neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:36 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Shiguero Miyamoto came to me in my dream tonight and told me to suck it up and buy a WiiU already. I wonder what it means...

You should probably invest in one of those Vita things we've heard so much about.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:22 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Shiguero Miyamoto came to me in my dream tonight and told me to suck it up and buy a WiiU already. I wonder what it means...

Oh yeah I've heard of those.

Looks neat you should get one.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

I am not convinced and Shiggy better fork over 'nother Metroid before I take the plunge.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm 
The so-called robot with admin powers

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
I am not convinced and Shiggy better fork over 'nother Metroid before I take the plunge.

and better online..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:17 am 

I dreamt that I was at the doctor's, where I was informed that I had a fungal infection in my brain and that it would be fatal but there would be no symptoms until it suddenly acted out and I'd be dead pretty quickly. Plus, until those symptoms showed, the doc wouldn't be able to do anything. So I was given a emergency call contraption; I say contraption because it wasn't a button but a mess of levers and slides. When I took it, I activated it and the ambulance drove by. Then my cat woke me up by licking my face.

My dreams have been really fucked up lately...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:06 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

Mine haven't been dreams so much as they've been waking up and not believing that I was awake, and dreaming but not believing I was dreaming. Couple that with swirling colors and occasional walls melting. I really hope I'm done with the flu finally.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 am 

LocrianDm wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

Couple that with swirling colors and occasional walls melting.

Get me some of that!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:55 am 
In-House Sax Machine

I had a dream about "Tree Surgery"

It was an emergency room, high-pressure, lots-of-drama styled reality show, but about tree surgeons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:00 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I'm going to need you to draw me a diagram of how such a surgery would work. Preferably in MS Paint, because it'd be funnier.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:37 am 
In-House Sax Machine

Nameless88 wrote:
I'm going to need you to draw me a diagram of how such a surgery would work. Preferably in MS Paint, because it'd be funnier.

I mean, a normal "tree surgeon" is just a guy that cuts down branches, more or less.

This was that guy, but all high-stakes (but not dressed like a doctor or anything), and the tree was on an operating room table

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:36 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Napalm Man wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

I mean, a normal "tree surgeon" is just a guy that cuts down branches, more or less.

This was that guy, but all high-stakes (but not dressed like a doctor or anything), and the tree was on an operating room table

aww, I really pictured you doing like a chlorophyll transfusion and a root transplant or something...

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
LocrianDm wrote:

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:

Couple that with swirling colors and occasional walls melting.

Get me some of that!

The flu + liquid Lortab cough syrup. At $10 a bottle you can't beat it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:36 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Had a dream that may be a good set up for a sci-fi story/movie.

There was a city, or maybe whole country, that was completely sealed in for safety reasons. The outside world was too dangerous because of radiation or whatever. Everything is all clean and sterile and there's a giant moat or lake that has a kraken in it for...I don't know protection or waste management? Something. So anyways this perfect civilization gets an EMP or virus and all the technology shuts down. No one can get food (all electric dispensers) people are locked out of homes (all automatic steel doors) and overall nothing can get done. Even the kraken goes nuts, not because whatever sort of control stops but because its mate gets free. They weren't placating it with a sensor but keeping its mate locked away. Well once it gets free they actually mate and their size and all the tentacles end up doing a ton of damage. So after that everything becomes like an apocalypse zone. Every one is equal. Every one is surviving. Every one is together. Eventually someone finds a series of big doors. One of them gets opened and its nothing but an area of switches and lights and behind the scenes electronics that are all down. There's this huge debate about opening others. 'They're all nothing' 'What if one's an exit?' 'Should we exit?' 'The outside is too dangerous' 'We need to get out of HERE' etc. Eventually one door is opened and it leads outside. Outside is a typical normal world. There's sun, streams, and grassy hills. People slowly come out and begin to find buildings that are modern, not the futuristic technologically dependent ones. Everybody is exploring and realizing they can start fresh, relearn farming and how to live. All is going to be ok. (At a weird point in the dream I find this big fancy Frank Lloyd Wright house and see a girl I knew in college who's name I CAN'T remember inside. She's babysitting and playing with this kid and dressed up like Merida from Brave because she's babysitting and because she's got the crazy red hair. She's scared of me because I look like garbage and trying to break in and whatnot but I just want to know how she's living and existing and what happened.)
So everyone's ok. No one knows what the future place was all about but people are gonna be people again, all the playing fields are level, and everyone is gonna be ok together. Then someone spots another door in a wall where there shouldn't be a door.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:52 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

two dreams I just find odd in terms of content:

1) Had a dream that a friend's soon-to-be wife accidentally posted about 5 nude pics on twitter instead of texting them to someone who wasn't my friend. It was just a weird, random, quick dream.

2) Had an entire dream where my ex was shopping somewhere and I ran into her, her son, and a new boyfriend. They looked super happy and everything. We were very cordial, but after they left I started plotting how to get her back. The rest of the dream were random attempts by me to find a way to get her back with me through conversation and attempted "friend hangouts". Really weird shit, since I made the decision to end due to not feeling the want/need to be a dad and didn't want to string either of them along.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 am 

I don't usually remember my dreams. Its pretty rare. Ever more rare than that is for me to have a nightmare. I had one last night though.

I was walking around a movie theater, the Regal on Western for anyone familiar with Chicago, and they were doing a special festival of schlocky horror and monster movies. Think Troma or Roger Corman. They also had big cardboard displays for most of the movies. There was one for a giant crab monster and one for "Man Eating Tree" which gives you an idea for the type of movie. Now one movie I watched here was about aliens invading Earth and taking the form of dolls.
(Quick sidenote: I have a love/hate fear/not fear relationship with dolls. Chucky doesn't bother me. Puppet Master is kinda cool. But ventriloquist dummies and like old Victorian porcelain dolls kinda skeeve me out)
I get to my parent's house and I'm walking down the hall and I see into my parents room and tucked into their bed is a huge, almost life size, doll. Now its one of those dolls where the body is filled fabric but the hands and head are solid. This thing had a porcelain head like a Gesha but with not so defined features, like No Face from Spirit Within. I look at it a bit and get kinda creeped out but don't pay much mind. I come out of the bathroom back into the hall and the lights in the room are out, the covers are on the floor, and the thing comes at me. It's movements are slow and insect like. It uses its hands to grab and drag itself like the girl from the Grudge or the Ring. Basically it has movement in its neck and hands but nowhere else so it kind of pulls itself around. Anyway I dash around the corner (my parents have an L shaped hall) and it follows me. Well it gets to me and grabs a hold of me. I topple over struggling with it into the living room. My mother is sitting at the table and sees me and starts trying to help. I actually black out for a few minutes just from being so scared of this thing but she manages to wake me up. At that point I grab a hold of this things head and begin to smash it. Then I start ripping the fabric pieces apart and get a hold of what was inside. Imagine a green human hand with no thumb and elongated fingers. That's what the creature inside looked like. I tear that thing apart too then barge into my parents room. I'm shaking this thing in my hand and screaming that if anything else is hiding it better come out now. A small egg shaped brown furry thing crawls out. It seems to have felt feet and felt teeth. I pick it up and it whimpers in fear. Just when I feel like everything is ok, the mouth inside the felt teeth opens up reveal sharp teeth and it lunges out of my hand.

That's when I woke up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Snifit wrote:
I don't usually remember my dreams. Its pretty rare. Ever more rare than that is for me to have a nightmare. I had one last night though.

I was walking around a movie theater, the Regal on Western for anyone familiar with Chicago, and they were doing a special festival of schlocky horror and monster movies. Think Troma or Roger Corman. They also had big cardboard displays for most of the movies. There was one for a giant crab monster and one for "Man Eating Tree" which gives you an idea for the type of movie. Now one movie I watched here was about aliens invading Earth and taking the form of dolls.
(Quick sidenote: I have a love/hate fear/not fear relationship with dolls. Chucky doesn't bother me. Puppet Master is kinda cool. But ventriloquist dummies and like old Victorian porcelain dolls kinda skeeve me out)
I get to my parent's house and I'm walking down the hall and I see into my parents room and tucked into their bed is a huge, almost life size, doll. Now its one of those dolls where the body is filled fabric but the hands and head are solid. This thing had a porcelain head like a Gesha but with not so defined features, like No Face from Spirit Within. I look at it a bit and get kinda creeped out but don't pay much mind. I come out of the bathroom back into the hall and the lights in the room are out, the covers are on the floor, and the thing comes at me. It's movements are slow and insect like. It uses its hands to grab and drag itself like the girl from the Grudge or the Ring. Basically it has movement in its neck and hands but nowhere else so it kind of pulls itself around. Anyway I dash around the corner (my parents have an L shaped hall) and it follows me. Well it gets to me and grabs a hold of me. I topple over struggling with it into the living room. My mother is sitting at the table and sees me and starts trying to help. I actually black out for a few minutes just from being so scared of this thing but she manages to wake me up. At that point I grab a hold of this things head and begin to smash it. Then I start ripping the fabric pieces apart and get a hold of what was inside. Imagine a green human hand with no thumb and elongated fingers. That's what the creature inside looked like. I tear that thing apart too then barge into my parents room. I'm shaking this thing in my hand and screaming that if anything else is hiding it better come out now. A small egg shaped brown furry thing crawls out. It seems to have felt feet and felt teeth. I pick it up and it whimpers in fear. Just when I feel like everything is ok, the mouth inside the felt teeth opens up reveal sharp teeth and it lunges out of my hand.

That's when I woke up.

GAAAA!!! I hate you right now. I'm only half done reading this (part where the doll comes at you) and I can't keep going. It's dark here, and there are strange noises coming from the other room (ice maker, I think.) I'll try to power through...

Just finished reading.... Not like I wanted to sleep tonight anyways.

Ok, had a really strange dream a few weeks ago.

Did I ever post here about my lucid dreams? I think I did. My go to thing was going to my car to see if my old roommate was also spiderman and tied up in my trunk. If he was, then it was a dream. All my attempts to this point have been successful lucid dreams due to this trigger.

My dream started like this - Through creative use of paper plates and flapping your arms just right, I found the secret to human flight. It worked as follows - You stand on the paper plate, crouch down and grab the front edge, then flap your elbows like a chicken. Once you take off, just steer the plate with your hands. Also, you have to WILL the plate to move, initially.

Midway through explaining to Nameless of my discovery, I say "wait.... this has got to be a fucking dream." Nameless replies "yeah, there's no way this is real." So we both take a trip to my car. I say to Nameless "you know the drill. If ex roommate is tied up in truck wearing Spiderman's outfit, it's a dream and we should go on a stripper / binge drug / crime spree" Nameless agrees and we open the trunk.

Empty truck. And that's what should have told me it was a dream. My trunk was completely empty, no junk at all, and that is never the case.

So I said "holy fuck, this isn't a dream... WE INVENTED HUMAN FLIGHT!!!"

We then proceed to patent and distribute our flying paper plates through the new company that we kickstarted. I think we called it "Living the Dream Aeronautics" or something. The next several hours of the dream were a kind of 80's style montage of us running the company until, ultimately, flight on paper plates completely replaces normal day-to-day travel and public transportation.

Nameless and I are initially hailed as the greatest inventors of the 21st century, but then hated by all of society because every single dipshit with a paper plate can now fly. Society as a whole takes a dive as idiots who fly too high get sucked into jet intakes, and the skies are filled with the morning commute. Rush hour becomes a nightmare, as minor fender benders on the ground are replaced by hellish mid-air collisions that cause those flying to plummet to the ground. In many cases, they cause ground traffic accidents as the splatter bodies of the flight crashes land on the highways, making travel difficult for those who refuse to take part in the absurdity of flying on paper plates.

Eventually, our company is bankrupted due to multiple class action law suits as well as wrongful death suits. Nameless and I gut the company and run off with the assets, flying away with backpacks full of cash into the sunset on our paper plates.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Had a dream last night that someone broke into our apartment and I caught them using our 2nd bathroom. They apparently got in using Jack's window.

After I forcibly excused the intruder, he came back with some friends to steal my coin collection (which I no longer have, sold a few months back) and I ended up beating one to death with a bamboo sword while he tried to climb in the window. Well, technically it wasn't the beating that killed him, it was the fall from the tree he was climbing onto the concrete.

I fucking hate dreams that are this realistic. The guy's eyes even went crossed when I hit him with the sword. He was trying to defend against the blows just like I've seen so many people on those street beatings videos you see on Live Leak, but just wasn't doing any good. One of his friends was telling me to stop attacking and just let him in my apartment, so I broke her nose with the bamboo sword (she was trying to get in the window too). His third friend was trying to call the police on me while I beat the intruders senseless. Police showed up quickly (highway patrol officer lives across the hall from me IRL, so he was first responder) and when intruders wouldn't surrender he pulped them quite thoroughly.

Woke up with my jimmies at maximum rustling level. After checking to make sure everything was ok in the waking world, I went back to sleep and the dream continued. The rest was me giving my statement to the patrol officer about the break-in and watching the paramedics peel the skin fragments and bits of skull off the side of my building.

Worst part about it was that the dream apartment was perfect down to the exact detail. It was a hyper-realistic dream and even had the smell of the mint-chocolate bar of soap in our guest bathroom. The stain on my carpet from where Jack spilled a red energy drink a few months back was even there.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:40 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Okay, so...I'm just remembering some details of this dream, but it was one of the weirdest things I've remembered in awhile, so here goes.

I'm back at my high school, or something really close to it but in one of those weird muddled dream versions where it's not quite right. There's this guy there who is kind of an asshole, but he's a good person. He's got kind of an accent, maybe he's Kenyan or something, I have no idea, not really important, but he likes to play pranks on people, especially fucking with the staff.

I can't remember the details of his pranks on them, but I do remember their retribution. One day, he pulls some particularly fucked up prank, and he just goes running down the hallway cracking the fuck up at what he did. There's a guy trying to chase him, and he's pissed off. I start running too, at this point, because maybe I was involved in it, too, or maybe at this point in the dream, I'm seeing things from his perspective. I dunno, dreams are weird like that.

He realizes that he forgot something important, and he has to go back, he's being called by someone. He runs into the bathroom, and Dr. Phil (who is apparently the principal of this school), another staff member, and 5 midgets are blocking him off, the other staff member takes a laptop out of the kids backpack, while the midgets basically make like a wall so he can't get by to stop him, and then he goes into the handicap stall and flushes the laptop down the toilet.

The dream ended with me recounting this on Reddit, asking the guy if that's cool, and trying to send the story to /r/bestof because I knew it was going to be a gold mine. :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:19 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
He realizes that he forgot something important, and he has to go back, he's being called by someone. He runs into the bathroom, and Dr. Phil (who is apparently the principal of this school), another staff member, and 5 midgets are blocking him off, the other staff member takes a laptop out of the kids backpack, while the midgets basically make like a wall so he can't get by to stop him, and then he goes into the handicap stall and flushes the laptop down the toilet.

Oooh, I remember this episode! Dr. Phil lines up the midgets while Kenyan guy tries to flush the evidence. He tells him "You are NOT the father" and the other staff member starts crying because she's going to lose her child support check. The midgets are not sad because Kenyan guy will stop sending birthday presents. Kenyan guy dances away.

I should also mention, the principal at our high school (for my senior year at least) really looked like Dr. Phil, if you take away the strong jawline.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:50 am 
KSK Mastermind

i constantly have dreams of Noel leaving me.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:26 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crashman wrote:

<3 you're ace man. her loss if she did (she won't).

brains can be pretty nasty

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:49 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
Crashman wrote:

<3 you're ace man. her loss if she did (she won't).

brains can be pretty nasty

truth. i have to tell mine to fuck off on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

My writer's block is over in the form of a very long dream that took place on a planet that I've been writing about in a short sci-fi novel.

I had the middle completed, but the beginning sucked, the end wasn't any good, and the background of the planet wasn't established. This dream wrote the origins of the planet, the reason why it's the way it is, and established the date in which the story takes place.

I'm not going to do into too much detail, as the story is far too long to post even an outline here. I got the writer's itch again, and I'm working on actually getting the story underway. I wrote a detailed outline the other night and it came to 3 full pages before I had to speed it up and just make bullet points for the rest, which still came to another full page. If I write it all out as fast as I could, would probably be around 200 pages, but that's not including conversations and stuff like that.

Background involves a planet wide disaster that kills 75% of the population, and the remaining people have side affects. The disaster is alien based.. Story follows one of the survivors as he tries to live in the world changing after the virtual apocalypse.

The book I was writing before takes place about 80 years after the disaster and involves a crash landing on the planet in question. Until now, I had no reason for the crash to happen, or a way in which the story would end. Now I have all of them.

I've got work to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:58 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Well, I had a kind of cutesy idea pop into my head during a dream, and it turned into full on creepy as fuck lovecraftian horror.

I was hanging out with someone, I think it was a stand-in for Fionna from Adventure Time, or something, and we were just chilling, doing dream stuff. I think I had to help her talk to her dad who was a demon or something. And then her step mom showed up and told me to catch her a shiny pokemon to impress her. Whatever, that's not the important part. Well, I mean, that was the main plot of my dream, until some background events happened.

For some reason, the terrain became Minecraft, and we walked past a little desert area, and there was just this little shimmering man standing in there (think like Predator, it's not invisible, but it's got that clear outline sort of thing going for it. Knock off invisibility, a Somebody Else's Problem field like HHGTTG). We joke as we walk past that the server we're on has an event where we see who the oldest standing NPC character is. The last winner was that thing.

So, what the hell *was* that thing?

Basically, he's a cactus person. They show up everywhere. They don't really do anything, they just kind of...stand there. With their little shimmer effect on. Completely motionless.

How long has that thing been there? Well, nobody really knows.

So then the lore starts to get to me. Maybe they're older than any of us, maybe they're the dying members of an ancient race. Maybe they've been around this whole time...just...watching us.

At this point, I realize what their face would look like, if I saw one. It just kind of screams at my mind, and it looks like a mix between a Cactus, A Slime, and http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Jeff_the_Killer <---this fucker.

At this point, the dream basically became one of those "Oh God, if I open my eyes, that is going to be staring at me" kind of dreams. Gah. Fuck. I'm still creeped out by it.

Also, I wrote about it in the Minecraft suggestion subreddit, because that's too creepy not to at least mention.
http://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsugges ... _out_this/

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:59 pm 

I've been remembering my dreams a lot lately. Don't know if its a good or bad thing. Last few have been boring mundane ones, probably due to stress and anxieties and stuff.

Anyways, last night I dreamed that my fiance, myself, and our really good friend were at a huge state fair carnival. We were just hanging around, looking at rides, eating bad fried food, typical stuff. So Our friend decided she wanted to break away and do something else. After a few hours we went looking for her. Finally found a booth with a huge pen like the type for a petting zoo or pony ride. There was a guy manning it who looked like a circus ringleader with the tophat, thing mustache, and big frock coat. Apparently he organized the whole thing as a freak sh9ow type exhibit and inside were four lamias, half woman half snake. We found that our friend was one of them and she seemed in a daze. Once we were able to snap her out of it she realized what had happened. She started to climb up the wooden fence and was begging, like pleading with tears, to help her.
I know that there's no big huge fair like that and I know its not possible to get turned into a circus monster outside of a Bradbury story but seeing THAT look of utter terror and desperation really unnerved me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I think I got an idea for a game in a dream last night.

It started out as a trailer for a movie where these two dudebros that look like the main characters from Contra are hanging out near like a big mineshaft elevator thing, and then another platform comes down, and it's full of explosives, so they started booking it and running through a bunch of obstacles to escape the blast, they end up ducking into a small escape hatch and diving into the elevator shaft below the platform, and it falls on them, and somehow they end up bench pressing it, and the name of the movie or game or whatever the hell I was just watching a trailer for is "we're going to fight your elevator, bro". Might, uh...might have to work on that one, because the subsequent game that I watch has pretty much nothing to do with that whatsoever, haha.

So, the game is basically a platformer where you just kind of fall down a giant hole (an elevator shaft, I guess?). They get to the bottom and fight a boss. There's also a bunch of weird enemies, like there's one that looks like a wind up clockwork lady, and another is a mini-boss that looks like a half-man half-bulldozer that you fight by jumping on his head and he morphs like a bulldozer scoop and tries to hit you off his head, but you jump at the last minute and he hits himself instead, and another was a mini-boss that you jumped on his head and pulled his hair out by punching him, and then he lost the will to fight because you fucked up his wonderful haircut (he looked kind of like Prince Adam from He-Man with his stupid dumbshit looking bowl-cut) and he just shows you the exit to the stage because he's done with it.

I think the end boss was like a big weird looking alien thing that looked like a giant potato covered in evil twitching eyeballs and tentacles and shit, and it flew around. Sounds kind of par for the course with most NES games.

I'm not sure if a game where you fall down forever would work, but then I got to thinking, was there ever like a spiritual successor to Bubble Bobble? Because it's a bunch of little stages split up where your characters keep traveling downward after each level is complete. Or, maybe it could just be a game that takes like...every Elevator level from every NES game, and kind of emulates that, where you fight bosses and enemies that just keep coming on to an elevator that's forever going down.

Anyway, it was a weird dream, but it was entertaining.

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next