neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Comics
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:59 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

did any of them past 100 come out?

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Are you asking if anymore issues past 100 have come out, if so, yes, I read 102 today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Neon Jackal wrote:
Are you asking if anymore issues past 100 have come out, if so, yes, I read 102 today.

This storyline is really fucking interesting. I really can't wait to see where it goes from here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:30 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I started about two weeks ago and I'm currently reading #75.

After the prison:
illblamesum1else wrote:
wait until the cannibal story arc. One of my favorite parts of the series is in that arc.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Dale
HAHA! I'M TAINTED MEAT!!

^favourite moment. I liked Dale a lot. I really appreciated that his conflict with Rick was resolved before he died.

In the prison:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Blackman! wrote:
You know what was also an awesome part in the comics?

When Tyrese cleared the entire gym area of zombies with nothing but a mother fucking hammer, I seriously thought that guy was dead

I really hope they introduce that character just so that can happen. Like make it a cliffhanger between episodes. Or just let T-dog do it, since I won't be surprised if in order to give the character meaning, they just put him in Tyrese's role. But yeah. That was pretty fucking badass. Too bad he gets his head hacked the fuck off. With Michonne's sword no less.

I know Tyrese is a big guy and the whole hacking thing is extremely dramatic and the governor only had one arm and everything but to me the main thing that stood out about that was the continuing juxtaposition to Michonne who can hack a mans head clean off without breaking a sweat.

Eugene: HAHAHA
Gabriel: What a douche.
I miss Axel.

I like how much rick changes. By the last prison arc I was attached to the group instead and didn't give a damn about him - then bam, he's on his own with carl. Now that he's a double faced paranoid police officer I'm super stoked to see how it plays out. Now a year has passed like Rick i am far more brutal in my attitude to how I'd handle a situation like this - it's far more fun to see him act like a psycho now.

have I mentioned the severe headfuck of the lori and shane stuff when i have kid and a pregnant wife? i love this series.

edit: also, what is this, gaysville?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:47 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

They've been stuck in a story arc that I kind of wish they'd just resolve by this point for a little over a year now. But at the same time, it's still interesting enough to have me waiting for the next issue, so I guess it could be worse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I've been sick of Negan for quite a while now, hopefully he's gone soon and they can move on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:54 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I just finished #90. I read a letter in it where someone was convinced that Lori didn't die (yeah right). But then i thought how funny it would be if Lori was the chick who stabbed Eric and stole the horse. :mrgreen:

Carl's headwound looked far worse than it was i guess. I read a letter where RK says it goes through his eye and out his temple.

I thought it was great how everyone inc. Gabriel rushed out and cleared out the zombies without losing anyone immediately after Rick hacked off Jessie's hand. What a dick. :awesome: I hated Jessie so much.

I predicted Andrea and Rick hooking up pretty early. I loved all the phone stuff.

uhhh not much else to say. Carl's the man.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Carl's a little badass in the comics. He might be my favorite character. And Jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

To anyone still reading, Issue #115 came out last week, and is the first chapter of a new volume. All volumes up to now have been 6 issues, but this one is planned to be 12, crammed into a 6 month period, releasing almost biweekly. Also, the volume is called "All Out War." so... yeah. I'm kind of excited for this. :awesome:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:40 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
To anyone still reading, Issue #115 came out last week, and is the first chapter of a new volume. All volumes up to now have been 6 issues, but this one is planned to be 12, crammed into a 6 month period, releasing almost biweekly. Also, the volume is called "All Out War." so... yeah. I'm kind of excited for this. :awesome:

So why did anyone think Rick would actually shoot Negan? COME ON.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

If he did that, we wouldn't get "All Out War" which after one issue is already shaping up to be pretty good. It better not disappoint. The comic has been dragging since #100 with an interesting issue or 2 here or there... So I'm really hoping this picks it up.