neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:47 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
So, I've noticed that a lot of the time, we clutter up the Random Thought Thread with weird random dreams we've been having. So I was thinking why not just have a thread dedicated to it?

And if no one has any interesting ones to share, we could always talk about the mechanics of our dreams.

Like, for instance, how many of you guys dream in color? Which of the 5 senses (besides sight, obviously) have you experienced in dreams before? Any reoccuring dreams lately? What about lucid dreaming? Ever have dreams where *insert body part here* falls off/stops working? What's the scariest dream you ever had? What about the weirdest?

I almost always dream in colour. Sometimes the colours seem more real and crisp than real life, so I get a lot of dreams where I think I'm awake. I've also experienced all of the senses in my dreams before. Even taste and smell. Those were kinda weird ones. I almost always dream with audio and most of the time I have dreams where I can feel and touch everything, too.

I had a dream a long time ago where I was walking around my neighborhood and my friend was riding his bike. I looked away, and looked back, and he was walking his dog. Then he hopped inside his dog, and apparently his dog had a window or something, because I looked inside, and it looked like the interior of a truck. I then flew away and he chased me with a boomerang. I eventually landed because I needed to tie my shoes.

I used to have nightmares about the Cyberdemon from Doom as a kid. I would be having a normal dream, and he'd pop out of nowhere and scream at me. And it'd be like...a 3-d picture, like if my brain was a movie screen, he was popping out of it and just screaming at me.

But enough about me, how about the rest of you? Let's share those funny moving pictures in our brains with each other.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:41 pm 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
I used to have disturbingly vivid dreams concerning murder. The color and overall imagery was very clear, and my sense of touch was also intact.

I can't remember the last dream I had, I'm starting to forget them more frequently I think. I've only had a couple of lucid dreams that I can remember, both of which involved deific power and awesome sex.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 am 
Offline
NESkimo International Affairs moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:41 pm
Posts: 7800
Location: Spittal - AUSTRIA
Image

_________________
Nameless88 wrote:
Next stop, making fun of platypus. It's a trollfari!


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:07 pm 
Offline
He who has seen beyond the veil
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:36 pm
Posts: 3415
Location: Minnesota
Whenever I think of weird dreams I've had... I recall my kitten castle dream.

And my spider-legged hooker dream.... god that was freakish.

_________________
Image
I never thought the tears I shed during sodomy would be tears of nostalgia. - Mario


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Kil Rasha wrote:
Whenever I think of weird dreams I've had... I recall my kitten castle dream.

And my spider-legged hooker dream.... god that was freakish.

I'm intrigued, go on....

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:11 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 6997
I constantly have dreams that I fuck girls I know, but not really girls that I want to fuck irl. Just like, friends of mine, or people I vaguely know from somewhere.

_________________
Don't trust the skull.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:33 pm 
Offline
Dragon Slaying NESkimite
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 12842
Location: Seattle, WA
All my dreams:

1. Are post-apocalyptic
2. Involve fucking jailbait

_________________
xkcd must die.
Nameless wrote:
Do you mind? He's on official trolling business. Very important. :redv:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm 
Offline
VAN DAMMAGE
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm
Posts: 9336
Location: Gotham City
Fallout wrote:
All my dreams:

1. Are post-apocalyptic
2. Involve fucking jailbait


Hokuto no Fallout

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:26 pm 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
I only dream in black and white.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:34 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 8668
illblamesum1else wrote:
I only dream in black and white.

I only dream cuz I'm alive

_________________
ImageImage
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:43 pm 
Offline
Dragon Slaying NESkimite
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 12842
Location: Seattle, WA
Blackman! wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
I only dream in black and white.

I only dream cuz I'm alive


I only dream in black and white

_________________
xkcd must die.
Nameless wrote:
Do you mind? He's on official trolling business. Very important. :redv:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:39 pm 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
Fallout wrote:
Blackman! wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
I only dream in black and white.

I only dream cuz I'm alive


I only dream in black and white

To save me from myseeelf.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:58 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
i dream in a sort of technicolour slash film noir. i've had quite a few lucid dream snippets, most of the longer ones a sex dreams, the majority involve me realising im dreaming and trying really hard to hold onto it. I still don't know whether I'm shouting for real when I can feel myself lying in bed.

i know i could do it all the time if I tried, but the line between reality and fantasy is blurred enough for me as it is, mistaking waking life for a dream would be downright dangerous. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Waking Life?

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:43 pm 
Offline
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
gimp wrote:
i dream in a sort of technicolour slash film noir. i've had quite a few lucid dream snippets, most of the longer ones a sex dreams, the majority involve me realising im dreaming and trying really hard to hold onto it. I still don't know whether I'm shouting for real when I can feel myself lying in bed.

i know i could do it all the time if I tried, but the line between reality and fantasy is blurred enough for me as it is, mistaking waking life for a dream would be downright dangerous. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Waking Life?

I watched it earlier this week. Neat stuff.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:37 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
Soruja wrote:
gimp wrote:
i dream in a sort of technicolour slash film noir. i've had quite a few lucid dream snippets, most of the longer ones a sex dreams, the majority involve me realising im dreaming and trying really hard to hold onto it. I still don't know whether I'm shouting for real when I can feel myself lying in bed.

i know i could do it all the time if I tried, but the line between reality and fantasy is blurred enough for me as it is, mistaking waking life for a dream would be downright dangerous. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Waking Life?

I watched it earlier this week. Neat stuff.


i'm with gimp on this one. i sort of live inside my head and experience reality on the side, and when in an area i can be god; i tend to linger far too long and wake up at 4p.m. not good for keeping schedules.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:43 am 
Offline
Angry Sun
Angry Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:47 am
Posts: 3181
Fallout wrote:
All my dreams:

1. Are post-apocalyptic
2. Involve fucking jailbait


:awesome: :\m/:

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:47 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
S1eepy wrote:
Soruja wrote:
gimp wrote:
i dream in a sort of technicolour slash film noir. i've had quite a few lucid dream snippets, most of the longer ones a sex dreams, the majority involve me realising im dreaming and trying really hard to hold onto it. I still don't know whether I'm shouting for real when I can feel myself lying in bed.

i know i could do it all the time if I tried, but the line between reality and fantasy is blurred enough for me as it is, mistaking waking life for a dream would be downright dangerous. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Waking Life?

I watched it earlier this week. Neat stuff.


i'm with gimp on this one. i sort of live inside my head and experience reality on the side, and when in an area i can be god; i tend to linger far too long and wake up at 4p.m. not good for keeping schedules.


your name is s1eepy

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:30 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Soruja wrote:
gimp wrote:
i dream in a sort of technicolour slash film noir. i've had quite a few lucid dream snippets, most of the longer ones a sex dreams, the majority involve me realising im dreaming and trying really hard to hold onto it. I still don't know whether I'm shouting for real when I can feel myself lying in bed.

i know i could do it all the time if I tried, but the line between reality and fantasy is blurred enough for me as it is, mistaking waking life for a dream would be downright dangerous. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Waking Life?

I watched it earlier this week. Neat stuff.


i'm with gimp on this one. i sort of live inside my head and experience reality on the side, and when in an area i can be god; i tend to linger far too long and wake up at 4p.m. not good for keeping schedules.


your name is s1eepy


touche sir.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:20 am 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
I had a dream last night where I think for the very first time in any dream I have ever had, I killed a person. I forget who it was exactly, but it looked like someone I might have known way back in the day. I was at a house by the beach, and this person was like a spy or something - a spy for what I'm not exactly sure, but they had a gun, and I wrestled it away from them, hit them with the back of it to knock it down, and then I was over them pointing the gun down and giving a speech about something I can't remember. Then I asked if they had a final request, and they told me to go build a dam in a lake or something, and then I shot them in the face.

Then I had a dream immediately afterwards about waking up from that dream in the same house, but it was different because the dream had distorted everything from the reality of it, and I was just talking to my brother and his roommate and girlfriend about something.

I don't know what the significance of any of that is, but I've never had a dream where I've actually killed a person before, so that's really weird.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 am 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
I had a weird dream recently, I can't remember the first part, but we can cut to the good part.

For some strange reason, my girlfriend had been kidnapped by Satan.

And at one point in the dream, my cell phone rang, I answered, and it was Satan saying weird, demonic things I couldn't make out.

And when I tried to talk into the phone and demand what the hell was going on, I couldn't speak, I could *feel* myself being choked.

It was really, really weird.

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:15 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
You might've been sleeping with your face buried in the pillow and your cellphone probably rang while you were asleep, but you were so deep into it that it didn't wake you up.

That is a pretty hardcore dream, though, man. I hardly ever have nightmares, but I have really weird dreams like that sometimes, too. Like, about ninjas and being chased by dinosaurs. I've had a LOT of zombie dreams. In one of them I was just running around and kicking them in the face. In another I was with a bunch of survivors in, I think it was in a hospital?, I don't remember exactly, but I was at a loss for what to do, and then I pulled out my Zombie Survival Guide, and I was like "Well, glad I've got this! Ha! :awesome: "

Have you ever woke up in a really weird position? I've woken up a few times with my arms over my head completely extended and my hands forming a two handed fist, like I was doing a leaping jump at something with a weapon in my hands above my head. I think I had a dream I was Link and I was jump attacking with the Master Sword or something, haha.

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 pm 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
i fell asleep on the top bunk at my cousins once and had a dream i went skydiving. i woke up and i was on the floor.

I also had a dream when I was like 8. I fell asleep in my room and dreamed that it was saturday morning and I got up to go watch cartoons downstairs (2 sets of stairs, 6 steps each.) I woke up at like, 4 AM and I was sitting completely upright on the couch downstairs with the remote in my hand. I kind of looked around like "did... did i just.... was i sleepwalking?!" then shrugged it off and went back upstairs to bed.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:00 am 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14669
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
Napalm Man wrote:
I had a weird dream recently, I can't remember the first part, but we can cut to the good part.

For some strange reason, my girlfriend had been kidnapped by Satan.


Quit playing Ghosts and Goblins before bed.

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:12 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
One time, in a dream, I was talking on a phone, and I woke up with a bunch of my sheets wadded up in my fist, next to my face.

I was talking into a sheet-phone?

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:31 pm 
Offline
Nameless NESkomic Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:15 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Napalm Man wrote:
One time, in a dream, I was talking on a phone, and I woke up with a bunch of my sheets wadded up in my fist, next to my face.

Who was phone?


:awesome:

_________________
Image

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group