neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

I'm sorry, I can't hear you. You have Zeitgeist on too loud in the background.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:38 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheBatman wrote:
I'm sorry, I can't hear you. You have Zeitgeist on too loud in the background.

says the most predictable member.

this doesn't have shit to do with any supposed agenda other than poll manipulation to assure obama as the democratic candidate.
its very cut and dry.
if everyone gobbles this shit up as hastily as you, well, no wonder they treat the public like a bunch of sheep.
too dense to analyze anything for themselves; too afraid to analyze anything other than pop culture.
hell, probably not imaginative enough to anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:42 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

jesus who cares? the fuckers dead.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:53 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Double post but fuck it.

Honestly, right now I think there's bigger concerns than whether or not this happened long ago, and was withheld until an opportune moment. We just killed (or announced the death of, whatever...) Osama Bin Laden. If you don't think there'll be any attempts, or at the very least threats of retribution you've got your head up your ass. People all over the country are celebrating as if this means the war is over, when in reality the troops over there are probably in more danger than they have been in the past couple years. Regardless of Obama getting another term or not, we are still very much at war, and we just pissed off a shitload of people that want us dead.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:44 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Double post but fuck it.

Honestly, right now I think there's bigger concerns than whether or not this happened long ago, and was withheld until an opportune moment. We just killed (or announced the death of, whatever...) Osama Bin Laden. If you don't think there'll be any attempts, or at the very least threats of retribution you've got your head up your ass. People all over the country are celebrating as if this means the war is over, when in reality the troops over there are probably in more danger than they have been in the past couple years. Regardless of Obama getting another term or not, we are still very much at war, and we just pissed off a shitload of people that want us dead.

:*:
an individual analysis. very good.
you're the only other person so far to try and bring any kind of discussion to this thread, and you raise one fuck of a valid point.
i think the nature of the retaliation efforts (if, by chance, there are any) will prove quite insightful. because, honestly, i don't know what the fuck happened with the whole iraq mess. nobody does. we're all only told a bunch of shit; all of us pick what seems most plausible to believe and do just that.

i offer up alternative view points because it irritates me when nobody is even willing to question something for themselves. that spells a very poor hope for the future of our nation. it is also likely the reason we have such a fucked political infrastructure. its convenient to take things for granted; to not have to build the picture of the world you are looking at for yourself. its a daunting task which often leaves a number of scars. much like finding out why you don't touch hot things as a kid.

i often assume the role of a conspiracy nut (even though i do not follow any) because i know full well how to manipulate people. i can look at a situation and see any number of ways to play it to different effects. i also know that historically people with power can and will go to great lengths to maintain it. the past is riddled with such cases. i don't pretend to have any idea what they might be up to (or even assume the goals to be nefarious), but i know damn well when i'm not getting a legit story. truth be told if they (govt) were just to come out and say what they really wanted, but incidentally had to do a bunch of really shitty things in order to make it work; i'd be totally cool with it. though i suspect that i reside in the minority on this one.

in fact, the reason for religious fanatics, and al qaeda by association; is that these people are not willing to question things for themselves. they take what they've been told is true for granted. either way, regardless of who did what, this is something that has needlessly cost our species countless lives.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:31 am 
KSK Mastermind

the way i see it, we are damned if we do, damned if we dont. Osama Alive would probably attempt something against us. Now that he's dead, someone else will prolly try something, but probably less organized and silly.

I understand there are wacky agendas and stupid reason things dont get done right away, but regardless this was something that needed to be done, and we finally did it. Whether it was to bolster polls or not, its still good.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
Osama Alive would probably attempt something against us. Now that he's dead, someone else will prolly try something, but probably less organized and silly.

He had 10 years to do something else. Either there was A LOT of planning going on, or he wasn't going to do any more. I'm hoping it's that second one. Because if an attack of some sort has already been mostly laid out, it won't be hard for others to carry it out. If he just died in hiding without any intent to attack the US in the future, that greatly cuts down on the severity of any retaliation. Unless of course the lack of organization causes retaliation to be widespread and chaotic... It's good Osama is dead and all, but if anything, it just made the future even more uncertain.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:54 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

Guys, be nice to each other. Seriously.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:00 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Fallout wrote:

He's right. Fighting amongst ourselves means the terrorists win.

...Oh, wait, Bin Laden's dead. :coookieesssss: Ooooh! Scoreboard, Al Queda! Scoreboard!!

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:03 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
Fallout wrote:

He's right. Fighting amongst ourselves means the terrorists win.

...Oh, wait, Bin Laden's dead. :coookieesssss: Ooooh! Scoreboard, Al Queda! Scoreboard!!

win

Conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories and will never go away. I don't give a fuck anymore. Does the government lie? Of fucking course they do! Do I care? Not at all. You may believe that he's been dead a while and they saved this for when the polls dropped, but I prefer to believe that they choose the timing to overshadow the royal wedding and show them that as soon as something important actually happens, no one will care about the pointless existence of the royal arse. :coookieesssss:

This is a party thread, and that's what I'm here to do.

Edit : Damn it all to wherever Bin Laden's burning... I couldn't find any videos on youtube with cocaine, beer, cheetos AND hookers. Ne1 know a good URL for that?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:41 am 
Resident Poet Laureate

People still want to destroy America.

America still wants to eat trash and worship celebrities.

Everybody wins.

@Sleepy: Wasn't trying to be a dick, you were just acting like a caricature. It's not that I don't understand your point of view, I share your suspicion of the government. Always have. Any organized power, really. But in this particular instance, there's no actual indication of this being a political maneuver. Convenient, yes. Suspicious, potentially. But suspicion for suspicion's sake isn't useful, and rationalizing from it is the sort of logic that formed the Birthers. And If the whole thing was a ploy, it didn't seem to work very well. Maybe that's because where I'm from everything is gray and ambivalent, and I haven't really been keeping up on the national reaction so my view may be narrow, but I would bet that with their PR resources they would have made a lot more out of this. I suppose we can rationalize it in any direction with the limited information we have, but neither argument would be valid.

Did anyone else feel absolutely nothing about this? And what's the general public opinion on it, as I said all I've seen is "meh". I think we're fortunate that we didn't have to go through the clusterfuck that would be his trial.

I think I've spent too many thoughts on this subject already, actually.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:26 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive ... hZGVucy1kZ

yup. here it goes.

this is from 2003

what wiki has to say about her:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto
she's legit through and through. too bad she was assassinated.
http://rt.com/usa/news/cia-linked-to-be ... ssination/
:coookieesssss:

still feel like trusting our media?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:32 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

S1eepy wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/new-polls-show-obama-approval-up-following-bin-laden-death;_ylt=AstuoWaBfNDSsResAYJeEoWyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTN0dTA0amxoBGFzc2V0A3libG9nX2V4Y2x1c2l2ZS8yMDExMDUwMy9mYmktb24td2FyLWZvb3RpbmctYWZ0ZXItb3NhbWEtYmluLWxhZGVucy1kZ

yup. here it goes.

this is from 2003

Wikipedia wrote:
On 27 December 2007, Bhutto was killed while leaving a campaign rally for the PPP at Liaquat National Bagh, where she had given a spirited address to party supporters in the run-up to the January 2008 parliamentary elections. After entering her bulletproof vehicle, Bhutto stood up through its sunroof to wave to the crowds. At this point, a gunman fired shots at her and subsequently explosives were detonated near the vehicle killing approximately 20 people.[88] Bhutto was critically wounded and was rushed to Rawalpindi General Hospital. She was taken into surgery at 17:35 local time, and pronounced dead at 18:16.

Quote:
On 27 December 2007, Bhutto was killed while leaving a campaign rally for the PPP at Liaquat National Bagh, where she had given a spirited address to party supporters in the run-up to the January 2008 parliamentary elections. After entering her bulletproof vehicle, Bhutto stood up through its sunroof to wave to the crowds.

Quote:
After entering her bulletproof vehicle, Bhutto stood up through its sunroof to wave to the crowds.

Quote:
bulletproof vehicle...stood up through its sunroof.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

did you even watch the video in that last link?

of course she was shot at when exposed. thats how you kill some one.
get your dick-buttery out of the serious forum.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:04 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

My point was more of a "why have a bulletproof vehicle if you're just going to stand out the sunroof?" perhaps :facepalm: would have been a more appropriate smiley.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
My point was more of a "why have a bulletproof vehicle if you're just going to stand out the sunroof?" perhaps :facepalm: would have been a more appropriate smiley.

yeah, probably. but thats how everybody who gets assassinated gets assassinated. by carelessly exposing themselves at the wrong time.

Last edited by S1eepy on Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:18 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

S1eepy wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/new-polls-show-obama-approval-up-following-bin-laden-death;_ylt=AstuoWaBfNDSsResAYJeEoWyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTN0dTA0amxoBGFzc2V0A3libG9nX2V4Y2x1c2l2ZS8yMDExMDUwMy9mYmktb24td2FyLWZvb3RpbmctYWZ0ZXItb3NhbWEtYmluLWxhZGVucy1kZ

yup. here it goes.

this is from 2003

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

my favorite part of this thread is when s1eepy said dick-buttery. because my initial reaction was "what the hell is dickbutter"

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm 

illblamesum1else wrote:
my favorite part of this thread is when s1eepy said dick-buttery. because my initial reaction was "what the hell is dickbutter"

That's the only thing he's said that's been even slightly amusing or interesting. :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:31 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

S1eepy wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

yeah, probably. but thats how everybody who gets assassinated gets assassinated. by carelessly exposing themselves at the wrong time.

I wouldn't say careless, at least not all the time. Kennedy was just in a parade. Who knew there'd be a sniper (or multiple snipers lol) or Lincoln... Who'd expect somebody would just shoot you out of nowhere? Sometimes it is careless. I would say if you're pretty much anywhere in the Middle East and you get assassinated, odds are you exposed yourself at a wrong place wrong time type things. Other times it's sheer awful luck.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:38 pm 

illblamesum1else wrote:
I wouldn't say careless, at least not all the time. Kennedy was just in a parade. Who knew there'd be a sniper (or multiple snipers lol) or Lincoln... Who'd expect somebody would just shoot you out of nowhere? Sometimes it is careless. I would say if you're pretty much anywhere in the Middle East and you get assassinated, odds are you exposed yourself at a wrong place wrong time type things. Other times it's sheer awful luck.

Yeah, whoda thought there'd be right wing gun nuts in Texas? 1960's Texas, no less? :coookieesssss:

But yeah, Lincoln was fairly unlucky, whoda thought that there might be Southern sympathizers collaborating on an elaborate plot to assassinate him? On his night off at the theater, no less? :cookieshmm:

Seriously though, in the Middle East, you should not stick your head out of an armored vehicle. That really is just asking for trouble, especially if you're anyone important. :cookieshuh:
I love cookie monster.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

Yeah, whoda thought there'd be right wing gun nuts in Texas? 1960's Texas, no less? :coookieesssss:

But yeah, Lincoln was fairly unlucky, whoda thought that there might be Southern sympathizers collaborating on an elaborate plot to assassinate him? On his night off at the theater, no less? :cookieshmm:

Seriously though, in the Middle East, you should not stick your head out of an armored vehicle. That really is just asking for trouble, especially if you're anyone important. :cookieshuh:
I love cookie monster.

well actually....

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:13 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate

In my comics class the other day we took a look at political cartoons revolving around bin Laden's death, and then compared them with cartoons made in response to 9/11.

I concluded that political cartoons suck, and confirmed yet again that we're a nation of toddlers. I suppose neither of these qualify as new information.

But I saw today this one local newspaper's headline was "Remember that time President Obama shot Osama Bin Laden in the face?" and that made me laugh. I am reminded of The Comedian; I forgot how much I like his outlook.

I wonder how long it will take for everyone to forget about this and go back to bitching about how the Obama didn't turn the world into Candyland like he promised.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:41 am 
The so-called robot with admin powers

Crashman wrote:
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

I love cookie monster.

well actually....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

the hammer caught me off guard. I loled.