neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Duke "Fuck List"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Gilrfriend posted this on her facebook account:
http://jezebel.com/5658978/world-captiv ... -fuck-list

All of her friends were getting into a debate about how sexual promiscuity is perceived as acceptable for men but a no-no for women. Here's what I responded with:

I think the main point of this article is being completely missed by everyone....She wrote a 42 page paper about it. 42. Fourty. Two. FOURTY TWO PAGES. Most likely in 12 point font, and double spaced. The pictures and graphs probably fluff ...it out a bit, too. But, seriously, that's like 41 pages more than I could ever really care about someone's sex life.

And this was written for shits and giggles, too. It wasn't an official paper or anything. Bitch, stop talking about your sex life and DO YOUR HOMEWORK. She's in Duke University. That shit's prestigious. And she's gonna spend her time writing a paper about her sex life? Don't you have a fucking thesis to write or something?

I mean, yeah, I get it. People like to talk about themselves. Bros sitting around like "ooh, dude, I totally nailed this one chick. It was hawt." That's cool. Girls can do that. But, I'm not gonna read a 42 fucking page long report about it. That's just conceited, and it makes me believe that she's either a rich kid that's going to school because her parents are paying for it, or she just doesn't give a shit. How can you spend that much free time making a fucking paper about just the most mundane shit and NOT neglect real work? Not to mention that she must have taken the time to get to know each of these men, too, and gotten into a close enough relationship to feel safe enough to have sex with them. So, that just further solidifies my idea that she's fucking around with all her free time and blowing off important shit that she should be doing like studying or school work. No person who is actually serious about school is going to have time to fuck around with like 12 different people. Even if we're guessing she wrote the paper over a 4 year study at Duke, we can assume that that's still 3 guys a semester.

So, in conclusion: why should I give a shit about a person who blows off real work to write a gigantic paper on her sex life?

And don't even get me started about how much of a joke the media is for picking up on this shit. I mean, Jesus tap dancing Christ, there's real things going on in the world right now. Important things. And these clownshoes focus on something as ridiculous as THIS? Go back to journalism school, you hacks.

Apologies for language, but I think I'm justified because this shit is just mind boggling.

I just figured I'd share this with you, because I think I make a pretty fucking valid point.

Oh, and if we want to use this thread to discuss how sexual promiscuity is perceived in men/women and how we can combat the double standards that somehow persist in our world today, then, yeah, go ahead and debate away. I just think that the main point is that this crazy bitch wrote a fucking 42 page paper about what's been between her sideways smile, and there's no way someone can take that much time for something and not be neglecting her studies, so that makes me hate her as a person. I don't care who she's slept with, I care that she's a shitty person for neglecting actual obligations in school (and a fucking expensive school, too) and studying to write a ridiculously long paper about it.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

Post subject: Re: Duke "Fuck List"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i'd say its more acceptable for a male to be promiscuous, but more likely for a female to be. a guy can rubber it up with every chick he nails, and know he did his part to at least try to be responsible. its much less likely that a woman is going to slap one on every dong she should happen across. the sad truth is that alcohol is often a relevant factor in the majority of couplings out there; often the sole reason for them. the rate at which diseases spread from bar to bar, party to party, frat to frat must be staggering. sure male instinct might be to at least consider boning (almost) everything in sight, but it is easily controlled for anyone other than these orange skinned mongoloids following their ultimately self-defeating 'bro-code'. want to make sure half of the women in town are unfuckable due to aids? bring a bunch of these faggots around. though to be honest; i'm a little glad that there exists a sort of screening process for all of the disease ridden filth that may linger nearby. all seemingly devoid of any higher brain function required to constitute a human.

real people don't want cpt.snatch for brains, coming from either side of the table. i've seen oceans of emptied out husks of people roaming the streets; the stench alcohol swaying in the breeze; the sent of dignity nowhere around. these people are weak. they are inferior. how can one achieve so much as a single goal if one is unable to mitigate their time to anything other than pure mechanical drive? don't tell me i'm wrong. i have looked that beast square in the eye. i know its face(s). they all look the same. social trends granting copy-pasta brains to the automatons. grinding the gears of society for us; bearing children unfit for reproduction. i'd be grateful for them if they weren't such a disgusting site every time. . . but, i never really have to see them anyway, so i suppose i am.

haha, woah. that one took a weird bend you weren't expecting didn't it?
protip: a lot of people out there aren't real. many can be made real. some never will be. remember, the ones that are not still serve a very important purpose. so sometimes its best just to let disgusting filth be disgusting filth. just keep those around you in proper, rational, working order and it'll all be gravy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:17 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

The real kicker is, she didn't even do this to publish it anywhere on the internet. She meant only to send it to 3 or 4 friends. Fourty. Two. Page. Paper. On her sex life. Sent to three people. What a waste of fucking time. One of her friends sent it to one other person and it snowballed.

Also:
A key that can open many locks is a master key. A lock that can be opened by many keys is just a shitty lock.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 pm 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

illblamesum1else wrote:
Also:
A key that can open many locks is a master key. A lock that can be opened by many keys is just a shitty lock.

First thing I thought when I started reading the news article.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Eh, it just strikes me as an interesting creative outlet. I personally have always felt that sexuality is the ultimate form of self expression, and from that mindset I can't see anything particularly wrong with this.

Also, yes, there is a definite double standard in our culture regarding promiscuity. You can tell this just by looking at the words we use to describe sex. Male sexual exploits are treated almost violently, like conquests of war. You nailed, or banged, or screwed, or fucked someone. Women, typically we say they "got nailed" etc. BY someone. That or we use a sports metaphor, saying someone "scored."

Similarly, look at the words we use for promiscuous people. Men are Pimps or Players, neither of which carries a particularly negative connotation. Women, meanwhile, are sluts or whores or skanks. On the rare occasion that we do apply a negative term to a promiscuous man, we say something like "manwhore" or "manslut", the implication being similar to that of calling someone a "male nurse"; that the norm is female and they are deviating from that by being male.

So yes, there is a double standard, and no, I don't see anything particularly wrong about writing this, I think it's an interesting way for her to express herself. Also, if a man had written this, it would be considered badass.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:21 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I agree with Morte. Yes, a 42 page paper is a bit much but still she should have a right to write about whatever she wants Granted I haven't read said paper so I can't comment too much on it but I still feel he's mostly right.

Maybe its because I haven't fucked a lot of girls but I've never understood the title bestowed upon those who have. Seems to me its more about how good you are and not how many you've had. Having sex with a girl is easy. Anyone can go to last call and pick up a pussy. Making that girl want you again? That takes talent and I'd be far more impressed with someone who can do that, male or female, than someone that can get a bunch of drunks to go to bed with them.

Something else I think is interesting about the whole pimp/slut thing. If you talk about a gay man who fucks a lot he's a slut and a women who fucks a lot is a master at seducing straight girls. I wouldn't say its men who are pimps and women who are sluts but more WHO they fuck. A gay guy sleeps around with a bunch of men, he's a ho. A woman sleeps around with a bunch of men, she's a ho.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:31 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate

I love being white, straight, and a man so I don't have to deal with all of this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:05 pm 

Are you implying I'm not one of those things?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:07 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate

Snifit wrote:
Are you implying I'm not one of those things?

Oh no no, I'm just saying that clearly being a woman, nu-sexual, and/or minority has much more rigid standards. I derived this truth from the many posts above.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:57 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

See, I get it that there's a double standard between men and women. To me, though, that isn't the issue.

The issue is that any person - regardless of gender, sexuality, age, race, religion, any contributing factor - would feel the need to write a 42 page paper, and send it to a couple of friends.

To me, this is like one of those SNL skits that goes on for like 10 minutes longer than it needs to be. While her paper could have ended a lot sooner, she dragged it out until it was no longer even remotely funny.

It's like "ha ha, yeah...yeah, we get it. That's a great story, man."

To me, sexual promiscuity isn't an issue. As long as you wrap up your shit, and you get an STD test before you have sex with me, I'm cool with you.

My issue is with this person just going on and fucking on about their sex life. To me, that screams douchebag. Or, in this case, douchebagette.

It just really fucking irks me. If any of you guys wrote a 42 page paper about everyone you fucked, do you know what I'd do? I'd leak it to the rest of the internet, so you'd feel like a jackass. I'd hope it gets national coverage so that everyone who knows you knows that you're a self absorbed ass hat. That goes for anyone.

Write a quick paragraph about how you accidentally came in a girl's eye? That's funny. Make a blog post about how chicks fart when you blast em in the ass? Funny shit, man, and informative, thanks. 42 page paper about the last 12 people you've fucked, and your ratings on how each preformed in bed, along with a comprehensive graph system to accompany the paper? Okay, now you're just an asshole, and I need to let everyone I know that you wasted a huge amount of my time, and a huge amount of your's. Unless you're fucking Hugh Hefner, I'm not gonna read about your sex life for more than a page, a page and a half tops if it's funny or I'm getting a boner reading it. That's just me, though.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:56 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Nameless88 wrote:
To me, sexual promiscuity isn't an issue. As long as you wrap up your shit, and you get an STD test before you have sex with me, I'm cool with you.

Nameless88 wrote:
As long as you wrap up your shit, and you get an STD test before you have sex with me, I'm cool with you.

Nameless88 wrote:
As long as you wrap up your shit before you have sex with me, I'm cool with you.

Nameless88 wrote:
blast em in the ass

:coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:17 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

In today's episode, Nameless implies he likes it up the butt! Find out what wacky antics happens when the boys on the forum catch wind of this.

Admittedly, I did not double check what I wrote, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:53 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So when I heard about this I thought one thing. "This chick just saw Mallrats and decided to copy it." Then I laughed. Realizing it wasn't for a thesis or anything made me laugh a little more.

Surprised somebody has actually done this though. I wonder if Kevin Smith will take the credit for the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 am 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

tl;dr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:01 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Fallout wrote:
tl;dr

summary: chick saw mallrats, did the sex study from it, showed to friends, leaked online

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:58 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I don't even understand why this is news.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:50 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Because the media is trying to distract us from all the horrible shit going on in the world? And what better way to distract us than with a girl doing something that's against social norms? :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:41 am 

Nameless88 wrote:
Because the media is trying to distract us from all the horrible shit going on in the world? And what better way to distract us than with tits :coookieesssss:

Fixified

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Because the media is trying to distract us from all the horrible shit going on in the world? And what better way to distract us than with a girl doing something that's against social norms? :coookieesssss:

against social norms? you're kidding right? if anything her behavior is indicative to the norm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:31 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

S1eepy wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

against social norms? you're kidding right? if anything her behavior is indicative to the norm.

Well, that's what the media is trying to say it's about. A woman talking openly about her sex life? Oh, how droll! :wotwot:

I honestly think the real story here is some one thought they'd write a 40 page paper as a joke. Shit's ridiculous.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:00 am 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

derp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 pm 
Bucket Of Flud

As someone who spends a lot of time in Durham, I have to say Duke is the most overrated education in the country.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Yeah, but at least the girls there are easy? :coookieesssss: wakka wakka!

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So anyone near Duke or with Duke contacts, could we find the guy, in the 42 page report, who was the absolute worst at sex and get his take? Because that guy has to feel like shit. Especially if he was like one of the last few to tap it. Nasty and like shit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:28 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

As a feminist all I have to say is that... Jezebel fucking sucks. They cover mundane shit and are contrary to almost all feminist beliefs.

Fuck Jezebel.

Now relating to the actual subject... IF some one has the ability to do a 42 page paper on their sex life, whatever. Maybe it was for fun. Perhaps they like doing this kinda thing. I just take issue with telling some one to do "real" work. Real is arbitrary.

Also, fuck the master key analogy. <_<; Heres my deal with sex and sexuality: If you're single, go fuck who you want when you want. Just so long as its consensual and all parties know what this is going to lead (or not lead) to. In a relationship? Want to have sex with some one else? Discuss it with one's partner. See what can happen. If nothing can, thats just apart of the relationship. Either way, just don't go behind their back.

People need to talk about sex more and it needs to stop being this weird ass taboo that started from our puritanical roots. Adhering to these old ass social norms is doing nothing but making us pretentious prudes.