neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:36 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:
at the start of the week i dreamed that indigo died in my arms and woke up sitting up screaming, clutching nothing. bea and my unborn son died earlier in the dream i think, judging from what was going through my head.

there was more to it than that obviously but i dont really know how to explain it because i was extremely lucid but in a narrative, and i ended it with this matrixy, metaphysical 'ok switch it off it has to be done, i know i can take it moment' that backfired horrendously. Like, i was a character at the end of act 2 skipping out of the story, and instead of avoiding the events that lead to inevitable repercussions the repercussions instead happened instantly, and i couldn't process what was going on and tell myself it was just a dream at the same time. It was an awful full body multi-sensory hategasm.

Dude, that blows.

I keep having dreams about my friend who killed herself, mostly about her killing herself again. Those sorts of dreams are fucking bullshit and have me convinced our brains are plotting against us.

I had a friend who choked to death in his sleep on his own vomit a couple years ago, and was found dead in his dorm room at school the next day. I recently had a dream where I was visiting him at school, and we went to a party. He complained about not feeling well so we went back to his dorm. I woke up in the middle of the night in this dream to this really horrifying gagging sound, got up, woke him up and carried him to the bathroom. We went back to sleep and the next morning we just went out to a diner for breakfast like nothing happened.

I dreamed that if he hadn't been alone that night, he'd still be here today. Even worse, I dreamed that I was the one with him, and in the dream I didn't fully grasp the importance of what I did. It wasn't until I woke up that I realized he would have died. And it kind of all hit me at once that I just dreamed about the night of a friend's death, and I stopped it. I know that sounds like it should be a good dream, but it was one of the worst I've ever had. All it did was remind me that he's gone, and that since he was in school in another state, there was nothing my friends and I could have done. Feels bad man.

That's awful dude, sorry. It is sort of comforting to know that other people have similar experiences with that sort of dream, though. I was kind of worried that something was seriously going wrong in my head.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:56 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:
at the start of the week i dreamed that indigo died in my arms and woke up sitting up screaming, clutching nothing. bea and my unborn son died earlier in the dream i think, judging from what was going through my head.

there was more to it than that obviously but i dont really know how to explain it because i was extremely lucid but in a narrative, and i ended it with this matrixy, metaphysical 'ok switch it off it has to be done, i know i can take it moment' that backfired horrendously. Like, i was a character at the end of act 2 skipping out of the story, and instead of avoiding the events that lead to inevitable repercussions the repercussions instead happened instantly, and i couldn't process what was going on and tell myself it was just a dream at the same time. It was an awful full body multi-sensory hategasm.

Dude, that blows.

I keep having dreams about my friend who killed herself, mostly about her killing herself again. Those sorts of dreams are fucking bullshit and have me convinced our brains are plotting against us.

I had a friend who choked to death in his sleep on his own vomit a couple years ago, and was found dead in his dorm room at school the next day. I recently had a dream where I was visiting him at school, and we went to a party. He complained about not feeling well so we went back to his dorm. I woke up in the middle of the night in this dream to this really horrifying gagging sound, got up, woke him up and carried him to the bathroom. We went back to sleep and the next morning we just went out to a diner for breakfast like nothing happened.

I dreamed that if he hadn't been alone that night, he'd still be here today. Even worse, I dreamed that I was the one with him, and in the dream I didn't fully grasp the importance of what I did. It wasn't until I woke up that I realized he would have died. And it kind of all hit me at once that I just dreamed about the night of a friend's death, and I stopped it. I know that sounds like it should be a good dream, but it was one of the worst I've ever had. All it did was remind me that he's gone, and that since he was in school in another state, there was nothing my friends and I could have done. Feels bad man.

That's awful dude, sorry. It is sort of comforting to know that other people have similar experiences with that sort of dream, though. I was kind of worried that something was seriously going wrong in my head.

i've had relatives die, a few associates, pets, but i haven't really lost anyone close. i'm not looking forward to that day. who knows. maybe i'm the one who gets cut out early. i feel like i've died a hundred times already. frankly, i'm surprised i'm still around.

though, wherein dreams are concerned: there is a certain stickyness to events you could lump under "things you do not want to happen". and i mean that it has to do when you try to pull away from them. they like to adhere. they get rooted deeply. unless you're competent at re-hacking your subconscious: your conscious mind is going to get caught on them. you've gotta let it wash through you, accept it, only then can you do anything about it. the point isn't to fight it. the point is to realize where you are, and put your own pen to the narrative. 'i'm the author now'

i hope that makes enough sense to get the idea across.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:14 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

S1eepy wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:

Dude, that blows.

i've had relatives die, a few associates, pets, but i haven't really lost anyone close. i'm not looking forward to that day. who knows. maybe i'm the one who gets cut out early. i feel like i've died a hundred times already. frankly, i'm surprised i'm still around.

though, wherein dreams are concerned: there is a certain stickyness to events you could lump under "things you do not want to happen". and i mean that it has to do when you try to pull away from them. they like to adhere. they get rooted deeply. unless you're competent at re-hacking your subconscious: your conscious mind is going to get caught on them. you've gotta let it wash through you, accept it, only then can you do anything about it. the point isn't to fight it. the point is to realize where you are, and put your own pen to the narrative. 'i'm the author now'

yeah. you're saying not wanting my daughter to die is a character flaw. :cookieshuh:

:coookieesssss:

edit: and blame, that is fucked. i want to watch Solaris now, thanks a lot.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:23 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:

Dude, that blows.

yeah. you're saying not wanting my daughter to die is a character flaw. :cookieshuh:

no. it's about shutting off emotions so that you can dictate what follows.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:43 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:

Dude, that blows.

:roll: i pity anyone who has emotionless dreams. you won't learn anything about yourself by shutting it out.

I assumed you weren't talking to me though. :wink:

Immediately after reading this quote tree out to Bea she fell asleep for 30 seconds and dreamed that she found me underwater in the bath not moving. she thought she was still awake and had just gone to the bathroom. she woke up when she touched me.

i dunno how other people work, but the allegorical plot of my dreams lead to waking up, right from the start, and the final climactic & memorable section of the dream would be occurring over less than a minute real time. It's kind of late to turn it around when you're simply waking up, don't you think?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:

Dude, that blows.

:roll: i pity anyone who has emotionless dreams. you won't learn anything about yourself by shutting it out.

While i was responding to this Bea fell asleep for 30 seconds and dreamed that she found me underwater in the bath not moving. she woke up when she touched me. i dunno how other people work, but the allegorical plot of my dreams lead to waking up, right from the start, and the final climactic & memorable section of the dream would be occurring over less than a minute real time. It's kind of late to turn it around when you're simply waking up, don't you think?

example: trying to run. legs don't work. trying to move gets you more stuck.

i'm talking about ignoring the primitive panic reactions which lead to getting stuck in the aforementioned "do not want" situations.
have to relax and not be lead by those impulses.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:23 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:

Dude, that blows.

While i was responding to this Bea fell asleep for 30 seconds and dreamed that she found me underwater in the bath not moving. she woke up when she touched me. i dunno how other people work, but the allegorical plot of my dreams lead to waking up, right from the start, and the final climactic & memorable section of the dream would be occurring over less than a minute real time. It's kind of late to turn it around when you're simply waking up, don't you think?

i'm talking about ignoring the primitive panic reactions which lead to getting stuck in the aforementioned "do not want" situations.

so life experience.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:43 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Morte_The_Skull wrote:
gimp wrote:

Dude, that blows.

so life experience.

sort of. it bears a particular weight where dreams are concerned.
you're dealing with the subconscious there. the rules it operates by are alien to the conscious mind. counter intuitive.
"acceptance" means something entirely different depending upon which mind you are dealing with.
agreement vs. passing though. because to get "caught up on" infers to get caught on. to be stuck to. to be unable to escape.

so,in the instance of dying in a dream: you can either wake up as a result of: or you can carry on after. saying "okay, but i chose what happens next".
it is life experience, but it's not managing it in the same way you do as with the conscious mind. they are two separate entities. two different animals.

if it's all just leading up to waking up; then to what end are you benefiting from it really? but if it all culminates to, say, a question; then the search for an answer will become all the more deeply rooted.

anything that "just simply happens" can very readily be turned into a tool with a little ingenuity.
from everything between entertainment and enlightenment.

i just so happen to think that dreams are an exceptionally powerful tool when you start to consider the subconscious with a greater weight within the active picture of the conscious mind. by which i mean a more comprehensive familiarity with the inner loci of control. that, especially, within our minds: there is more going on to formulate "what we are aware of" than "what we are aware of". disengaging certain parts leads to a greater visibility of other parts, from there you can build configurations. not everything is useful all of the time. sometimes even the otherwise most useful object can be a hindrance.

for instance: getting buzzed carries a -20% penalty to certain faculties, while conferring a +20% bonus to others. i'll leave your own experiences with alcohol to be the judge of that. so, is this configuration of +-20% always beneficial? no. unquestionably not. emotional reactions and states are not much different. it's an electrical signal which sets off a chemical chain. X amount of "DO NOT WANT" sets a trigger of Y amount of "GTFO".

if you can set a configuration to apply the +-20% to specialized attributes and call it during choice situations: then you have a viable tool where others are left with only empty hands.

legs not moving turns into moving the universe to get you to where you want to be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

I had the absolute scariest dream of my life the other night. It was so fucking good that I have to make it into a short story or something.

Think of the movie Sphere, but mix it with a kind of controlling alien force, like invasion of the body snatchers. The whole point of the dream is that they leave you alone as long as you don't tell anyone else about them and don't tell people how to avoid getting caught. Dream ended when Nameless and I tried to warn my aunt that live in town that the side of her house was an assimilation area and she should avoid it. We were tip-toeing around what was really going on so as to not break the "rules" but she was wasn't getting it. I don't remember the name of the "things" that were the aliens, but I know that their name started with an SP, because I finally said fuck it, and said "Don't look at the Sp.....sp ppp spspsp"

but I started stuttering and couldn't finish the word. My aunt's face turned a brownish black, her eyes rolled back, and she put her mouth next to my neck and screamed. She had no teeth, just empty, endless holes where they used to be.

The scream was something like a Ghast from Minecraft, but add a lot of bass to it, and she had 4 different voices screaming in a dissonant chord. The scream shook my head, like literally, I woke up at that point because it felt like my whole body was vibrating as if I was on a shitty wooden roller coaster.

Single most terrifying dream I've ever had, and there's been some pretty bad ones recently. I think I need to avoid the weirder parts of the internet before I go to bed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

LocrianDm wrote:
I had the absolute scariest dream of my life the other night. It was so fucking good that I have to make it into a short story or something.

Think of the movie Sphere, but mix it with a kind of controlling alien force, like invasion of the body snatchers. The whole point of the dream is that they leave you alone as long as you don't tell anyone else about them and don't tell people how to avoid getting caught. Dream ended when Nameless and I tried to warn my aunt that live in town that the side of her house was an assimilation area and she should avoid it. We were tip-toeing around what was really going on so as to not break the "rules" but she was wasn't getting it. I don't remember the name of the "things" that were the aliens, but I know that their name started with an SP, because I finally said fuck it, and said "Don't look at the Sp.....sp ppp spspsp"

but I started stuttering and couldn't finish the word. My aunt's face turned a brownish black, her eyes rolled back, and she put her mouth next to my neck and screamed. She had no teeth, just empty, endless holes where they used to be.

The scream was something like a Ghast from Minecraft, but add a lot of bass to it, and she had 4 different voices screaming in a dissonant chord. The scream shook my head, like literally, I woke up at that point because it felt like my whole body was vibrating as if I was on a shitty wooden roller coaster.

Single most terrifying dream I've ever had, and there's been some pretty bad ones recently. I think I need to avoid the weirder parts of the internet before I go to bed.

yeah dude. get writing. asap. you could make a great screen play out of that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:40 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

S1eepy wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

yeah dude. get writing. asap. you could make a great screen play out of that.

I've been remembering more details lately too. Apparently it was Nameless and I, and we had a friend with us who was also aware of what's going on. He was clearly the comic relief, cuz whenever he talked he sounded like that one white guy you know that tried to be too black for his own good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Had a dream last night where my friend Joe was actually Tommy Lee and he owned a full blown pirate ship at his lake house. We rode around in the boat and para-sailed behind it using blow-up rafts. Then we parked and went to one of those giant evangelical churches dressed as super heroes. Tommy Lee was Batman and his wife was Harlequin, and I think she was wearing a Dalek dress underneath.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:24 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

my tafboc characters are ganging up on me in my sleep to tell me to finish their stories. bunch of dicks.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Had a night long dream that this thread was very lively. We had about 10-15 new people on it who contributed regularly and the forum had a feel all over it of being all about new posts and conversations about everything. NESkimos also announced another show.

Yeah, I don't know either. :cookieshmm:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:28 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:
Had a night long dream that this thread was very lively. We had about 10-15 new people on it who contributed regularly and the forum had a feel all over it of being all about new posts and conversations about everything. NESkimos also announced another show.

Yeah, I don't know either. :cookieshmm:

well. that's not really that far off. though, 10-15 new people making it through the baptism of fire is a stretch. when we can bounce juggalos within a week: i have a hard time considering it anything but an effective screening process.

we discuss a pretty damn wide variety of things though. this is a VGM band forum with fantasy football, play by post d&d, and current events threads. go find me another forum like that.

with that in mind: i propose this: get 10-15 new regulars, and maybe you see that show.

also: as an aside: how many musicians (who practice semi-regularly) do you think we know collectively between us? not counting internet friends i know. . . 19 who i am in pretty regular contact with. sort of a curiosity.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:50 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

S1eepy wrote:
Bogey wrote:
also: as an aside: how many musicians (who practice semi-regularly) do you think we know collectively between us? not counting internet friends i know. . . 19 who i am in pretty regular contact with. sort of a curiosity.

I used to work at a recording studio. It closed down, but the owners now own a bar that I go to fairly regularly. Lots of indie bands and hipsters, but still musicians that i've known for a few years. so... quite a few. One band used to be signed to Drive Thru Records back when that was a big deal, and another band recently got signed to some label and has had some airplay on Alt Nation on satellite radio. And a third has been touring pretty regularly. The took a van up to Maine to play a show and bragged to me about all the lobsters they devoured. I was jelly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

S1eepy wrote:

God dude, it's something like 70% of my friends. 80? I can't fathom making a list.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:25 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Had a "nightmare" last night that I was working at Publix again, and I couldn't keep my beard.

I like that the worst thing my brain can throw at me is shaving my beard off. It's nice that finals are over, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:28 am 
In-House Sax Machine

Nameless88 wrote:
Had a "nightmare" last night that I was working at Publix again, and I couldn't keep my beard.

I like that the worst thing my brain can throw at me is shaving my beard off. It's nice that finals are over, haha.

You know that dream where you're at a final exam for a class, but you've missed it all semester and aren't prepared for it at all?

I still have those sometimes. I've been out of college since 2009.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:04 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Napalm Man wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

You know that dream where you're at a final exam for a class, but you've missed it all semester and aren't prepared for it at all?

Same here. Have those at least once a week.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:38 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

LocrianDm wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

I'll have ones where I'm in a play and I haven't been to any of the rehearsals for it at all.

My brain's an asshole sometimes. :cookieshmm:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Nameless88 wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:
Napalm Man wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

I'll have ones where I'm in a play and I haven't been to any of the rehearsals for it at all.

My brain's an asshole sometimes. :cookieshmm:

I'm sometimes back at my first retail job. Those are increasingly rare but they still happen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:20 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Napalm Man wrote:

I know of it

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:01 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

So, my fever was 102 when I checked it today, and I was delirious last night during dream times. I had another lucid dream.

I was my character from EQ2, so I was a wizard, but I was still sick (fucking asshole brain, you're not supposed to be sick in your dreams) and as a side effect of the sleepiness the casting timers for all of my spells were reduced to 0. Upon realizing this I said

"wait a minute! Only Eci's Frozen Wrath, Blast of Devistation and Concussive Blasts have 0 casting times, and two of them you have to build up incriments to get 0 casting time. This must be a dream."

So I tried to take control and cast "remove sickness" but that's a dirge spell so it wouldn't work. I was too sick in the dream to control the dream, so I just sat there trying to cast shit on myself for like 4 hours without any of it working.

My brain's an asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:11 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Shiguero Miyamoto came to me in my dream tonight and told me to suck it up and buy a WiiU already. I wonder what it means...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next