neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:59 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

dude yorkies? Nestle is swiss :facepalm:

Dairy Milk is made by Hershey in the US so it's a bit different but the milk and chocolate mix is shipped to them and that's the main part. There are two main differences between Dairy Milk and Hershey's milk chocolate as far as I can tell. They both have vaguely equal amounts of cocoa and milk solids, but Dairy Milk has about 20% of each and Hershey has about 10% of each. Hershey also treats their milk differently which gives it a sourer taste. The US dairy milk is more bitter and gritty than the UK equivalent. Both have about 55% sugar, and I think Hershey's has cocoa oils instead of vegetable oils.

Dairy Milk isn't labelled as chocolate because it doesn't meet the european standards for chocolate, which are really darn high in comparison to the US. Real chocolate is dark chocolate though and it makes me sneeze so fuck you real chocolate

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I've only been able to find them at US stores that sell imported British goods so I kinda assumed...my bad. I mean I know Nestle is Swiss but I figured they were still made in England or something. I've also had REAL chocolate. Like Mexican 90% Dark chocolate. I definitely prefer it lighter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:19 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

this is yum. it's from new zealand. i like the peanut butter one :mrgreen:

edit:
droool~~

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

omg, i love this medication.

my tongue is numb and my legs are tingly. It does the job of stopping me from coughing, but I'm on a fucking magic carpet ride right now. I woke up to the walls melting in a good way last night. Hugging my son feels even better (if that's possible) than last week!

omg, such joy from such simple syrup.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:53 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

I forgot to post this here. I've been working for the Florida Bureau of Unclaimed Property for a week now. It is pretty awesome. I've found money for several people. Napalm Man can attest to that. Also, i've officially quit Papa Johns, so I feel like a fucking adult for the first time ever at my job. It's a great feeling.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:53 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
I forgot to post this here. I've been working for the Florida Bureau of Unclaimed Property for a week now. It is pretty awesome. I've found money for several people. Napalm Man can attest to that. Also, i've officially quit Papa Johns, so I feel like a fucking adult for the first time ever at my job. It's a great feeling.

I'm so excited about free money!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:46 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

I'm a legit, paid-ass member of the games press now

On the lower end, but a lot more money than I have now plus I pretty much get to run things and do all my own pr contacts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:38 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:

Yeah, wife informed me that you found a small amount that I'm owed or something.

Funny thing is, I've apparently known about this. It's from the first gas station I worked at. Apparently they owed me another $81 for my severance pay from when they got bought out, but the only time I ever heard of it was when some ambulance chasing lawyer sent me a letter saying they'd "try" to get me my money if I paid them $40 first, so I thought it was a scam and ignored it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:41 am 

LocrianDm wrote:
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:

Yeah, wife informed me that you found a small amount that I'm owed or something.

Funny thing is, I've apparently known about this. It's from the first gas station I worked at. Apparently they owed me another $81 for my severance pay from when they got bought out, but the only time I ever heard of it was when some ambulance chasing lawyer sent me a letter saying they'd "try" to get me my money if I paid them $40 first, so I thought it was a scam and ignored it.

Yeah, there's a special section of our bureau devoted to "locator" claims. The guys contact people and try to get a commission, usually about 20% of the property. They probably went after you because of the ease of collecting (seriously, just send you SSN and drivers license and you get the money) but they usually try to track down people with really big accounts. The funny thing is that they also literally don't do anything that most people can't do themselves. They use the public search site, and they offer to photocopy your license and social security card and mail it, and collect their portion. I've already worked several claims where a locator files, and then their client realizes they're being scammed and files separately. Pretty funny in the world of unclaimed property.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:11 am 
In-House Sax Machine

I dunno if it should be called straight-up scamming. I mean, yeah, it's somewhat scummy - it's so easy to file your own claim. And they're hoping that you're uneducated/uninformed/lazy enough to not figure it out.

But you still get (most) of your money, it's not like they're out-and-out stealing it.

I'd say it's more like an oil change place. I know it's way, way cheaper to change my own oil, and that oil-change places are a bit of a rip-off. But I don't mind paying, 'cause I just don't wanna do it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think these "locators" are particularly ethical, it's a shitty way to make a buck. But it's not like they're running a ponzi scheme, either!

That said I'm looking forward to my unclaimed property!! Papa's gonna get himself a new monitor, probably.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

TheBatman wrote:
I'm a legit, paid-ass member of the games press now

On the lower end, but a lot more money than I have now plus I pretty much get to run things and do all my own pr contacts

Post-script to this: There's nothing like a PR guy recognizing your name even though as far as you knew you've spent years writing for no-name sites nobody has ever heard of. VALIDATION RULES

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:45 pm 

Napalm Man wrote:
I dunno if it should be called straight-up scamming. I mean, yeah, it's somewhat scummy - it's so easy to file your own claim. And they're hoping that you're uneducated/uninformed/lazy enough to not figure it out.

But you still get (most) of your money, it's not like they're out-and-out stealing it.

I'd say it's more like an oil change place. I know it's way, way cheaper to change my own oil, and that oil-change places are a bit of a rip-off. But I don't mind paying, 'cause I just don't wanna do it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think these "locators" are particularly ethical, it's a shitty way to make a buck. But it's not like they're running a ponzi scheme, either!

That said I'm looking forward to my unclaimed property!! Papa's gonna get himself a new monitor, probably.

I wouldn't really call it scamming either, it's just funny when, say, a 91 year old man figures out the system and files a separate claim to fuck a locator out of their commission.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:14 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
I wouldn't really call it scamming either, it's just funny when, say, a 91 year old man figures out the system and files a separate claim to fuck a locator out of their commission.

:911:: :911:: :911:: :911::

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:13 pm 
The so-called robot with admin powers

Officialy moving at the end of the month. It's a lot of preparation in such short time but i'll do it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Here's a thing that happened in Vienna recently and it just warms the cockles of my heart:

So, there's this old apartment building, right? With only three old tenants left who have payed a fixed price for their condos for decades. And the landlord wants them out so he can rebuild the thing and rent the rooms for a better price, right? So, what does he do? Well, there's this old pizza place at ground level, so he invites some punks in to squat in the hope that the old people get fed up/scared and just leave. Well, screw him because the punks befriended the old folks. Now, they are thick as thieves and more entrenched in the building than ever; baking pizza, demonstrating and having a good old time. Even celebrating christmas together.

tl;dr: It's "Batteries not Included" with punks instead of little alien robots.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:20 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Here's a thing that happened in Vienna recently and it just warms the cockles of my heart:

So, there's this old apartment building, right? With only three old tenants left who have payed a fixed price for their condos for decades. And the landlord wants them out so he can rebuild the thing and rent the rooms for a better price, right? So, what does he do? Well, there's this old pizza place at ground level, so he invites some punks in to squat in the hope that the old people get fed up/scared and just leave. Well, screw him because the punks befriended the old folks. Now, they are thick as thieves and more entrenched in the building than ever; baking pizza, demonstrating and having a good old time. Even celebrating christmas together.

tl;dr: It's "Batteries not Included" with punks instead of little alien robots.

That is fucking awesome :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:11 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

I need to watch Batteries Not Included again. It's been too long and I know the wife hasn't ever seen it.

Also, has anyone heard from Sanct recently? I sent her a message over a month ago and got nothing back, and I haven't seen her post since.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:50 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

She doesn't stop by here that often anymore, but I talk to her every now and then on the facespaces.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:01 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

LocrianDm wrote:
I need to watch Batteries Not Included again. It's been too long and I know the wife hasn't ever seen it.

Also, has anyone heard from Sanct recently? I sent her a message over a month ago and got nothing back, and I haven't seen her post since.

Just talked to her a few days ago, actually. She's moving out here to Washington in like, a month or so with her significant other and I think another friend. So, basically, the Neskimites are all escaping the middle parts of this country :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 am 
In-House Sax Machine

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

Just talked to her a few days ago, actually. She's moving out here to Washington in like, a month or so with her significant other and I think another friend. So, basically, the Neskimites are all escaping the middle parts of this country :coookieesssss:

Except for those of us doing just the opposite! Oklahoma is pretty OK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Napalm Man wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

did you just

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:21 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

illblamesum1else wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

did you just

:cookieshuh:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:08 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Napalm Man wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

Chicago continues to be pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:44 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Napalm Man wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

did you just

New Jersey is pretty NJ.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:50 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

illblamesum1else wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

did you just

New Jersey is pretty NJ.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next