neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: SPORTS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:23 pm 
KSK Mastermind

WHY?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:13 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
WHY?!

He's only played 3 of the past 15 games. His last start was a 7-3 loss on a national broadcast outdoor game against our biggest rival. He doesn't like being a backup, apparently. He has a no trade clause, but would be willing to waive it if he thinks the trade is beneficial to both him and the Devils. So it would all depend on what we would get in return, which, as much as I love the guy and will always be my favorite player, probably won't be much. He's not what he used to be, and I can't see any team wanting to sign a goalie who will be 42 by the end of the season, especially if said goalie is looking to leave his current team due to lack of play. No one will sign a 42 year old goalie as a starter. Except maybe Minnesota, as their number 1 goalie has MS, and often misses several games at a time when the symptoms flare up.

My opinion of what is going on? Our GM, Lou Lamoriello, always plays things close to the chest. He never likes to discuss contracts until the season is over, and isn't very open about discussing the inner workings of the team. Some time last week, it was reported that he met with Brodeur to discuss his future with the team. Doesn't make sense that media would know about that. That's not Lou's style. I think they WANTED it to be known that they were meeting, to try and drive up his value. Brodeur has said he wants a job in management with the Devils when he retires, but he's also close to 700 career wins. I think he wants to play until he hits 700, and with the limited time he's getting in NJ now, that won't happen. So, they start the hype train to drive up his value, get something more than they would normally when they trade him, and then he becomes a free agent in the offseason. Sign him to a one year contract in NJ next year, playing with new teammates that we traded him for, making it clear that he's only here as backup. More playing time elsewhere for the remainder of this season plus a backup role next season should be enough to get him to 700, while possibly getting some much needed scoring in NJ in the process. Then, he retires a Devil following 2014-2015, after playing here his entire career, with the exception of a month and a half or so, with 700 wins under his belt, and then joins management helping to run a team that he helped build for himself by allowing the trade.

A little bit of a complicated situation, but if that's what ends up happening, fucking brilliant. I'd be happy. It would suck that he wouldn't technically have played here his entire career, but hey man, whatever helps the team, you know? I trust neither him nor Lamoriello would accept anything less than an ideal trade though, so he may just stay here anyway, and all the worry is for nothing. Should be an interesting few weeks waiting for the Olympic break to end, and then another week or so after that to the trade deadline....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:18 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

TJ Oshie is America.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:44 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Fantasy Football, yay or nay? I know we do this every year, but maybe, just maybe, one year it works?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:18 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

I am in favor of this. I could use a third league, and I know Snifit's Yahoo password, so we can force him in, too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:29 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Annnd password changed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:07 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Steelers barely pulled it out. Which, to be honest, is a bullshit statement when they were up 20+ at the half. They tried to give it away before barely scraping by. I hope this isn't a normal occurance (it will be). Although, we did get an NFL moment of the year in the opening Steeler's game of the season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13