neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:48 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Snifit wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Sonic/Mega Man crossover is supposed to kick off soon. Maybe next month?

I've been wanting to get the Mega Man comics but I haven't had the chance to. Thinking I'll HAVE to get these ones though.

:cookieshuh:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Is that huh for there being a Mega Man/Sonic crossover comic? Or for me wanting to read it?

The Mega Man comic is pretty solid stuff (from what I've heard from my local comic expert) and the Sonic comic has been running for ages so it must be doing something entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:48 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

mostly the first part

The Mega Man comic is pretty solid from what I've read but the sonic comic is decades of aspergers and a crossover between the two sounds like pure autism

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 pm 

TheBatman wrote:
...but the sonic comic is decades of aspergers and a crossover between the two sounds like pure autism

What? When did mental illness become insults? Can't we just say "lame" or "shit"?

I really want to see Wily and Eggman together. The two are schemers and you just know they'll be out to screw over the other from the get go. I think it'll be interesting to see them interact. I'm also pretty sure they had a preview variant cover where it was the two of them on a bicycle built for two. I want to know what the hell that's about ha ha

EDIT - Found it

Attachments:
tumblr_mg0n51banj1qdlmnso1_500.jpg
tumblr_mg0n51banj1qdlmnso1_500.jpg [ 222.23 KiB | Viewed 3951 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Snifit wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
...but the sonic comic is decades of aspergers and a crossover between the two sounds like pure autism

What? When did mental illness become insults? Can't we just say "lame" or "shit"?

I'm trying to wean myself off of it but I spent so much time kind of being wrapped up in the chris chan thing due to proximity that its still pops up whenever bad Sonic the Hedgehog stuff is the topic at hand

Because if you look at the internet there is the oddest connection between those illnesses and awful Sonic things

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I don't even know, man. There's certain fandoms/social movements that I genuinely think just by default fall somewhere under the umbrella of autism. Bronies, hardcore sonic fans, "Men's Rights Activists"....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:17 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Whoa, Age of Ultron 03...

My favourite part was Taskmaster calling Red Hulk "Dave"
Also, that's no way for T'Challa to go out!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 am 

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
I don't even know, man. There's certain fandoms/social movements that I genuinely think just by default fall somewhere under the umbrella of autism. Bronies, hardcore sonic fans, "Men's Rights Activists"....

There is a definitive line between a legitimate mental disorder and taking an extreme enjoyment in an all ages product (bronies), clinging to nostalgia to the point of disregarding obvious flaws in a brand (Sonic fans), and believing that reducing one's cultural dominance is an attack (Men's Rights Activists)

Yes, the guy who intends to marry Twilight Sparkle has issues. However I think that using blanket statements to describe large and varied groups and equating them with mental or physical disabilities is just...not right. I don't think any individual "Men's Rights" advocate is mentally wrong. I think they are just misguided, narrow minded, and possibly misogynist. You don't have to have a mental handicap to be those things. Of the three groups mentioned, I think they are the worst offenders but equating them with retardation is a disservice to the people who actually have a mental retardation.

Like I said Sonic fans are just clinging to nostalgia. There's not a single person who doesn't want to return to a happier time after meeting a crappy reality. Bronies, well most are ok. Yes there are some that fetishize the characters but you find those in every fandom. I don't understand how a brony is a freak and a pedophile and a fucking (you have found TGFA's secret word) but people with "waifus" are accepted. There are freaks in every walk of life and they are the extremes, generally, and any group is ugly if you only look at the extremes. A forum built on gamers and metal fans should know this better than anyone.

I didn't mean to start this speech but really, that just got to me. I mean imagine seeing a diehard sports fan get teary eyed after his team loses in the playoffs. Now is it right to say "Oh man, Gary's crying just because the Jets didn't win. Dude's straight up got Down Syndrome"?

================================================

I read "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the America Way?" yesterday. It's the story Superman vs the lite was based off. It was pretty good and I could see why some people don't like it but some think it's a great Superman story. I think I'm leaning towards great. I think it pretty nicely sums up what makes Superman great and kinda explains why he's cool against all the "he's too powerful to be interesting"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:56 pm 
KSK Mastermind

finished Guardian Devil. one of my new favorite books, and i now love Daredevil.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:18 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Snifit wrote:
I don't understand how a brony is a freak and a pedophile and a fucking (you have found TGFA's secret word)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
Snifit wrote:
I don't understand how a brony is a freak and a pedophile and a fucking (you have found TGFA's secret word)

Is it weeaboo? I bet it's weeaboo.

Damn. I'm gonna figure this one out.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 pm 

d-egenerate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Snifit wrote:
"Oh man, Gary's crying just because the Jets didn't win. Dude's straight up got Down Syndrome"?

I fully agree with your entire post, but this put me into tears of hilarious joy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:55 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

People on the autism spectrum do tend to find something to latch onto and focus more energy in than people not on the spectrum would. So in that context, using "autistic" makes sense. Doesn't make it excusable to use, but neither is "gay" and that's used all the time, and makes less sense in any kind of derogatory context if you think about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:39 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
People on the autism spectrum do tend to find something to latch onto and focus more energy in than people not on the spectrum would. So in that context, using "autistic" makes sense. Doesn't make it excusable to use, but neither is "gay" and that's used all the time, and makes less sense in any kind of derogatory context if you think about it.

yes, please be politically correct and use the official terms. 'downy' and 're re'.

idk. i think anyone who gets so excited as to let out a burst of loud noises formed into words* to be a bit odd.
each one of us, having been one at one point or another, should be able to understand the type of person who wears their favorite brand as a sticker on the forehead. i think, a lot of the time, the fantasy of the assumed emotional content scratches an itch that isn't being hit upon otherwise.

so in the case of MLP; i'd say it's a safe assumption that somewhere around 60%-70% of bronies have issues with rejection. as mirrored by the content of the show. granted a lot of people have issues with rejection, but i think it's a safe bet that the density is higher.

*such as 'yeehaw' or shaking and shouting while watching a sporting event. but then again; we can't all be nicknamed 'ice-man'**

** new topic: a video short involving several characters all (nicked)named (the)ice-man.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:29 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

S1eepy wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

yes, please be politically correct and use the official terms. 'downy' and 're re'.

idk. i think anyone who gets so excited as to let out a burst of loud noises formed into words* to be a bit odd.
each one of us, having been one at one point or another, should be able to understand the type of person who wears their favorite brand as a sticker on the forehead. i think, a lot of the time, the fantasy of the assumed emotional content scratches an itch that isn't being hit upon otherwise.

so in the case of MLP; i'd say it's a safe assumption that somewhere around 60%-70% of bronies have issues with rejection. as mirrored by the content of the show. granted a lot of people have issues with rejection, but i think it's a safe bet that the density is higher.

*such as 'yeehaw' or shaking and shouting while watching a sporting event. but then again; we can't all be nicknamed 'ice-man'**

** new topic: a video short involving several characters all (nicked)named (the)ice-man.

Sporting events I can understand. That's kind of the point of sporting events, really, both as a participant and a spectator. To be emotionally involved and excited to that level. But someone watching like, a sonic cartoon and just yelling with excitement all the time at every little bit? yeah, that's odd.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:45 am 
KSK Mastermind

Nova 1 and 2 were awesome, as was Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1. So good, i shouted YEEHAW after i read them.

but yeah, they are fun books.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i just imagine people getting so bottled up with energy that they start shaking. then suddenly: out comes this loud verbal shout to release a bunch of it.

is it anything like that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:32 am 
KSK Mastermind

i do that when i cum.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Doesn't everybody? And by that I mean the population of this entire planet. When you cum.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:02 am 
KSK Mastermind

i know someone who doesnt make noise, or so i am told.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I don't, really.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

For clarification, I meant everyone in the world shouts when jessie cums.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:43 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Oh, well then nevermind, I totally do that. Every time Jessie cums I squawk like a parrot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:29 pm 
KSK Mastermind

you guys flatter me, but at the same time, deep down in my heart, i always knew. :911::

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next