neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 pm 
Offline
KSK Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Orange Park
Oh "PC Master Race" I love when i get excited to play a PC game, so cautiously I download the demo. Says it has controller support. Download the game, turn the game on with my PC controller in hand ready and excited. I begin to press buttons on said PC controller, Made EXCLUSIVELY to play PC games with on a PC and guess what... IT DOESNT WORK?! If this "Master Race" can't get controller support right, then well, i just dont see what's so mastery about it.. Oh and before you can ll say "OH YOU CAN USE EMULATION THING LIKE SO YOUR COMPUTER THINKS YOU HAVE A 360 CONTROLLER DUH!" I tried that, still doesnt work. so thanks "PC Master Race".

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:20 pm 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:36 am
Posts: 3866
Location: Brisbane, Australia
If a game doesn't support controllers(or your controller) and you can't fix it using joy2key/xpadder/etc then you're doing it wrong or you have a shitty controller.

I don't think PC is the Master Race because you can get everything all the time easy, but because it gives you options and sometimes with options comes issues. You may have to tinker with things more often to get them working(at least initially) but that ends up giving you more flexibility than you have on consoles, so you need an (above?)average understanding of PCs. A small price to pay in my opinion.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:43 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
"master" is in regard to hierarchy. the simple truth is that no pc = no console. no diagnostics. no internet. no development. object_console is a child object to object_personalComputer. it inherits a few things but is more limited. a pc is a machine designed for the personalized and personally directed computation of datums. the design of a console is to take away the free and deliberate direction by allowing only developer signed datums to be crunched. a console is plug and play only because there is no variation in the processes it can undertake. all xBones preform the same functions as all other xBones.

if consoles were to attain a state on par with the personalized direction of datum crunching that a computer offers: it would a) not be entirely plug and play any longer b) no longer be considered a console because a console as an object is defined by it's limitations.

i'll say this much though: a Dell has more in common with a console than a PC.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:10 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
Crashman wrote:
Oh "PC Master Race" I love when i get excited to play a PC game, so cautiously I download the demo. Says it has controller support. Download the game, turn the game on with my PC controller in hand ready and excited. I begin to press buttons on said PC controller, Made EXCLUSIVELY to play PC games with on a PC and guess what... IT DOESNT WORK?! If this "Master Race" can't get controller support right, then well, i just dont see what's so mastery about it.. Oh and before you can ll say "OH YOU CAN USE EMULATION THING LIKE SO YOUR COMPUTER THINKS YOU HAVE A 360 CONTROLLER DUH!" I tried that, still doesnt work. so thanks "PC Master Race".


Fucking drives me nuts, man. Gets doubly complicated for me on Linux.

Here's the story - there's two APIs for controllers, directinput and xinput. Xinput is newer. Xinput is also what the Xbox 360 controller uses. One of the things about xinput is it specifies "the controller will have these buttons in this spot", whereas directinput doesn't.

A lot of devs just use xinput because then they don't have to screw around with mapping buttons, it's significantly easier on them. But it renders a lot of older gamepads useless.

Logitech has a controller out, it's around $20, and it has a switch to let you change between being a directinput controller and an xinput controller, so it'll work in those games that only support Xbox 360 controllers.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-0001 ... B003VAHYQY

The other solution is to use x360ce to emulate an Xbox 360 controller.

The main reason for introducing xinput was to entice developers to make games for PC and Xbox at the same time. Again, it makes it easier for developers. For example, they can use on-screen buttons cues, since they know the controller will have a button labeled "a", it will be a certain color, and in a certain spot.

I've heard that for steam games, if you set up Big Picture mode and setup your controller, any games launched will "inherit" those controls, but I'm not sure.

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:28 am 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
fuck that town.


... I wouldn't say "fuck that town" over one single aspect of it :-/


What? Are we still talking about busking? I thought we were talking about busking as a profession. I moved out of my last town so I could be somewhere where I could use my skills to make money. This may be Australia but St Augustine is 3x smaller than the little town where i grew up and 300x smaller than where I am busking. I was thinking more of going somewhere more populated.

I'm not really sure why you'd think I was making a judgement about something other than the suggestion i made, but I'll extrapolate: Fuck busking in that town for a living, Nameless.


Wait, so are you thinking of moving to take up career busking?

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:10 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
god damn this country, why does sex work have to be so appealing


Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
fuck that town.


... I wouldn't say "fuck that town" over one single aspect of it :-/


What? Are we still talking about busking? I thought we were talking about busking as a profession. I moved out of my last town so I could be somewhere where I could use my skills to make money. This may be Australia but St Augustine is 3x smaller than the little town where i grew up and 300x smaller than where I am busking. I was thinking more of going somewhere more populated.

I'm not really sure why you'd think I was making a judgement about something other than the suggestion i made, but I'll extrapolate: Fuck busking in that town for a living, Nameless.


Wait, so are you thinking of moving to take up career busking?


i moved in march and took up performing for a living. where else would i move to? this is the best place in the country. :S i just assumed there would be a city nearby since you have at least fifty of the fuckers.

i've got two burlesque gigs next month, and im learning and refining a lot of new performance skills. i'm still working on the art and music for my game as well, just at a much slower rater. ive been turning down free gigs... fuck that shit. i play out the front XD

my goal re: busking is to be able to talk and perform my own sideshow act so i can earn some serious cash off tourists, but that's a ways off, i'm building to that. just music & my winning personality for now. i made $98 on friday night.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:11 am 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
gimp wrote:
god damn this country, why does sex work have to be so appealing


Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
fuck that town.


... I wouldn't say "fuck that town" over one single aspect of it :-/


What? Are we still talking about busking? I thought we were talking about busking as a profession. I moved out of my last town so I could be somewhere where I could use my skills to make money. This may be Australia but St Augustine is 3x smaller than the little town where i grew up and 300x smaller than where I am busking. I was thinking more of going somewhere more populated.

I'm not really sure why you'd think I was making a judgement about something other than the suggestion i made, but I'll extrapolate: Fuck busking in that town for a living, Nameless.


Wait, so are you thinking of moving to take up career busking?


i moved in march and took up performing for a living. where else would i move to? this is the best place in the country. :S i just assumed there would be a city nearby since you have at least fifty of the fuckers.

i've got two burlesque gigs next month, and im learning and refining a lot of new performance skills. i'm still working on the art and music for my game as well, just at a much slower rater. ive been turning down free gigs... fuck that shit. i play out the front XD

my goal re: busking is to be able to talk and perform my own sideshow act so i can earn some serious cash off tourists, but that's a ways off, i'm building to that. just music & my winning personality for now. i made $98 on friday night.


Whew, I was concerned there. Your post made it sound like that busking was gonna become your new job entirely, since there was no mention of burlesque or anything!

I'm really bad at remembering what other people on the forum are up as far as money-making goes. If you read it and pretend to have absolutely zero previous knowledge, it's really easy to interpret it as "I've been busking in this one town but I'm thinking of moving to somewhere more populated."

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:48 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
god damn this country, why does sex work have to be so appealing


Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
fuck that town.


... I wouldn't say "fuck that town" over one single aspect of it :-/


What? Are we still talking about busking? I thought we were talking about busking as a profession. I moved out of my last town so I could be somewhere where I could use my skills to make money. This may be Australia but St Augustine is 3x smaller than the little town where i grew up and 300x smaller than where I am busking. I was thinking more of going somewhere more populated.

I'm not really sure why you'd think I was making a judgement about something other than the suggestion i made, but I'll extrapolate: Fuck busking in that town for a living, Nameless.


Wait, so are you thinking of moving to take up career busking?


i moved in march and took up performing for a living. where else would i move to? this is the best place in the country. :S i just assumed there would be a city nearby since you have at least fifty of the fuckers.

i've got two burlesque gigs next month, and im learning and refining a lot of new performance skills. i'm still working on the art and music for my game as well, just at a much slower rater. ive been turning down free gigs... fuck that shit. i play out the front XD

my goal re: busking is to be able to talk and perform my own sideshow act so i can earn some serious cash off tourists, but that's a ways off, i'm building to that. just music & my winning personality for now. i made $98 on friday night.


Whew, I was concerned there. Your post made it sound like that busking was gonna become your new job entirely, since there was no mention of burlesque or anything!

I'm really bad at remembering what other people on the forum are up as far as money-making goes. If you read it and pretend to have absolutely zero previous knowledge, it's really easy to interpret it as "I've been busking in this one town but I'm thinking of moving to somewhere more populated."


More populated than a town 300x bigger than yours? That's 4 and a half million people. :/ ok cool :bluev:
I draw a pension from the government and have for 5 years. That has been my primary source of income and will continue to be so. I have always made art for money during that time, i have simply started placing a higher emphasis on performance because it pays quicker.

At my level burlesque pays between $50-$200 per gig. Costume costs run at $50-$150. I make more than I ever did playing in a band, but I make far, far more money busking.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Last edited by gimp on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:09 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
god damn this country, why does sex work have to be so appealing


Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
fuck that town.


... I wouldn't say "fuck that town" over one single aspect of it :-/


What? Are we still talking about busking? I thought we were talking about busking as a profession. I moved out of my last town so I could be somewhere where I could use my skills to make money. This may be Australia but St Augustine is 3x smaller than the little town where i grew up and 300x smaller than where I am busking. I was thinking more of going somewhere more populated.

I'm not really sure why you'd think I was making a judgement about something other than the suggestion i made, but I'll extrapolate: Fuck busking in that town for a living, Nameless.


Wait, so are you thinking of moving to take up career busking?


i moved in march and took up performing for a living. where else would i move to? this is the best place in the country. :S i just assumed there would be a city nearby since you have at least fifty of the fuckers.

i've got two burlesque gigs next month, and im learning and refining a lot of new performance skills. i'm still working on the art and music for my game as well, just at a much slower rater. ive been turning down free gigs... fuck that shit. i play out the front XD

my goal re: busking is to be able to talk and perform my own sideshow act so i can earn some serious cash off tourists, but that's a ways off, i'm building to that. just music & my winning personality for now. i made $98 on friday night.


Whew, I was concerned there. Your post made it sound like that busking was gonna become your new job entirely, since there was no mention of burlesque or anything!

I'm really bad at remembering what other people on the forum are up as far as money-making goes. If you read it and pretend to have absolutely zero previous knowledge, it's really easy to interpret it as "I've been busking in this one town but I'm thinking of moving to somewhere more populated."


More populated than a town 300x bigger than yours? That's 4 and a half million people. :/
I draw a pension from the government and have for 5 years. That has been my primary source of income and will continue to be so. I have always made art for money during that time, i have simply started placing a higher emphasis on performance because it pays quicker.

At my level burlesque pays between $50-$200 per gig. Costume costs run at $50-$150. I make more than I ever did playing in a band, but I make far, far more money busking.


Government pension? Isn't that what you get after being a cop for a billion years? Or does that have a different meaning in Australia

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
god damn this country, why does sex work have to be so appealing


Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
fuck that town.


... I wouldn't say "fuck that town" over one single aspect of it :-/


What? Are we still talking about busking? I thought we were talking about busking as a profession. I moved out of my last town so I could be somewhere where I could use my skills to make money. This may be Australia but St Augustine is 3x smaller than the little town where i grew up and 300x smaller than where I am busking. I was thinking more of going somewhere more populated.

I'm not really sure why you'd think I was making a judgement about something other than the suggestion i made, but I'll extrapolate: Fuck busking in that town for a living, Nameless.


Wait, so are you thinking of moving to take up career busking?


i moved in march and took up performing for a living. where else would i move to? this is the best place in the country. :S i just assumed there would be a city nearby since you have at least fifty of the fuckers.

i've got two burlesque gigs next month, and im learning and refining a lot of new performance skills. i'm still working on the art and music for my game as well, just at a much slower rater. ive been turning down free gigs... fuck that shit. i play out the front XD

my goal re: busking is to be able to talk and perform my own sideshow act so i can earn some serious cash off tourists, but that's a ways off, i'm building to that. just music & my winning personality for now. i made $98 on friday night.


Whew, I was concerned there. Your post made it sound like that busking was gonna become your new job entirely, since there was no mention of burlesque or anything!

I'm really bad at remembering what other people on the forum are up as far as money-making goes. If you read it and pretend to have absolutely zero previous knowledge, it's really easy to interpret it as "I've been busking in this one town but I'm thinking of moving to somewhere more populated."


More populated than a town 300x bigger than yours? That's 4 and a half million people. :/
I draw a pension from the government and have for 5 years. That has been my primary source of income and will continue to be so. I have always made art for money during that time, i have simply started placing a higher emphasis on performance because it pays quicker.

At my level burlesque pays between $50-$200 per gig. Costume costs run at $50-$150. I make more than I ever did playing in a band, but I make far, far more money busking.


Government pension? Isn't that what you get after being a cop for a billion years? Or does that have a different meaning in Australia


It has a different meaning in the US.

pension1
ˈpɛnʃ(ə)n/
noun
1.
a regular payment made by the state to people of or above the official retirement age and to some widows and disabled people.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 am 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
I'm curious as to what you're receiving a pension for.

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
:facepalm:
gimp wrote:
disabled people.

im professionally crazy. the hours are long and it doesnt pay great. it's something like 40% of what you'd earn working minimum wage full time.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:48 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
I feel like you've been kind of rude to me these past couple of posts, between copy-pasting dictionary definitions and facepalming when I asked a legitimate question.

I don't keep up with people on here all that great. Didn't know you were on disability. Curious about the details.

Sorry I asked.

I doubt you could recite where I work/what I do/current relationship status/etc off the top of your head and I don't expect you to be able to. I mean these past couple of posts you still seem to think I live in St. Augustine.

When somebody asks a question about me I politely answer.

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
ah fuck off i don't have to enjoy talking about having a mental illness.

*takes a deep breath*

i just informed you of my situation to the point i was comfortable with, you don't have to have a short fuse. I'm interested in catching up to date on the naparino's life in PM though. I've been curious since a post you made a while back.

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:16 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
gimp wrote:
ah fuck off i don't have to enjoy talking about having a mental illness.

*takes a deep breath*

i just informed you of my situation to the point i was comfortable with, you don't have to have a short fuse. I'm interested in catching up to date on the naparino's life in PM though. I've been curious since a post you made a while back.


I'm all about that!

And I mean, yeah, if you're not comfortable with discussing something, no big deal. I just ask that you don't copy-paste from the dictionary and facepalm me, is all.

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:56 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
Napalm Man wrote:
gimp wrote:
ah fuck off i don't have to enjoy talking about having a mental illness.

*takes a deep breath*

i just informed you of my situation to the point i was comfortable with, you don't have to have a short fuse. I'm interested in catching up to date on the naparino's life in PM though. I've been curious since a post you made a while back.


I'm all about that!

And I mean, yeah, if you're not comfortable with discussing something, no big deal. I just ask that you don't copy-paste from the dictionary and facepalm me, is all.


psychologist's fallacy
noun PHILOSOPHY
The psychologist's fallacy is a fallacy that occurs when an observer assumes that his/her subjective experience reflects the true nature of an event

Image

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 pm 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:36 am
Posts: 3866
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I had a cold that evolved into laryngitis, constantly blowing my nose is awful(never knew it was possible to store/create so much mucus) but the not being able to talk thing isn't so bad, had to answer the door in mime yesterday, that was fun. I am missing my programming course though, don't want to fall behind any further, struggling with the homework as it is. :(

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:38 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
Neon Jackal wrote:
had to answer the door in mime yesterday, that was fun.


Was it the door to an invisible cube you were stuck inside?

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:45 pm 
Offline
KSK Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Orange Park
went to the doctor today finally. He says i have high blood pressure. FML :cookieshuh:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:53 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
I tried to order a pizza for like a half hour only to eventually figure out that the bank changed my billing address for my debit card but never told me this.

I think it's been changed for a while, too, which would explain why whenever I try to enter my st. augustine zipcode when I try to run it as a credit card, it declines and tells me that I'm not right. I thought it was just places around town being stupid and having shitty machines. Turns out, I'm just an absolute chucklenuts. :cookieshuh:

But it's seriously fucking with me, because I swear that I've ordered something online and put in my regular home address as the billing address in the last month or so and it's been fine. What the fuck, man?

Also, Jessie, at least it's a relief to know what's wrong finally, right? And it makes sense, too. At least you know what it is so you can deal with it now.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:29 am 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14669
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
It sucks waking up and not being able to get back to sleep two hours before your alarm.

It sucks waking up and not being able to get back to sleep two hours before your alarm on Daylight Savings so you're actually awake THREE hours before your alarm.

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:28 am 
Offline
KSK Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Orange Park
For a while now I've had this issue where I find it extremely difficult to talk to people. It's not just strangers either but my friends and family too. Whether its keeping conversations going or expressing my thoughts properly. It's like I have these emotions or ideas in my head I want to express to people, but I cant seem to find the words to say or write it correctly. I end up jumbling my words a little or say something that doesnt really get my message across.

I don't know what it is. Like any time I have this urge to express myself, I usually don't because I feel like It wont come out right and I will look silly or upset people, but in my head its a simple idea. It's very frustrating.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:46 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
Crashman wrote:
For a while now I've had this issue where I find it extremely difficult to talk to people. It's not just strangers either but my friends and family too. Whether its keeping conversations going or expressing my thoughts properly. It's like I have these emotions or ideas in my head I want to express to people, but I cant seem to find the words to say or write it correctly. I end up jumbling my words a little or say something that doesnt really get my message across.

I don't know what it is. Like any time I have this urge to express myself, I usually don't because I feel like It wont come out right and I will look silly or upset people, but in my head its a simple idea. It's very frustrating.


One thing to keep in mind, is people are generally in a constant state of wingin' it. All the time. No idea what it is they're actually doing, they're just taking some best guesses.

Anytime you think you look or sound silly, just remember the other guy has, at some point, looked or sounded silly about something else at some point.

Shit, 99% of my job is to help people not feel silly/dumb when they need help with computers ('cause if they're afraid to ask for help, they won't, and then things get way worse).

I know I say some pretty stupid shit all the time. Everybody feels stupid about everything. I hope that helps?

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:18 pm 
Offline
KSK Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Orange Park
its not necessarily the sounding stupid part. Its the "I have this message I want to convey but when I try to convey that message, it doesn't come out right." If even that makes sense.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
Crashman wrote:
its not necessarily the sounding stupid part. Its the "I have this message I want to convey but when I try to convey that message, it doesn't come out right." If even that makes sense.


I think I know what you mean. So, practice makes perfect, right? Just try getting your message out anyway.

I mean, if your message is "kill all jews" and you're concerned that's not coming out right, well, I don't have a great way to help with that.

If you wanna go feel good about yourself, find a random YouTube video and look at the comments section, and realize "well I definitely am better at communicating than this guy is."

I jumble words up *all the time* when talking. I'll straight-up skip ahead a word or two, and same with writing. It's not uncommon for me to realize I'm writing the middle of my next sentence. When that happens, I just slow down a bit, like actually talk a bit slower. It's especially useful if I'm upset or angry or something. Communicating frustrations calmly and slowly is one of the greatest techniques for dealing with crap at work.

So, y'know. You're not the only one occasionally spitting out word diarrhea. I think we all do it from time to time, I definitely do it when I'm excited - so I just slow down and turn that diarrhea into a more normal bowel movement.

Also, apparently the boards don't support emoji. I tried to insert the poop emoji character and got an error :(

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group