neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Tour Thread!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Oooh, sweet! I'd love to see Primus live.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:15 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

The thing that really pissed me off was Bullet for my Valentine played over their time which meant Primus had to finish early :( I hope that shitty band die in a most excruciating way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:24 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Saw the Protomen again last night. they are awesome as usual. Of course i did have a terrible sprained ankle which made the entire show feel like i had twenty seven nails stabbing into me, but hey, its the Protomen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:26 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Neon Jackal wrote:
The thing that really pissed me off was Bullet for my Valentine played over their time which meant Primus had to finish early :( I hope that shitty band die in a most excruciating way.

Iron Maiden got stuck in traffic the first time I saw them, so Bullet for my Valentine had to play another 2 or 3 songs. They were already being consistently booed. I was waiting for someone to start throwing shit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:30 pm 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

illblamesum1else wrote:
Neon Jackal wrote:

Iron Maiden got stuck in traffic the first time I saw them, so Bullet for my Valentine had to play another 2 or 3 songs. They were already being consistently booed. I was waiting for someone to start throwing shit.

Cock for my Homotime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:21 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

BTBAM is playing a mere 10 minutes from my house in April.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Fallout wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Neon Jackal wrote:

Cock for my Homotime

I don't know why no one has given them what they want... I mean obviously someone should just shoot the bastards.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bubble Man wrote:
BTBAM is playing a mere 10 minutes from my house in April.

By "April," I meant today. The Ocean and Job For A Cowboy are opening. See you guys later.

[EDIT] - This.

BTBAM played a great set:

Specular Reflection
Augment of Rebirth
Lunar Wilderness
Sun of Nothing
Ants of the Sky
Fossil Genera
Selkies: The Endless Obsession

The Ocean was good, Job For A Cowboy is kinda meh. They're heavy as fuck but their songs lack substance.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:33 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Coheed was pretty awesome. They did their acoustic set first. There was a song or two I didn't recognize, and a few I did. I'm horrible with song titles and its fucking 5:20 AM and I have yet to sleep, so I'll get back to that later. I know they started with Always and Never, and Wake Up was in there somewhere too. AND HERE WE ARE JUGGERNAUT. ACOUSTIC. I was not expecting that to be part of the acoustic set and it was pretty awesome. After that, they played Second Stage Turbine Blade straight through. Then before the encore electric set, Claudio said he wanted to throw his wife in the spotlight. He said today was her birthday, so he had the entire place stop and sing happy birthday to her. "I know some of you already know her name, if you're fucking creepy... But lets sing happy birthday to Chondra!" Then they went into the electric set, which I'm drawing a blank on the first song, but then No World For Tomorrow, Ten Speed, Welcome Home, and I think I'm missing something else in here too.... again, 5:30 and still awake...

They left the stage after that, and the crowd called for one more song. Claudio came back out with Travis, and Claudio said something like "well, you guys have been a great crowd, so this one is for you..." They played guitar for a couple seconds and I don't think anyone quite got what it was, then the vocals started... "Elf Tower, New Mexico..." Place went nuts. Then they left the stage and everyone went home.

We were kind of surprised that they didn't play a single song off In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth.... But aside from that, pretty damn good show.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:41 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I envy you

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:13 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I went to Blip Fest in NYC Friday night. It was pretty dope. I didn't get to see Annamanaguchi (they played the night before) but I saw 4mat and Bit Shifter who were awesome.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:28 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Animals as Leaders July 19th

This show was great btw. Got an small print autographed by the band. Now I gotta get it framed.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 am 
Bucket Of Flud

Is thinking about dropping 80 bucks to see Maximum the Hormone live tommorow. But they are opening for Korn.

http://www.pentaportrock.com/eng3.html

I need to make up my mind fast. Since I work Saturdays I'd have to get someone to cover my classes. Negatives - Im seeing it in Korea, so the PIT will suck and no one would go with with me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:23 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

go and bone the drummer; also when korn plays demand nothing but covers at the top of your lungs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:05 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

S1eepy wrote:
go and bone the drummer; also when korn plays demand nothing but covers at the top of your lungs.

Maybe it was largely nostalgia from when I was like 12, but I saw Korn in 2006 and they are actually a pretty fun band to watch. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed their set. With that said, the highlight of their set WAS "Another Brick In The Wall." So... Umm... Yeah, take that as you may.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:21 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

Maybe it was largely nostalgia from when I was like 12, but I saw Korn in 2006 and they are actually a pretty fun band to watch. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed their set. With that said, the highlight of their set WAS "Another Brick In The Wall." So... Umm... Yeah, take that as you may.

their lyrics have matured a lot, but their trademark sound still sounds like butthole to me. their covers, on the other hand, have always sounded fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

S1eepy wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

their lyrics have matured a lot, but their trademark sound still sounds like butthole to me. their covers, on the other hand, have always sounded fantastic.

I was a big Korn fan for a while, up until Untouchables at least, that was the last album of theirs I liked.
I saw them in concert around 2006/2007 and was mostly enjoyable to watch, but they played no covers. Also the supporting bands(Only remember Biohazard and Chimaera) were horrible :(
I think the highlight when I saw them was when Jon asked the crowd if they wanted to hear Freak on a Leash, at least half the crowd went nuts to which he repiled "Too fucking bad, we're not playing that song." :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Neon Jackal wrote:
I think the highlight when I saw them was when Jon asked the crowd if they wanted to hear Freak on a Leash, at least half the crowd went nuts to which he repiled "Too fucking bad, we're not playing that song." :D

It's reasons like this that we need a trollface smiley.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:00 pm 
Bucket Of Flud

Got the weekend off seing MTH for sure :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:32 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Saw Christie Front Drive last night in Brooklyn.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Went with my brother to see Avenge Sevenfold tonight. Fuck, they were amazing. :\m/:

[Reveal] Spoiler: kinda cool to just see this, as opposed to knowing about it first
Their Skull with batwings logo, hung from the rafters, probably a 30 foot wingspan, and it shot fucking fire out of multiple parts. Holy shit. I was close enough to feel the heat from it.

Also, the opening bands, they had the bass turned up really high, and I could feel my hair move from the speakers blaring at me. Fucking nice. I forgot how much I love concerts, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:26 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Went with my brother to see Avenge Sevenfold tonight. Fuck, they were amazing. :\m/:

[Reveal] Spoiler: kinda cool to just see this, as opposed to knowing about it first
Their Skull with batwings logo, hung from the rafters, probably a 30 foot wingspan, and it shot fucking fire out of multiple parts. Holy shit. I was close enough to feel the heat from it.

Also, the opening bands, they had the bass turned up really high, and I could feel my hair move from the speakers blaring at me. Fucking nice. I forgot how much I love concerts, haha.

the only thing i don't like about concerts is all the other people.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:48 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

S1eepy wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

We had some drunk knob come pushing up through the crowd and he got all butthurt because the guys who were standing in front of us with their girlfriends didn't want to move. Like, he would scream the lyrics of songs at this guy, he eventually took off his shirt for whatever reason...Just...asking for an elbow in the face, really.

My brother played a damn good mediator, though, and he tapped the dude on the shoulder in front of us, and was like "Hey, this dumbass is drunk as fuck, just turn around at some point and go :\m/: and he'll shut the hell up."

So, the guy did, and everyone was hunky dory.

Some people, man. :psyduck:

Oh, also, a bunch of people were smoking pot in the crowd...and we were indoors. Lol.

Oh, and I *think*...I thiiinnkkk....someone shit on the floor. I smelled some rank shit earlier, and it was definitely not bad weed, because that smells more skunky than shitty. After the crowd cleared at the end of the show, there was a guy in a wheelchair up near the front, so he might've shit or something and his poop bag or whatever wasn't sealed properly. I have no idea. Smelled fucking disgusting for awhile, though.

Besides that stupid shit? Fucking amazing concert. Hollywood Undead was one of the opening bands, and they are not half bad. Like...Linkin Park minus the emo and adding in a bit more metal.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

We had some drunk knob come pushing up through the crowd and he got all butthurt because the guys who were standing in front of us with their girlfriends didn't want to move. Like, he would scream the lyrics of songs at this guy, he eventually took off his shirt for whatever reason...Just...asking for an elbow in the face, really.

My brother played a damn good mediator, though, and he tapped the dude on the shoulder in front of us, and was like "Hey, this dumbass is drunk as fuck, just turn around at some point and go :\m/: and he'll shut the hell up."

So, the guy did, and everyone was hunky dory.

Some people, man. :psyduck:

Oh, also, a bunch of people were smoking pot in the crowd...and we were indoors. Lol.

Oh, and I *think*...I thiiinnkkk....someone shit on the floor. I smelled some rank shit earlier, and it was definitely not bad weed, because that smells more skunky than shitty. After the crowd cleared at the end of the show, there was a guy in a wheelchair up near the front, so he might've shit or something and his poop bag or whatever wasn't sealed properly. I have no idea. Smelled fucking disgusting for awhile, though.

Besides that stupid shit? Fucking amazing concert. Hollywood Undead was one of the opening bands, and they are not half bad. Like...Linkin Park minus the emo and adding in a bit more metal.

haha. some old dude pooping his pants makes for a pretty metal concert.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:07 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I really thought someone got up front and was like "I am not fucking moving, I got here first, I don't give a fuck." and just shook the shit out of their pants leg or something.

But, nope, it was a guy in a wheelchair, I'm pretty sure it was him.

Also, the lead singer of the band was like "....What the...DID SOMEONE SHIT ON THE FLOOR?"

Very lulz. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next