neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:56 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

gimp wrote:
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
I'm feelin' that parquette floor, son.

you americans

When the fuck have you ever had to spell that out? My browser even says your way is misspelled. I know what it's called, I know how to say it, I figured it was spelled the same way as the margarine. So, fuck you. :coookieesssss:

On a more thread-appropriate note, I had an interview for a promotion at work, and word in the office is that I'm pretty much the front runner. I also applied for a big money management position in the state payrolls department that I'm actually qualified for based on my experience and having a finance degree. Doubling my income would be pretty sweet. :1up:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:27 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Bah, that reminds me, I never sent in that claim form. Must find it now...

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:10 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Date went really well, we ended up driving like an hour back to my house so we could hang out more, and I dropped her back off in Orlando on my way up to visit home.

Planning on seeing her again when I drive back down, too. Fuck yeah.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:11 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
gimp wrote:
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
I'm feelin' that parquette floor, son.

you americans

When the fuck have you ever had to spell that out? My browser even says your way is misspelled. I know what it's called, I know how to say it, I figured it was spelled the same way as the margarine. So, fuck you. :coookieesssss:

oh slammed. :whip: those are all fine points

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:19 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Birthday was last Thursday, didn't do much. Took finals.

In other more awesome news: IU is having a comedy festival in 2 weeks and I'm going to be seeing Patton Oswalt AND Competitive Erotic Fan Fiction (the best podcast) live.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:08 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Alright! Happy times!

So about two months ago I finished school, looking to get my BS now though, so there's that.
Things between my girlfriend and myself could only be better if we didn't have to be on different sides of the country at the moment... but shit happens you know? Still though, we're taking it with strides and still communicate daily just to talk about whatever.

Besides the lack of a job thing... everything is looking good for me!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:05 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

How do I keep doing this?

Just won tickets to the Weezer concert at the St. Aug Amphitheater. I called twice. First time i was caller 3, immediately called back and the guy was like (with a "I don't care anymore" tone) "Hey, wanna see Weezer?"

Heh. That brings the total of radio stuff won to 4. 1st was 2 Universal tickets for the opening of The Simpsons ride from Rock 104.5, 2nd was $100 cash from I forget where, then it was tickets to something that I can't remember that I ended up giving away, and now Weezer.

I think I have a magic phone.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:57 am 
In-House Sax Machine

LocrianDm wrote:

Just won tickets to the Weezer concert at the St. Aug Amphitheater. I called twice. First time i was caller 3, immediately called back and the guy was like (with a "I don't care anymore" tone) "Hey, wanna see Weezer?"

Heh. That brings the total of radio stuff won to 4. 1st was 2 Universal tickets for the opening of The Simpsons ride from Rock 104.5, 2nd was $100 cash from I forget where, then it was tickets to something that I can't remember that I ended up giving away, and now Weezer.

That's pretty cool!

My bet is, y'know, not a lot of people listen to local radio stations anymore - things like Spotify, Pandora, and even Sirius XM are super popular. Mostly because those services play exatly what you want.

Part of the problem is that most radio stations are owned by one of two companies - Clear Channel or CBS. Every market has the same format stations, and each station has a tracklist of like, 40 or 50 songs, tops. A lot of commercial radio is just getting more and more generic, it's awful - it doesn't feel "local" at all!

I'm convinced that Clear Channel has like, two guys, right, who go into a studio once a week, and record a bunch of generic phrases and intros and crap for an hour or two. Like, they have a country guy record two hours of country catch phrases, then a classic rock guy record two hours of classic rock catch phrases, and so on.

Then every Clear Channel station across the country uses those snippets while the DJ 3000 machine plays everything. Hence, people being turned off by their local radio stations. I'm legit surprised that Rock 104.5 in jax still has actual people on-air.

The public radio stations are the only things with a real sense of identity. Well, AM stations have an identity also, but they're usually just crazy-pants people talking about crazy-pants things. I should get into listening to AM radio.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:40 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Napalm Man wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

That's pretty cool!

My bet is, y'know, not a lot of people listen to local radio stations anymore - things like Spotify, Pandora, and even Sirius XM are super popular. Mostly because those services play exatly what you want.

Part of the problem is that most radio stations are owned by one of two companies - Clear Channel or CBS. Every market has the same format stations, and each station has a tracklist of like, 40 or 50 songs, tops. A lot of commercial radio is just getting more and more generic, it's awful - it doesn't feel "local" at all!

I'm convinced that Clear Channel has like, two guys, right, who go into a studio once a week, and record a bunch of generic phrases and intros and crap for an hour or two. Like, they have a country guy record two hours of country catch phrases, then a classic rock guy record two hours of classic rock catch phrases, and so on.

Then every Clear Channel station across the country uses those snippets while the DJ 3000 machine plays everything. Hence, people being turned off by their local radio stations. I'm legit surprised that Rock 104.5 in jax still has actual people on-air.

The public radio stations are the only things with a real sense of identity. Well, AM stations have an identity also, but they're usually just crazy-pants people talking about crazy-pants things. I should get into listening to AM radio.

i've been wanting to, but my AM/FM toggle in my car isn't working :(.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:50 pm 
KSK Mastermind

i HATE terrestrial radio... and to think i once dreamed of working for one...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:05 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Oh, this wasn't rock 104.5 this time. They closed down like 2 years ago and were replaced by talk radio for the politically uninformed and insane fans of people like Glenn Beck and Donald Trump.

The Universal tickets were like, 5 years ago. The Weezer tickets were from 106.9, new Planet. The signal usually doesn't come in clear in St. Aug, but did for some reason yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:15 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

LocrianDm wrote:
Oh, this wasn't rock 104.5 this time. They closed down like 2 years ago and were replaced by talk radio for the politically uninformed and insane fans of people like Glenn Beck and Donald Trump.

The Universal tickets were like, 5 years ago. The Weezer tickets were from 106.9, new Planet. The signal usually doesn't come in clear in St. Aug, but did for some reason yesterday.

god wants you to WIN WIN WIN. Winner. WINNER.

uhm. idk. can i send you a dollar for a lottery ticket? or however much they are in FL?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:25 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

meeting someone from okcupid for coffee tomorrow because i am desperate for sex yo
desperate. :cookieshuh: wish me luck.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:40 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

So.... got a very strange text yesterday.

Former manager texts me asking if I want a job at the new company she's working for (direct competition of previous employer). This is the manager that was over me when I was laid off, the woman that was absolutely intolerable.

I went in for an interview because "why not?" and based on the conversation it seems that they REALLY want me to work for them. They don't even know what the position would be called or if it would be salary, hourly, or contract yet, but it's very clear that I've got the job if they can come up with the budget for it.

Thing is, there's only one way I would take this job - If it was salary and was "ridiculous" pay (like, 45k a year, minimum). I'm going to turn it down otherwise because on the way home from the interview I realized, I REALLY love my life right now. Everything is great. I don't have an excessive amount of money, but I don't need it at this point.

That being said, I would take the job if it would be enough pay to let me solve all my financial problems within a year, which 45k would do, but it would require drastically changing my life, which I really don't want to do right now.

Fuck, this sucks, but is good at the same time. I have too much on my plate right now, but in a good way. I've never been busier than I am right now, but I've also never loved my activities more. An interview with the boss that was easily nameable as my nemesis at the previous job wants me to work for her again, which just confirms all of my assumptions about my previous employment and her being under even more stress than I at the time, and having to deflect it onto others to survive the hell hole that the job became.

Yeah, writing that out I've just decided, there's no way I'm taking this job. First job I've ever turned down, and damn it feels good.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 am 
In-House Sax Machine

LocrianDm wrote:
Yeah, writing that out I've just decided, there's no way I'm taking this job. First job I've ever turned down, and damn it feels good.

Yeah, if you didn't like her at the old job it's pretty doubtful you'd like her at the new job.

As much as getting in on the ground floor of something is cool, you need to have full faith and confidence in everybody that's running the operation. It's really a pretty risky move.

Especially given that they gave an interview but no actual offer - until you talk title and compensation it's not really a job offer - I would have zero faith and confidence in them. They should've had their ducks in a row before you ever walked into that building. You're absolutely making the right decision by turning them down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:00 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Napalm Man wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

Yeah, if you didn't like her at the old job it's pretty doubtful you'd like her at the new job.

As much as getting in on the ground floor of something is cool, you need to have full faith and confidence in everybody that's running the operation. It's really a pretty risky move.

Especially given that they gave an interview but no actual offer - until you talk title and compensation it's not really a job offer - I would have zero faith and confidence in them. They should've had their ducks in a row before you ever walked into that building. You're absolutely making the right decision by turning them down.

I sent a message back explaining that if the job is part time, I just don't have room for it. However, I did relay that I would be interested in a full time position if the salary was in the right range. I said a range that I'm pretty sure they won't go for, either. As far as the former boss goes, she would be working in a different department for the most part. The immediate supervisor would be someone I had worked with and was VERY good at what she did, and a genuinely nice person as well.

So, if they come back with an offer in the range I stated (which is overpriced) I'll take it, but it would have to be my target salary range for me to give up all the other stuff I'm doing for a full time position.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:25 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So, back last Tuesday I had an interview with an IT company that manages and supports other companies through contract work.
They were in the process of expanding after being pretty successful for the past two years and were looking to hire more.

My interview went well I thought, said they'd try to let me know something the following day if possible.
Well fast forward to this Monday. I get an email from them requesting a followup informal interview for troubleshooting exercises and a meet & greet with the other guys. Went in today at 9AM, did my thing pretty damn well and they said they'd know something by noon-ish.

So, 1PM rolls around, and I get a call.
I'm now employed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Cid_Highwind wrote:
So, 1PM rolls around, and I get a call.
I'm now employed!

OMG, GRATZ!

Great to hear man.

Also, not sure if I already posted this, but it's finalized. I have a booth at Megacon 2015. Booth #228, corner booth about 50ft from the Lego pit, and I'm primarily selling Lego stuff.

Now I just need like, 40k in inventory. I've only got like 8k right now (10 - 12k at convention prices, but still). Gotta have more since the break even point for Megacon would be like 4k in sales and if I did that with what I currently have in stock my display cases would be nearly empty. Need plushies... Truck loads of plushies....

Also, if anyone has ideas on other things to sell, such as home-brew board games (wink wink, nudge nudge Crash) I'm glad to sell your random stuff at the booth. I've done 2 small cons so far and have a booth coming up at ACC8. So far this is what I have in stock.

Full Lego Sets
Bags o random Lego collections I've bought
Lego mini-figures
Jake / Finn / Fiona hats that my sister makes
Random jewlery I've picked up from flea market vendors and some homemade stuff
Big bucket o beanie babies I got from yard sales

I'm on the hunt for where to get cheap stuffed pokemon and other goodies. I can get stuffed Pikachus for like $3 apiece if I order at least 50, and they go for $20 + at megacon. Keep an internet eye out for stuff like that if you could. I need to get some rare stuff like Vaporeon or Charmander plushies (Charmander is surprisingly hard to find for cheap).

Either way though.... YAY, MEGACON!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:04 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I'm broke and it's Steam summer sale, so I was kind of bummed out about that.

But I realized that I have like 40 trading cards in my inventory, and they all sell for like .05-.20 a piece so I started putting them up on the steam market place, and now I've got like 5 bucks in my steam wallet.

There's a couple of games that I want that are like 2 dollars, but I'm waiting to see if a better deal happens with like a 10 dollar game going on a flash sale for 2.50 or something.

Still, free money, and for shit that I was never going to use anyway. And since it's steam wallet cash, I won't feel bad for using it for a game instead of something else more important, because I can't reallocate it to somewhere else.

Also, I have a TF2 hat that's worth like 3 dollars. So if Walking Dead Season 2 goes on a big sale, I can hock that and get my shit. Wooo. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:35 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

I have an offer to invest in my convention business. Might get several thousand up front so that I can actually get good product and cover travel expenses to bigger conventions out of state, like GenCon or ComicCon. Will know for sure in a couple of weeks.

:\m/:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:19 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Nameless88 wrote:
I'm broke and it's Steam summer sale, so I was kind of bummed out about that.

But I realized that I have like 40 trading cards in my inventory, and they all sell for like .05-.20 a piece so I started putting them up on the steam market place, and now I've got like 5 bucks in my steam wallet.

There's a couple of games that I want that are like 2 dollars, but I'm waiting to see if a better deal happens with like a 10 dollar game going on a flash sale for 2.50 or something.

Still, free money, and for shit that I was never going to use anyway. And since it's steam wallet cash, I won't feel bad for using it for a game instead of something else more important, because I can't reallocate it to somewhere else.

Also, I have a TF2 hat that's worth like 3 dollars. So if Walking Dead Season 2 goes on a big sale, I can hock that and get my shit. Wooo. :awesome:

I had no idea you could do that.... fuck....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:14 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

got another steady freelance gig. gettin' paid sonnnnn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:44 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Crashman wrote:
I had no idea you could do that.... fuck....

Yeah, apparently they set up this whole market place and it's all internalized on Steam, so there's no hassle in it at all. You can sell items, and if they sell, the money just goes straight to your steam wallet.

Same with TF2 items, too, and stuff out of your inventory.

I'm up to $9.09 now, and that's just from selling random crap in my inventory for the last couple of days. You can earn new cards in certain games, too, by checking your badges section for what stuff you can get them from still, and just playing the game, it'll unlock like half of the cards you can earn in that game with like 1 card drop every hour or so, generally.

And if you vote on the community sales, you'll earn summer sale cards, and you can sell those, too.

Now I'm just playing the waiting game until Walking Dead season 2 comes down to like 75% off, or Goat Simulator or something else fun gets to be dirt cheap. And I've got my eye on some sales that are going on until the 30th, too, so even if I miss all the awesome daily stuff, I can still snag something worth my time in the end.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:48 pm 
KSK Mastermind

i have 2.37

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:36 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Nice!

I've already got a couple of games for free from doing this, and I'm going to grab Goat Simulator, too, I think, if it goes on flash sale next.

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next