neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Random Music News Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:06 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Don't know why we never had one of these. Post random news here. Album release dates, lineup changes, whatever.

Started this because I didn't want to start a topic dedicated to just The Offspring's new album coming out in late June, especially since I wasn't too impressed with the single.

The album, "DAYS GO BY" releases June 26th.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

upcoming
Sybreed - God is an Automaton.

waiting for this album is agony.
mr.sad robots will surely enjoy.
as will senator stephens.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:52 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

double post for new boomboom releasing shortly.

funky stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:35 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
The Offspring's new album coming out

omfg who cares, none of us are in high school, and they haven't made a good fuck everything song since Ixnay anyway, hombre.

S1eepy wrote:
double post for new boomboom releasing shortly.
funky stuff.

I can't say I disapprove of the new direction and they're good, but my god they are crap now... the poppiness is good but the overall sound is just bad. I find it hard to be excited by the new release of a band that has been so thoroughly boring of late. Ummm so ditto for offspring.

-------
Um the only thing I'm excited about is this http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/int ... be-amazing

Daft Punk is working with Chic's guitarist on their upcoming album. It's not so much the music I'm keen on, more the fact that this will probably mean that funk guitar will become common in EDM outside of French House, and probably guitar in EDM in general (there's a couple of labels supporting more adventurous artists than Skazi, Pendulum etc already). Exciting times for me anyway. Here's hoping it's not all that shuffly disco chord crap he's famous for.

I said a hip hop a hibbie to the hibbie to the hip hip hop you don't stop the rockin to the bang bang boogie said up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:45 pm 
KSK Mastermind

I am still a huge offspring fan. Americana is very underrated and has some great songs on it. the two after that were meh for sure, but Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace was fucking great. Back to Offspring greatness if you ask me.

The new single, i agree i wasn't impressed, but maybe the rest of the album will be decent. The singles aren't always the best tunes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i absolutely hated pretty fly. it actually kept me from listening to offspring for a long time.
later i found them to be pretty enjoyable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 pm 
KSK Mastermind

see, at first when i heard Pretty fly.. i was like "Umwutlol?" and i didn't like Americana.... but then i realized what the song was about and its actually kinda funny. figuring this out allowed me to not mind it so much, go back and listen to it more and found a bunch of great tunes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:25 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I love the band. But I always found it funny that arguably their biggest hit has always been BY FAR my least favorite song of theirs. I hate Pretty Fly. I burned a copy of Americana and omitted that song, just to make the album better. Without that song, Americana becomes my second favorite of their albums. With it, it's still behind Rise and Fall Rage and Grace. Ixnay is their best IMO. The other song they released from the new album is funny though. I think the best part is all the comments on youtube clearly thinking this song is serious, as if it's not blatantly making fun of today's pop music.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:51 am 
KSK Mastermind

i really liked that. catchy.

A lot of their songs have those satirical meanings, much like pretty fly. Cool to Hate is a good example as well.

I think for me its

Smash/Ixnay
Americana/Rise and Fall
Ignition/Self Title
Splinter/Conspiracy of One

I've only seen em three times. The first time i got to meet Noodles (who was in a hurry cause he was about to score :D ) and Dexter, to which i asked why he cut his hair lol. I was a stupid kid.

Second time was at Warped Tour, where i gladly got kicked in the face while shoving my way through the crowd to get closer

Third was a great show where Sum 41 opened up for them, which they kicked ass too. They are also the tiniest people i've ever seen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:35 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
Third was a great show where Sum 41 opened up for them, which they kicked ass too. They are also the tiniest people i've ever seen.

Shit is Fucked Up Tour? that's when I saw them, and the show I was at was the last show to NOT have Sum 41. They joined the tour at the next stop. Instead we got Frank Turner, who I had never heard of but now fucking love. He's British, and mostly an acoustic, kind of folky act and nearly got booed off the stage, but he just had a "whatever, shut the fuck up I'm not going to stop" attitude and I loved that. Not a good choice to open for The Offspring (lyrically he fit fine, but people wanted to hear something faster. They saw an acoustic guitar and immediately thought THIS FUCKING SUCKS without giving the guy a chance) but I'd love to see him open for Flogging Molly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:46 am 
KSK Mastermind

i will look it up..

DVD to look for if you dont have it already, "Huck It". Noodles does a classical version of cool to hate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
i will look it up..

DVD to look for if you dont have it already, "Huck It". Noodles does a classical version of cool to hate.

best part of the show when I saw them.... Dexter's piano version of "gone away." Equal parts :) and :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 pm 
KSK Mastermind

illblamesum1else wrote:
Crashman wrote:
i will look it up..

best part of the show when I saw them.... Dexter's piano version of "gone away." Equal parts :) and :(

awesome!

I am very happy we've only talked about The Offspring this whole time.

To continue, their Soundtrack offerings have been great. Crazy Taxi, they did a song for Batman Forever (Smash it up) and in idle hands they do an awesome version of i wanna be sedated to name a few.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:58 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Crashman wrote:
i will look it up..

awesome!

To continue, their Soundtrack offerings have been great. Crazy Taxi, they did a song for Batman Forever (Smash it up) and in idle hands they do an awesome version of i wanna be sedated to name a few.

You forgot Orange County! "Defy You" was never on any of their studio albums.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:04 am 
KSK Mastermind

illblamesum1else wrote:
Crashman wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Crashman wrote:
i will look it up..

awesome!

You forgot Orange County! "Defy You" was never on any of their studio albums.

THATS RIGHT! Damn, and I love that song too.