neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Blackman! wrote:
I +1 The Walking Dead, it kinda lulls at the prison, but after that it's pretty fucking intense...

It actually gets pretty intense about halfway through the prison, I think. Stays like that for a little while afterwards, lulls a little more for a bit and then picks up again. It has slow patches here and there but it's been more or less pretty damn intense since they saw the helicopter at the prison.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Blackman! wrote:
I +1 The Walking Dead, it kinda lulls at the prison, but after that it's pretty fucking intense...

It actually gets pretty intense about halfway through the prison, I think. Stays like that for a little while afterwards, lulls a little more for a bit and then picks up again. It has slow patches here and there but it's been more or less pretty damn intense since they saw the helicopter at the prison.

Probably shouldn't be quoting this (I have to avert my eyes from potential spoilers) but I'm def interested in Walking Dead -- especially because they have those nice hefty thousand-page paperback tomes readily available (and cheap).

What the gay?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:54 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Also, recently caught the Green Lantern movie on HBO. It was a meandering mess of a film, but I still found myself interested in the whole "Green Lantern Corps" concept. I'm certain there are worthwhile graphic novels collecting GL story arcs. So, where should I start?

What the gay?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

*awaits snifit's reply*

He mentioned one book that should be read a long time ago and I picked it up when Borders was going out of business... It was a damn good read. I'll post the title when I get upstairs.

Also that spoiler isn't so huge that reading it will ruin a plot point, you just know shit's about to go down anyway at that point... but if you don't want to know that something bad is gonna happen when something obviously huge happens, then yeah look away.

EDIT- Green Lantern: Secret Origin is the book I have in my desk

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Probably the BEST place to start reading GL is Rebirth. That recounts the story of Hal Jordan and basically "sets things right" after Parallax. It also explains and starts a bunch of concepts that become really important in alter books. If you want to get into the Crops specifically, read Recharge. It collects the stories that bring back the structure of the Corps and introduces a bunch of new Lanterns. There's two small volumes that are stories about the Corps after Recharge but once you read Recharge you can pretty much jump right into the Sinestro Corps War, which is a pretty solid story. After that it gets into all the other multi-colored Corps and...that's about where I stopped following. Not because it got bad but because I just couldn't afford to keep up. They've done some interesting stuff, I've heard, with finding new guardians for each of the new Corps, but I don't know too much about it.

Definitely look to Recharge and the Sinestro Corps though. And also watch Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. MUCH better movie than the live action one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

On Snifit's recommendation I read GL Rebirth and onwards until Brightest Day, and I enjoyed most of it a great deal.

I don't know if I can recommend anything myself, people like a lot of different things, I mostly enjoyed self contained stories like ones set in alternate realities and stuff, ones that have a start and end.
With Marvel I really enjoyed Marvel Zombies and all the spin-offs/crossovers, There was even an Army of Darkness crossover with Ash and the Necronomikon.
I really dig anything Deadpool related, from his limited and on-going stories to stuff like Merc with a Mouth(Marvel Zombies crossover), Deadpool Corps and Suicide Kings.
Some of the Marvel What If... stories are fun too and they're new reader friendly, usually explaining the important details on the first page or two.
Old Man Logan was another I really enjoyed, as well as Hulk: The End and Punisher: The End.
Right now I'm reading Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe and Space Punisher, both limited alternate reality stories, and so far they are pretty fun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bubble Man wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Blackman! wrote:

Probably shouldn't be quoting this (I have to avert my eyes from potential spoilers) but I'm def interested in Walking Dead -- especially because they have those nice hefty thousand-page paperback tomes readily available (and cheap).

It was a minor spoiler, more of a plot point that leads to huge spoilers. By the time the second Compendium comes out in October (which will cover issues 49-96) the series will be up to 102. You could just pirate the other 6 and read them all before 103 in November!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 pm 

Just bought the trade collection of the Infinity Gauntlet. Loving it so far. One issue in and shit is already hitting the fan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:58 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Finished Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe, the last issue started off strong but ended too quick, I feel like this series might've been more fun with more issues but overall I enjoyed it.

Got the first issue of The Victories, looks interesting so far.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:21 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm ordering some trades today. Here is my current list:

Killing Joke
Mad Love
Fatale
Punisher Vol 1 (the new punisher series)

and I might preorder the Marvel Zombie Omnibus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Bogey wrote:

Killing Joke

Why

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:03 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheBatman wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Killing Joke

Why

I think it's worth reading, but vastly overrated. It's pretty good, but I just didn't get what was so special about it. I'm not sure why it's so highly regarded. I enjoyed it and all, but I wasn't as interested in it as Year One or Dark Knight Returns. Or even Kevin Smith's Cacophony.

If you haven't already ordered it, just find it at a Barnes and Noble somewhere, sit down and read it there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:27 pm 
KSK Mastermind

You know, i've heard in a lot of places how AvX wasnt very popular, but i really enjoyed it. Now that its over, i felt satisfied, and all the clean up stuff has been pretty good so far. AvX Consequences is neat, and Uncanny Avengers is pretty solid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I haven't read any AvX yet but I did cave and read Uncanny Avengers anyway, looked promising. Also, wtf Red Skull? Seriously? Put his brain back!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:13 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

I fell off of AvX after a few issues because of how terrible it is

I'll read it eventually just to finish it but I have no legitimate reason to

THE PHOENIX FIVE is seriously the dumbest fucking thing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:50 am 
KSK Mastermind

i dunno, i thought they looked pretty badass. This series actually made me care about Cyclops in some fashion, and usually i could care less about him.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Nova at the end smashing Cyclops into the ground was pretty amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

It is great, I'm sad that it's only going to be 4 issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

There is a lot of material for that kind of a series to run with. I'd love to see Deadpool's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The reboot of Captain America is interesting. They went in a completely different direction than Brubaker did and this is far much more out there sci-fi. It was a smart move. Makes you appreciate it for what it is instead of comparing it to Brubaker's giant, and amazing, run.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah, I've been reading pretty much everything Marvel that's come out lately, figured why not, got the time.
I was surprised by how much I've been enjoying the new Captain America, it was a surprise. Another surprise is how disappointing Thunderbolts is so far, I was pretty excited when I learnt that Punisher, Venom(Flash) and Deadpool were all going to be on the team but so far it's been a bit boring.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:55 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Uncanny Avengers and All New X-men are WHERE ITS ATT MUTHA FUCKAS!

I mean, i am really enjoying them, in fact Uncanny Avengers is the reason Red Skull is now my second favorite villain.

I am also reading Captain Marvel (mainly to have for Betsy when she gets older :D). Fantastic Four of course. Avengers is really good too. Also Thunderbolts, it has been a lil slow but you know with those guys it will pick up.

Marvel has really made me happy lately and I am super glad i got back into comics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm buying Young Avengers tomorrow, and I'm definitely getting Bryan Lee O'Malley's variant cover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 am 
KSK Mastermind

Nova #1 was pretty neat. I just got 2, but have not read it yet. Uncanny Avengers is still pretty bitching. New Avengers is crazy! Avengers is getting good too.

All New X-men keeps getting badass.

Age of Ultron is Marvels new big storyline this year, and so far it is BADASS! Its like Terminator with super heroes (whats left).

Also, at megacon i scored Peter Porker Spectactular Spider-Ham #1, and its up on my wall. looks silly. it stars Ducktor Doom.

I got a few trades too, Guardian Devil which is Kevin Smith's run on Daredevil. FANTASTIC so far. I was pretty indifferent to DareDevil, i mean i enjoyed the movie and he made some good jokes in New Avengers, but i never cared a lot for him. this book changes all of that.

I also got Dark Knight Returns (finally) and Batman: Cacophony which is Kevin Smith and Walt Flannigan. Looking forward to that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I look forward to seeing how Nova goes.
New Avengers and All New X-men are awesome yeah, and Avengers is alright, seems like it might tie in with New Avengers so that should work in it's favour.
I can't wait to start seeing some of the Age of Ultron tie-ins, I think we get Superior Spider-man(Another series I'm really enjoying) AU this week so that should be badarse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:32 am 

I'm pretty sure the Sonic/Mega Man crossover is supposed to kick off soon. Maybe next month?

I've been wanting to get the Mega Man comics but I haven't had the chance to. Thinking I'll HAVE to get these ones though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
Batman: Cacophony

Loved that story. Onomatopoeia is a pretty cool villain and there's a scene at the end of that book that I occasionally go and re-read, without reading the rest of the book. A scene that keeps drawing me back like "Hey, remember how awesome I was? Come read me again!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next