neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:21 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

And even longer than that since I posted. The past year and a half of my life has changed me greatly, for better or worse I'm not sure, but it's definitely done some damage. I'm currently at work and I might be able to share some cliff notes before I wall of text everyone. But I just wanted to make this topic because I'm listening to NESkimos and I realized that there had been so many times when I wanted to make a topic and just didn't. So, now, I'm doing it. How are all of you guys?

Unserious, mother fuck I love these smilies.

:coookieesssss: :cookieshmm: :cookieshuh: :awesome: :911:: :fuckingsun: :*: :\m/:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:20 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Welcome back, man.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Had my ups and downs, but good mostly. Glad to see you again, it's always nice to have one of our regulars return. Especially cool since you're doing so around the 10th anniversary of the forums.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 pm 
KSK Mastermind

I made a silly human girl.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:43 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

we're going to take over the world.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Thanks for the welcoming back and I'm glad you guys have been doing well for the most part it seems. I'm actually just going to give you the cliff notes and anything anyone wants expounded upon can get expounded upon. I can't remember when I was really active here last, I feel like it was the beginning of 2012, but I'll just start really when everything started changing and that was Aug 13th 2011.

08/13/11 - Girl that I was madly taken with in high school texts me out of the blue. We haven't spoken in over a year because her boyfriend didn't like us talking. She said she was very very drunk and needed me to come pick her up at a house. I do so. She is pantsless. I drive her back to her house and we talk for a while. Turns out her parent's divorce was finalized. She had caught her dad cheating on her mom (with a dude) two Christmas's ago. It was heavy shit. She said she'd come see me and my friend at work (we both worked at GameStop) the next day.

10/??/11 - Two months later she actually makes it into GameStop. She asks for an application and I smugly give her one assuming she won't get hired. My friend, whom is the Assistant Manager (I'm the Third Key), hires her to troll me.

10/??/11 thru 03/??/12 - Nothing really of note happens during this period of time. Work is pretty good. Friends are great. I'm enjoying life. I've also started to fall hard for this girl again. It started slowly, but then it just crept up on me and hit me like a brick. I actually take back what I said, lots of shit happened, just none of it really of much import compared to the rest of this.

03/19/12 - Said girl expresses that she feels strongly for me, but just wants to keep the door open and not pursue anything at the moment. Spoilers:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
I've seen her every day since this day.

04/01/12 - My best friend (the guy from GameStop) starts working at the Microsoft Store. He also gets dumped by his girlfriend of 5 years. I also move into the basement of the Manager of GameStop. Said manager is also dating the girl I've been talking about's best friend.

04/03/12 - This is the first time that anyone hears from my friend, fuck it I'm using names now. Best Friend = Andrew. Girl = Emily. Manager = Dan. Other Girl = Nikki. Andrew is extremely depressed. Long story short, Nikki opened her fat fucking mouth and accidentally told, and I shit you not, the step-sister of Andrew's girlfriend's best friend, that Andrew had cheated on his girlfriend. Now, this was actually news to me at the time and I was extremely upset with Andrew because a) He hadn't confided that in me and we were supposed to be best friends. b) He was my hero/mentor/whathaveyou and to see him fall from grace like that sucked.

04/25/12 - After a lot of bullshit with his girlfriend and just general depression I get a call from Meliah (his ex-gf) saying that she needed me to go see Andrew because she was worried he was going to kill himself. I get there and chill with him for a few hours before convincing him that he should come back and stay at Dan's house for the weekend. It was at this moment that the single scariest thing in my life happened. We both noticed someone outside the door and the next couple minutes are still kinda hazy. A whole fucking SWAT team rushed in. Assault rifles, riot shields, full body armor, you name it. They pinned Andrew to the couch and told me to get on the ground. I was paralyzed with fear and because I didn't respond fast enough they punched me in the face and threw me on the ground. Meliah had charged him with rape and they had a no-knock warrant because she told them he was suicidal and had a gun. I was charged with obstruction of justice and taken to jail. I stayed the night a few hours he stayed for two weeks. Here's my mugshot: http://georgia.arrests.org/Arrests/Ian_ ... e_7831094/

04/26/12 thru 07/18/12 - These three months would vastly change my entire outlook on life and honestly I could spend years talking about them (and actually have a plan to do just that). Andrew ended up coming to live at Dan's but he was a changed man. I told Emily the second I got out of jail that Andrew had just died. I saw it in his eyes. He was gone. But he spent these three months trying to destroy himself in the eyes of those that loved him. He did terrible things that he never would've done otherwise. Invaded me and Emily's privacy (who at this point were talking more heavily) to a gross extent and really just fucked up. At one point I even called his mother and said, "Look your son is absolutely out of fucking control. You need to send him to a psychiatric care facility because none of us can help him." But the final straw came on the 18th of July. I had recently quit GameStop in order to avoid being fired because Dan had begun to resent me and hate me because Nikki is a dumb cunt and since Emily was spending all her time with me, hated me. Andrew had moved his cats in with us, but Dan's daughter was allergic to cats and was coming home from spending the summer with her mom. They wanted me to swap rooms with Andrew which was basically move out of the entire basement floor I had to myself and into a tiny room. I was going to do it, but one night while I was at Emily's house Andrew halfway did it for me. Which honestly, when I phrase it like that, doesn't sound like a tipping point, but there's a lot of build-up here I'm glossing over. Regardless, I packed up all my shit that day and moved back into my parents house.

07/19/12-07/20/12 - The worst night of my entire existence. I went to see all three Batman movies with Emily and to this day I still never turn my phone on silent, nor can I watch the last Batman movie. Tonight was the night that my best friend killed himself. He told everyone that he was with me and Emily. I missed 8 or 9 phone calls from his family that if I had answered I would've been able to make it to where he was and save him. I still haven't forgiven myself for that. And I know that everyone and their mother will say it's not my fault and he would've done it anyway. But I still replay that night over in my head sometimes and just think about what if I had answered that first phone call. Regardless, by the time anyone had gotten in contact with me he was already dead, but no one knew where he was. I knew exactly where he was, but just kind of subconsciously blocked it out of my mind because I didn't want to find my best friend's body. Dan eventually found him.

07/25/12 - His funeral. Exactly 3 months after we got arrested. Which is important because he always used to tell me, "Ian, quit planning out this future for yourself years in advance. 3 months. That's the furthest you should ever plan out because that's the max amount of time you can possibly predict what can happen. Always have a 3 month plan." I've since adapted this to my "rules" of life, which I'll actually detail at the bottom of this, and this line still stays with me. Also, his last words to me were, "I'm not doing this out of vengeance or spite." at the time I assumed him moving all my shit, but I learned what he really meant. I still wish I could say goodbye to him properly and tell him that I loved him. I can't believe the last thing we did was fight. He was like a brother to me.

08/13/12 - So in an effort to not start crying while typing this, I'll skip ahead to this date. This was exactly a year from when I picked up a drunken sad Emily. The 12th was actually Andrew's birthday and part of the reason I was even awake to pick her up. We decided that this was the day that we should start dating (albeit after Andrew died she freaked out and we almost broke things off before they ever began) and so we did and have been dating ever since.

This is now where dates become unimportant. But just a few life things that have happened to me that aren't all doom and gloom. I worked with my dad for about 9 months doing Testing and Balancing work until I got let go one day very abruptly. I actually had gotten my wisdom teeth taken out that day and ended up being laid up for a week. Me and a buddy I've known for a very long time opened up a game studio (Psycho Vision Gaming) here in Atlanta. We're currently working on an iOS game to be released hopefully by the end of the year/beginning of next year and we have several more titles planned after that brings in a little bit of cash. We actually went to PAX East where we met our artist we lives in Seattle, which is actually where Jimmy (the buddy) now lives as well because he got hired right out of college to work at Microsoft. So me and Emily might be moving out there soon. I currently work at a web design company as a Project Manager, which sounds really cool, but fucking blows and I hate it there because my boss, the CEO, is a complete cock sucker. I want to leave as soon as something better comes along. I'm trying to think of anything else really important that happened but my mind is kind of stuck on that summer. If I think of anything else I'll post it. Hmm... this seems longer than cliff notes. >_>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

^Bro, that sucks. Having a friend die, especially to suicide, is a fucking horrible feeling. I lost someone close to me in a similar way recently, and it's taken a long time to stop blaming myself (I still haven't entirely). So like, I guess know that you're not alone in that experience? We're around if you want to talk about it or whatever.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

damn, yo

uh

welcome back

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:32 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

welcome back, dude! sorry all that shit happened to you... It sucks to lose a friend. I can't speak from experience on the suicide thing, but I had a friend who drank too much and choked on his own vomit. I can at least relate to the whole wishing you could have been there to help thing. It's rough.

Glad to see you back around these parts though!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:07 pm 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

I'm tremendously sorry for your loss Morte and Blame. This experience has completely changed my outlook on life and just friends in general and I can empathize. Thanks for the welcoming back though everyone. Bats in particular I was waiting for. I was even going to do a inb4batsmakesakliqgotarrestedforhackingjoke. :cookieshmm:

Glad to see that everyone seems to be well though. I've noticed everyone I remember still posts and that's awesome. Another forum I frequent also has a 10+ year group of people that still visit. I've actually started pairing up people from here and people from there and it's almost crazy how well people match up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Double post for hilarity. Boss just called me, said he was trying someone out at my position on Monday that also knows how to program. Aka: I'm getting fired. Fuck that dude is a tool. But now I have no money right when I like really needed a shit ton of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:39 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

you should go and fuck something up in the back-end, and try to make it so only you can fix it.

he wants to replace you? make it so he can't afford to.

or, just crash his shit. fuck-asses don't deserve to be rich. so make him poor instead.

i'm serious about that. the only thing worse than an idiot is an idiot with enough money to fuck up other people's shit. relieve him of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:52 pm 
In-House Sax Machine

S1eepy wrote:
you should go and fuck something up in the back-end, and try to make it so only you can fix it.

or, just crash his shit. fuck-asses don't deserve to be rich. so make him poor instead.

i'm serious about that. the only thing worse than an idiot is an idiot with enough money to fuck up other people's shit. relieve him of it.

I'd be really careful about that. Intentionally depriving somebody of business via sabotage can get you into a decent amount of legal hot water, making it expensive for parties.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Napalm Man wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

I'd be really careful about that. Intentionally depriving somebody of business via sabotage can get you into a decent amount of legal hot water, making it expensive for parties.

Also it would be an incredibly immature and vindictive thing to do.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Napalm Man wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

yes it can, but fortunately ineptitude and incompetence do this so regularly that there's plenty of easy scapegoats. just have to be careful to not look deliberate, and not tell ANYBODY, especially not us; on the internet, for a year minimum. where most people get caught is that they can't keep shit like that to themselves.

just be like: oops; i was stressed and having lady problems and can't figure out how to undo this knot i tied in your ports.

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Also it would be an incredibly immature and vindictive thing to do.

only if the gripes in question are the individual just being a whiny bitch who thinks too much of themselves
and not if the person in question is a true piece of shit.

elevated positions should be occupied by persons worthy of respect and not purely self-interested assholes.
so the mature thing to do would be to just tolerate it and let them continue to accumulate resources at the expense of others?
that's crap talk. people need to grow a pair and stand up for themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:11 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

I've been want of Sleepy's words of wisdom for far too long. He actually ended up hating that chick he hired, so I'm currently doing part time work from my house. Which is good for me because a) Fuck being around that guy b) I now have a potential interview at Microsoft and there's a job fair for GameStop happening tomorrow morning that although I'm loathe to go back there, it's an easy job. c) I can just ride this for a while and then be like, fuck this I quit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

So I sent in my time today for 12 hours worth of work. He replied to my email with a detailed breakdown of each phone call that I made and his "estimated" time for all of my other activities and said by his calculations I earned $76 (I make $10/hour), but he would be willing to raise it to $80. I told him that he can either give me the $120 and I keep working for him or give me $80 and today will be my last day. Fuck I hate this guy.