neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: y so homo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:14 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Funny how when someone with a similar point of view / connection to the community joins in the conversation, the conversation somehow comes to a screeching halt. I was really hoping for some more back and forth (huh huh) between us concerning this.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to hit up a drag show and throw singles at dudes wearing duct tape again. Oh, btw, for any of you that used to frequent (or still do) the Metro, apparently Sonja is no longer doing the shows there. She's won a few national titles and is on the major pageant circuit path. Also, Rhianna was at Ancient City Con last year. Talked to her for a bit, caught up and what not. She had a booth in the artist alley, she's a pretty good hand at drawing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

LocrianDm wrote:
Funny how when someone with a similar point of view / connection to the community joins in the conversation, the conversation somehow comes to a screeching halt. I was really hoping for some more back and forth (huh huh) between us concerning this.

Irrelevant! I simply moved house twice and have been busy with my children.

To be honest I can't think of much to say. I've met several burlesque performers and I'm aiming to do a bit of drag myself. That's quite different from me wearing subtle make-up and girls clothes in my normal life though! Being burlesque it's not the normal gay-male thing - it's about turning the audience on with things they'd never expect to find sexy. I'm also learning pole and some circus things.

I've been having the hardest time finding high-heels in my size, and everytime I go clothes shopping I'm too self-conscious to take girls clothes into the change room. I've only managed androgyny and not gone femme yet, which makes me feel pretty shitty on the days where I feel feminine. I'm getting there though

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:54 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Don't think I'll ever get full on drag. I'm a big fuzzy guy, so it's a very specific genre of drag I would have to do (the mostly joke kind) and fuck high heels. No way I'd ever do those, even for a costume. I find the whole idea completely unsexy on anyone, regardless of gender.

But that's just me, and I know I'm the minority when it comes to those. That being said, I am planning a costume from the show Archer that would be in drag. Would have to shave literally EVERYWHERE and get someone who could draw on a good fake tattoo across my back. Oh, I'd also need a dolphin puppet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:22 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

LocrianDm wrote:
Would have to shave literally EVERYWHERE

It's called wax man. :coookieesssss:

I actually just do my legs and face. I'm going to get my eyebrows done when I can afford to. I like the rest of my body hair.

So today was a really bad day for me re: gender identity. Because I've been sick and had the kids all week, I hadn't shaved or anything. I was going to go out tonight, and I wanted to feel pretty. I shaved my legs and face and cleaned off my old nail polish. I tried on all of my girls clothing and hated all of it. My nail polish was all gluggy and went on really badly. My eye pencil is too hard and my eye liner ended up uneven and shitty. So I thought fuck it, I'll do my lipstick, put on sunglasses, go to the ATM, then clean this shit off and go out as a man (something which is extremely uncomfortable for me atm). Somehow I have no money. For the next week. So I came home, cleaned off my lipstick, and spent the last few hours crying. :(

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:24 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Well that sucks.

That's the main difference here. I don't go out as female, and probably won't ever. I like being the big furry guy decked out in my metal concert shirts and everything. Only time I'd ever do the opposite is if I did do full on drag, but would probably only be for costuming.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:51 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

drag is very different to what I (or trans woman/men) do in public. drag is performance. by the same token what I am doing, or trying to do, isn't cross dressing either - dressing femininely matches my gender identity. that said the way that you present yourself has nothing to do with your gender identity either - I routinely go out dressed like a man and feeling like a woman. Until I deck out my warddrobe that will continue to be the case. It makes me feel really bad but I have understanding friends and that helps a lot. That said I doubt many, if any, understand that acting masculine is an affectation for me and doesn't feel natural at all, regardless of how it may seem. It's a tough habit to break. When I am alone my body language is definitely far more weighted towards feminine and always has been.

incidently having seen a lot of genderqueer people describe themselves as agender I've realised that I'm bigender. Dressing androgynously feels very right - I just want to tip the scales a bit further towards dresses and heels and things since i am a hairy giant and not quite getting there in jeans etc.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:09 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Yeah, that actually all makes sense to me.

Oh, also... Something interesting... I was picked up on someone's gay-dar for the first time ever in public a few weeks ago, at the flea market, no less.

I mean, she didn't come right out and say, "Oh, I think I know something about you" but was a really shy person that for some reason started talking about very personal things with me out of no where. Mainly about how her step-father died in early 00's from HIV and talked about the changes in the gay community that were caused by AIDS adding stuff like "you know how careful you have to be" talking directly towards me. It was interesting, as I've never had that happen in public before. I mean, yeah, I've been hit on at the Metro a few times, but no one ever picked me up on the gay-dar until now with the exception of a former roommate who was also bi (at the time at least).

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

since i have the kids most people assume i'm straight. i used to get hit on by guys pretty regularly back in the day i figure i'm just having bad luck in that department. hanging out with femme lesbians probably doesn't help (everyone thinks they're straight too).

BIG NEWS! I'm booked to do a genderfucking burlesque performance at a queer party on the 28th of June. I have to make up a routine and I've barely seen anything like that :S Should be good. I'll post the promo photos once we've taken them.

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

bought a bunch of clothes and shoes. so excited! dancing everywhere. the only problem is i keep forgetting i have to practice dancing like a man!

Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Yeah, kids too, so like everyone assumes, and for the most part they're right. 10% isn't exactly 50/50.

Also, did a test run on some wax strips for when I do my costume. FUCK WAX. That being said, 5 minutes later I was glad I did it, but after the first few strips it became really hard to actually pull the trigger on them. I mean, FUCK. Doesn't hurt when you pull but that next 10 seconds is hell.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:14 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

yeah i am not looking forward to waxing my bum

Nameless88 wrote: