fuck with Abraham.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

illblamesum1else wrote:
I dont like the way issue 97 ended. Go ahead and kill Eugene. I don't care. But they better not fuck with Abraham.

Issue 98: WELP. All of these motherfuckers have to die.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:50 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

BUMP.

Walking Dead issue #100 came out today....

GODDAMNIT WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, KIRKMAN

that is all. :(

EDIT: *looks back at quadruple post* Is anyone reading this series, or am I the only one?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:57 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I stopped reading after

Rick and the others went to Alexandria and shot that guy and the comic ended with Rick saying "what?"

I dunno how many issues that is but I guess it's time to catch up

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I just remembered I had all these to read, so I read 102 issues over the last 3 days.

illblamesum1else wrote:
BUMP.

Walking Dead issue #100 came out today....

GODDAMNIT WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, KIRKMAN

that is all. :(

EDIT: *looks back at quadruple post* Is anyone reading this series, or am I the only one?

Oh man, that was brutal and I am sad.