neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coheed and Cambria?
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:16 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

They played The Trooper at the show I went to, too. They went straight from In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 to that. Also, 92 cent tickets is fucking awesome :\m/:

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

they cover the trooper alot

and usually its

Everything Evil / The Trooper / Devil in Jersey City melody

which is fucking awesome

they put on a kickass live show and Claudio and Travis just rip the guitar during the final cut live....also Chris Penne on the neverender DVD....kicks the drums ass during his solo.

Coheed live is fucking awesome....can take a non-fan and possibly turn to a fan.

Co&Ca ftw

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:13 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Yeah, I'd only ever really heard their one CD, and I fucking loved the show.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:39 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Just got back from Atlantic City.

Coheed played a great set, but the show was kinda ruined for me; I think (/gasp) I'm getting too old for these kind of shows.

First of all, doors opened at 7:00pm. Me and my girlfriend went down at about 6:45pm and got on line, I wasn't too concerned with getting right up front and center, but I did want to be relatively close. We get inside and the venue was pretty big, I think it holds around 2,500 people - mostly GA standing. We secured a spot pretty close to the stage, but towards stage right. What I thought was two opening bands turning into three opening bands - all of whom were pretty terrible (The Nolan Gate, Kylesa, and Recover). Each played too long, with the first band going on about 7:45pm. Coheed really didn't hit the stage until 9:45pm and by then I was tired and worn out from bad music. Then when Coheed goes on I start having to punch little kids in the face who find it necessary to start pushing people around in an attempt to bring the show to a new level of "enjoyment." First of all, make your shows 18+ or preferable 21+ and I would probably enjoy it a lot more. Second, these little punks should have their faces broken off. I've been to metal shows before with mosh pits and shit, and I've seen Coheed three times before, but never was I more pissed at stupid douchbags completely ruining my concert experience. So after I protect my girlfriend while stomping on 14 year olds, we retreat towards the back to the I-want-to-just-enjoy-the-music-and-not-have-to-deal-with-fucking-assholes section and proceed to have a good time. Coheed actually played a great set, but the acoustics and mixing in the venue were crappy, low end sounds were too loud and my ears were shot - it wound up being too hard to hear a lot of what the band was playing late in the set. Despite the fact that we were now in the back, we still had to deal with drunk stumbling idiots and more stupid kids who decide to start a mosh pit near the bar, with only three people. We wound up leaving towards the end of the show; missing The Final Cut - I've seen it already, it's never any different. We walk out and take a seat outside as we've been on our feet for four hours. I actually saw something somewhat gross, but somewhat funny. Some young kid who got kicked out of the venue, apparently because he was too drunk, started throwing up on himself outside while he was sitting down. In a drunken haze he got up and started running towards the bathroom, throwing up along the way. The funny part was that he ran straight into the women's bathroom and you could hear screams and gasps inside.

The whole experience, although somewhat enjoyable, really left a bad taste in my mouth. For one, I think this was my last show that is not in a seated venue. I just don't want to deal with young kids and assholes who completely ruin my concert experience. I'd like to just sit there and enjoy the music. That's what I'm paying for. And I find that I can't enjoy myself anymore in these types of places.

Second, why do these types of show bring out the worst in people? I'm sure these kids aren't douchbags all day, every day (they actually might be, who knows) but once inside the venue, anything goes. I can't stand dickheads who start pushing people to enjoy the show, and even worse are the dickheads who find it neccessary to yell out "You guys suck!" to the opening bands as they're in between songs. Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the opening bands, but those guys put in the time and did the work to get up on the stage, the least you could do is show some respect. Rude and obnoxious assholes should just be kicked out. And with all the fighting, pushing, and shoving that goes on in there, I almost feel like society is reverting back to more primitive times. Why is it necessary to start fights, push people around, be an asshole, and make the concert experience horrible for other people in order to have a good time? Like I said, I've done my time, and been at my fair share of metal shows, but now I'm getting to the point in life where I'd just rather not go as opposed to dealing with what goes on.

I did have a great time in Atlantic City though, despite losing every time I attempted to gamble. Oh well, I can't win every time. Coheed apparently stayed in the same hotel that we did, sadly I never ran into them though.

I know, tl;dr... but I had to rant.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:45 am 
Resident Poet Laureate

Bubble Man wrote:

Coheed played a great set, but the show was kinda ruined for me; I think (/gasp) I'm getting too old for these kind of shows.

First of all, doors opened at 7:00pm. Me and my girlfriend went down at about 6:45pm and got on line, I wasn't too concerned with getting right up front and center, but I did want to be relatively close. We get inside and the venue was pretty big, I think it holds around 2,500 people - mostly GA standing. We secured a spot pretty close to the stage, but towards stage right. What I thought was two opening bands turning into three opening bands - all of whom were pretty terrible (The Nolan Gate, Kylesa, and Recover). Each played too long, with the first band going on about 7:45pm. Coheed really didn't hit the stage until 9:45pm and by then I was tired and worn out from bad music. Then when Coheed goes on I start having to punch little kids in the face who find it necessary to start pushing people around in an attempt to bring the show to a new level of "enjoyment." First of all, make your shows 18+ or preferable 21+ and I would probably enjoy it a lot more. Second, these little punks should have their faces broken off. I've been to metal shows before with mosh pits and shit, and I've seen Coheed three times before, but never was I more pissed at stupid douchbags completely ruining my concert experience. So after I protect my girlfriend while stomping on 14 year olds, we retreat towards the back to the I-want-to-just-enjoy-the-music-and-not-have-to-deal-with-fucking-assholes section and proceed to have a good time. Coheed actually played a great set, but the acoustics and mixing in the venue were crappy, low end sounds were too loud and my ears were shot - it wound up being too hard to hear a lot of what the band was playing late in the set. Despite the fact that we were now in the back, we still had to deal with drunk stumbling idiots and more stupid kids who decide to start a mosh pit near the bar, with only three people. We wound up leaving towards the end of the show; missing The Final Cut - I've seen it already, it's never any different. We walk out and take a seat outside as we've been on our feet for four hours. I actually saw something somewhat gross, but somewhat funny. Some young kid who got kicked out of the venue, apparently because he was too drunk, started throwing up on himself outside while he was sitting down. In a drunken haze he got up and started running towards the bathroom, throwing up along the way. The funny part was that he ran straight into the women's bathroom and you could hear screams and gasps inside.

The whole experience, although somewhat enjoyable, really left a bad taste in my mouth. For one, I think this was my last show that is not in a seated venue. I just don't want to deal with young kids and assholes who completely ruin my concert experience. I'd like to just sit there and enjoy the music. That's what I'm paying for. And I find that I can't enjoy myself anymore in these types of places.

Second, why do these types of show bring out the worst in people? I'm sure these kids aren't douchbags all day, every day (they actually might be, who knows) but once inside the venue, anything goes. I can't stand dickheads who start pushing people to enjoy the show, and even worse are the dickheads who find it neccessary to yell out "You guys suck!" to the opening bands as they're in between songs. Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the opening bands, but those guys put in the time and did the work to get up on the stage, the least you could do is show some respect. Rude and obnoxious assholes should just be kicked out. And with all the fighting, pushing, and shoving that goes on in there, I almost feel like society is reverting back to more primitive times. Why is it necessary to start fights, push people around, be an asshole, and make the concert experience horrible for other people in order to have a good time? Like I said, I've done my time, and been at my fair share of metal shows, but now I'm getting to the point in life where I'd just rather not go as opposed to dealing with what goes on.

I did have a great time in Atlantic City though, despite losing every time I attempted to gamble. Oh well, I can't win every time. Coheed apparently stayed in the same hotel that we did, sadly I never ran into them though.

I know how you feel, except that in my instance I get it from the 21+ folks. My ex and I almost got into a fight with this other twenty-something couple as a result of direct assholism (fattys trying to squeeze in front while we were pressed against the stage, the Mrs got sick of that shit and threw a few elbows back). They retreated after realizing that they were about 5'4'' and flabby while myself and ExPostFacto (who was also there, as was a tall friend of the ex) are around 6'2'' and project at least a vague semblance of physical fitness. The whole escapade really took me out of the show, I felt like I needed to be on guard for the rest of the night.

So I guess the solution to your problem is to bring a 6'2'' Irishman to your next concert?

But in reality, violence is just a part of the experience. Unfortunately, a lot of dim-witted proto-humans enjoy the loud and abrasive nature of the music, and use the live performance thereof as the vehicle through which they can advertise their emotional deficits. I'd say the best defense is to attend in a group.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

had this conversation with gf after fallout boy show.

we left when they probably had about 15-20 minutes ot go....she heard the main song she wanted....I'd heard the songs I enjoyed from them.

and we were tired of 12-16 y/o boys and girls who nonstop screamed at the top of their lungs...not the words....but "pete you're so hot"...."pete I love you" "I want you pete".

now I know this happens at Coheed shows....normally by like a 20something guy or 2 just before they play light&theglass....which references the starland ballroom DVD/CD

and I get just saying it in general....once.....by like one person...

but every single person doing it.....and then 12-16 y/o mosh pits and crowd surfing is just stupid...and annoying.

even at this point I believe that 21+ concerts are probably the way to go for me and gf...she hits 21 in like a year though.

although few bands I really wanna see in concert....just Coheed anytime they hit town....Atmosphere.....and Weezer possibly. and for coheed i'd go even with a non-21 requirement.

but yeah kids fuck that siht up. my manager and me talk live music all the time...and how we both go just to hear the music and enjoy the show. That sucks the experience was bad on concert end though man....cuz the coheed live are just fantastic normally.

also so far i think their opening bands are always bad....Chiodos was terrible

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:40 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Soruja wrote:
Bubble Man wrote:

I know how you feel, except that in my instance I get it from the 21+ folks. My ex and I almost got into a fight with this other twenty-something couple as a result of direct assholism (fattys trying to squeeze in front while we were pressed against the stage, the Mrs got sick of that shit and threw a few elbows back). They retreated after realizing that they were about 5'4'' and flabby while myself and ExPostFacto (who was also there, as was a tall friend of the ex) are around 6'2'' and project at least a vague semblance of physical fitness. The whole escapade really took me out of the show, I felt like I needed to be on guard for the rest of the night.

So I guess the solution to your problem is to bring a 6'2'' Irishman to your next concert?

But in reality, violence is just a part of the experience. Unfortunately, a lot of dim-witted proto-humans enjoy the loud and abrasive nature of the music, and use the live performance thereof as the vehicle through which they can advertise their emotional deficits. I'd say the best defense is to attend in a group.

I'm a 6'2" Italianman, so I have no problem pushing people out of my way - but it's hard for me to enjoy myself when I constantly have to worry about my girlfriend's safety.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:06 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

:\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/: :\m/:

Quote:
Hey Everybody,

Happy Holidays and all that. We know you have been waiting patiently for Coheed info for 2010, so we hope this fills your hunger for now:

Our new album will be titled, “Year of the Black Rainbow,” and is set for release in April 2010 and will be followed by a headline tour of the US, and then on to Europe and the UK for festivals and such.

As most of you know, the new album will be the “Origin Story” or “The Prequel,” and likely the final story of the ongoing concept story of “The Amory Wars”

With “Year of the Black Rainbow,” we will be releasing a deluxe package that includes a NOVEL OF THE SAME NAME. Not a graphic novel, but a full 300+page prose novel, which will tell the origins of Coheed and Cambria, and much more. There will be no mystery to this story, you will be able to explore it like never before. Presales will start near the end of December, exact date and pricing to be announced soon.

Producing this record is:
Atticus Ross http://www.ninwiki.com/Atticus_Ross
And Joe Baressi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barresi

They have helped us evolve our sound to be more powerful and dynamic than ever and we think it’s definitely our best work to date.
Some song titles are: “Here We are Juggernaut,” “The Broken,” “Pearl of the Stars,” and “Guns of Summer.”

Co-writing the book with Claudio is Peter David http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_David

The album will be released through Columbia Records/Sony in North America. For the rest of the world, Sony has licensed the rights to Roadrunner Records, who we feel will better make our music available in those territories, and opening up the potential for us to come to countries we rarely or never have been to before. We are very excited.

Can’t wait til you can experience it.

Peace,
Co&Ca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Fucking awesome. Any idea when the first single from the new album will be out?

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:33 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I want it.

Also if they perform all five albums in a row (in one night) I'd love it.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:43 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bubble Man wrote:
I want it.

Also if they perform all five albums in a row (in one night) I'd love it.

That would be fucking epic as shit. Gotta have a lot of stamina to pull that off though...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Fucking awesome. Any idea when the first single from the new album will be out?

Feb I'd presume.

and I'd just guess that the first single would be "Guns of Summer" title sounds like a single ya know?

Cant fucking wait...Day 1 i'm preordering ultimate badass comes with a novel edition :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:45 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Pre-Order for YOABR now available:

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/coheed- ... andcambria

Ultimate Edition is $39.99 and comes with the CD, the 352-page Hardcover Novel based on the story, a DVD, and a C&C "Black Card" (entitling you to early ticket sales and merch discounts)

What the gay?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:28 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bubble Man wrote:
Pre-Order for YOABR now available:

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/coheed- ... andcambria

Ultimate Edition is $39.99 and comes with the CD, the 352-page Hardcover Novel based on the story, a DVD, and a C&C "Black Card" (entitling you to early ticket sales and merch discounts)

did on day 1....that was a cheap deluxe edition I figured it'd be 50-60

also the black card gets you into some shows early. IE: awesome spot for show and possibly in for an acoustic performance?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:53 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

the black card

pretty awesome lookings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:58 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

one word: Why?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

S1eepy wrote:

probably corporate bs or some shit.

basically:

Discounts on coheed shit
Get into concerts earlier than every1 else (better seating YAY!)
first dibs on coheed stuff

and some other shit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:43 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

basically:

Discounts on coheed shit

and some other shit

Coheed: Hey, how can we make more money?
Record Compnay: Well you could create a special "card" that fans can buy to let them into concerts early and gives them discounts on merch.
Coheed: Sounds rad, but our merch is overpriced anyway and all our fans will likely buy this, making the early entry to concerts a moot point.
Record Company: DO YOU WANT MORE MONEY OR NOT!!!???

What the gay?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:53 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bubble Man wrote:
Bogey wrote:
S1eepy wrote:

basically:

Discounts on coheed shit

and some other shit

Coheed: Hey, how can we make more money?
Record Compnay: Well you could create a special "card" that fans can buy to let them into concerts early and gives them discounts on merch.
Coheed: Sounds rad, but our merch is overpriced anyway and all our fans will likely buy this, making the early entry to concerts a moot point.
Record Company: DO YOU WANT MORE MONEY OR NOT!!!???

yep.....but it comes free with the deluxe edition. And i got that for the book.

so it all works out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:27 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I didn't say I wasn't getting it, I want that deluxe edition cause I want that book (even though they're releasing it as a stand-alone book later on).

What the gay?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

And even though coheeds comics etc. thusfar have been incomprehensibly poorly written.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:53 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

:coookieesssss: :facepalm:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
And even though coheeds comics etc. thusfar have been incomprehensibly poorly written.

Kill-Audio isnt that bad

and the art style is fucking awesome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

so the album is pretty fucking badass.

top to bottom its pretty sweet and its got a little bit of basically everything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:21 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:
so the album is pretty fucking badass.

top to bottom its pretty sweet and its got a little bit of basically everything.

I listened to it twice yesterday and, to be honest, it didn't really grab me. It's good, it's Coheed, but it's missing something. I'd imagine it just has to grow on me. I think they really hit their stride with Good Apollo I and it's been a little downhill since.

Also, Blame I'm going to the Central Park show in NYC on May 26th with some friends. If you're going I'll meet you there and give you a high five.

What the gay?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next