neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:08 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Oh, yeah, what he does with a camera is fucking brilliant sometimes. The scene in 2001 where the guy is running around the corridor that's spinning? That looks amazing.

But, there's some stuff he does that bugs me. Like when he does a super slow zoom in that lasts for like 15 or 20 minutes. I had to actually fastforward at the end of the shining because that zoom in from across the mansion to the picture on the wall was just too long for me. I get that it's a great shot because it's all in one take, and that's really cool and all...but it just drags on forever.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

I haven't seen the Shining so I can't comment

The best aspect of 2001 is how he utilizes sound

And the best aspect of Eyes Wide Shut is Nicole Kidman's ass

also one Kubrick flick I don't really GET is Full Metal Jacket

Why does the entire first half have zero impact on anything that takes place afterwards

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:33 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheBatman wrote:
Why does the entire first half have zero impact on anything that takes place afterwards

I sometimes wonder if that's intentional. Maybe he was trying to say that the training we put our military through means nothing, because no amount of training can ever fully prepare one for the horrors of war. Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass :yeeeeahhhhh:

Still though, that's a great movie... or at least the first half is great. the second half gets pretty meh.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:44 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

illblamesum1else wrote:
TheBatman wrote:

I sometimes wonder if that's intentional. Maybe he was trying to say that the training we put our military through means nothing, because no amount of training can ever fully prepare one for the horrors of war. Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass :yeeeeahhhhh:

Still though, that's a great movie... or at least the first half is great. the second half gets pretty meh.

Strange... I thought no one else had that opinion of the movie other than myself. I always thought the second half was just kinda blah overall, and that it would have been even more incredible of a film if it ended with them being shipped off to war.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:48 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

LocrianDm wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
TheBatman wrote:

Strange... I thought no one else had that opinion of the movie other than myself. I always thought the second half was just kinda blah overall, and that it would have been even more incredible of a film if it ended with them being shipped off to war.

The second half just drags on forever until it gets to the last 15 or 20 minutes when shit hits the fan. it neither builds from the first half nor leads to the climax. The ending always felt like it came out of nowhere to me.

Also, I just realized the wrong smilie is in that post. it should be :coookieesssss: not :yeeeeahhhhh:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

I liked the second half better :coookieesssss:

But that's probably because I haven't seen very many war movies so the whole WAR IS BAD BECAUSE LOOK AT ALL THIS BAD SHIT THAT HAPPENS thing still works on me a little

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheBatman wrote:
I liked the second half better :coookieesssss:

But that's probably because I haven't seen very many war movies so the whole WAR IS BAD BECAUSE LOOK AT ALL THIS BAD SHIT THAT HAPPENS thing still works on me a little

Apocalypse Now and Platoon both did the whole "WAR IS BAD" thing (specifically, in the Vietnam setting) much better. I liked the first half better because showing them in training is something most movies never do.

Someone should start talking about women again...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I accidentally made small talk with this girl at stop and shop who I noticed is there like all day every day, this woman is not someone I would put my dick in but she used the opportunity to grab/rub my arm and started trying to lead the conversation down a path that makes my penis cry...

I go to this store all the time since it's open 24 hours, I never should've made with the funnies because now I have a potential Atom Bomb ready to go off...
FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT.......FIXITFIXITFIXIT!....FIXIT! :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5:

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:39 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Next time you're there, bring a female friend that you're making nice with. Maybe she'd think you're taken, and back the fuck off?

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:11 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Jealousy just makes it worse... trust me...

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:05 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

Next time she touches you give that bitch five across the eyes

You gotta keep yo pimp hand strong, son

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Blackman! wrote:
Jealousy just makes it worse... trust me...

Yeah, true. :cookieshmm:

I just make it a general rule to avoid crazy. Once I hear some stupid bullshit come out of a girl's mouth, I do a 360 and moonwalk out of there. Like that girl I dated for a total of a week who had step daddy issues, and was bipolar and this was the first time in her life that she was happy, and she was only 17, and one time she almost drowned at the beach, so now she can't talk about tides.

I don't even remember what I said to her, I just remembered that I dumped her over the phone, and hoped she couldn't remember where my house was. :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:06 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

LocrianDm wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
gimp wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
I felt they really missed the point a lot.

Essentially Kubricks film style, yes.

Yyyuuuup. :coookieesssss:

As much as everyone cites him as a genius, the guy did take a lot of liberties with his adaptations.

I've never read it myself, but I've heard The Shining was fairly accurate. Except with a hedge maze instead of animal hedges coming to life. But I saw a made for tv version that had the living hedges. It was interesting.

I like how we went from talking about women being nutty as shit to literature. :cookieshmm:

I've heard they skip out a lot of good details from the book, like what you just mentioned ^

Also, I tried to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey and while I agree that it's a good movie, I also fell asleep at the end when he's going through the "it's full of stars" monolith scene. Shit just went on forever, man. I ended up nodding off and I think I forgot to rewind or something. I dunno, Kubrick is like...he's good, but in a way that you don't want to watch his films on repeat. He loved to do that shit where he made stuff pan in on the camera for like 30 minutes at a time, and...I dunno, that kinda bugs me. Good director? Yeah. Genius? Eeehhh...I dunno. Maybe he is, and I just can't appreciate it. Or maybe everyone who thought he was fantastic is just saying that because they're too embarrassed to admit that they don't understand some of the shit they just watched, so instead of looking uncultured, they just go "oh, yeah, I totally get it. The guy's fucking brilliant" o O (Hope no one realizes I don't know what I'm talking about...)

I guess that point is debatable, though.

That about sums it up, I think. As far as the Shining goes, the book has SOOOOO much more detail about Jack's slip into insanity as a slow thing that happens over a couple of years that culminates when
[Reveal] Spoiler:
the spirit of the mansion finally takes him over... oh yeah, there's a big ghost thingy that they leave out of the movie

and the dog blowjob makes sense in the book. but yeah, most of the main plot just isnt there. jack is meant to be a nice guy at first.

TheBatman wrote:
Kubrick is a genius from a filmmaking standpoint

so yeah if you're really only focusing on the plot some of his movies (like 2001) won't be terribly engaging

Interesting you should say that after our Orson Welles convo on facebook.
I like what he does visually (and atmospherically i guess), i like his choice of scripts, and he undeniably did a lot of good for the technical side of cinema (has he ever let anyone use his candle-light camera?).
From a story-telling point of view he is rubbish, unless what you really like is discussing what you saw in a movie, i suppose. I mean, here we are now, after all.

So um, the moral is, girls like Kubrick?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

gimp wrote:
Interesting you should say that after our Orson Welles convo on facebook.

I didn't say I especially liked Kubrick or anything :coookieesssss:

So it's kind of a similar deal, just like I didn't necessarily say Citizen Kane was bad :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:40 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

Nameless88 wrote:
I do a 360

At first I was like ಠ_ಠ...

Nameless88 wrote:
and moonwalk out of there.

And then I was like (✌゚∀゚)☞

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:56 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

TheBatman wrote:
five across the eyes

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:51 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Blackman! wrote:
I accidentally made small talk with this girl at stop and shop who I noticed is there like all day every day, this woman is not someone I would put my dick in but she used the opportunity to grab/rub my arm and started trying to lead the conversation down a path that makes my penis cry...

I go to this store all the time since it's open 24 hours, I never should've made with the funnies because now I have a potential Atom Bomb ready to go off...
FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT.......FIXITFIXITFIXIT!....FIXIT! :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5:

I'm gonna take a page from Seinfeld here, cuz this has worked in the past.

Next time you see her, duck behind a door or something, and when she comes around the corner, hit her with The Pick! Get a finger up each of your nose holes and pull out something nasty. If she seems undeterred, then act like you're gonna eat it too. If she still comes on strong...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Hey, off topic again, but, I did just remember something by Kubrick that I absolutely love: Dr. Strangelove.

But, that was before he got all weird and trippy with his movies. So, his early work, yes. Later work? Hit or miss.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:05 pm 
Bucket Of Flud

dating girl 2 weeks plus I liked her a lot we had lots of fun...now she seems to want to see me less after her family said they dont want her to date crackers. Shes sweet nice and kind, but sarah i need more attention then seeing someone 2 days maximum a week i dont know if that will improve anytime soon
girl i have had a crush on from work is pretty fucking awesome
we hang out all the time
joke...etc
but she doesnt speak enough English
so i never perused
we got very drunk tonight
DIE DIE is the name of the game in Korea
and she said she likes me
also all of her friends ( like 4 separate times) have asked me if i would date her
and have suggested i should
Im confused :(:(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

DIE DIE? I'm confused but whatever... go for it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

fludbucket wrote:
dating girl 2 weeks plus I liked her a lot we had lots of fun...now she seems to want to see me less after her family said they dont want her to date crackers. Shes sweet nice and kind, but sarah i need more attention then seeing someone 2 days maximum a week i dont know if that will improve anytime soon
we hang out all the time
joke...etc
so i never perused
also all of her friends ( like 4 separate times) have asked me if i would date her

Is your English somehow becoming worse as your Korean improves?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:01 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
fludbucket wrote:
we hang out all the time
joke...etc
so i never perused

the take care of your obligations. tell her you've noted a difference; that you don't want to be a subject of drama within her family. then tell her to pick what she wants to happen next.

if you can be content with either outcome of the scenario there's no need to have power over that decision.
weather or not the same could be said for her is an unknown. it's best not only to have her make that decision, but that you actually get a decision out of her before too much time is wasted by either party.

go confront her with is as though it were a pre-season televised starcraft match.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 am 
Bucket Of Flud

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
fludbucket wrote:
we hang out all the time
joke...etc
so i never perused

Eh sorry, This was posted right after a night of heavy drinking. In Korea most drinking cheers translate to something like "Drink until we die".

Die Die is like Mate is Circle of Death (kings) but it works for every drinking game you play.

Quote:
go confront her with is as though it were a pre-season televised starcraft match.

You have no clue the level of intensity you just asked me to go after her with. :awesome:

That said its probably the best choice. I talked to her today and she seems to want to be with me. Shes riding the bus and hour to see me after work tomorrow just to grab dinner. I am just really confused. I have never had the problem of trying to deal with multiple girls liking me. My ex is even begging for me back. Its just really stressful and it makes me notice small flaws in people way more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:16 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

So like, I'm fucking my roommate

Thing is, her boyfriend is my other roommate :coookieesssss:

I don't know whether to feel like a badass or an asshole or what but in all honesty I don't really give much of a fuck and I'd imagine he's the bigger asshole since I'm getting laid and he's not :awesome:

wat do

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 pm 
Pirahna Plant
Pirahna Plant

I think you're good as long as it's just fucking. I kind of always followed the rule of if you fuck a chick that has a boyfriend and choose to date her, what stops her from cheating on you? It's not like she hasn't done it already. But if it's just get get laid cause it feels good and you don't like her or anything keep it up :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next