neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:47 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

So, I've noticed that a lot of the time, we clutter up the Random Thought Thread with weird random dreams we've been having. So I was thinking why not just have a thread dedicated to it?

And if no one has any interesting ones to share, we could always talk about the mechanics of our dreams.

Like, for instance, how many of you guys dream in color? Which of the 5 senses (besides sight, obviously) have you experienced in dreams before? Any reoccuring dreams lately? What about lucid dreaming? Ever have dreams where *insert body part here* falls off/stops working? What's the scariest dream you ever had? What about the weirdest?

I almost always dream in colour. Sometimes the colours seem more real and crisp than real life, so I get a lot of dreams where I think I'm awake. I've also experienced all of the senses in my dreams before. Even taste and smell. Those were kinda weird ones. I almost always dream with audio and most of the time I have dreams where I can feel and touch everything, too.

I had a dream a long time ago where I was walking around my neighborhood and my friend was riding his bike. I looked away, and looked back, and he was walking his dog. Then he hopped inside his dog, and apparently his dog had a window or something, because I looked inside, and it looked like the interior of a truck. I then flew away and he chased me with a boomerang. I eventually landed because I needed to tie my shoes.

I used to have nightmares about the Cyberdemon from Doom as a kid. I would be having a normal dream, and he'd pop out of nowhere and scream at me. And it'd be like...a 3-d picture, like if my brain was a movie screen, he was popping out of it and just screaming at me.

But enough about me, how about the rest of you? Let's share those funny moving pictures in our brains with each other.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:41 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate

I used to have disturbingly vivid dreams concerning murder. The color and overall imagery was very clear, and my sense of touch was also intact.

I can't remember the last dream I had, I'm starting to forget them more frequently I think. I've only had a couple of lucid dreams that I can remember, both of which involved deific power and awesome sex.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:07 pm 
He who has seen beyond the veil

Whenever I think of weird dreams I've had... I recall my kitten castle dream.

And my spider-legged hooker dream.... god that was freakish.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Kil Rasha wrote:
Whenever I think of weird dreams I've had... I recall my kitten castle dream.

And my spider-legged hooker dream.... god that was freakish.

I'm intrigued, go on....

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:11 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I constantly have dreams that I fuck girls I know, but not really girls that I want to fuck irl. Just like, friends of mine, or people I vaguely know from somewhere.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:33 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

All my dreams:

1. Are post-apocalyptic
2. Involve fucking jailbait

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Fallout wrote:
All my dreams:

1. Are post-apocalyptic

Hokuto no Fallout

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:26 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I only dream in black and white.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:34 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:

I only dream cuz I'm alive

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:43 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

Blackman! wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

I only dream in black and white

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:39 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate

Fallout wrote:
Blackman! wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

I only dream in black and white

To save me from myseeelf.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:58 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i dream in a sort of technicolour slash film noir. i've had quite a few lucid dream snippets, most of the longer ones a sex dreams, the majority involve me realising im dreaming and trying really hard to hold onto it. I still don't know whether I'm shouting for real when I can feel myself lying in bed.

i know i could do it all the time if I tried, but the line between reality and fantasy is blurred enough for me as it is, mistaking waking life for a dream would be downright dangerous. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Waking Life?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:43 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate

gimp wrote:
i dream in a sort of technicolour slash film noir. i've had quite a few lucid dream snippets, most of the longer ones a sex dreams, the majority involve me realising im dreaming and trying really hard to hold onto it. I still don't know whether I'm shouting for real when I can feel myself lying in bed.

i know i could do it all the time if I tried, but the line between reality and fantasy is blurred enough for me as it is, mistaking waking life for a dream would be downright dangerous. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Waking Life?

I watched it earlier this week. Neat stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:37 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Soruja wrote:
gimp wrote:

i'm with gimp on this one. i sort of live inside my head and experience reality on the side, and when in an area i can be god; i tend to linger far too long and wake up at 4p.m. not good for keeping schedules.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:43 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Fallout wrote:
All my dreams:

1. Are post-apocalyptic

:awesome: :\m/:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:47 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

S1eepy wrote:
Soruja wrote:
gimp wrote:

i'm with gimp on this one. i sort of live inside my head and experience reality on the side, and when in an area i can be god; i tend to linger far too long and wake up at 4p.m. not good for keeping schedules.

your name is s1eepy

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:30 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Soruja wrote:
gimp wrote:

your name is s1eepy

touche sir.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:20 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I had a dream last night where I think for the very first time in any dream I have ever had, I killed a person. I forget who it was exactly, but it looked like someone I might have known way back in the day. I was at a house by the beach, and this person was like a spy or something - a spy for what I'm not exactly sure, but they had a gun, and I wrestled it away from them, hit them with the back of it to knock it down, and then I was over them pointing the gun down and giving a speech about something I can't remember. Then I asked if they had a final request, and they told me to go build a dam in a lake or something, and then I shot them in the face.

Then I had a dream immediately afterwards about waking up from that dream in the same house, but it was different because the dream had distorted everything from the reality of it, and I was just talking to my brother and his roommate and girlfriend about something.

I don't know what the significance of any of that is, but I've never had a dream where I've actually killed a person before, so that's really weird.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 am 
In-House Sax Machine

I had a weird dream recently, I can't remember the first part, but we can cut to the good part.

For some strange reason, my girlfriend had been kidnapped by Satan.

And at one point in the dream, my cell phone rang, I answered, and it was Satan saying weird, demonic things I couldn't make out.

And when I tried to talk into the phone and demand what the hell was going on, I couldn't speak, I could *feel* myself being choked.

It was really, really weird.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:15 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

You might've been sleeping with your face buried in the pillow and your cellphone probably rang while you were asleep, but you were so deep into it that it didn't wake you up.

That is a pretty hardcore dream, though, man. I hardly ever have nightmares, but I have really weird dreams like that sometimes, too. Like, about ninjas and being chased by dinosaurs. I've had a LOT of zombie dreams. In one of them I was just running around and kicking them in the face. In another I was with a bunch of survivors in, I think it was in a hospital?, I don't remember exactly, but I was at a loss for what to do, and then I pulled out my Zombie Survival Guide, and I was like "Well, glad I've got this! Ha! :awesome: "

Have you ever woke up in a really weird position? I've woken up a few times with my arms over my head completely extended and my hands forming a two handed fist, like I was doing a leaping jump at something with a weapon in my hands above my head. I think I had a dream I was Link and I was jump attacking with the Master Sword or something, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

i fell asleep on the top bunk at my cousins once and had a dream i went skydiving. i woke up and i was on the floor.

I also had a dream when I was like 8. I fell asleep in my room and dreamed that it was saturday morning and I got up to go watch cartoons downstairs (2 sets of stairs, 6 steps each.) I woke up at like, 4 AM and I was sitting completely upright on the couch downstairs with the remote in my hand. I kind of looked around like "did... did i just.... was i sleepwalking?!" then shrugged it off and went back upstairs to bed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:00 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Napalm Man wrote:
I had a weird dream recently, I can't remember the first part, but we can cut to the good part.

For some strange reason, my girlfriend had been kidnapped by Satan.

Quit playing Ghosts and Goblins before bed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:12 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

One time, in a dream, I was talking on a phone, and I woke up with a bunch of my sheets wadded up in my fist, next to my face.

I was talking into a sheet-phone?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:31 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Napalm Man wrote:
One time, in a dream, I was talking on a phone, and I woke up with a bunch of my sheets wadded up in my fist, next to my face.

Who was phone?

:awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next