neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: SPORTS
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:30 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

The only two sports teams I follow (one casually and the other religiously) have played a combined 13 games, and have a grand total of zero wins between them. Devils and Giants fans be like:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

GG, Jessie. While not as fun as in-division games, I always like when Tampa Bay Lightning come to town. They're a fun team to watch. Especially Stamkos. I think he's usually overshadowed by guys like Crosby and Ovechkin, but in my opinion he's easily one of the top forwards in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:30 am 
KSK Mastermind

yeah it was a good one. We sort of fell apart at times it seemed and of course its hard to get anything past Marty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

You should go to a Bolts game when the Devils are in town :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Steelers suck! They really, really suck! :facepalm:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:26 am 
KSK Mastermind

illblamesum1else wrote:
You should go to a Bolts game when the Devils are in town :coookieesssss:

I may have to do that. I know I am going to atleast one this season. but probably sometime after the new year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:52 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Went to the Giants game yesterday. They won. And then went from there straight to the Devils game. They won too. :awesome:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:18 pm 
KSK Mastermind

its now your job to attend every sporting event in your area, Karma has spoken.

Also, Only one of my teams seems to be good this year.

Have you seen the Jags, they FINALLY WON!
My Gators are pretty terrible. Injuries ravaged this team, and then whats left doesnt seem to know whats going on. Not to mention everyone is much tougher in the SEC.

BUT despite all that shit, there is flash in the distance... A flash.... of Lightning. I know its early, but they do look pretty good out there. Winning big games when they need to, like against the Red Wings! I like the aggressive play they do. Ben Bishop is impressing me each game. Our defense is alright. It's just sometimes they give up the big play and that can really cost you. But so far, impressive start for the Bolts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
its now your job to attend every sporting event in your area, Karma has spoken.

Also, Only one of my teams seems to be good this year.

Have you seen the Jags, they FINALLY WON!
My Gators are pretty terrible. Injuries ravaged this team, and then whats left doesnt seem to know whats going on. Not to mention everyone is much tougher in the SEC.

BUT despite all that shit, there is flash in the distance... A flash.... of Lightning. I know its early, but they do look pretty good out there. Winning big games when they need to, like against the Red Wings! I like the aggressive play they do. Ben Bishop is impressing me each game. Our defense is alright. It's just sometimes they give up the big play and that can really cost you. But so far, impressive start for the Bolts.

Yeah, the Bolts are actually doing really well so far this season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 pm 
KSK Mastermind

and then.... Stammer breaks his Tibia...... http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hoc ... -stretcher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:30 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I've, honestly, never thought it was up for debate between Brady and Manning. Manning, hands down, has always been the better quarterback. Take away the rings and Manning is the guy you would choose to have during any game if given the choice between the two. The guy is just a fucking scientist of football.

What a decimation of a teams defense. Manning picked them apart the entire time at his own whim. I think the Pats only got 16 on the board because Denver's D got a bit 'laxed during the last 6 minutes and let'em run some stuff they shouldn't have.

Seattle won't be at home during the Superbowl. The advantage of that crowd and stadium is gone. I'm not sure if they'll be able to handle Denver on neutral ground. Super Bowl looks good. Fun fact: the two states playing are the two who have legalized weed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:11 am 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Bogey wrote:
I've, honestly, never thought it was up for debate between Brady and Manning. Manning, hands down, has always been the better quarterback. Take away the rings and Manning is the guy you would choose to have during any game if given the choice between the two. The guy is just a fucking scientist of football.

What a decimation of a teams defense. Manning picked them apart the entire time at his own whim. I think the Pats only got 16 on the board because Denver's D got a bit 'laxed during the last 6 minutes and let'em run some stuff they shouldn't have.

Seattle won't be at home during the Superbowl. The advantage of that crowd and stadium is gone. I'm not sure if they'll be able to handle Denver on neutral ground. Super Bowl looks good. Fun fact: the two states playing are the two who have legalized weed.

After tonight, all I want is for Manning to decimate the Seahawks. I want him to either throw towards Richard Sherman all night long, or use any of his numerous weaponized receivers to render Sherman completely irrelevant.

Also, I just realized I never came in here and gloated about the Noles winning the national championship. What a great season it was for those guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:57 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
Bogey wrote:

After tonight, all I want is for Manning to decimate the Seahawks. I want him to either throw towards Richard Sherman all night long, or use any of his numerous weaponized receivers to render Sherman completely irrelevant.

Also, I just realized I never came in here and gloated about the Noles winning the national championship. What a great season it was for those guys.

The amount of weapons in Denver's arsenal probably can't be stopped. If Moreno is healthy, probably the biggest question for the game, his running and the ability to throw to Welker, D. Thomas, and J. Thomas will probably be just too much.

What is Sherman going to do? Guard Welker? He'll throw to D. Thomas. Guard D. Thomas? He'll throw to Welker. Having only one shut-down corner is great until there are 2 pro-bowl worthy wide receivers on one team. Hell, Manning has been relying on his TE so much he wouldn't even need Welker and D. Thomas if he chose to ignore them. That team is stacked. I'm super surprised that this is Champ Bailey's first super bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:00 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Someone will have to step up. I am kinda pulling for Seattle for some reason. I couldnt even begin to say why. I think it will be a fun super bowl to watch.

Grats to the Noles. You guys had/have some BEASTLY talent.. I hope Benjamin gets drafted early, that dude is a BEAST.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:30 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I swear to fucking god everyone in my state has gone apeshit.

This is what everyone looks like to me right now:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:34 am 
KSK Mastermind

Super Bowl is a pretty big deal to a lot of people Morte.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
I swear to fucking god everyone in my state has gone apeshit.

This is what everyone looks like to me right now:

watching meltdowns from sports fans can be fun. Over the years I've just grown into a very comfortable: "I want to watch the Steelers play because I'm a fan. If they win, cool. If they lose, cool. I really hope they get to the playoffs and I can continue to watch them. It'd be cool to see them win the superbowl, if not, cool." I enjoy watching football. I just would prefer to watch the team I enjoy most playing in it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:11 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
watching meltdowns from sports fans can be fun. Over the years I've just grown into a very comfortable: "I want to watch the Steelers play because I'm a fan. If they win, cool. If they lose, cool. I really hope they get to the playoffs and I can continue to watch them. It'd be cool to see them win the superbowl, if not, cool." I enjoy watching football. I just would prefer to watch the team I enjoy most playing in it.

I wish I could be that way with hockey. I mean, I can watch any game unless it's two teams that I hate (and I really only loathe the Rangers and Flyers, so if I am watching, I'll root for whichever outcome benefits the Devils the most...) But Devils fans have been spoiled by only missing the playoffs 4 times since the 87-88 season, 5 appearances in the Finals (95, 00, 01, 03, 12) and winning the cup three times (95, 00, 03.) So, it's come to be almost an expectation that our season will continue after the regular season ends, and on those years it doesn't (twice in the past 3 seasons,) it's a pretty big disappointment. I still watch the playoffs anyway, because I want to see who wins, but I hate when they're not in. It's just not something I'm accustomed to, since they've made 21 out of 26 playoffs that I've been alive for. And if they make it to the finals and lose... I hate the team that beat us for years. It was a good 7 or 8 years before I stopped hating Colorado after 2001. And Los Angeles can go fuck itself :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:07 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:

I wish I could be that way with hockey. I mean, I can watch any game unless it's two teams that I hate (and I really only loathe the Rangers and Flyers, so if I am watching, I'll root for whichever outcome benefits the Devils the most...) But Devils fans have been spoiled by only missing the playoffs 4 times since the 87-88 season, 5 appearances in the Finals (95, 00, 01, 03, 12) and winning the cup three times (95, 00, 03.) So, it's come to be almost an expectation that our season will continue after the regular season ends, and on those years it doesn't (twice in the past 3 seasons,) it's a pretty big disappointment. I still watch the playoffs anyway, because I want to see who wins, but I hate when they're not in. It's just not something I'm accustomed to, since they've made 21 out of 26 playoffs that I've been alive for. And if they make it to the finals and lose... I hate the team that beat us for years. It was a good 7 or 8 years before I stopped hating Colorado after 2001. And Los Angeles can go fuck itself :coookieesssss:

Well the Steelers are in the same boat. They've missed the playoffs like 3 times in the last 15 years or so. Might even be longer into the 90s. Granted, when I watch other games I am still watching to see what benefits the Steelers the most (the last 3 weeks of the season where the Ravens, Dolphins, and Chargers had to have huge meltdowns with the Steelers winning was interesting), but if they end up not in it (which, again, twice in the last decade) I can just chill out and see what everyone else is doing.

Also, in the playoffs, my entire joy watching this time was seeing the Chargers get their asses kicked (as the Steelers should've gotten in because of the botched call in the Chiefs/Chargers regular season game which would've given the Steelers the final playoff spot). So I still watch with some "my team should be here" spite, but it's not at the level I see other people viewing things. I'm sure if I lived in Pit and could go to games all the time or something I'd be more diehard. Unfortunately, I'm a fan of a team that doesn't get as much play around here because it's Indiana and our CBS has a tendency to show Colts games or games that effect Colts schedules (also, Broncos with Manning). If it isn't a Monday night I have to catch their stuff on NFL redzone.

I did grow up in a house that Elway built, too. The entire house is the offspring of Alabama's Crimson Tide and the Denver Broncos. So, for the super bowl, I'm totally on the Broncos side. Even with my own fandom, I couldn't ignore the amount of time I spent watching the Broncos growing up and my dad's love of them completely.

Yeah, this got long. Uhhh, I think the final statement is, when I'm watching it without the Steelers playing, I can just appreciate really well played football. Watching Peyton Manning work is something amazing to see. That Seahawks/49er game was just tense and well played throughout.

And with all this Steeler talk might I just bring up one of the most awesome defensive players ever

bonus note: I hate seeing Baltimore succeed. So it''s all good man. Fuck those guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:00 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:41 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Welp, that sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

peyton + cold = chicken dinner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:57 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

S1eepy wrote:
peyton + cold = chicken dinner.

Peyton is, at worst, to blame for 10-15% of that game. That O-line didn't do it's job for 3/4ths of that game, special teams had multiple problems on offense and defense, how Thomas just didn't hold that ball while running is insane. This is the dumb thing about the NFL. The QB gets all the reward and all the blame. The Seattle Defense deserves the MVP trophy, and I'm glad a defensive player got it. Peyton had 3 bad passes and 1 interception that was his fault. Everything else was tipped balls or hit while throwing because the O-line couldn't keep anyone at bay.

I won't say Peyton deserves no blame, because again he had some passes that were bad, but he is in no way even the majority of the problem in that game. That was bad and the entire team should be ashamed. Especially that O-line.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Martin Brodeur trade rumors flying around, and sadly very believable...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next